Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GoBots to DVD

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    What is there to confuse?
    Well, c-krash isn't the brightest bulb in the box, marky mark. He has trouble hitting water falling out of a boat.

As for the Gobots, it's secondary to Transformers but I'll probably buy the DVDs if only to see what I can remember about them.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    (And does anyone know who owns the rights to Peter Pan and the Pirates?)
    FOX Kids was the one that produced it, it has never had a single dvd release in the US (had a few in the UK, a complete release in France) so I am not sure who owns the rights now.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

All I can say is ABOUT FRIKKIN TIME!!!
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

That is so cool! I've never seen a great deal of the cartoon since it aired early in the morning in Chicago but I've always loved the toys(more than Transformers). When you mentioned recently that either Robo Force, Sectaurs, or Gobots was coming to DVD, I thought for sure Gobots was the least likely answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Maybe, they'll still release the movie down the road? It just isn't coming soon. I was thinking their answer would be the opposite if it wasn't both.
    At least the movie is easy to come buy(I got a VHS version off of Amazon not too long ago). I've heard from some people that all of the dubs of the regular series are extremely flawed.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 4, 2011 at 06:31pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I have DVD boots of the entire series and movie, but I'm sure these will be a much better quality, so I'll be getting them. I noticed on wiki it says Paramount released the VHS of the movie while Clubhouse Pictures released it in theaters. I found that interesting. I know WB or whoever owns it allowed it to be shown on the HDnet Movies channel as recently as last year. I hope the movie gets a high def release.

Did anyone see the movie in the theater? I saw both MOTU movies, didn't have much interest in the Transformer movie, and saw G.I. Joe's on tape since Hasbro didn't release it theatrically, but I don't remember seeing commercials for either the BraveStarr or the Gobots movies in the Chicagoland area. I definitely would have seen Gobots if I knew about it.

JOIN THE GROUP...

It looks like GoBots is coming to DVD through Warner Archive's MOD program. I thought there were major rights issues with Hasbro, but it looks like that is not the case.

Warner Archive's Facebook:
    YESSSS!!!!!!

I have DVD boots of the entire series and movie, but I'm sure these will be a much better quality, so I'll be getting them. I noticed on wiki it says Paramount released the VHS of the movie while Clubhouse Pictures released it in theaters. I found that interesting. I know WB or whoever owns it allowed it to be shown on the HDnet Movies channel as recently as last year. I hope the movie gets a high def release.
    I REALLY hope the movie is released, especially in HD. I LOVED the rock lords movie!!!!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I wish whoever owns the rights to Gobots figures/likenesses could make a few figures to go along with the dvd release. Gobots were pretty big back in the day as much as people (bandwagon Transformers fans ) love to hate on them. ****, I had a red Gobots Lunch Box when I was young as hell.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I had a red Gobots Lunch Box when I was young as hell.
    Plastic lunchbox? J. Marzo, you poser! The only real lunchboxes are made out of metal!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    The only real lunchboxes are made out of metal!
    So are "real" robots. Gobots for the win!

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    What is there to confuse, Warner Archives Made on Demand program works like this:

You select your product you want (say Thundarr) and you pay for it

Over the next 7 days they make your set and send it to you, its on printed DVD-R's with a nice case and artwork so it looks more official then a bootleg.

Its a similar setup to how Public Television, A&E and History Channel do a lot of their DVD's.
    Awesome! thanks for the clarification!, I wasn't sure if it was a video on demand, or a digital copy type of service.

Plastic lunchbox? J. Marzo, you poser! The only real lunchboxes are made out of metal!
    I never had a metal one. All the ones I had were plastic if I remember correctly.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    So are "real" robots. Gobots for the win!
    Huh? Transformers were made out of metal as well. More metal than the Gobots, in fact. Megatron and Optimus were honking big pieces of metal...

Huh? Transformers were made out of metal as well. More metal than the Gobots, in fact. Megatron and Optimus were honking big pieces of metal...
    Initially, but the metal didn't last.

