Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: POP Concept Character "JOSH" for the MOTUC!

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    The Mighty Spector's body is purple... With some parts swapping and sculpting he could maybe pass for a Josh?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    The Mighty Spector's body is purple... With some parts swapping and sculpting he could maybe pass for a Josh?
    I'll have to review that figure again. Does anyone know if a figure can be taken apart at the waist and swapped with a different top half?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I'll have to review that figure again. Does anyone know if a figure can be taken apart at the waist and swapped with a different top half?
    They can but it requires you to break the glue seal on them and serperate the figure into parts. Hunter Knight actually has a video about it on youtube. the title is "How to repair a broken KING GRAYSKULL or other Motuc or Dc universe classics " Hope this helps.
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

That's a really good little video there, but the animation style would be very frustrating to me if I were looking at it as a tutorial while I butcher an expensive figure, LOL.

Definitely good info, though. I've never done anything like that before. I can't wait to give it a try!

This is one POP character that I hadn't heard of before coming to this forum. Having done some research on him I have to say that I would enthusiastically support his release. Having Bow, Sea Hawk, and Josh would really round out the Great Rebellion rather nicely.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I was looking at Josh's outfit and hair and was wondering... what about combining him with Prince Highcliff from the Princess of Power episode "Glimmer's Story"?

Highcliff came to Brightmoon to meet Glimmer, but was kidnapped by Hordak and replaced by False Face. The bio could easily make Highcliff's first name be Josh and mention the events of the episode, and to celebrate him being rescued he was invited to the picnic. People have already speculated that Josh was with Glimmer at the picnic, so it would not be much of a stretch.

What do you think?

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Weed View Post
    I was looking at Josh's outfit and hair and was wondering... what about combining him with Prince Highcliff from the Princess of Power episode "Glimmer's Story"?

What do you think?
    If it gets Josh in the line I'm all for it!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I saw that episode a few months ago and thought the same thing!

In fact, my go-to personal canon nickname for Josh is High Cliff. I have a full fanfic bio and really awesome explanation for his characters existence. I'm busy with my plans to submit for the create-a-character contest, but I'll reveal all my concept later on, afterward!

Also, funny note: I purchased an original character sketch of Prince Highcliff because I like his design so much. That was only about six months ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Death Weed View Post

http://www.frankshemanpage.net/story01.JPG

Highcliff came to Brightmoon to meet Glimmer, but was kidnapped by Hordak and replaced by False Face. The bio could easily make Highcliff's first name be Josh and mention the events of the episode, and to celebrate him being rescued he was invited to the picnic. People have already speculated that Josh was with Glimmer at the picnic, so it would not be much of a stretch.

What do you think?
    There is absolutely no reason at all why Mattel and Scott can't or shouldn't combine Josh with a similar character. Josh, as he is in the mini-comic, does not display a gimmick or action-driven personality trait. But that doesn't mean that they can't give him one.

I also like your explanation connecting him as one character. I really thought Scott might surprise us whenever Snout Spout came out. I hoped that SS would get a second head, and it and his original name would be Josh. Some fans wanted SS to have a human head (I was one of them). It was an easy way to give a nod to this canonized, vintage concept character.

Update:
    I just found this online article (from last year, LOL) but I wanted to share it here.

http://neftyshouseofrants.blogspot.c...-glimmers.html
    Last edited by Firefly; May 27, 2012 at 07:46pm. Reason: original post December 9, 2011, 05:14pm

I want Josh as Josh, although I like the idea of making him related to Bow in some fashion.

while I tried to suggest ways to make him cooler for the "eww! It's a girl's toy crowd" I'd prefer to keep Josh as is... but it's up to Mattel to make him appealing enough... If he's the everyman of PoP, he should have a place to shine... not all Rebels can be super-powered beings! Even the Heroic warriors have some guys without powers (Dekker, Maa, Lt. Spector)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    while I tried to suggest ways to make him cooler for the "eww! It's a girl's toy crowd" I'd prefer to keep Josh as is... but it's up to Mattel to make him appealing enough... If he's the everyman of PoP, he should have a place to shine... not all Rebels can be super-powered beings! Even the Heroic warriors have some guys without powers (Dekker, Maa, Lt. Spector)
    I agree with your thoughts on the character. Personally, I think it would be hysterical to have him packaged as an accessory to Glimmer, since he is presumably her love interest.

I wish Mattel would make a REAL Josh so I can replace my "Placeholder Josh"

(He has an Alternate "Armored Look" based on Bow's Armor)
    I may have found a recipient for the Carnivus Stuff from WP#3
    and yes it would be hysterical to have Josh as Glimmer's accessory!
    Last edited by DO4M; October 15, 2012 at 07:27pm.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Snappy Threader
    I am all for a Josh figure. The Rebellion needs more fellas besides Bow and Sea Hawk.....

image.jpg

Is this another Josh appearance in the Series Three mini comic, "Don't Rain on my Parade"???

