Thread: Funco ReAction Figures

Funco ReAction Figures

Just saw the new Funco ReAction figure from Entertainment Earth and they look kinda cool. Lots of blasts from the past. Even though they are in the old Kenner style (which I am not too big a fan of) they are priced right at about $10.00. I am looking at getting the Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Pulp Fiction, Back to the Future, Terminator and Predator lines. Plus all the horror flick guys and Snake Pliskin.

Anyone else planning on getting some?

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm definately in for the Back to the Future figures! I've been waiting years for those!

And I'm thrilled about the scale they will be in. They should fit well in the Diamond Select Deloreans that came out a few years ago.

In the name of the Lloyd!

I think they look like a lot of fun. I might be all-in, as far as the licenses announced. Not sure I'll get both Snake Plissken's and Terminator Endos, but I'd like to get one of each unique character, at least.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

I like the ones that aren't based off actual human characters, like The Nightmare Before Christmas and Predator figures, but the "human" sculpts look pretty bad to me. Compared to other 3 3/4 inch lines, these bear little to no resemblance to their human counterparts. I'll probably get Jack Skellington, Trick 'r Treat Sam, and maybe Freddy, Jason, and Pinhead, but that will probably be it. I was very excited to hear about the Firefly and Buffy figures, but I'm not holding out much hope for them now.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

They are meant to be in the style of early Kenner figures. Like, late 70's Kenner. That's why their likenesses are the way they are. There was a lot of effort to match proportions and style to the vintage lines.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I wanted Snake the most, but that head sculpt is even worse than anything Kenner ever did. Its just a mess.... maybe id get it and repaint it just for fun...

I was super excited about these, but just not enough pop's on them, the details look super soft, but I hope that changes in production.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I love the Alien figures, but that's because they're 'lost' figures which have waited around for 30 years to be released. I'm not sure I like 'new' old figures - especially from modern franchises like Buffy & Firefly - and will likely pass on them.

I have always wanted figures of the Rocketeer. I will also want Snake and the Predator will hiding in my Batman Forever Batcave, waiting.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior
    Zero interest, I just am not a fan of taking things backwards? From multiple points of articulation back to 5??? Less sculpting and detail? Less and more simplistic paint apps? I've been through the 80s and I like when the figures advance in detail not decrease, I remember when I got my mail away Cobra Commander and he had swivel arm grip and could hold a rifle with two hands!!!! I thought it was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Zero interest, I just am not a fan of taking things backwards? From multiple points of articulation back to 5??? Less sculpting and detail? Less and more simplistic paint apps? I've been through the 80s and I like when the figures advance in detail not decrease, I remember when I got my mail away Cobra Commander and he had swivel arm grip and could hold a rifle with two hands!!!! I thought it was amazing.
    Blame our failing economy, the fact the major toy companies have inflated prices beyond inflation rates to be greedy, and the fact video games haven't shot up in price the ways toys have. That same toy that cost $6 in 2006 is now $12-$17, doesn't sell nearly as well and ends up in discount chains, whereas the video game market isn't suffering.

Also blame smaller companies being forced to pay more since they can't buy production in large bulk quantities. Honestly, I'd have expected these to be $20 apiece, but $10 is at where Hasbro and Mattel are demanding for the same 5 POA toys. I suppose they skirted around actor likenesses, since none of those look like their actors, to help save some money.

Interesting! It's crazy, 'cause I'm not normally interested in stuff like this. Especially since I wasn't around for this style of figure. There's just...something about them, I guess. Part hilarious, part ridiculous. I like it! At the very least, I'll certainly get that Terminator skeleton.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

HD figures on youtube
    I think they are just a nod to vintage figures.....

A LOT of people collect the older stuff, me included. Not everyone is a fan of all the extra articulation. Matter of fact, I hate it.

I am surprised that EE took images right from the funko retailer catalog, cropped them, and then put their own watermarks all over them. As far as i know Funco didn't want these leaking yet.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

From what I've heard, EE were given a week or so to have these up as an "exclusive" and Funko intentionally partnered with them.

Indie Toy Making Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I am surprised that EE took images right from the funko retailer catalog, cropped them, and then put their own watermarks all over them. As far as i know Funco didn't want these leaking yet.
    EE was granted early reveal and they will get their stock a few weeks before stores like me. But the remaining images as well as protos of most of the figures should be available by weeks end once Toy Fair is underway
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    I think they are just a nod to vintage figures.....

A LOT of people collect the older stuff, me included. Not everyone is a fan of all the extra articulation. Matter of fact, I hate it.
    Knee joints and elbow joints add a lot; otherwise, figures can only be posed goosestepping. The Zico $6 Million Man figures are the best in this style so far because of a knee joint. Steve Austin can look like he's running because of that simple addition.

That said, I realize the style here deliberately leaves that out, and I can live with it. I pre-ordered a bunch on Big Bad; there's licenses I skipped. like goonies and Pulp Fiction, and some I'm on the fence about like Nightmare Before Christmas. But I jumped at Buffy, Universal Monsters, Horror, Terminator and stand alones like Rocketeer and Snake Plisken. I see what they are trying for here, and I am happy with the Alien figures in that style, so I'm in for the properties that interest me.

Now I need to dig out my old Remco 3 3/4" Universal Monsters carrying case/playset before August...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

The rest of the images have been released. I think this is gonna be a fun line to collect and not terribly expensive.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=274&itemid=21915
    http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=274&itemid=21917

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I don't know about these...the Aliens ones look great (originally sculpted in 1979, released now)...but the other ones...if you just look at the figure and not the card image...it's hard to even know who the character is! The animated ones are fantastic looking (Nightmare before Christmas) and the Goonies are pretty good. The ones I was most excited about were the Buffy and Firefly ones...but...eek. Sam Hain from Trick R Treat looks fantastic as well, though. I think I will buy him. The colours of the Firefly characters' outfits all seem off, too.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

So far, the Firefly and Universal Monsters are my favorites (after the Alien figures). Sadly, this style of figure just isn't for me to get and open. However, I may get some and keep them on the card. Hang 'em on a wall or something. That would be a first for me.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I have no interest in any of them- if I wanted Terminator or Predator I'd buy the Neca stuff, but I don't want them. The face sculpts are quite soft, and I wonder if they did it to get past actor likeness rights because none of them look like their actors. Beyond novelty they don't offer anything more than stuff I see at dollar stores. I know $10 isn't too bad, but I have to question the market for these.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    The Universal and Horror figures (minus the crow) all look great. Everything else........ not so much IMO. My big want was BTTF but with Doc looking more like Chevy Chase I dunno how I feel about em now.... chances are since im a total sucker ill get em anyway.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I'll probably get a Mal figure at least. It is too bad there is no figure of River.

I'm sure she'll be in series 2. The figures look much better in the Toy Fair pics without the camera distortion of the official promo pics.

Looking forward to seeing what new Funco ReAction Figures get show at SDCC. Hopefully Dallas and Lambert in Spacesuit that were show last year will be released in wave 3.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one