Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 225

Thread: GoBots to DVD

  1. #101
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Even though the odds of them doing it are slim to none, I wonder if Bandai would ever release some of the Gobots stateside without actually calling them Gobots. If I understand correctly, Hasbro only owns the name & the names of the characters while Bandai owns the toy designs. Currently the only Gobots I own are the 6 Wendy's exclusives I got on Ebay a few years ago. The regular toys from Tonka can get pretty expensive.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  2. #102
    Heroic Warrior Shadow_Contact's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    107
    I don't think Bandai can release the molds stateside ever again. Hasbro owns everything about Go-Bots but the molds, they even own the likeness so unless Bandai created new heads it can't happen.

    I'm guessing we are in the same boat, I Occasionally try to win some but they just reach unbelievable prices.

  3. #103
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Contact View Post
    I don't think Bandai can release the molds stateside ever again. Hasbro owns everything about Go-Bots but the molds, they even own the likeness so unless Bandai created new heads it can't happen.
    That stinks. Of all the companies to acquire Tonka, why did it have to be Hasbro? With Transformers around, they'll never do anything with Gobots. Hell, they even allowed some Gobots to be killed in IDW's Transformers comics. Although, I may be reading too much into that since Hasbro seems to have no problem killing off their Transformers & Joes as well in various media.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Contact View Post
    I'm guessing we are in the same boat, I Occasionally try to win some but they just reach unbelievable prices.
    I haven't done it recently, but I've tried unsuccessfully in the past to win some Gobots. For a toyline that is often considered "K-Mart Transformers" by some toy fans, they sure can get pricey.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  4. #104
    Filmation Ghostbuster Vanquest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Naples, Italy
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Contact View Post
    I don't think Bandai can release the molds stateside ever again. Hasbro owns everything about Go-Bots but the molds, they even own the likeness so unless Bandai created new heads it can't happen.

    I'm guessing we are in the same boat, I Occasionally try to win some but they just reach unbelievable prices.
    They (Bandai and Hasbro) could do a "joint effort" and release a commemorative series featuring the main Guardians and Renegades, I would buy that in a blink of my eye. A commemorative series featuring bigger and more complex GoBots figures, not the original toys.
    I would go with the original 3 Guardians and 3 Renegades.
    What if Hasbro uses these brand-new molds? Would Hasbro STILL need a license from Bandai for that? Maybe not.

    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    They charged my card earlier this morning so I assume its getting ready to be shipped
    How can I purchase the first 5 episodes? I live in Italy...
    Last edited by Vanquest; May 19, 2011 at 05:20am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

    GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

    BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

  5. #105
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquest View Post
    They (Bandai and Hasbro) could do a "joint effort" and release a commemorative series featuring the main Guardians and Renegades, I would buy that in a blink of my eye. A commemorative series featuring bigger and more complex GoBots figures, not the original toys.

    I would go with the original 3 Guardians and 3 Renegades.

    What if Hasbro uses these brand-new molds? Would Hasbro STILL need a license from Bandai for that? Maybe not.
    If Hasbro wanted to do a commemorative set they would not need to do anything with Bandai. Everything about the Gobots in the US is now owned by Hasbro from their buyout of Tonka.

    Hasbro could easily create a new set of Gobots if they wanted to, they do not rely on Takara to create new Transformers so they would not need to rely on Bandai either.

    How can I purchase the first 5 episodes? I live in Italy...
    You would need to get a US orger to order a copy and ship it to you. So it would most likely cost whatever the price of the DVD is with shipping to the orger and then the cost of shipping to you. At least that is similar to what I did for those I helped out on this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    That stinks. Of all the companies to acquire Tonka, why did it have to be Hasbro? With Transformers around, they'll never do anything with Gobots. Hell, they even allowed some Gobots to be killed in IDW's Transformers comics. Although, I may be reading too much into that since Hasbro seems to have no problem killing off their Transformers & Joes as well in various media.
    Its the same deal with M.A.S.K. Hasbro tried to roll it into GI Joe but then for some reason stopped that cold despite the Matt Trakker figure selling extremely well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I haven't done it recently, but I've tried unsuccessfully in the past to win some Gobots. For a toyline that is often considered "K-Mart Transformers" by some toy fans, they sure can get pricey.
    I am glad others can see it too. I try to get some here and there but my god for a line that Transformers fans called the Welfare Transformers, ripoffs, and babies toys why am I paying more for them on the secondary market then some G1 Transformers which are supposedly the greatest thing on earth!!
    Last edited by markatisu; May 19, 2011 at 08:42am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  6. #106
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Its the same deal with M.A.S.K. Hasbro tried to roll it into GI Joe but then for some reason stopped that cold despite the Matt Trakker figure selling extremely well.
    Now I have no idea about this myself(I'm not the biggest M.A.S.K. fan anymore), but someone posted awhile back on this very forum that Hasbro doesn't own everything about M.A.S.K. Supposedly the way Matt Trakker was listed on the toy was proof of this. Again, I'm just repeating what I read in case there's no truth to this at all.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  7. #107
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Now I have no idea about this myself(I'm not the biggest M.A.S.K. fan anymore), but someone posted awhile back on this very forum that Hasbro doesn't own everything about M.A.S.K. Supposedly the way Matt Trakker was listed on the toy was proof of this. Again, I'm just repeating what I read in case there's no truth to this at all.
    Probably, it was a Kenner line of toys but even the DVD rights are odd on that show
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  8. #108
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Probably, it was a Kenner line of toys but even the DVD rights are odd on that show
    Lawyers & legal loopholes make everything complicated. It still kills me that Mattel can't make toys of characters featured in cartoons or movies based on their own property.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  9. #109
    Heroic Warrior Grimbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    2,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquest View Post
    Ironically enough, Transformers will never look so good, the original tapes were in a pretty nasty shape and with much post-production animation sorely missing.
    That's mostly the case with season 1 episodes. And few season 2 episodes.
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

