Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: POP Concept Character "JOSH" for the MOTUC!

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Still curious if anyone else has used the alternate Bow head to make a "Josh" I would love to see what different bodies and styles others have used. ( I have yet to make one as I have not been able to purchase Bow as of yet). But I do plan on making a "Josh"
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

If I could get another Bow and a Spare Adam Vest, some generic weapons (2 Red Swords from the Rack) and Carnivus Armor I'd make a Josh...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

I'd take a Josh figure!!!! I love supporting those underdog goofy characters like the ice cream maker guy from SW and he got made!!!! We really need to consider him for the fan's choice slot although I'm sure Illumina already has it.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess_Adora View Post
    Still curious if anyone else has used the alternate Bow head to make a "Josh" I would love to see what different bodies and styles others have used. ( I have yet to make one as I have not been able to purchase Bow as of yet). But I do plan on making a "Josh"
    I'd love to see a Josh custom out of parts we have already, so I hope some customizers are reading this. I'd like to use Bow's alt. head, but I'm using that as his main head... Maybe some additional sculpting is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    If I could get another Bow and a Spare Adam Vest, some generic weapons (2 Red Swords from the Rack) and Carnivus Armor I'd make a Josh...
    Why not make a digital mockup? I'd like to see what you have in mind!
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

I suck at Photoshop but here's my idea in written form:
    Using the Bow Buck, I'd repaint it: Maroon or black tights (still undecided)
    The Boots would be Metallic red (Like the Weapons Rack sword) with Metallic Lavender accents
    The Torso would be painted Maroon like Adam's white shirt. Bow's wrist guards woukd be Metallic red and Lavender accents.
    Adam's vest would be matte Lavender (to match the Josh pics) Needs to be removable.
    I'd paint the hair slightly lighter shade than Bow's and his Tiara in Red and Lavender.

The Carnivus Armor would be Metallic Red with Lavender accents.

I suck at Photoshop but here's my idea in written form:
    Using the Bow Buck, I'd repaint it: Maroon or black tights (still undecided)
    The Boots would be Metallic red (Like the Weapons Rack sword) with Metallic Lavender accents
    The Torso would be painted Maroon like Adam's white shirt. Bow's wrist guards woukd be Metallic red and Lavender accents.
    Adam's vest would be matte Lavender (to match the Josh pics) Needs to be removable.
    I'd paint the hair slightly lighter shade than Bow's and his Tiara in Red and Lavender.

The Carnivus Armor would be Metallic Red with Lavender accents.

I like the way that sounds my friend!

I'm sorry for being really lazy and not wanting to read through this entire thread, but can someone please sum up for me what Josh does? Who is he? And what his significance is in PoP?

And please, no speculation or fan theory, just info based on cannon. Thanks!

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I'm sorry for being really lazy and not wanting to read through this entire thread, but can someone please sum up for me what Josh does? Who is he? And what his significance is in PoP?

He appeared in a POP mini comic at a picnic with Bow, Adora, and Glimmer. That is about it in a nut shell.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    He appeared in a POP mini comic at a picnic with Bow, Adora, and Glimmer. That is about it in a nut shell.
    Which is a lot more than Vikor, Gygor, or Illumina ever did. Yet the guy gets no respect.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    a photoshop like the one that was made for twiywipiatow would be great
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Which is a lot more than Vikor, Gygor, or Illumina ever did. Yet the guy gets no respect.
    I love you.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Vikor and Gygor have much more significance than the other two. Vikor helped shape the vintage MOTU lien that started it all and Gygor was an unproduced prototype for the vintage lien.

Sure people may not have known about them, but they definitely have their place in the history of MOTU.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post

Okay, Lazy King Tamusk:

Josh appeared a vintage POP mini-comic which received wide circulation with Starburst She-Ra and others. He doesn't play a major role in the story, but is present with Bow, She-Ra, and Glimmer. He is Glimmer's love interest and wears purple. He is also canonized in the comic as a member of the Great Rebellion-- the only other dude besides Bow to have that distinction. Seahawk exists in the Filmation toon, and sides with the good guys so it could be argued that he would be a third male character in the Rebellion.

See my profile picture for a tweaked image of Josh from his media appearance...

