Thread: GoBots to DVD

Hybrid View

GoBots to DVD

It looks like GoBots is coming to DVD through Warner Archive's MOD program. I thought there were major rights issues with Hasbro, but it looks like that is not the case.

Warner Archive's Facebook:
    Do you own the rights to Hanna-Barbera's Challenge of the GoBots cartoon series or its movie GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords? I'd really like to see both on DVD some day.

-Warner Archive: The GoBots are heading your way soon!

SCORE SCORE SCORE!!!

Probably because its not coming out retail or something along those lines. Or they reached a deal with Hasbro because its not competing
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I love the Gobots cartoon (at least I did a million years ago - haven't seen it in forever).

I wonder if they're putting out the whole series? The answer wasn't exactly specific - especially based on the wording of the question.

Yeah, I wasn't quite sure on that. I do hope they have the rights to both. I know the movie has played on cable tv in recent years. So far, Warner Archive has released cartoon series in 13-26 episode sets. I'd be surprised if they would release the whole series at once. I'd guess volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't quite sure on that. I do hope they have the rights to both. I know the movie has played on cable tv in recent years. So far, Warner Archive has released cartoon series in 13-26 episode sets. I'd be surprised if they would release the whole series at once. I'd guess volumes.
    Yeah, that was my thought. That it might be the movie and not the series. I'm sure if they put out the series it will be volumes. Not all 65 episodes at once.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Yeah, that was my thought. That it might be the movie and not the series. I'm sure if they put out the series it will be volumes. Not all 65 episodes at once.
    3 volumes for $29.95 each would be my guess, it fits how their releases have been (4-5 disc sets with 13-26 eps) and would also expand their releases into bigger series which would open their way for figuring out how to do Silverhawks and Centurions

And at virtually no cost to them it would be the easiest way to ever release that particular series since I doubt they would ever get approval for a retail release or the sales if one were to come out.

I also think the movie will be announced first, it has recently been playing on cable in HD and fits in their line of movie animated releases that they have been doing with Yogi.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Great news!!

I loved GoBots!

Too bad Rock Lords isn't included, but I think it'll be cool to revisit this one again. Loved the villains. And I think the human sidekicks were better than Spike and Sparkplug on Transformers, but that's maybe just me.

Maybe, they'll still release the movie down the road? It just isn't coming soon. I was thinking their answer would be the opposite if it wasn't both.

Maybe, they'll still release the movie down the road? It just isn't coming soon. I was thinking their answer would be the opposite if it wasn't both.
    Yeah I am surprised its the series first but they do the Yogi movies separate so maybe is the show has enough demand they will pop the movie on MOD

I anticipate how they do this cause it will be the first "large" series they put up. If they split it into 3 volumes then Volumes 2 and 3 will be highly sough after since the first 25 or so episodes have been available on VHS for years but the latter half of the series has not been seen even on US television in almost a decade

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Hmm might be worth getting for a laugh and playing spot the TF VA. I suppose the only good thing about it is that Phil Hartman voiced in it.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Loved the villains. And I think the human sidekicks were better than Spike and Sparkplug on Transformers, but that's maybe just me.
    As a kid, I loved GoBots more than Transformers all together. The cartoon was well done and the figures were a lot cheaper and easier to collect. I never came home from a store without one. GoBots were my 2nd favorite cartoon/toyline of the 80s behind MOTU as a real young kid. I still enjoyed G.I. Joe, Transformers, etc...but MOTU and GoBots were my first favorites.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    As a kid, I loved GoBots more than Transformers all together. The cartoon was well done and the figures were a lot cheaper and easier to collect. I never came home from a store without one. GoBots were my 2nd favorite cartoon/toyline of the 80s behind MOTU as a real young kid. I still enjoyed G.I. Joe, Transformers, etc...but MOTU and GoBots were my first favorites.

I agree 100%. The GoBots theme was catchier too!

I had a lot more GoBots toys, probably because of the price factor.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Watching these episodes is a hoot. Crasher was always my favorite, and she's just as witty/funny/crazy as I remember. And lol @ what was revealed during the mind control.

Someone has GOT to make cartoon-based figures of these characters.

That is so cool! I've never seen a great deal of the cartoon since it aired early in the morning in Chicago but I've always loved the toys(more than Transformers). When you mentioned recently that either Robo Force, Sectaurs, or Gobots was coming to DVD, I thought for sure Gobots was the least likely answer.

At least the movie is easy to come buy(I got a VHS version off of Amazon not too long ago). I've heard from some people that all of the dubs of the regular series are extremely flawed.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 4, 2011 at 06:31pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I have DVD boots of the entire series and movie, but I'm sure these will be a much better quality, so I'll be getting them. I noticed on wiki it says Paramount released the VHS of the movie while Clubhouse Pictures released it in theaters. I found that interesting. I know WB or whoever owns it allowed it to be shown on the HDnet Movies channel as recently as last year. I hope the movie gets a high def release.

Did anyone see the movie in the theater? I saw both MOTU movies, didn't have much interest in the Transformer movie, and saw G.I. Joe's on tape since Hasbro didn't release it theatrically, but I don't remember seeing commercials for either the BraveStarr or the Gobots movies in the Chicagoland area. I definitely would have seen Gobots if I knew about it.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

It looks like GoBots is coming to DVD through Warner Archive's MOD program. I thought there were major rights issues with Hasbro, but it looks like that is not the case.

Warner Archive's Facebook:
    YESSSS!!!!!!

I have DVD boots of the entire series and movie, but I'm sure these will be a much better quality, so I'll be getting them. I noticed on wiki it says Paramount released the VHS of the movie while Clubhouse Pictures released it in theaters. I found that interesting. I know WB or whoever owns it allowed it to be shown on the HDnet Movies channel as recently as last year. I hope the movie gets a high def release.
    I REALLY hope the movie is released, especially in HD. I LOVED the rock lords movie!!!!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I wish whoever owns the rights to Gobots figures/likenesses could make a few figures to go along with the dvd release. Gobots were pretty big back in the day as much as people (bandwagon Transformers fans ) love to hate on them. ****, I had a red Gobots Lunch Box when I was young as hell.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!