  10. #110
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,549
    I just checked WBShop and my copies of the Gobots miniseries have shipped and should be here early next week

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Lawyers & legal loopholes make everything complicated. It still kills me that Mattel can't make toys of characters featured in cartoons or movies based on their own property.
    Yup I think its one of those hindsight things, in the 80's and 90's nobody really cared because they never expected their properties to live on in the future. TV syndication was about all they cared about since that insured at least some extra return on investment.

    Even until 1996 VHS which had no such thing as "season" or "complete" set release as an option. And nothing really like a commemorative toyline or even toyline reboot were happening, even shows which continued like GI Joe and Transformers never rebooted in those decades they either had sequels or future series.

    As sad as it it it makes people like George Lucas that much more brilliant for being almost 30 years ahead of the curve.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  11. #111
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    35
    I ordered my set today, along with Mr. T and Chuck Norris. I have never had an order of DVDs that could potentially inflict so much damage. Hope the mailman is not hurt delivering them.

  12. #112
    Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Posts
    8,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I ordered my set today, along with Mr. T and Chuck Norris. I have never had an order of DVDs that could potentially inflict so much damage. Hope the mailman is not hurt delivering them.
    Well, I can see Mr. T and Chuck Norris doing some damage but I think the Gobots DVD will be alright. Unless Scooter goes on a rampage, which I find highly improbable...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

    "It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

    Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

  13. #113
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Well, I can see Mr. T and Chuck Norris doing some damage but I think the Gobots DVD will be alright. Unless Scooter goes on a rampage, which I find highly improbable...
    The Gobots (well the Renegades to be specific) have Zod though
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  14. #114
    Filmation Ghostbuster Vanquest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Naples, Italy
    Posts
    1,169
    I'm honest when I say I cannot stop the GoBots theme periodically playin' in my head.
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

    GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

    BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

  15. #115
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    7,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Disguise View Post
    You Americans are lucky. I wish we had the Mighty Machine Men remastered and sold here with the "mighty robots, might vehicles" intro of your toy commercials. The show and toys were more popular here anyway back in the day. I wish I could order this sort of nearly there nostalgic dvd.
    Most Warner Archive titles eventually end up on Amazon.com, which ships internationally. I believe the discs are region free since they are DVD-Rs.

    My order is still in process, but it is supposed to ship by 5/20.

  16. #116
    Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Most Warner Archive titles eventually end up on Amazon.com, which ships internationally. I believe the discs are region free since they are DVD-Rs.
    Thanks mate, I'll keep an eye out for it. I see Thundarr The Barbarian is there...price and shipping appear to be not too bad at a couple of joints also.

  17. #117
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    7,914
    They put another clip out on youtube:


  18. #118
    Filmation Ghostbuster Vanquest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Naples, Italy
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    They put another clip out on youtube:

    Please remove embedded videos in quoted replies. Thanks
    2 points:


    1- It looks like the series was shot these days, perfect remastering.

    2- I love Scooter. I deeply love Scooter.
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

    GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

    BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

  19. #119
    Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Shepparton, Australia
    Posts
    2,931
    The remastering on this does look good I will admit. Stop tempting me. The Chuck Norris toon would be good for a lol to own.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

    DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

  20. #120
    Filmation Ghostbuster Vanquest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Naples, Italy
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
    The remastering on this does look good I will admit. Stop tempting me. The Chuck Norris toon would be good for a lol to own.
    Stop escaping from your fate. Lol.
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

    GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

    BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

  21. #121
    Eternian Arashikage King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    5,784
    awesome job remastering!

    I shall own this...it will be mine...oh yes....it will be mine.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

  22. #122
    Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Planet Eronia
    Posts
    17,995
    Man I really cant wait til this dvd comes. I haven't wanted a dvd this bad since Filmation MOTU.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

  23. #123
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,523
    *shaking and crying* My set arrived today.

  24. #124
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    *shaking and crying* My set arrived today.
    Awesome, mine will be here tomorrow or Monday
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  25. #125
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    7,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    *shaking and crying* My set arrived today.
    Cool. I expect a review soon.

    I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet, but it looks like mine shipped yesterday.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •