Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: POP Concept Character "JOSH" for the MOTUC!

I have a sword. Anyway, its ok for you Prince Adam, you already have a figure made of you!
    Last edited by Rodster6; February 2, 2011 at 07:39pm.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    I see Josh as a sub exclusive. I find it hard to believe that anyone (or many people, anyway) would chose to buy or not buy a sub based on the bonus figure. This way, Mattel gets guaranteed sales, and the hardcore, I'll-buy-anything fan is pleased.

For the record, I'd love a Josh figure. I remember reading the comic as a kid and going "who is that? when can I have one?"
    I disagree with your assessment of the sub exclusive. I think it needs to be interesting enough to draw in the core vintage fans, especially as instant sell outs end and it gets easier to buy online each month. I expect the sub figure to remain some variant of He-Man or Skeletor or at least be a MOTU mini-comic exclusive character.

Villainous Marauder Monkeyboy Prime's Avatar
    As a Josh I fully support this Josh! Let's have him before Ram Man, before Man-E-Faces, just not before Songster!

Ducks rocks
    When will we get our Songster figure Mattel???

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I disagree with your assessment of the sub exclusive. I think it needs to be interesting enough to draw in the core vintage fans, especially as instant sell outs end and it gets easier to buy online each month. I expect the sub figure to remain some variant of He-Man or Skeletor or at least be a MOTU mini-comic exclusive character.
    #1 - I know for a fact that you would buy a sub whether it was Josh, He-Man, or a baggie filled with chalk dust.

#2 - Although you are probably right that it will continue to be He-Man or Skeletor variants, I personally don't see the appeal of variant after variant after variant.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Give Josh a bit of edge and he'd make a cool enough figure....

I think I would actually prefer Josh over another He-man or Skelly varient s a sub exclusive as I don't like having more than one version of each character on display or clogging up my collection space. Though I would still prefer a more interesting character than Josh.

I say make Josh. Make Songster. Make Josh into Songster.

Make Josh look a little more like Bow and give him that kick-butt Guitar-AXE and you have songster!

SONGSTER HEROIC MASTER OF SOUND
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

#1 - I know for a fact that you would buy a sub whether it was Josh, He-Man, or a baggie filled with chalk dust.

#2 - Although you are probably right that it will continue to be He-Man or Skeletor variants, I personally don't see the appeal of variant after variant after variant.
    Well first off, you have me totally pegged

and secondly, my point was that WE need to KEEP the POP haters buying the sub every year so that WE can get all of the POP ladies before this thing dies out.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I say make Josh. Make Songster. Make Josh into Songster.

And give him Kevin from the Motion Picture's last name and you you have all three of these characters wrapped up.
    Last edited by urbanmyth; February 2, 2011 at 10:58pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Are we really trying to compare Gygor to Josh? Really there is no comparison. I will take a totally new figure of a never before mentioned character that looks cool over Josh. I am sorry but I have no appeal to Josh at this point in the line. Ask me in a couple of years, after I have Songster, who I really feel is a necessary part of this line, and maybe I'll take Josh. Really.

Waitaminute...what color chalk we talkin' here?

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    and secondly, my point was that WE need to KEEP the POP haters buying the sub every year so that WE can get all of the POP ladies before this thing dies out.
    Fine. Then make him the 2017 Club Eternia Exclusive. It's the last year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Waitaminute...what color chalk we talkin' here?
    Green. Purple and Red are the SDCC exclusives.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    inspired by these arts by gbagok

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i came up with the idea to merge the characters into one:
    "lance"

long time friend of bow, josh is a noble warrior, greatly skilled in using melee weapons. his weapon of choice is a magical spear he inherited from his ancestor: for this reason he was nicknamed lance when he joined the great rebellion.

don't know if mattel will ever release him in motuc, but for those who don't like havin' extra parts unused laying around, he could be an option to use bow's clean shaven head for a different character.

