Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: POP Concept Character "JOSH" for the MOTUC!

Just a reminder: let's not get into a debate here about sexuality and race please.
    Let's keep it on the topic of action figures.

Discussing whether or not you'd like Josh to be gay is fine.
    Debating race relations and homosexual status in society is not.

Thanks!
    Bill :: guitargod694

Quote Originally Posted by scb View Post
    the biggest problem is his name is josh. Whose going to be his arch nemesis, steve?
    EXACTLY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    Just a reminder: let's not get into a debate here about sexuality and race please.
    Let's keep it on the topic of action figures.

Discussing whether or not you'd like Josh to be gay is fine.
    Debating race relations and homosexual status in society is not.

Thanks!
    Perhaps, you should've said that after Captain Atkin made his remarks. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by LostIt2Bostik; April 28, 2011 at 04:47pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Alot of people want characters seen in packaging art that have no name or story. I dont see how this is any different.
    Because those characters LOOK interesting; they'd likely make good toys, like the pilots from the model kits. Josh was basically a filler character put there to keep folks from thinking something was going on with one guy picnicking with two girls. He honestly would make a very bland, uninteresting figure as he is; if he needs a total makeover in both appearance and story to make him viable, why exactly would there be a compelling reason to make him in the first place?

Gygor was a big yellow monkey. The model pilots have colorful outfits/armor and an implied purpose. Vikor is kick butt looking viking. Josh...brings potato salad and matches Glimmer.

An homage by calling an Etherian guard or some other character Josh is about the best I can see; nothing else is really warranted.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by LostIt2Bostik View Post
    Perhaps, you should've said that after Captain Atkin made his remarks. Just sayin'.

Fair enough.. you're right I should've brought it up earlier.
    I missed it.
    But I'm saying it to all of you now. Drop it or take it to PM.
    Thanks!
    Bill :: guitargod694

Eternians were probably using the name Josh long before we were.

Self centred Earthlings!

JOOOOOOSH!!!

I bet if Josh was next year's SDCC exclusive, and came with a fully articulated Cringer, you'd all be singing a different tune.

For Cringer...

And yet I didn't hear a "no" in there.

SCB, you are cracking me up!

There is so much comedic potential to be goldmined with Josh. Somebody earlier suggested a Robot Chicken sketch. I think that would be a great idea; he's the unsung, undiscovered Rebellion member. Kinda reminds me of that SnowJob/GI Joe sketch. His struggle for self worth and identity within the ranks...

"Looks like a go-job for Snow Job!"......................*crickets.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Characters' sexuality has already been introduced into the line with family lineage - Randor's parentage, He-Man's parentage. Bow's feelings for She-Ra in his bio. Gay people have romance in their lives the same way straight people do. They've already slapped Bow's sexuality on the packaging. At this point, it would only be fair game according to the precedent Mattel has set. Anything else "ghetto-izes" gay relationships and place a lesser value on them compared to straight relationships. They're either equal or not. If they're not, then be honest about it.
    All relationships should be treated equally in MOTUC. I just don't think it is necessary to write in the bios that a character is gay or straight, because that would be labelling the characters. If Mattel should decide that a character like Mekaneck is gay in MOTUC, I don't think it is necessary to write something in his bio like "Mekaneck is a gay warrior from the city of Eternos", because that is using the word gay as a label. However, something like "Mekaneck and his partner Songster have a young son named Philip", or "Josh is in love with Prince Adam, unaware that he and He-Man are one in the same" is appropriate for a bio, because it states a fact without labelling the character. This is the point I was trying to get across in my last post, and my apologies to anyone who may have misinterpreted what I was trying to say.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; May 1, 2011 at 05:23pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post

There is so much comedic potential to be goldmined with Josh. Somebody earlier suggested a Robot Chicken sketch. I think that would be a great idea; he's the unsung, undiscovered Rebellion member. Kinda reminds me of that SnowJob/GI Joe sketch. His struggle for self worth and identity within the ranks...

That would be me! For my money comedic is the way to go because his appearance is so random and strange esp on a world that's under tyrannical rule. the potato salad alone has great opportunities at humour.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post

I can see the Robot Chicken with Josh, where his Potato Salad is the big part of the running joke sketch. Adora is planning a Horde raid and Josh pops in to offer Potato Salad. The rebels are attacking the Horde and Glimmer is in trouble, Bow lines up his trick shot arrow to save her and Josh pops in to offer him Potato Salad. She-Ra and Hordak are fighting to the death on the top of the Fright Zone and as She-Ra pulls back her sword Josh pops in and offers her Potato Salad. Then later in the episode Josh is a new transfer to Eternia and he offers Orko some Potato Salad, only for Orko to call him "****ing useless."
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    I can see the Robot Chicken with Josh, where his Potato Salad is the big part of the running joke sketch. Adora is planning a Horde raid and Josh pops in to offer Potato Salad. The rebels are attacking the Horde and Glimmer is in trouble, Bow lines up his trick shot arrow to save her and Josh pops in to offer him Potato Salad. She-Ra and Hordak are fighting to the death on the top of the Fright Zone and as She-Ra pulls back her sword Josh pops in and offers her Potato Salad. Then later in the episode Josh is a new transfer to Eternia and he offers Orko some Potato Salad, only for Orko to call him "F-(bleep)-ing useless."
    Do we really want Josh to become a joke character? I thought that is what we had Stinkor for

If I'm not mistaken, Mo-Lar is actually the newest character created for MOTUC (shudders). Everyone else is based on a classic toy or mini-comic or production art. If Josh was updated and turned into a character, I would hate to see the two newest characters just be jokes. I don't think it does anything for the brand.

Why is everyone picking on the poor guy for his name? lol... Josh is no worse than Adam or Duncan. Sounds OK as a real name to me
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; April 30, 2011 at 04:45pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

i vote for Josh, sure i want him like Darius.

The PoP Girls need more BOYs!!!
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro˛ - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

Aw crap! Since I started this this whole Potato Salad thing; with the way it's catching on, and considering that MOTUC seems to like doing comedy (Mo-Larr, Wun-Dar with his Loaf of Bread TM), now if this character gets made and comes with a Potato Salad TM, I'll have to get him. Crap, crap, crap. And I was just trying to be sarcastic about how silly the character was, but put me down for one MOTUC JOSH: The Guy That Brought the Potato Salad.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Heroic Warrior
    As long as he comes after 2017, I'm OK with a Josh figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    Aw crap! Since I started this this whole Potato Salad thing; with the way it's catching on, and considering that MOTUC seems to like doing comedy (Mo-Larr, Wun-Dar with his Loaf of Bread TM), now if this character gets made and comes with a Potato Salad TM, I'll have to get him. Crap, crap, crap. And I was just trying to be sarcastic about how silly the character was, but put me down for one MOTUC JOSH: The Guy That Brought the Potato Salad.
    Unfortunately Mattel doesn't the rights to Potato Salad. Josh can only come with cole slaw and egg salad.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Unfortunately Mattel doesn't the rights to Potato Salad. Josh can only come with cole slaw and egg salad.
    oh, that is really sad.

...maybe one of the 4 big announcements is that mattel purchased rights to potato salad!

Another new member of the Faithful Flock!

It could be your contribution to the mythos, my friend. Potato salad!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Seriously, that convinced me, too. After buying Wun-Dar and Mo-Larr ( last one looks like the headcoach of my favorite soccer team ), why not this way?
    Stupid me, there´s always a way to make figures interesting to me. So ... i´m in for that

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I figured I'd post this here. This is gbagok's entry for Josh in his "Unofficial Character Bios" thread:

His thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191517
    Last edited by Darkspecter; February 17, 2013 at 02:11pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I figured I'd post this here. This is gbagok's entry for Josh in his "Unofficial Character Bios" thread:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...s/josh_bio.jpg
    Oh gosh. Thanks for the endorsement, Darkspecter! I think it'll disappoint though as I made no mention of the potato salad. If it helps, I think he got the recipe from Light Hope.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Oh gosh. Thanks for the endorsement, Darkspecter! I think it'll disappoint though as I made no mention of the potato salad. If it helps, I think he got the recipe from Light Hope.

No problem. Your bios and art are great. I suspect Josh is Bow's brother too? They both have the same last real name.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Having BOW and JOSH be brothers would be a cool!

www.hemanworld.com