Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GoBots to DVD

GoBots to DVD

It looks like GoBots is coming to DVD through Warner Archive's MOD program. I thought there were major rights issues with Hasbro, but it looks like that is not the case.

Warner Archive's Facebook:
    Do you own the rights to Hanna-Barbera's Challenge of the GoBots cartoon series or its movie GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords? I'd really like to see both on DVD some day.

-Warner Archive: The GoBots are heading your way soon!

SCORE SCORE SCORE!!!

Probably because its not coming out retail or something along those lines. Or they reached a deal with Hasbro because its not competing
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I love the Gobots cartoon (at least I did a million years ago - haven't seen it in forever).

I wonder if they're putting out the whole series? The answer wasn't exactly specific - especially based on the wording of the question.

Yeah, I wasn't quite sure on that. I do hope they have the rights to both. I know the movie has played on cable tv in recent years. So far, Warner Archive has released cartoon series in 13-26 episode sets. I'd be surprised if they would release the whole series at once. I'd guess volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't quite sure on that. I do hope they have the rights to both. I know the movie has played on cable tv in recent years. So far, Warner Archive has released cartoon series in 13-26 episode sets. I'd be surprised if they would release the whole series at once. I'd guess volumes.
    Yeah, that was my thought. That it might be the movie and not the series. I'm sure if they put out the series it will be volumes. Not all 65 episodes at once.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Yeah, that was my thought. That it might be the movie and not the series. I'm sure if they put out the series it will be volumes. Not all 65 episodes at once.
    3 volumes for $29.95 each would be my guess, it fits how their releases have been (4-5 disc sets with 13-26 eps) and would also expand their releases into bigger series which would open their way for figuring out how to do Silverhawks and Centurions

And at virtually no cost to them it would be the easiest way to ever release that particular series since I doubt they would ever get approval for a retail release or the sales if one were to come out.

I also think the movie will be announced first, it has recently been playing on cable in HD and fits in their line of movie animated releases that they have been doing with Yogi.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    THANK YOU!!!!

Bout time! I've been an advocate for GoBots for a very long time. I still have a VHS tape from 1984 full of GoBots goodness and complete with awesome commercials. I still have some of my vintage GoBots chillin on my computer desk too.

I'm dyin for GoBots, DVDs are what I want most, but I really hope Hasbro can make new figures, even just a few of the main guys.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    I'll be all over this if they release the complete series. I remember watching this show every morning before school. Ah, good times.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    man i miss the GoBots

Twitter question and response:

On your facebook page, it was said that GoBots is coming soon. Does this mean both the movie and the tv series?

WarnerArchive: TV series. Not the film.

Great news!!

I loved GoBots!

Too bad Rock Lords isn't included, but I think it'll be cool to revisit this one again. Loved the villains. And I think the human sidekicks were better than Spike and Sparkplug on Transformers, but that's maybe just me.

Maybe, they'll still release the movie down the road? It just isn't coming soon. I was thinking their answer would be the opposite if it wasn't both.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Loved the villains. And I think the human sidekicks were better than Spike and Sparkplug on Transformers, but that's maybe just me.
    As a kid, I loved GoBots more than Transformers all together. The cartoon was well done and the figures were a lot cheaper and easier to collect. I never came home from a store without one. GoBots were my 2nd favorite cartoon/toyline of the 80s behind MOTU as a real young kid. I still enjoyed G.I. Joe, Transformers, etc...but MOTU and GoBots were my first favorites.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Maybe, they'll still release the movie down the road? It just isn't coming soon. I was thinking their answer would be the opposite if it wasn't both.
    Yeah I am surprised its the series first but they do the Yogi movies separate so maybe is the show has enough demand they will pop the movie on MOD

I anticipate how they do this cause it will be the first "large" series they put up. If they split it into 3 volumes then Volumes 2 and 3 will be highly sough after since the first 25 or so episodes have been available on VHS for years but the latter half of the series has not been seen even on US television in almost a decade

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Hmm might be worth getting for a laugh and playing spot the TF VA. I suppose the only good thing about it is that Phil Hartman voiced in it.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Twitter question and response:
    They updated their Facebook to say

Quote Originally Posted by Warner Archive Collection
    At this point, just the series.....
    I am guessing the ...... means that the movie is still in the works but not ready yet.

Fantastic news!!!

Heroic Warrior Hobby One Kenobi's Avatar
    This is great news & I'm getting these the minute they are made available, thank you Warner Archive as my wallet hurts from all the great releases but I'm not complaining one bit! First C.O.P.S. & now Gobots along with He Man, She Ra, & Bravestarr plus 2 big 80's shows still to come from Millcreek it looks like the 80's on DVD are making a ome back!
    www.ioffer.com

Home of many hard to find classic 80's toons, even though they might be bootlegs.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Awesome. Do we know if it's DVD or not? cuz this Warner Archive confuses the hell out of me.

i need some valid information as in tvshowsondvd.com announcing it
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Oh...My....God........*&*(& WOOT!
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    i need some valid information as in tvshowsondvd.com announcing it
    Well the statement is valid, it comes directly from the Warner Archives Facebook and Twitter accounts.

But ask and ye shall receive Manny http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/14988

And if the past is any indication they will be announcing it within the next 2 months, whenever they speak about a property online they usually follow up with its release info. Since its Made on Demand there is no need to build up hype or advertise

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    Awesome. Do we know if it's DVD or not? cuz this Warner Archive confuses the hell out of me.
    What is there to confuse, Warner Archives Made on Demand program works like this:

You select your product you want (say Thundarr) and you pay for it

Over the next 7 days they make your set and send it to you, its on printed DVD-R's with a nice case and artwork so it looks more official then a bootleg.

Its a similar setup to how Public Television, A&E and History Channel do a lot of their DVD's.
    Last edited by markatisu; February 3, 2011 at 06:19pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Fantastic, I love the GoBots!
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

Every time a classic cartoon comes to DVD, an angel gets its wings.

So, when are they gonna complete Jonny Quest: the Real Adventures?

(And does anyone know who owns the rights to Peter Pan and the Pirates?)
    Visit my blog!