Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: POP Concept Character "JOSH" for the MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    Yeah, his tagline can be:

JOSH: The Guy That Brought the Potato Salad

I won't begrudge anyone their Josh, but I'd hope that it came after the Monogram pilots.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

I would cancel my sub and my membership here if he got made.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I still really want Josh. Heck, I would like a pack of maybe 4-5 generic villagers too! They would be great for rebels, market scenes, etc.

There are MOTUC stories I want to tell with my action figures, but I need some generic characters to do so. I mean, seriously, it's hard to do a story without having anyone to protect or save.

Anyway, I'm just going to say what we're all thinking:

Josh is actually Ram-Man before the steroids and brain damage.

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I think if the Wind Raider pilot ends up coming with the Wind Raider, than Josh would be a great figure to have come out with one of the POP vehicles.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I think he'd be a great sub exclusive. He's a mini comic character with one appearance, which ties him with PD He-Man and causes him to surpass Wun-Dar in relevance (to the legitimate mythos, not the fan-fabricated one).

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I would cancel my sub and my membership here if he got made.
    Funny.

He probably WON'T get made, even though they could.

But it's curious to me that I see so many people responding favorably to other threads about even smaller, more random characters than JOSH. There are SEVERAL characters whose names get tossed around as potential releases that I have ZERO interest in, but I refuse to ever say that they should NOT be made; that wouldn't be fair. Why, just because I don't want it? That would be selfish and immature of me.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Funny.

He probably WON'T get made, even though they could.

But it's curious to me that I see so many people responding favorably to other threads about even smaller, more random characters than JOSH. There are SEVERAL characters whose names get tossed around as potential releases that I have ZERO interest in, but I refuse to ever say that they should NOT be made; that wouldn't be fair. Why, just because I don't want it? That would be selfish and immature of me.
    You also never swear to cancel your sub. (and seriously, if I had a sub, and they made me buy a big yellow and green gorilla, I'd be very upset and swear to cancel my sub).

I'm so on the 'he who shall be nameless' and eats with Adora and Bow bandwagon I'm contemplating a custom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    PrinceAdam101, you've been doing a good job on your campaigning for this character, because your current avatar - I really like the way Josh looks in it - and I had to check this thread again to make sure I wasn't seeing things. I'd said before that Josh wasn't visually interesting, but if they make him the way he looks in your avatar, I think he would be. I'd welcome an Etherian Rebel Josh that looks like the "fixed-up" version in your avatar.
    One of the humorous things about his appearance is that he changes outfits from moment to moment within the same scene. I mean, they literally couldn't decide what he should be wearing. That image is his best one, in my opinion.

If they ever make Josh (as a pack in with another character, or as a Mo-Larr type humorous thing, or as an updated design with weapons) I've thought it would be funny if he were some sort of trickster or chameleon. I think they should interpret the visual changes as a personality trait. There's gotta be some humor to be tapped there.

I think of him as a sort of Scarlet Pimpernel fop who loves women (specifically Glimmer) but puts on to hide his rebellion member status as he skulks around villages, gathering information while he shops for the next picnic. Did anybody ever see that movie (Scarlet Pimpernel)? He was effeminite and fussed over clothes and extravagances, but it was an act; he was swashbuckling and could kick butt.

Also, I like to think of him as Bow's younger brother. Jokes aside, to be taken more seriously as a story the Rebellion needs more men. JOSH is a pre-existing character they could develop further.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I think if the Wind Raider pilot ends up coming with the Wind Raider, than Josh would be a great figure to have come out with one of the POP vehicles.
    That's a really fun idea, and one I haven't thought of!
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; April 23, 2011 at 02:47am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I completely feel your pain. When I see threads that say things like "Awww man, I will DIE if I don't get Man in Shadows from panel 7 of MOTU mini-comic #6! You can only see his eyes...and that panel is his only appearance, but I bet he'd look cool!" ...and then everyone agrees.

I mean, come on. Josh was throughout a whole story and even has a name! Plus, he's the only other male PoP Mattel has the rights too (that's a human, at least).

