Thread: New DuckTales animated series coming to Disney XD in 2017!!!

New DuckTales animated series coming to Disney XD in 2017!!!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/...ney-dx-in-2017

Hope it can come close to the quality of the original. I loved having the whole cast reprise their roles in the Remastered game!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

I saw this morning and am super excited! If Alan Young reprises his role as Scrooge's voice that would be amazing, although I'm not sure how long we could expect that as he is 96 years old.
    Most wanted figures: TUSKADOR!!! Vultak, Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, Crita, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Despara, Darius, Hawke

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm concerned about Alan Young's age as well. If he can't do it, hopefully they can get someone who can do Scrooge's voice properly.

I just hope that they don't overly update/modernize it to the point of it being beyond recognition. I don't necessarily mind if, for instace, some aspects of modern technology are hinted at or shown, since the original show had then-current modern technology in it (i.e. the nephews having a VCR in their room, which didn't come up often, but was shown and important to at least one plot that I recall).

But overall I hope they keep the formula in place that made the original show work. It would be great if watching this new series feels like we are just watching new episodes of the original series.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    Mmmmhhh... Mixed feelings, I LOVE DuckTales butwith the lack of hand drawing animation, I'm pretty sure this will be CGI and I hate CGI animation...

Quote Originally Posted by Bender Rodríguez View Post
    Mmmmhhh... Mixed feelings, I LOVE DuckTales butwith the lack of hand drawing animation, I'm pretty sure this will be CGI and I hate CGI animation...
    I didn't even think of that. I hope it's not CGI, but I could see it going that route.

Thats great news!!! my nephews always ask me to watch some random episodes of the classic series and they sing the opening theme all the time
    Its a timeless show indeed, a reboot is a good idea, kids will love this
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

Well I'm excited to see Ducktales back at last! It'd be great if Alan Young and June Foray could return but they're both probably too old. I wonder if this will be in that Flash animated style of the new Mickey Mouse cartoons. Also I wonder if this will be like a continuation of the original show or more like a retro adaptation of The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck. As long as they get the tone right, it probably doesn't matter. They should at least get Ron Jones to do the music, as his score was a big part of the adventurous spirit of the show.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior
    I'd be happy if they just remastered the original Ducktales series. It was so very awesome.

But, I'm pretty happy about this news. Maybe I'll finally achieve my dream of owning a Scrooge McDuck action figure. I still can't believe that there was never any decent Ducktales merchandise apart from McDonalds happy meal toys (and that Scrooge as Scrooge figure from Mickey's Christmas Carol which is prohibitively expensive on Ebay).

Great news!

I'm excited but a little leery. Anytime a show returns after being gone for so long, it's never the same. I just hope Disney doesn't try to mess with the format we're used to.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I will be looking forward to this. I do hope it is not CG though -- I won't be able to continue to watch that.

I hope they do just an updated version of the existing theme song, sort-of how they have been doing with the recent three Power Rangers series on Nickelodeon.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I will be looking forward to this. I do hope it is not CG though -- I won't be able to continue to watch that.

I hope they do just an updated version of the existing theme song, sort-of how they have been doing with the recent three Power Rangers series on Nickelodeon.
    Maybe they can have DuckTales MegaForce, and have the main cast (i.e. Scrooge, Huey, Dewey, Luey, Launchpad, Webbie) all yell out their names in the opening credits.

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Maybe they can have DuckTales MegaForce, and have the main cast (i.e. Scrooge, Huey, Dewey, Luey, Launchpad, Webbie) all yell out their names in the opening credits.
    Shhhh! Don't give them any ideas.

Seriously though, I am excited and the cartoons, though most are crap imo, are animated well. I think DuckTales will be animated like the Ultimate universe (Marvel) or Phineas and Ferb, if so I can live with that. Out right CGI like they do for the movies I don't think is on many Disney shows (Only Star Wars Rebels comes to mind actually.)
    I now have a toy review site!/

I am not really worried that they are going to hurt DuckTales by bringing it back. I'm sure people will find ways to contradict what I'm about to say, but Disney isn't really known for changing their characters so radically that they are unrecognizable, are they? Some modern updates should be expected, but I don't expect that Huey, Dewey, and Louie are going to be using modern slang that will turn off those who love the original. I could always be wrong, but I am only optimistic about this announcement!
    Most wanted figures: TUSKADOR!!! Vultak, Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, Crita, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Despara, Darius, Hawke

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post
    Out right CGI like they do for the movies I don't think is on many Disney shows (Only Star Wars Rebels comes to mind actually.)
    Micky Mouse Clubhouse is all CG.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Micky Mouse Clubhouse is all CG.
    Yeah I forgot about the Disney Jr.stuff which is CGI, which is odd as Sofia is one of my favorite cartoon series on TV currently. Anyway, my point still is there as I was actually thinking about Disney XD (though I did not realize it at the time and said Disney) shows and most of those are not CGI. We will have to wait and see.
    Last edited by AlexisLasek; February 26, 2015 at 12:57pm.
    I now have a toy review site!/

Cool. I hope it looks more traditional in animation than CGI. Hopefully, this also means Disney will finish releasing the original series on DVD as well.

Heroic Warrior
    This is awesome news first the classic NES game get remastered and is successful and award winning then they did a mobile game Scrooges Loot I liked it but prefer the remastered game more and comics are coming in April and now this hope they can get the original voices Alan Young just voices Scrooge for one of the new Mickey Mouse cartoons "Goofy's First Love" I just hope the new Ducktales isn't animated like those Mickey Mouse cartoons are .

Heroic Warrior
    It's nice that they are brining it back, I just hope this version is at least half as good as the original.

Quote Originally Posted by scroogemcd77 View Post
    This is awesome news first the classic NES game get remastered and is successful and award winning then they did a mobile game Scrooges Loot I liked it but prefer the remastered game more and comics are coming in April and now this hope they can get the original voices Alan Young just voices Scrooge for one of the new Mickey Mouse cartoons "Goofy's First Love" I just hope the new Ducktales isn't animated like those Mickey Mouse cartoons are .
    DuckTales comics are coming? I wasn't aware, but sounds awesome

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    DuckTales comics are coming? I wasn't aware, but sounds awesome
    Well Uncle Scrooge comics anyway same characters, IDW is releasing Disney comics Uncle Scrooge debuts in April then Donald Duck in May Mickey Mouse in June and Walt Disney's Comics and Stories in September multiple variant covers for all.

Yeah check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Cool. I hope it looks more traditional in animation than CGI. Hopefully, this also means Disney will finish releasing the original series on DVD as well.
    Exactly what I thought and an more excited about, that maybe this is get them to release the FULL original series on DVD.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Heroic Warrior
    According to the Ducktales wiki page the original voice of Launchpad posted this month to fans on facebook that none of the original voice cast will be in the new series. I am not sure how I feel about this why get them for the remastered game and it does really well and not use them in the new series but I will still watch the show and give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by scroogemcd77 View Post
    According to the Ducktales wiki page the original voice of Launchpad posted this month to fans on facebook that none of the original voice cast will be in the new series. I am not sure how I feel about this why get them for the remastered game and it does really well and not use them in the new series but I will still watch the show and give it a chance.
    That sucks. I can understand if Alan Young didn't return as Scrooge since he is 95 years old now. But it would be nice if they could get back as much of the original voice cast as possible. I just hope they don't screw this up and turn it into something unrecognizable from the original.

Heroic Warrior
    That is disappointing to hear, I can understand Alan Young not returning but nobody else.