Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: POP Concept Character "JOSH" for the MOTUC!

POP Concept Character "JOSH" for the MOTUC!

After reading the mattycollector description for Bow, in which they mention that he is the lone male character to be released in the MOTUC, I got bummed because I am still hoping for a new conceptualized heroic warrior or prince named Josh. Since the character already exists in the available cannon, why can't they do something cool with him? POP needs another Etherian man!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I would be up for it if one of the concept characters seen in Tomart was included and Josh was his real name.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    After reading the mattycollector description for Bow, in which they mention that he is the lone male character to be released in the MOTUC, I got bummed because I am still hoping for a new conceptualized heroic warrior or prince named Josh. Since the character already exists in the available cannon, why can't they do something cool with him? POP needs another Etherian man!
    Technically it says "The first and only male character from the Princess of Power™ series"

Which I took to mean that he is the only male from the 1980s Princess of Power action figure line.
    Not that it automatically rules out any other PoP-based male characters.
    I think they'd consider Josh a mini-comics character.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Adam, we need pics!!!

Oh, and I added Josh to the index!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I know! This bums me out too. I want Josh!

EDIT: MGM, you posted while I was making my post with mini-comic pictures.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I know I've talked a lot of smack about Bow, so before I go any further I want to say that he's the only part of POP that I'm not excited about--OK, so I can do without any of the creatures/animals/vehicles beyond Swift Wind, but I say bring on all the figures of rebel and Horde ladies and bring 'em on as quick as you want! But I think Josh would be a terrible idea for a figure, unless they made him dead last. Give me Strobo (who I don't want) and Songster (who I do want) before you give me Josh. And I think POP fans would be MOST against having him made when there are so many other POP figures that are more wanted, more deserving, more well known and just plain cooler and more interesting than him.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I'm always up for minicomic characters and characters that haven't had figures before, so put me down for a Josh!

What would Josh's real name be?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I 'm a HUGE PoP fan and I do want Josh. Josh is very facinating to me. We don't know much about him, but we can gather the following from his mini-comic appearance:

1) Josh is a member of the Great Rebellion.
    2) Josh is good friends with Adora, Bow and Glimmer.
    3) Josh is an IMPORTANT member of the Great Rebellion because he was invited to the picnic with the three most important members of the Great Rebellion.

Guesses:

Maybe Mattel was thinking of introducing Josh to become Glimmer's love interest?

I just think he's so interesting because he's so important but we know almost nothing about him. What's his specialty? Is he a "master" of something?

Also, I just noticed that Josh's design changes drastically in page 4 and 14.

On page 4 he kind of looks like Prince Adam with the wristbands and vest. On page 14 he's wearing a full dress shirt under his vest. That's...odd.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I know I've talked a lot of smack about Bow, so before I go any further I want to say that he's the only part of POP that I'm not excited about--OK, so I can do without any of the creatures/animals/vehicles beyond Swift Wind, but I say bring on all the figures of rebel and Horde ladies and bring 'em on as quick as you want! But I think Josh would be a terrible idea for a figure, unless they made him dead last. Give me Strobo (who I don't want) and Songster (who I do want) before you give me Josh. And I think POP fans would be MOST against having him made when there are so many other POP figures that are more wanted, more deserving, more well known and just plain cooler and more interesting than him.
    This is essentially the same argument that can be made whenever ANY concept or C-lister makes it into the line over a more anticipated character. I respect your opinion, but I feel that is a narrow-minded viewpoint and it misses the point of Mattel's strategy in regards to figure releases. For the record, I feel they would have to "do more" for the Josh Concept than his mini comics appearance gives him. There is no reason why he couldn't be given a tricky talent and armor, or given a crown and a sword, or just a lieutena t in the Rebellion. But I agree that he needs more. The same could be said for some of those C-lister POP ladies.

Looking at him and his arms he could be the muscles the rebellion really could need as they only have She-Ra and she isn´t always around none off the others are really strong when it comes to strength.

He could be a former Bodyguard or who knows...?

For me he is like Vikor or Eldor, nothing much is known but that´s the interessting part, so i would vote yes, please make him one of the new concept figures.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Mern-ra I'm totally with you on this... Josh looks like a cross between Jem's Rio and Barbie's Ken! Terrible character. Bring on Seahawk!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    Technically it says "The first and only male character from the Princess of Power™ series"

Which I took to mean that he is the only male from the 1980s Princess of Power action figure line.
    Not that it automatically rules out any other PoP-based male characters.
    I think they'd consider Josh a mini-comics character.
    That would mean that either Loo-Kee and Kowl are not considered PoP or planned for MotUC....or they both switched and are now female...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    I'm always up for minicomic characters and characters that haven't had figures before, so put me down for a Josh!

