Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: POP Concept Character "JOSH" for the MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Do we really want Josh to become a joke character? I thought that is what we had Stinkor for

If I'm not mistaken, Mo-Lar is actually the newest character created for MOTUC (shudders). Everyone else is based on a classic toy or mini-comic or production art. If Josh was updated and turned into a character, I would hate to see the two newest characters just be jokes. I don't think it does anything for the brand.

Why is everyone picking on the poor guy for his name? lol... Josh is no worse than Adam or Duncan. Sounds OK as a real name to me
    These are well put. You have the mountain top sir.

Do we really want Josh to become a joke character? I thought that is what we had Stinkor for

If I'm not mistaken, Mo-Lar is actually the newest character created for MOTUC (shudders). Everyone else is based on a classic toy or mini-comic or production art. If Josh was updated and turned into a character, I would hate to see the two newest characters just be jokes. I don't think it does anything for the brand.

Why is everyone picking on the poor guy for his name? lol... Josh is no worse than Adam or Duncan. Sounds OK as a real name to me
    To me only Mo-Larr is a joke character. he is non canon but I love the figure, if he were presented as a REAL figure it would definitely be shark jumping time. Josh's history is similar to Roy from the simpsons, he just shows up out of the blue, like no one is supposed to notice he was never there before, and we never see him again. no mention of him existing afterwards. to me it's hilarious. legitimizing him would feel forced to me so play up the ridiculousness of his appearance and I'll definitely accpet him with open arms. His name isn't odd it's just so out of place yeah we have adam but it's PRINCE Adam, Duncan is Man-At-Arms. Josh is Just Josh. or maybe he's Picnic-Or. Most people don't like Nicholas for faceless one, it's too 'earthy' but its not on the front of the card so that's ok. in a world of really out there names, Josh on a card would just be strange and again ripe for humour! (all this is my own opinion)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

No problem. Your bios and art are great. I suspect Josh is Bow's brother too? They both have the same last real name.
    If these two have to be brothers — all is turning into to soap opera — it would be cool if Josh sided with The Horde and is really a spy for Hordak and in love with General Sunder. Now this, this would be a storyline for Josh's bio.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

No problem. Your bios and art are great. I suspect Josh is Bow's brother too? They both have the same last real name.
    Thank you! I didn't mean for them to be brothers as I gave Bow a different "real name" in his bio. Since Reccula was out there however and I thought Josh should have a full name, I used it. There'd be no harm in he and Bow being brothers in another story, but in the unofficial bio I intended that Josh was really unknown, unremarkable, and unconnected to any other character until this magical bond to Light Hope was revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxandar View Post
    If these two have to be brothers — all is turning into to soap opera — it would be cool if Josh sided with The Horde and is really a spy for Hordak and in love with General Sunder. Now this, this would be a storyline for Josh's bio.
    Well, their being brothers doesn't by itself make it a soap opera, but one of them being an evil brother recalls Randor and Keldor--and I think some fans consider that daytime drama territory too.

I wouldn't worry about that, we've had Vikor and Gygor since Mo-Larr. And really Josh is more like them in that he's a concept from the original line. It remains to be seen if he would be included only as a joke or not. Personally I think his chances would be better if he were in some kind of media since he needs a story to bring him to life (more than my bio does anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Well, their being brothers doesn't by itself make it a soap opera, but one of them being an evil brother recalls Randor and Keldor--and I think some fans consider that daytime drama territory too. .
    The two of them being brothers was not the part I was focusing on actually. It was the point that Josh would be a devotee to The Horde because he is in love with General Sunder, making him an unknown, perfect spy and Hordak loyalist.

P>S> Still, I love your art/drawings. Like Da Vinci, you are a true artist sir.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Storywise, I could see them being brothers. Whether Mattel would make them so is a whole other story, beyond if Mattel would make him at all.

Either way, if they did make Josh, I'd totally have him be Bow's brother on my shelf, and I would love to use gbagok's bio for him in my canon. It's absolutely awesome!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Good or Evil all I know is that Josh should see the light in MOTUC... Pretty much ALL the rejected concept, obscure and previously unreleased characters have been MOTU (Either Vintage or 200X) Adora is the sole exception. That needs to be fixed... On his own or on a multi pack...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Good or Evil all I know is that Josh should see the light in MOTUC... Pretty much ALL the rejected concept, obscure and previously unreleased characters have been MOTU (Either Vintage or 200X) Adora is the sole exception. That needs to be fixed... On his own or on a multi pack...
    If there's room for the blue Wind Raider pilot in the line, there's certainly room for Josh!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

I smile sooo big when I see this thread make it's way back up to the top of the list...

FYI: Josh would be a great sub exclusive... I'm just sayin'...
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Had to do it... Needed to raise awareness for Josh, especially now that the rumors about Classic Media and Mattel are floating... Can't let a potentially cool PoP character like Josh to be forgotten now...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I agree! I like the extra magician armour with already sculpted parts too!

Also, side note, potato salad can be a deadly weapon! I don't know if you guys watched Mad TV before...but there was a skit with the neighbourhood having a block party and Nicole Sullivan's character was new and brought the potato salad. Everyone tried all the food except her potato salad and she had a breakdown about how she was new, didn't know anyone and how no one would try her potato salad like something was wrong with it!

Anyway, they apologized, ate it and everyone loved it and she was happy. Then they show a newspaper or TV news clip that says "10 found poisoned at party by potato salad. Woman arrested!"
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

If the rumors about the Wind Raider pilot coming with the Wind Raider are true, there's no excuse for not releasing Josh with a POP vehicle!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    If the rumors about the Wind Raider pilot coming with the Wind Raider are true, there's no excuse for not releasing Josh with a POP vehicle!
    Oh, I love that. Maybe he can drive the giant swan...

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Oh, I love that. Maybe he can drive the giant swan...
    Yeah, just not the Bubble Carriage, because they already have an un-named POP character to include for that one.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

I recently reread all the She-Ra mini comics and came across the Chrystal barrier.

But there is no potatoe salad in the whole comic!!!!!!!

I really thought people saw it there and thatīs why the complain but itīs just because of the word picknick.
    Thatīs simply unfair!

And i still would like him as a MOTUC figure!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    FYI: Josh would be a great sub exclusive... I'm just sayin'...
    Wow!!! This even in joking could kill the line, because if sub sales were down this year, it would be the lowest selling ever and by a large margin if Picnic-Man is the exclusive. When this line becomes Star Wars "maybe" they'll release this nobody.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Wow!!! This even in joking could kill the line, because if sub sales were down this year, it would be the lowest selling ever and by a large margin if Picnic-Man is the exclusive. When this line becomes Star Wars "maybe" they'll release this nobody.
    I know, I know, The things people say they want boggle my mind. You make this guy and you sell what 30-40 max. Way to go.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    hm.. shouldn't this thread also be banished to the realm of support threads? We don't need them cluttering up the "main" MOTUC area. This place is now for serious discussion only..

EDIT: and we're back where we belong.

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    hm.. shouldn't this thread also be banished to the realm of support threads? We don't need them cluttering up the "main" MOTUC area. This place is now for serious discussion only..
    Well, since Josh has very little support, I don't think he belongs there, either.

That said, I totally want a Josh figure, and have since I read the mini-comic in the 80's. I just know I'm in the minority.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

As a fat kid growing up, Id be down with a "Josh: Heroic Master of Picnics"

just saying is all.
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    This place is now for serious discussion only..

I still think Josh would be a great addition to male Rebels like Bow & Snout Spout - and the Rock Warriors. But now that Filmation rights are on the table, we'll surely get Sea Hawk, and perhaps (doubtful) Swen - even King Ahgo. It makes the need to Josh less urgent.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    I'd be in for buying a nother male rebellion member
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    Hahaha!

Honestly I could do without based on my knowledge so far. Give me Frosta way before Josh. His name doesn't even have a uniqueness to it. Joshor would be better lol!

Seriously though from what I can gather based on those scans, he is just some random dude who happened to go on a picnic with them. I must be missing something? What is his special power? Does he fight anyone in that comic? It just seems a bit mundane to me when you have characters like Man-E-Faces that still need to be made. The only thing I could imagine him being so far is random peasant guy. Again if I am missing something please fill me in!

Josh: magic power to make sleeves appear on his coat when they were not there at first. He also has the power to change his braces from blue to pink to none at all!
    typically I try not to begrudge someone a character, but it does seem a bit of a stretch. alot of these nowdays.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    typically I try not to begrudge someone a character, but it does seem a bit of a stretch. alot of these nowdays.
    I recognize that with Filmation's 100+ characters, it will be harder to push for a figure of Josh. My intention is to promote the idea of developing a more interesting character with his appearance as a starting off point. Like, if we only saw MAA once in a non-action role in a mini-comic, and he didn't have his armor on. I see Josh as a terrific way to get another male Rebellion member.

There is a tiny chance that they could use his name and/or image to develop a male Rebel in the 30th Anniversary line. Probably not, but it's a possibility.

The only other way I could see Josh getting made would be as a humorous character like Mo-Larr. He would be made up of almost all shared parts and released as an additional item. He was Glimmer's man in the comic. It would be funny if he were one of her accessories!

Sometime after this thread started (and the discussion got heated and went on and on and on...) others started up threads about tug-of-war guy and most recently the ridiculous Charlie Chaplin extra that appeared in the background of one episode. I don't think those guys were serious about what they were proposing. I suspect they were intending to make fun of me and others who are trying to promote lesser known characters that already exist in the mythos.

I am serious about my proposal here. There is merit in the idea.

(The Josh discussion will soon reach Page 12!)
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; October 1, 2011 at 08:38pm.