Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: POP Concept Character "JOSH" for the MOTUC!

This thread keeps disappearing altogether from the list.

I honestly don't know what to think as far how far anyone should get their hopes up for a full crew of Princess of Power figures, let alone Josh. But since there have been other obscure characters developed and released, I still believe there is hope for Josh and POP characters like him.

I mean, I DID just spend $300+ on four sets of the Fighting Foe Men who needed names and identities developed. And Josh is a male character, which seems to have a better chance at getting made than obscure women. Sad, but true....
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I think the hood and cloak from Ditztroyer would be nice for Josh, actually. Round him out a bit more.
    Last edited by bamf1980; June 2, 2013 at 07:45pm.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I'm not too fond of Josh. He seems rather pointless to me. Still, I hope we get more male members of the Great Rebellion. Sea Hawk seems to be the next POP guy coming. Other male GR members would be great in MOTUC (General Sundar, King Micah or Crimson Fury...)
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

If a 2 pack of rebels or guards of Brighton were released, it would be the perfect way to release Josh.
    Or in a mini comic sub.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

You know I wouldn't mind having a Josh....

Providing his character is a now transformed Horde member since he never really blossomed into a regular mainstay!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I went searching for this thread and it has disappeared from the pages of the character support / speculation forum.

Why?

It has the most posts lol.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I went searching for this thread and it has disappeared from the pages of the character support / speculation forum.

Why?

It has the most posts lol.
    It keeps happening, bcrduke. Not sure why.

Rather proud this conversation is the longest of the character support threads!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I'd love a Josh figure. I always preferred the way Bow looked in the mini-comics (clean shaven with golden headband like the toy) to the way he was portrayed in Filmation, so another male figure that looks similar would be awesome IMO. It'd be cool to see the 4H's take on him too. They'd really spruce him up!

When I think of mini comics characters, I mostly think of Garn, Rana, Lodar, etc.. NA mini comic Sorceress normally comes to mind as well.

Josh would make a good inclusion as a mini comic character from She-Ra's Etherian mythos if they ever did a mini comic sub.

He seems to be such a blank slate, I bet the 4H could really have fun with the character.
    Last edited by slackrguy; February 2, 2014 at 10:52pm.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I actually quite like his color scheme. It would be nice to add another male to the great rebellion.

They'd have to figure out a way to make him more than just a background character though.

Maybe give him some cool cartoon-specific accessories?

It's hard to fathom he'd come in the next 2 years unless there was a mini-comic sub. Let's hope we continue after that because I think the 4HM could do an amazing job with him
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

If a 2 pack of rebels or guards of Brighton were released, it would be the perfect way to release Josh.
    Or in a mini comic sub.
    I would like to see Josh released as one of the Brightmoon guards.
    Manny

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I'm cool with Josh. Heck any new character to boost up the MOTUC figure line or even the Great Rebellion is a welcome addition!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

The MOTUC line will not feel complete to me without Josh (and Bubbleiya, the Bubble Carriage maiden) made into a figure. We got Vykron, Vikor, Demo-Man, Sky High, the Fighting Foe Men, and Geldor. POP deserves to have its own mini comics and concept characters in plastic action figure form.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Wouldnt it be a surprise if he was in the rumored POP sub? They could give him some cool accessories, maybe a second head to make two Brightmoon Guards? Toy Fair only a couple weeks away!

Looking at the comic on page 1, "Josh" doesn't look all that different from the Malik/Wizard of Stone Mountain mold that Filmation was fond of. If he gets made, I guess that means his figure mold could get some milage.

I actually quite like his color scheme. It would be nice to add another male to the great rebellion.

They'd have to figure out a way to make him more than just a background character though.

Maybe give him some cool cartoon-specific accessories?
    The thing about this guy is that he has no special powers, and really nothing unique about him. There are other males from the great rebellion (Crimson Fury, Red Knight, King Micah) that a way more notable and have some unique characteristics to them, all these are better choices For Great Rebellion males then Josh. If people are looking to get this character just because he is a POP Mini Comic character, I would rather see someone like the Seress/Wizardress then Josh.

It's a shame they can't do build-a-figures in this line. Josh would be perfect as a BAF in a PoP mini sub!
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

If they wanted to do this figure, they can pretty much do whatever they want with him. They're writing the bios! They made Nepthu more relevant by bringing him back as a member of the Snake army. Why not give Josh the same treatment? Heck, make him the Red Knight! (I know that would be difficult, figure-wise, and there were hints the Knight was Micah but you get my point.) The Bright moon guard pack idea is nice. As long as they make him relevant to Classics, they could make him and give him unique accessories. Surely, not anytime soon, but why not?
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    If they wanted to do this figure, they can pretty much do whatever they want with him. They're writing the bios! They made Nepthu more relevant by bringing him back as a member of the Snake army. Why not give Josh the same treatment? Heck, make him the Red Knight! (I know that would be difficult, figure-wise, and there were hints the Knight was Micah but you get my point.) The Bright moon guard pack idea is nice. As long as they make him relevant to Classics, they could make him and give him unique accessories. Surely, not anytime soon, but why not?
    I'm not a fan of combining characters into one figure. I want a Red Knight and a Josh figure … which are very different. Same with the guards. Sure, this may be naive as we may never get any of these but I like to stay optimistic!

I'll take a Josh figure.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

I think a Brightmoon Guard two-pack with Josh and a female Brightmoon Guard would be pretty cool.

I still want Josh to have the codename Lance after his weapon of choice and to be Bow's brother.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I still want Josh to have the codename Lance after his weapon of choice and to be Bow's brother.
    Some relation to Bow would be cool. I don't think his bio fleshed out his story very well so this would be a great opportunity to add even more detail.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Heh, Lance is the name of one of my CaC submissions, likewise named for his weapon in the same spirit of Bow and Blade. I had to redesign for the sake of the contest and because my previous rendering actually did look too much like Josh.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406