Thread: New Comics based on classic shows

Heroic Warrior

New Comics based on classic shows

Hey with the success of Batman 66 I and my friends got to thinking of other shows that would make a cool comic here are my top 5
    1.Bewitched-I know there were already comics made back in the 60's but might be nice to see today.
    2.I Dream of Jeannie
    hey maybe a crossover between the 2 if written well could be cool
    3.I Love Lucy-comics were already made back then but new stories would be nice
    4.Disney Afternoon needs to come back to comics that last run with Ducktales, Rescue Rangers and Darkwing I thought was pretty cool Marvel/Disney needs to relaunch them as well as Talespin, Goof Troop and Gummie Bears.
    5.Munsters and Addams Family again a crossover might be a fun idea

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    The Six Million Dollar Man is supposed to get a book soon, as well (this one directly based on the original series). A few other I can think of that I'd like to see:
    Space 1999
    UFO (Gerry Anderson live action series)
    Knight Rider (not sure how effective that would be in comic book form, though)
    The Incredible Hulk (Bixby series)
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

The A team. - I pity the fool who don't agree!

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder if in the Batman 66 comic they will show Poison Ivy she wasn't in the original show but was in the comics in that time right? Also I see they have Dr. Holly Quinn wonder if they will change her to Harley?

I always wanted to see a remake of the following in some manner, a comic may be a good way:

_Automan
    _Manimal
    _Street Hawk
    _The Greatest American Hero
    _Man from Atlantis (Namor-Aquaman rip off)
    _Airwolf
    _Mork & Mindy
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by scroogemcd77 View Post
    I wonder if in the Batman 66 comic they will show Poison Ivy she wasn't in the original show but was in the comics in that time right?
    Yes she was. I've always assumed that her costume and character was considered too racy for 60s television, and that Louie the Lilac was created as a substitute for her.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Yes she was. I've always assumed that her costume and character was considered too racy for 60s television, and that Louie the Lilac was created as a substitute for her.
    Oh like False Face instead of Two Face,nothing against Milton Berle great comedian one of the greats of all time but that would've been interesting having Poison Ivy there. Hopefully in time with continued success of the comic she will get in there maybe a Catwoman/Ivy battle over Batman or team up or if Dr. Holly Quinn becomes Harley maybe they will team up like in the regular DC universe 66 style?

Lion Forge Comics is currently making digital comics of Airwolf, Knight Rider, and even Miami Vice. You can get them on Amazon for Kindle or the Kindle app on whatever device you use.

I've been reading Knight Rider and I read the sample for Airwolf #1, and they are more like remakes of the shows than any kind of continuation.

Knight Rider has a fairly good origin story going on, and the art is ok. So far the only things I don't like are that the issues are too short, and they have a tendency to duplicate panels. It's kind of hard to explain, but the previous page is reprinted exactly, except for a small inset, or something. So far I'm six issues in, and they do this kind of thing at least once per issue. It's a little annoying. As for the length of the issues, they run about 24 pages. I guess it's similar to a regular comic book, but I often feel those are too short as well (the issue ends just when something is about to happen)...maybe I'm just a graphic novel kind of guy.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, just search Amazon for Lion Forge Comics.
    Last edited by Cosmo; April 7, 2014 at 03:50am.
    Taking Care of Business in a Flash!