Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GoBots to DVD

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Do they offer Warner Archive MODs on Netflix?

My new guess is 3 volumes of 3 discs each (I'm guessing they will use DVD-9s).

I went on ebay and saw that the cover for this release is basically a cover to an old GoBots VHS tape.
    Why would WB titles not be on Netflix? They only have a 28 delay on Netflix, not an embargo.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Why would WB titles not be on Netflix? They only have a 28 delay on Netflix, not an embargo.
    Because its not a standard release, the MOD program is seriously we buy you make.

Have it instant available defeats that purpose, its completely different then a retail release which the company gets paid for regardless of whether it sells or not.

You are comparing the rules that pertain to retail releases, this is not available for rent which means it does not fall under those rules.

If it did Thundarr which came out last September would be available, as would The Dukes and Swat Kats. Are they?

I think Chuck Norris might be a test, if a lot of people watch that and don't buy it might signal an opening for MOD to move online since it would be even more cheap

But there is absolutely no guarantee the MOD catalog is bound for Netflix
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Ooooooooooooooooh, I have never heard of this service. Kind of stupid if you ask me. First off, that means they can sell it for whatever price they want. Secondly, it means I don't get any Best Buy employee discount. Third, I want to see the thing in person before I make my purchase. He-Man is about the extent of stuff I'm willing to buy without having to hold and touch it first.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    I've bought 4 sets from the MOD service and you won't be disappointed. The video quality is very good for unremastered discs, and the price point is good for sets that you never expected to see on non bootlegged discs in the first place.

So come on pry open the wallet, trust me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Ooooooooooooooooh, I have never heard of this service. Kind of stupid if you ask me. First off, that means they can sell it for whatever price they want. Secondly, it means I don't get any Best Buy employee discount. Third, I want to see the thing in person before I make my purchase. He-Man is about the extent of stuff I'm willing to buy without having to hold and touch it first.
    Well regardless if you like it or not, business wise its the only way 99% of what they are releasing would EVER be released.

Gobots would die at retail and never be completed, stores do not want to carry animation anymore so MOD is going to be the way it is from now on. Shout I think does a similar service as does Mill Creek.

The days of sets like BCI used to produce for animation are gone, its just not cost effective unless its a very big license.

It is on the expensive side but they usually offer 5-10% off discounts and free shipping so I have been able to get most sets for ~$18-20 which is on par with what retail would be.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

It looks like they are going to milk this thing...
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Cha...i-Series/15326
    The mini-series comes out May 17th. At least, it is remastered.

It looks like they are going to milk this thing...
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Cha...i-Series/15326
    The mini-series comes out May 17th. At least, it is remastered.
    Ahhhh! The perfect antidote to the latest trailer from Michael Bay's upcoming cinematic debacle. Too bad Hasbro has the rights to this great franchise.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Warner Archive just said that GoBots will not be more than 3 releases including this release, so that isn't bad.

i am actually impressed they are remastering or doing anything besides slapping some old vhs versions on disk!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

From their twitter on the remastering:
    It really looks amazing and is a bit of work. So if people really respond to the remastering, you'll see it more.

OMG they are remastering the Gobots

Hopefully the fans won't let them there, I know I am going to buy it!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Wow~! Can't wait. Instant purchase as soon as available!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I pre-ordered this morning.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I pre-ordered this morning.
    Just pre-ordered mine too.

For those that need it here is the link for the mini-series

http://www.wbshop.com/Challenge-of-T...,pd.html?cgid=

I checked and there are no coupons available that would work with this

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I didn't know it could be pre-ordered! Thank you for bringing that to my attention! Purchased!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

From their twitter on the remastering:
    the key thing is for them to really HYPE it up that they are remastering it so people jump on board. Otherwise people will just assume it is like other cartoon series from the 80s
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Thanks for the link. I just pre-ordered it!
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Just ordered two copies, one for me and one for an international orger!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Ahhhh! The perfect antidote to the latest trailer from Michael Bay's upcoming cinematic debacle. Too bad Hasbro has the rights to this great franchise.
    What? You don't like epic chaos and buildings falling due to a Cybertronic Invasion?

I've just ordered mine too. At last I can retire my VCR tape.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Shoot this is only for US people only. Anyone wanna get me a copy? Price is really good too.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Just a few days before it goes on sale. As much as I hate that Hasbro has the rights to the toys, I'm so happy Warner Bros has the rights to the cartoon. Without them, Gobots would be 100% dead & buried.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Sounds like GoBots had a better digital treatment than Transformers, since the Transformers tapes were in such a nasty shape and SHOUT! factory did miracles to improve them the best they could... but GoBots must have a better source. LOL, how ironic!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    OMG they are remastering the Gobots

Hopefully the fans won't let them there, I know I am going to buy it!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics...remastered.jpg
    Looks terrific if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Just a few days before it goes on sale. As much as I hate that Hasbro has the rights to the toys, I'm so happy Warner Bros has the rights to the cartoon. Without them, Gobots would be 100% dead & buried.
    Since the beginning, the GoBots had been criminally ripped off by Hasbro. The TFs are rip-off!
    Last edited by Vanquest; May 13, 2011 at 06:27am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquest View Post
    Since the beginning, the GoBots had been criminally ripped off by Hasbro. The TFs are rip-off!
    I would say Transformers are a vast improvement.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Has anyone watched Machine Robo? It's the cartoon(and line of toys) that the Gobots were based on. I see that there are 3 Region 1 DVDs for it for a few bucks each on Amazon.

JOIN THE GROUP...