Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: POP Concept Character "JOSH" for the MOTUC!

Very cool gbagok
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

JOSH is listed on the polls this week. Be sure to vote for him, near or at the top of his list!

Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Yes, he is in a very tough section of the draw. Let's help him rise to the top. GO JOSH!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER TOP PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Grot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

He was my number 2 pick this week! Go Josh!

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    He was number 3 for me! He even beat out Mr. Slime Pig! That's srs bsns.

Which mini-comic was Josh in?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    Which mini-comic was Josh in?
    He was in one of the best issues titled "Across the Crystal Light Barrier." A lot of cool character introductions in there from the mind of Eric Friedler.

OTHER TOP PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Grot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

I am still kinda hoping something can happen for this character in the line. We've got a whole year of offerings in 2016 where he could pop up somewhere. With TG no longer with the line, I doubt the powers that be would make a stab at developing his character (giving him a power or a defined position within the Rebellion), but it might could happen.

With all the POP ladies wrapping up this year, any remaining Etheria based characters (Horde, Great Rebellion, or non-affiliated) may get their chance to shine.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Looking at all the beautiful and likely single Princess of Power females in the line, they could use another guy. Bow and Sea Hawk have it way too easy.

My only hope is if we get Josh, he gets a different name. Maybe Josh could be his "real name" (although I'm not a fan of the bios).

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Looking at all the beautiful and likely single Princess of Power females in the line, they could use another guy. Bow and Sea Hawk have it way too easy.

My only hope is if we get Josh, he gets a different name. Maybe Josh could be his "real name" (although I'm not a fan of the bios).
    "Lance" as previously suggested could be a good nom de guerre for him, rather than releasing him as "Josh".

OTOH, yes, PoP needs more males (and MotU more females! Lt. Andra, Delora/Hawke, Kittrina, Ileena, Zilora, Celice, Sharella...). Some other possible male PoP candidates would be Crimson Fury, the Red Knight, and Sea Hawk's father. Snout Spout and Extendar have also definitively joined the PoP ranks in my canon (the latter as an army builder rather than a unique character), and the Rock People are also living on Etheria (although these I consider more like a "faction" in themselves).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    "Lance" as previously suggested could be a good nom de guerre for him, rather than releasing him as "Josh".

OTOH, yes, PoP needs more males (and MotU more females! Lt. Andra, Delora/Hawke, Kittrina, Ileena, Zilora, Celice, Sharella...). Some other possible male PoP candidates would be Crimson Fury, the Red Knight, and Sea Hawk's father. Snout Spout and Extendar have also definitively joined the PoP ranks in my canon (the latter as an army builder rather than a unique character), and the Rock People are also living on Etheria (although these I consider more like a "faction" in themselves).
    You forgot King Micah on your list

As for Josh, I'd totally be up for him! There really aren't enough male POP characters. And he wasn't just some background guy, he participated in the story. I'd welcome him in my collection.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post

What makes you think all of those lovely ladies are looking for a man?

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    What makes you think all of those lovely ladies are looking for a man?
    #TarSwamp

I recently had a thought about Josh. He seems tied to Kyle in some way. I assume brother or lifelong friend.

If Kyle is Bow, and his horse is Arrow....

Then Josh should be codenamed Quiver. And he should have earthquake powers.

*drops mic*
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Quiver is an excellent name!

I'm totally onboard for Quiver!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

In my personal canon for the vintage custom I've been working on he's Prince Josh of the Crimson Kingdom which Scorpia and the Horde transformed into the Crimson Waste and he's a member of the Rebellion looking to overthrow the Horde so he can reclaim his throne. The Crimson Knight is his father, the deposed King. He's Special Friend to Glimmer.

While not Josh. It can be a base to make him if someone wanted. This is my character I made.

