Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: POP Concept Character "JOSH" for the MOTUC!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Hopefully the 30 year surprise is Josh, including a giant statue of him, like the ones of He-Man.

Toyguru at SDCC: I give you JOOOOOOSH!!!!

Crowd at SDCC: ...
    I'd be okay with that.

It would be great to see a giant statue of SOMETHING PoP. The closest we've had so far was She-Ra's sword hiding behind King Grayskull.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker
    Wind Raider as the vehicle reveal perhaps?
    Maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Josh is really Snout Spout before he was altered by Hordak.
    I agree with Toymaker's sentiment about creating as many figures as possible.

However, this idea would be cool.

Though, if Mattel makes a Rebel Warrior 2-pack, Josh could be the male figure.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Please don't mix the Sad Elephant with Josh! Have him be anything except Snout Spout... He could be Glimmer's Bodyguard (after She-Ra frees Bright Moon or something)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Please don't mix the Sad Elephant with Josh! Have him be anything except Snout Spout... He could be Glimmer's Bodyguard (after She-Ra frees Bright Moon or something)
    A handsome guy turned into a sad elephant man... that has a "Beauty and the Beast" feel to it. How could that not be perfect for POP?

Yes, while we're at it, let's make Gy-Gor what Teela used to be. Yes! It's perfect!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Yes, while we're at it, let's make Gy-Gor what Teela used to be. Yes! It's perfect!
    Like this?

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Looks more like Wonder Woman to me.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Looks more like Wonder Woman to me.
    Well, I didn't say "this." I said LIKE this?

Hahahahaha!!!!

Frankly, Filmation Teela's personality was always so abrasive.

She always seemed a bit cranky

So that makes sense. LoL!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    A handsome guy turned into a sad elephant man... that has a "Beauty and the Beast" feel to it. How could that not be perfect for POP?
    I like Josh, but hate Snout Spout... I don't want to hate Josh. I think I love the Scarlet Pimpernel/Zorro idea for Josh!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I'm sorry, guys, I just don't see why we're wasting our POP energies on a character like Josh when we should be pushing for the POP figures already in existence. Josh is so trivial compared to the Queen of Mystacor or the Tricky Golden Beauty. Why would you want their slots pushed back so that we can get YET ANOTHER male action figure who served no purpose beyond window dressing and looks of astonishment? Other characters like the Voice of the Unknown make more sense, but there's no thread in support of her. We're jumping the gun on a guy who used Glimmer as a beard and had bad taste in jewelry. I just don't get it.

As a sidenote: Perhaps Snout Spout was the 'magical clone' of Josh...that, during the fateful spell, went awry...and disfigured the pretty boy...thus, he wears his 'mask of infamy' to hide his hideous face.
    Last edited by LostIt2Bostik; April 25, 2011 at 11:36am.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Josh is basically PoP's "Illumina" or the Monogram Model vehicle riders... That's why people want him. Yes I want more PoP ladies, but I don't mind getting Josh too!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LostIt2Bostik View Post
    I'm sorry, guys, I just don't see why we're wasting our POP energies on a character like Josh when we should be pushing for the POP figures already in existence. Josh is so trivial compared to the Queen of Mystacor or the Tricky Golden Beauty. Why would you want their slots pushed back so that we can get YET ANOTHER male action figure who served no purpose beyond window dressing and looks of astonishment? Other characters like the Voice of the Unknown make more sense, but there's no thread in support of her. We're jumping the gun on a guy who used Glimmer as a beard and had bad taste in jewelry. I just don't get it.
    I think it's refreshing that POP fans don't have the fear of "new characters taking up slots" that some fans still have. The POP fans want more POP characters.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think it's refreshing that POP fans don't have the fear of "new characters taking up slots" that some fans still have. The POP fans want more POP characters.
    You better believe I have my fears, MegaGearMax, and rightly so!!! POP fans have had to grow a thick skin in order to shield themselves from the derogatory jibes towards their beloved line by a certain percentage of MOTU fans on these messageboards for wanting their fair share of the action figure spotlight. It may be refreshing BUT to think that POP is somehow removed from its second-class slot status is a bit myopic in my opinion. If it comes down to me getting Peekablue or Josh, I'll take She-Ra's faithful feathered friend anyday. Besides, I don't want a POP slot wasted at all on this guy. It's almost as if POP fans out of desparation want their version of the Wind Raider figure. Josh is not the answer. We don't need to fill an obscure figure gap in the POP mythos when the Star Sisters are considered by some on here to be 'too obscure'. I think it's safe to say that POP fans don't need to be frantically skimming the She-Ra mini-comics for obscure figures when there are MOTU fans out there that feel this way over characters that were slotted for release in the original line AND, more importantly, this kind of talk should still concern POP fans about who's filling the slots.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