What would Josh's real name be?
    Eric

If we get Josh then.....
    1. I want Disco Skeletor
    2. I will riot

Josh - Special Friend of Bow. Sounds like a good idea to me.
    Matty needs to do pre-orders !!

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marek View Post
    Josh - Special Friend of Bow. Sounds like a good idea to me.
    Hahaha!

Honestly I could do without based on my knowledge so far. Give me Frosta way before Josh. His name doesn't even have a uniqueness to it. Joshor would be better lol!

Seriously though from what I can gather based on those scans, he is just some random dude who happened to go on a picnic with them. I must be missing something? What is his special power? Does he fight anyone in that comic? It just seems a bit mundane to me when you have characters like Man-E-Faces that still need to be made. The only thing I could imagine him being so far is random peasant guy. Again if I am missing something please fill me in!

Josh: magic power to make sleeves appear on his coat when they were not there at first. He also has the power to change his braces from blue to pink to none at all!
    Last edited by Hordak; February 2, 2011 at 01:28am.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Josh is kinda look like Bow's brother than special friend or anything. Well that's the way I see it. But I know most of the fan fic or art describe him more than a friend with Bow.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

I'm a huge POP fan but dont really care if we ever see a Josh.

Heroic Warrior
    Josh is fine, but I want Songster first.

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Bring on Seahawk!!!
    Amen! Which line Mattel wanna include Filmation rights if not in Motuc?

ON TOPIC: If they give Josh some more skills and deepness to his character than just to be on a picnic ... why not?
    But please ... not in the next 2 years.

I would love to see Josh in MOTUC one day.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Dragstor : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : The Twiggets

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I 'm a HUGE PoP fan and I do want Josh. Josh is very facinating to me. We don't know much about him, but we can gather the following from his mini-comic appearance:

1) Josh is a member of the Great Rebellion.
    2) Josh is good friends with Adora, Bow and Glimmer.
    3) Josh is an IMPORTANT member of the Great Rebellion because he was invited to the picnic with the three most important members of the Great Rebellion.

Guesses:

Maybe Mattel was thinking of introducing Josh to become Glimmer's love interest?

I just think he's so interesting because he's so important but we know almost nothing about him. What's his specialty? Is he a "master" of something?

Also, I just noticed that Josh's design changes drastically in page 4 and 14.

On page 4 he kind of looks like Prince Adam with the wristbands and vest. On page 14 he's wearing a full dress shirt under his vest. That's...odd.
    I agree! (For the most part..) But you forgot #4. - Josh is Bow's 'better half'!
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Josh seems to share Adams vest. Easy custom!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

How exactly do you market Josh? "JOSH: Acquaintance of She-Ra" accessories include picnic blanket and basket plus unmasked She-Ra head with her hair down.

He is basically random villager #7. Everything about him would have to be created new or altered for a classics figure. Sure, I get the appeal for big POP fans and I'd be happy to buy him but I don't see him as being marketable.

Josh looks kinda boring asthetically and even the name 'Josh' is pretty boring if he doesn't have some other superhero name to go by. Can't say im desperate for this guy. I really cant understand the appeal. Its not like Vikor who looks very cool and has weapons etc. He just looks like a regular Joe who is on a picnic. No powers, no weapons not even an interesting costume!
    Last edited by Rodster6; February 2, 2011 at 12:06pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    Josh looks kinda boring asthetically and even the name 'Josh' is pretty boring if he doesn't have some other superhero name to go by. Can't say im desperate for this guy. I really cant understand the appeal. Its not like Vikor who looks very cool and has weapons etc. He just looks like a regular Joe who is on a picnic. No powers, no weapons not even an interesting costume!
    "JOSH" is an available Etherian Rebel... the only other available human male they have rights to. OF COURSE they would need to adapt his character to be an interesting member of the rebellion. He is a BLANK SLATE they can create on! He doesn't have to be a dude in purple on a picnic! What if those same panels were the ONLY appearance of Bow? Check out any of the fan creations for male rebellion members and give it the "real name" JOSH. Its an opportunity to get a new POP character....