100_3899.jpg 100_3894.jpg 100_3893.jpg
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by headache79 View Post
    In my personal canon for the vintage custom I've been working on he's Prince Josh of the Crimson Kingdom which Scorpia and the Horde transformed into the Crimson Waste and he's a member of the Rebellion looking to overthrow the Horde so he can reclaim his throne. The Crimson Knight is his father, the deposed King. He's Special Friend to Glimmer.
    Id be down with that. Sounds good.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

So Bow makes Josh Quiver....?

#wentthere

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    So Bow makes Josh Quiver....?

#wentthere
    We were all thinking it.

.... Well, I was thinking it. >_>

It's a great idea! (the name, not the implied... oh this hole is ever so deep... er... poor choice of words keeps getting worse... shutting up now.)
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Drissi, Sebrian, Hoove, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, Spinwit, Nocturna, Vizar, B.H., Lizzor, Chef Allen, Bubble Maiden, Clawdeen, Dylamug, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, Red Knight, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

I'd be down for Josh in 2016. Characters like this from the vintage era are a blank slate (this guy even moreso than Double Trouble). If they ever got around to making Great Rebellion Army Builder figures, they could put in one male figure and one female each with two swappable heads for different looks but base the male's outfit and one of the head sculpts on Josh here. Various weapons and all that... they could base the female's look off of any background Filmation character that you would see in Whispering Woods. Heck, have the female look like the "human" version of Melog (and release the "mud monster" look of Melog as it's own figure). If Mattel got creative, they could find a way to put Josh from the mini-comic in the line and make him "must buy" for even the fair weather PoP fan.
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I'd be down for Josh in 2016. Characters like this from the vintage era are a blank slate (this guy even moreso than Double Trouble). If they ever got around to making Great Rebellion Army Builder figures, they could put in one male figure and one female each with two swappable heads for different looks but base the male's outfit and one of the head sculpts on Josh here. Various weapons and all that... they could base the female's look off of any background Filmation character that you would see in Whispering Woods. Heck, have the female look like the "human" version of Melog (and release the "mud monster" look of Melog as it's own figure). If Mattel got creative, they could find a way to put Josh from the mini-comic in the line and make him "must buy" for even the fair weather PoP fan.
    Do you mean another set of Great Rebellion army-builders different from the Brightmoon guard designs from Filmation?

Because, if there is going to be one Great Rebellion army-builder release, I'd like those first and foremost (particularly, a 2-figure pack of 1 blue female Royal Palace Guard and 1 red male Royal Army Warrior, with alternate heads at least for the unhelmeted females).

Now, I'm an army-builder nut, and since some other factions are also getting multiple army-builders, I'd eventually welcome additional army-builders for the Rebellion (although an army of Extendars can already function as a secondary Etherian army-builder). But only after those main Brightmoon Guards (plus possibly also the blue male guard) are released. So, along with the Brightmoon Guards, I'd rather focus first on getting a NA army-builder pack (Mutant Trooper and Primus Trooper pack) and a Preternian army-builder pack (Snake Clan and Ape Clan warriors pack, the latter with alternate Ollo head), so that each faction finally gets at least one army-builder, and only then I'd look into additional army-builders (the Evil Warriors in particular have a long roster of possible additional/alternate army-builders).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Eh, for some reason I'm more interested in the idea of "random villagers rising up against the Horde" type of army builders for the Great Rebellion than I am the Bright Moon Guards idea. Not that I don't think the Bright Moon background guards would make great figures, but for my own collection I'd be more into "the regular folk" backing up the core PoP action figures. It would be different... and it would create a space in the line for Josh.
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

UAXUCTUM, that's some really cool Bright Moon Guard images you posted there!

The source material for the rebel Josh shows a basic muscular guy with dark hair, evenly matched to Bow. Josh isn't given a job or any further identifier besides what is obvious. This is why I believe, and STILL believe, that this character could easily be the face of a BRIGHT MOON GUARD or a PEASANT REBEL SOLDIER.

However, he could easily be identified as the real person behind GENERAL SUNDER, THE RED KNIGHT, or CRIMSON FURY. If so, it would be fun to have an unmasked/no helmet head that could accompany one of those guys and finally give them their true identity.