I think it is awesome that Josh has drawn so much board activity! I say, make him. I want Songster, Meteorbs, Energy Zoids, Galactimytes, Gleanons, vehicles, beasts, playsets, army builders, Sky Tree, all variants, tools and accessories, and sure, Josh too!

But get me my Jungle Attack He-Man fast!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    cool art from gbagok! like to see the bios, but dont feel id want a figure. Seahawk on the other hand. Yes! but hes filmation so were not getting him?

Without the Filmation rights, there will be no SEAHAWK. Or any other Etherian man or male rebel that is not on the Horde roster. But like Vikor and Gygor, they could take an early concept (in this case, a non-fighting male rebel from a mini-comic) and do something with it to make an exciting new character. Some people just can't get past the surface issue and see the potential.

I'd like there to be more Great Rebellion members. I'd love to see more guys on the team. Some express opposition to the idea of further developing Josh into a good action figure because they feel that he will "take away" a slot going to one of the POP girls. But in that exact same thinking, ANY character that is given a figure before Perfuma or Flutterina is "taking away". And, who is to say that couldn't release him towards the end of the line?

I want figures of tons of little known MOTU and POP characters! I love Vikor and any figure that gives me the chance to further develop and enrich the story of Eternia and Etheria! Expand the mythos, I say!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior
    Another stupid question here....

Who are Geldor or Lodar? I can't seem to remember them.

Quote Originally Posted by KryptonianMike View Post

They are both bad guys from old MOTU mini-comics. Funny enough, Geldor is far more ridiculous looking than Josh, but he is a villain from the boy based media so he is more easily accepted. If Geldor and Josh both walked into a bar, which one would get more stares?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KryptonianMike View Post

Check the MOTUC Index. Both of them have threads...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    They are both bad guys from old MOTU mini-comics. Funny enough, Geldor is far more ridiculous looking than Josh, but he is a villain from the boy based media so he is more easily accepted. If Geldor and Josh both walked into a bar, which one would get more stares?
    Depends on the type of bar, if you ask me.

But i guess that´s the point, Josh looks to normal... to ordinary.

Geldor is something different, his beard , his clothes and he is dark skinned.

Josh, wears a vest, has brown hair and typical fair skin...

Don´t get me wrong, i´m one of those who said i would like to see him made into action figure but that´one of the points, i would like to see some of that action he would be featured. As i said before, in this one picture, were his sleeve is missing, he looks more muscled than Bow. I really could see him as an ex bodyguard or maybe one of those "human" Troopers, He-Man knocked out and took his armor, who changed sides.

Just like Adora???

Josh needs armor and a weapon. His name is ordinary, but we don't know his last name, nor his battlefield nickname. He needs fleshing out!

JOSH?!! Are you serious? LOL!

That comic appearance isn't doing him any favors either. I expect the following page to show him and Bow giggling and combing each other's chest hair.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Im pretty sure if He-man, Bow and Ram man walked into a bar on a regular night on earth they would get some pretty weird looks too. Josh however would not. That's the whole reason he seems like a boring choice for a figure. He would need a total overhaul and a 'superhero' name added so would basicaly be a totally different character. That's why it seems kinda pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    JOSH?!! Are you serious? LOL!

That comic appearance isn't doing him any favors either. I expect the following page to show him and Bow giggling and combing each other's chest hair.
    This! I've accepted the fact that PoP is included with this line, but this has to be one of the more absurd requests I've heard. What would he come with, a picnic basket and Barbra Streisand records? He does look like he could use the non-mustached head of Mr. Reccula though.

But to those of you who want him, I wish you good luck with that one, I wouldn't buy him, but then there are a lot of MOTUC figures I wouldn't buy.

Personally I have zero interest in a figure of this character at this point.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Josh needs armor and a weapon. His name is ordinary, but we don't know his last name, nor his battlefield nickname. He needs fleshing out!
    This is why I say they should merge Josh and Songster. It would flesh out Josh, and tone down Songster. It would also give us a much needed second POP male and incorporate Songster into the comics, rather than just from the tour.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52