The clothes and hair are somewhat different, but I can still kind of see it being another Josh appearance.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    The clothes and hair are somewhat different, but I can still kind of see it being another Josh appearance.
    We have to keep in mind that in the 3 or 4 panels that we can confirm are Josh appearances, his clothes and hair style (but not color) changed 3 or 4 times.

In the above picture, the color scheme is the same, if not the style.

Also, it has been speculated that Josh was to be turned into a love interest for Glimmer. In this issue, only known characters are featured throughout....with the exception of the VERY prominent placement of this unknown piper. [Note: The blonde character on the right is a miscolored Frosta, who appears on other pages with blue hair. Notice the wand.]

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    We have to keep in mind that in the 3 or 4 panels that we can confirm are Josh appearances, his clothes and hair style (but not color) changed 3 or 4 times.

In the above picture, the color scheme is the same, if not the style.

Also, it has been speculated that Josh was to be turned into a love interest for Glimmer. In this issue, only known characters are featured throughout....with the exception of the VERY prominent placement of this unknown piper. [Note: The blonde character on the right is a miscolored Frosta, who appears on other pages with blue hair. Notice the wand.]
    I am agreeing with you that it's probably Josh in the later mini-comic.

The only panel in ATCLB with Josh that looks slightly inconsistent to me, is the one where they removed his "undershirt" and gave him what looks to be either gloves or gauntlets. Other than that, it looks to be the same vested top and spandex-y shorts/pants with some slight changes on the highlighting on the belt in the rest. (although there's like 2 panels where we don't see his lower half. heheh)
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I am agreeing with you that it's probably Josh in the later mini-comic.

The only panel in ATCLB with Josh that looks slightly inconsistent to me, is the one where they removed his "undershirt" and gave him what looks to be either gloves or gauntlets. Other than that, it looks to be the same vested top and spandex-y shorts/pants with some slight changes on the highlighting on the belt in the rest. (although there's like 2 panels where we don't see his lower half. heheh)
    I know you were agreeing. I was just explaining my reasoning further for all potential readers.

I guess his appearance didn't change drastically in ATCLB, but, to me anyway, he looks way different on pages 2 and 4 than he does on pages 13 and 14. Maybe he went shopping while She-Ra was off adventuring?
    Last edited by bamf1980; January 18, 2013 at 09:19am.

I don't think there's any way that's Josh. Eric Frydler created him and, as he spoke about at considerable length at Power-Con, had an entire storyline created for him but was never able to use the character other than his one appearance. I'm sure he would be able to confirm or deny this.
    Last edited by Swifty; January 23, 2013 at 11:50pm.

DO4M, that is an AWESOME interpretation of Josh!

My latest "thing" is thinking of Josh as the Red Knight; Josh has no super heroic identity and and the Red Knight has a secret identity that was never revealed.

My Josh is simply a Prince Adam, with Mo-larr head (i just colored the hair with a brown tamiya color)

HEROES OF TAJALAN Page - MY TOYLINE! Here: http://www.facebook.com/HeroesOfEternitia
    My Deviantart http://nijirain.deviantart.com - I accept commissions for drawings and custom/sculpts!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I just thought this should be added to the thread:

Kevenn and Darkspecter: In the mini-comic "Across the Crystal Light Barrier," there is a somewhat mysterious character named Josh that makes an appearance in a few panels. Josh has become notorious with a segment of the He-Man and She-Ra community, mainly because he looks like he has the potential to be more than just a background character. Did you create him? Was he meant to be used in future comics or be a doll in the PoP toy line?

In thinking about the character of "Josh" my recollection is that I wanted to introduce some male characters (in as much as MOTU had female characters with the males). As I recall, I had worked some missions for my character ideas, but we were butting up against deadlines and there was no consensus from marketing about either the mission or marketing worthiness of these character concepts. It seems to me I must have been thinking of the "buddy" dynamic found in classics like, "Batman and Robin" and so on. I think it would have opened up and added a new dimension to the line.
    Bow - Batman
    Josh - Robin

Frydler, apparently, spoke of Josh at Power-Con, but I couldn't find a video of it. That was probably the PoP panel that didn't get filmed.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I fully support this guy. We need more rebels! I know he's not a super powered killing machine, but he's kind of a clean slate. They could keep him a regular guy with a skill, like Bow. IDK maybe he's a good tracker/hunter/scout or something. One thing is a must, if he makes it to the line... he MUST bring the potato salad!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

I really have no idea how they'd fit a character this obscure into the line at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I just thought this should be added to the thread:

Bow - Batman
    Josh - Robin

Frydler, apparently, spoke of Josh at Power-Con, but I couldn't find a video of it. That was probably the PoP panel that didn't get filmed.
    Eric, it was at the "Legends of Toy Design" panel (which was in a smaller room on the second floor) where he spoke about his plans for Josh. He did mention him again during the POP panel, saying that he was told his inclusion as a figure in MOTUC was possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I really have no idea how they'd fit a character this obscure into the line at this point.
    Maybe as part of a POP 30th Anniversary Sub in 2015.