...and nobody better mention Illumina's name after my semi-joke because of how much I want her...or I'll punch you in the head.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

POP figures have been few and far between since '09 when this line kicked into gear. I think the lack of supporting characters is a prime reason why so many aren't interested in discussing expanding the mythos and including characters like the Wizardess or Josh (who are both very minor). I hope that in time, and after several POP supporting females have been released, that fans will be more embracing. I think they will, anyway!
    I think your totally right, when we actually get some of the POP girls I think more people will start to want Josh, I know I will. I would happily buy him as having another POP guy would be cool and I like the idea of making him Bow's brother/cousin. As things stand now though we still don't have Glimmer or Frosta or Casta so Josh is last on my want list right after Perfuma.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Dragstor : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : The Twiggets

PrinceAdma101, where did you get that picture for your avatar? The Org's minicomic Across the Crystal Light Barrier featuring Josh has been replaced by the pages of A Most Unpleasant Present!

Also, as far as the PoP figures being too few for Josh to be accepted, I think that's true but more so for PoP fans. I think many fans who want more MOTU-ish characters would probably accept obscure PoP characters like Catra's cat warriors or the Old Wizardess. Josh however looks so generic, that I think Mattel would probably release him under special circumstances like a sub exclusive or in a themed multi-pack.

One of the humorous things about his appearance is that he changes outfits from moment to moment within the same scene. I mean, they literally couldn't decide what he should be wearing. That image is his best one, in my opinion.

If they ever make Josh (as a pack in with another character, or as a Mo-Larr type humorous thing, or as an updated design with weapons) I've thought it would be funny if he were some sort of trickster or chameleon. I think they should interpret the visual changes as a personality trait. There's gotta be some humor to be tapped there.

I think of him as a sort of Scarlet Pimpernel fop who loves women (specifically Glimmer) but puts on to hide his rebellion member status as he skulks around villages, gathering information while he shops for the next picnic. Did anybody ever see that movie (Scarlet Pimpernel)? He was effeminite and fussed over clothes and extravagances, but it was an act; he was swashbuckling and could kick butt.

Also, I like to think of him as Bow's younger brother. Jokes aside, to be taken more seriously as a story the Rebellion needs more men. JOSH is a pre-existing character they could develop further.
    Heck and Yes! Also he can be pretty much be made with parts reuse and bring us a new weapon in MOTU... a Rapier!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    PrinceAdma101, where did you get that picture for your avatar? The Org's minicomic Across the Crystal Light Barrier featuring Josh has been replaced by the pages of A Most Unpleasant Present!

Also, as far as the PoP figures being too few for Josh to be accepted, I think that's true but more so for PoP fans. I think many fans who want more MOTU-ish characters would probably accept obscure PoP characters like Catra's cat warriors or the Old Wizardess. Josh however looks so generic, that I think Mattel would probably release him under special circumstances like a sub exclusive or in a themed multi-pack.
    He would make a fun exclusive item for sure. But remember that other concept characters have taken monthly and quarterly slots before.

The image was a cropped one I found here on the org. I think many of the pages of that mini-comic are posted somewhere on this very thread.

He would make a fun exclusive item for sure. But remember that other concept characters have taken monthly and quarterly slots before.

The image was a cropped one I found here on the org. I think many of the pages of that mini-comic are posted somewhere on this very thread.
    Oh I see, it's been altered then. His shirt has more white in your avatar, and a necklace similar to Gray's. For a second I thought maybe he really was given Gray's design in vintage art!

I haven't forgotten about Vikor and Gygor getting monthly releases. But two things Josh is not is Vikor or Gygor. I'd like him to get made, but I don't think he is strong enough visually or in concept to be a regular toy. I think he'd be great to sell with Kowl or Loo-Kee.

Should the picnic be included in the bio?

Naturally!

Couldn't Josh be Songster?

I mean, they shouldn't make Songster look EXACTLY like the design from the Power Tour - that would be terrible.

Can't they combine the cool design of the Josh character seen in PrinceAdam101's avatar, and then add some Songster stuff (removeable), give him a guitar-axe-comb lol, and then voila: SONGSTER, Real Name: Josh Reccula (brother of Kyle).

Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    I won't begrudge anyone their Josh, but I'd hope that it came after the Monogram pilots.
    You're likely to get your wish...
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Naturally!
    For guards he couldn't care less. Mystiquous and precise! He's a killer--Queen!

I don't know. That might come off as humorous, and the purpose of the bios is to provide serious narrative. Wait. What was on the Mo-Larr one?

Mo-Larr Bio

When an impacted wisdom tooth or an infected molar threatens the oral health of anyone in the Dark or Light Hemispheres, Mo-Larr, Eternian Dentist, is called! Relentlessly dedicated to his craft, Mo-Larr has been known to travel to the gates of Snake Mountain™ itself to insist his clients keep their appointments! Whether hero or villain, it's all the same to Mo-Larr — the sworn enemy of all Eternian cavities!

So maybe they should mention the picnic?

Gygor™ Bio

Shortly after the Great Unrest, Keldor™ was driven behind the Mystic Wall and Gygor™, Lord of the Vine Jungle, led an army of beast men in a series of raids against the long forgotten Castle Grayskull®, believing the many tales of its great and mysterious power. It was only through the combined powers of Oo-larr™ — the jungle He-Man® — and The Goddess that Gygor™ was defeated and placed in a state of suspended animation. Eventually, Hordak® returned to Eternia® and the savage gorilla was freed by Evil-Lyn® in her attempt to bolster Skeletor’s forces against the new Horde army. Gygor™ uses his great strength to fight the Heroic Warriors.

Wait... where did they get all that? He was a prototype of a screaming neon monkey. Where in the archives of He-Man lore did they find this information? Oh! They just made it up.

Mattel makes up bios for these characters. Perhaps they could... I don't know... make some cool stuff up for him, too? Or maybe something funny, like the example above?

Oh I see, it's been altered then. His shirt has more white in your avatar, and a necklace similar to Gray's. For a second I thought maybe he really was given Gray's design in vintage art!

I haven't forgotten about Vikor and Gygor getting monthly releases. But two things Josh is not is Vikor or Gygor. I'd like him to get made, but I don't think he is strong enough visually or in concept to be a regular toy. I think he'd be great to sell with Kowl or Loo-Kee.
    Yes, you're right! I found the image somewhere and added it as an avatar. The original panels just had him changing different styles of purple shirts.

[IMG]http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...0076120/05.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; April 23, 2011 at 05:31pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Couldn't Josh be Songster?

I mean, they shouldn't make Songster look EXACTLY like the design from the Power Tour - that would be terrible.

Can't they combine the cool design of the Josh character seen in PrinceAdam101's avatar, and then add some Songster stuff (removeable), give him a guitar-axe-comb lol, and then voila: SONGSTER, Real Name: Josh Reccula (brother of Kyle).
    Personally, I wouldn't like this, as with people trying to make 200X Sorceress Veena, for me, more characters and more figures the better, so there's room for both Songster and Josh. Plus, it would put Bow's nose out of place if some other bloke starts singing! First he has to put up with living with all these hot girls, who have no time for him, but make googly eyes anytime He-Man or Adam show up, and then someone comes along and steals one of his party pieces!

You're likely to get your wish...
    Wind Raider as the vehicle reveal perhaps?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't like this, as with people trying to make 200X Sorceress Veena, for me, more characters and more figures the better, so there's room for both Songster and Josh.
    I agree. This. I want to know more about Josh. There's more to him than just being a good picnic companion.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I support the POP fans getting a Josh figure.

I can see why POP fans want him. People see Josh in that mini-comic and scoff, but imagine if there was only one sole female in the MOTU line? Then you see another female MOTU character in some media. The fans would probably want that other female.

I realize that Josh looks like a mundane villager, but any writer can make Josh into something. Hell, I bet the 4H and Mattel can turn Josh into a full fledged character, since there's no backstory to challenge.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 24, 2011 at 06:44pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    Yeah, his tagline can be:

JOSH: The Guy That Brought the Potato Salad
    Bahahahahahaha!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Hopefully the 30 year surprise is Josh, including a giant statue of him, like the ones of He-Man.

Toyguru at SDCC: I give you JOOOOOOSH!!!!

Crowd at SDCC: ...

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Josh is really Snout Spout before he was altered by Hordak.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com