You better believe I have my fears, MegaGearMax, and rightly so!!! POP fans have had to grow a thick skin in order to shield themselves from the derogatory jibes towards their beloved line by a certain percentage of MOTU fans on these messageboards for wanting their fair share of the action figure spotlight. It may be refreshing BUT to think that POP is somehow removed from its second-class slot status is a bit myopic in my opinion. If it comes down to me getting Peekablue or Josh, I'll take She-Ra's faithful feathered friend anyday. Besides, I don't want a POP slot wasted at all on this guy. It's almost as if POP fans out of desparation want their version of the Wind Raider figure. Josh is not the answer. We don't need to fill an obscure figure gap in the POP mythos when the Star Sisters are considered by some on here to be 'too obscure'. I think it's safe to say that POP fans don't need to be frantically skimming the She-Ra mini-comics for obscure figures when there are MOTU fans out there that feel this way over characters that were slotted for release in the original line AND, more importantly, this kind of talk should still concern POP fans about who's filling the slots.
    Mattel wants to make all of the original figures from vintage MOTU, NA and POP. These characters are planned to come, it's a matter of when. I would be more concerned about the not so certain characters.

We see this happening all the time with MOTU (Wun-Dar, Vikor, Gygor, Preternia Disguise He-Man, Battleground Teela) and 200X (Count Marzo, Faceless One, Chief Carnivus), but strangely not with any POP centric characters*.

*I'd include NA mini-comics, but the only new characters who are in those books are the Titus Observatory Guards in the last mini, making NA's choices rather nonexistant.

*I'd include NA mini-comics, but the only new characters who are in those books are the Titus Observatory Guards in the last mini, making NA's choices rather nonexistant.
    Doesn't have to be mini comics, there's at least 3 NA characters that could be done that have never had toys before, and 2 of them are obscure.

The original concept art for Karatti (that made it into the annual) had him as a pink crystal type character rather than looking like Lizorrs brother.

The original concept art for Vizar had a slightly different outfit, and a different skin colour, likening him to Zodac/Zodak

Plus, TG has said Adam is available to make
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Why would you want their slots pushed back so that we can get YET ANOTHER male action figure who served no purpose beyond window dressing and looks of astonishment?
    ...but...but... he brought the potato salad!
    Bill :: guitargod694

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Josh is basically PoP's "Illumina"
    Ho ho, no way! No dear friend, no, Illumina has a lot more visual interest to her, an automatic connection to one of the most mysterious groups in MOTU (the Gar) and she has a giant cat steed! Josh has...a shirt.

Now the Monogram Model vehicle riders, yeah I'd agree he's about that level--better actually since he appears in more than one drawing. Yet they at least have Toyguru's blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Ho ho, no way! No dear friend, no, Illumina has a lot more visual interest to her, an automatic connection to one of the most mysterious groups in MOTU (the Gar) and she has a giant cat steed! Josh has...a shirt.

Now the Monogram Model vehicle riders, yeah I'd agree he's about that level--better actually since he appears in more than one drawing. Yet they at least have Toyguru's blessing.
    Yes, Illumina is a more visually striking character, but my point was that, like Illumina, Josh had an insignificant appearance in a medium and now has a semi-moderate following... also Josh has the Potato Salad! He should come with a bowl of Potato Salad if he gets made...

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Josh has...a shirt.
    I hear he also brought the potato salad...
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

At least Illumina has her creators to let us know more about her. Too bad we can't contact the artist or writer of the mini-comic to find out more about him.

Heck, we really don't even need that. Toyguru could MAKE him somebody in the POP world, giving him weapons, powers and an identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    I hear he also brought the potato salad...
    Unless it's got bits of celery in it, that doesn't impress me.

At least Illumina has her creators to let us know more about her. Too bad we can't contact the artist or writer of the mini-comic to find out more about him.

Heck, we really don't even need that. Toyguru could MAKE him somebody in the POP world, giving him weapons, powers and an identity.
    Pfft. Have you seen the job he's been doing?

Josh - Heroic Bringer of Potato Salad

Samuel Rogerstein had spent 10,000 years as a cook for the evil Horde. After the Horde conquered Etheria, Hordak did a lot of stuff that Samuel heard about. One day he found a magic recipe book that had nothing to do with Hordak's stuff that went on in the last sentence. Some other stuff happened on Etheria and Hordak was pleased. Taking the name Josh, he made potato salad for the rebels and displeased him to much anger; Hordak was so angry he didn't do something else. Then something about Grizzlor and Dragstor.

Add a few more typos and grammatical errrors, also a few months later retcon the 10,000 years and there's Joshs bio.
    Last edited by Pravus Prime; April 25, 2011 at 08:46pm.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Yes. All of that.

Oh, and wait. Josh actually has an in-story appearance to his credit.

That and his shirt make him more important than a concept character that never did anything but pose in an advertisement.

Yes. Even IF all he did was bring the potato salad.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Movie mayhem!
    I think a cool way to release this guy would be to do it in a three pack with him as the only human figure and the other two would be Loo-kee and Kowl. It would be a fun way to theme the pack, and a way to get to of the smaller figures to us but still keep costs down as Josh could MOSTLY be your standard he-man or bow buck. Loo-kee and kowl don't really need accessories so their could go to tooling one or two neat weapons some armor and head to individualize him.

Why does Josh shirt make him important?