"Honking big pieces of metal" that had some of the biggest problems with scale in any toyline ever. I've never understood why Transformers stood the test of time when the whole line was obviously a bunch of things from multiple Japanese toylines just thrown together. I liked the cartoon as a kid but I'm starting to realize it wasn't Michael Bay that made me dislike Transformers. It was Hasbro.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Initially, but the metal didn't last.
    And neither did the Gobots. Transformers for the checkmate!

"Honking big pieces of metal" that had some of the biggest problems with scale in any toyline ever. I've never understood why Transformers stood the test of time when the whole line was obviously a bunch of things from multiple Japanese toylines just thrown together. I liked the cartoon as a kid but I'm starting to realize it wasn't Michael Bay that made me dislike Transformers. It was Hasbro.
    Maybe they stood the test of time because they were cool? There isn't really much more a young boy wants from his toy than a car that changes into a robot. Or a dinosaur that changes into a robot. Or an insect that changes into a robot. Or a jet that change into a robot. Or a building that changes into a robot. Oh, wait. Wrong movie on that one.

Plus the cartoon, comics and animated movie helped a lot to fuel the fantasy, like it or hate it (even though I know you hate it). But I'm not here to divert the intention of this thread. I am actually interested in seeing and purchasing these Gobots DVDs. We can both agree on that. These will be welcome additions to our respective animated DVD collections.

TVShowsonDVD just posted the ad showing Gobots front and center

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Herculo...-Planned/15269
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

TVShowsonDVD just posted the ad showing Gobots front and center

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Herculo...-Planned/15269
    It's about time!

Looks like crap, but I really want it! This is my most anticipated dvd since MOTU and PoP simply because I never thought it would happen and Gobots was my 2nd favorite to MOTU when I was realllllll young.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I'm really excited for this. Like Marzo said, after MOTU & POP, it's the cartoon I've wanted most on DVD. Even though I know Transformers were, and still are, a lot more popular, I always preferred the Gobots. Since the show only aired early mornings in Chicagoland, I never got to see it other than my VHS copy of the Gobots movie. I can't wait!

JOIN THE GROUP...

The GoBots cover could be better, but I'm glad that it looks like it is coming fairly shortly. I'm still curious as to the number of volumes it will be.

The GoBots cover could be better, but I'm glad that it looks like it is coming fairly shortly. I'm still curious as to the number of volumes it will be.
    I am guessing 3-4 five disc sets to make the whole series. That would be about 18-26 eps per box and keep a $25-40 price point.

The artwork does suck but I could care less since its the episodes I care about, I could always create new artwork using the numerous VHS releases

The ad is from a Free Comic Book Day comic which is released on 5/7 and since WB usually gives a 2 week-month notice on their MOD I am hoping for late May/Early June

I am guessing 3-4 five disc sets to make the whole series. That would be about 18-26 eps per box and keep a $25-40 price point.

The artwork does suck but I could care less since its the episodes I care about, I could always create new artwork using the numerous VHS releases

The ad is from a Free Comic Book Day comic which is released on 5/7 and since WB usually gives a 2 week-month notice on their MOD I am hoping for late May/Early June
    My original guess was 3 volumes of 4 discs each, but that was assuming single layer discs. I noticed that Valley of the Dinosaurs was put on DVD-9s (2 discs for 16 episodes), so that might put a monkey wrench into my guessing. Also, it looks like Mr. T is being broken out into season sets unfortunately, so I could seem them milking GoBots for more volumes than I originally thought.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Kinda cool, but I'll just netflix the series since I don't think it is worth owning.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Do they offer Warner Archive MODs on Netflix?

My new guess is 3 volumes of 3 discs each (I'm guessing they will use DVD-9s).

I went on ebay and saw that the cover for this release is basically a cover to an old GoBots VHS tape.
    Last edited by Firefly; April 19, 2011 at 12:55am.

Do they offer Warner Archive MODs on Netflix?

My new guess is 3 volumes of 3 discs each (I'm guessing they will use DVD-9s).

I went on ebay and saw that the cover for this release is basically a cover to an old GoBots VHS tape.
    Well Chuck Norris and the Karate Commandos I think is on Netflix