Basically, Josh is a "blank slate" male Rebellion member that Mattel can further develop into a more exciting character for it's canon. Opposers of Josh cite that he is "boring", but that is only because his media appearance was non-action oriented. They can easily add armor and weapons, or a glider pack or just about anything to make him interesting. He is already a Rebellion member... now he just needs a nick name, battle accessories, and a job to do!

He could be included in the MOTUC in two ways:

1. Josh could be the "real name" for an exciting new character with an as-yet-unidentified specialty. Some design work is a must!

2. Josh could be simply a pretty-boy "Ken" type character, released with humor like Molarr or Wundar.
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; October 26, 2011 at 06:44pm.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    i put mustacheless josh's head on adam body with carnivus cape (page 5 post #115 of this thread).

I like the alternate stache-less head for Bow himself. I just don't like the mustache, he looks like a creep. If they'd given us the head that didn't have a headband or the mustache, and released an alternate Prince Adam in the blue mini-comic outfit, I'd make Josh for sure.

It's not too bad... The one problem I'm encountering with my half-constructed custom is the lower half. Did any guys wear furry shorts and boots on Etheria? It seemed like Filmation had them all dressing Renaissance/medieval. I wish we had Seahawk.... I'm thinking his lower half would be a good fit for Josh. Or maybe NA He-Man. Did any other classic guys do the tights and boots look?

The Josh I have (for now) will have:

1. Bow's non-mustache head

2. Molarr's body

3. A blue cape from another toyline (Wonder Woman's "knight" villain)

4. Real cloth tunic and belt.

I'm still undecided on his weapons.
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; October 27, 2011 at 06:25pm.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5492/bowjosh.jpg

It's not too bad... The one problem I'm encountering with my half-constructed custom is the lower half. Did any guys wear furry shorts and boots on Etheria? It seemed like Filmation had them all dressing Renaissance/medieval. I wish we had Seahawk.... I'm thinking his lower half would be a good fit for Josh. Or maybe NA He-Man. Did any other classic guys do the tights and boots look?

The Josh I have (for now) will have:

1. Bow's non-mustache head

2. Molarr's body

3. A blue cape from another toyline (Wonder Woman's "knight" villain)

4. Real cloth tunic and belt.

I'm still undecided on his weapons.
    You can try switching boots with Snout Spout when he comes out next month.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    You can try switching boots with Snout Spout when he comes out next month.
    Do the boots come off easily? I've never tried that... does it damage the figure?

Do the boots come off easily? I've never tried that... does it damage the figure?
    I've never taken the boots off, but it's a simple swivel joint like the joints at the biceps that I've switched on Teela & Evil-Lyn with a hairdryer and plenty of ease.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Warm up the boots (I use a Blow dryer. Some people use boiling water, but I'm not too fond of it.) after a while I pop them off... That's it!

Warm up the boots (I use a Blow dryer. Some people use boiling water, but I'm not too fond of it.) after a while I pop them off... That's it!
    I haven't tried this yet, but when I get my two elephant man figures I'm gonna try it. Does anyone know where I could get a nice human head for Snout Spout? In my world, he will be repaired to Jaxton (I hate SS, if you didn't guess!).

If you don't mind Jaxton having the face of a WWE or TNA Wrestler, you should check the wrestling figures made by Jakks Pacific. Also their Rocky line was in the same scale They are as close in scale to the MOTUC figs (Think this works for the male figs only.)

If you don't mind Jaxton having the face of a WWE or TNA Wrestler, you should check the wrestling figures made by Jakks Pacific. Also their Rocky line was in the same scale They are as close in scale to the MOTUC figs (Think this works for the male figs only.)
    I've thought about this. I don't follow wrestling, and I've seen some of these figs in the stores. I suppose it could be a fun thing, especially if I repaint the hair, and/or add facial hair, etc. I don't want to use the Icarius head for Snout Spout, so this may be the best suggestion. As for Josh, he will be making use of Bow's extra head.

I'm hoping Josh makes it onto the voting poll for the "obscure character" thing. Anyone know when all that is taking place?

Anyone planning on using an extra Snout Spout as body for Josh (since it doesn't have the furry loin cloth?) and has boots reminiscent of Adora and Sea Hawk’s so I think it would fit in well with the “Etherian” clothing style.

On Weapons: Plastic Cocktail sword shaped picks... There are some that blend in with MOTUC and with a little repaint, they could work as weapons for Josh...