Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: GoBots to DVD

will it have a complete set much like heman shera or transformers?
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    will it have a complete set much like heman shera or transformers?
    Warner Archives does not do complete sets for something this big, it will most likely be in Volumes. Unless of course they change how they have been doing things but there is no sign they will.

The first 5 eps were released as a mini-series and imho it will be Gobots Volume 1 with 30 eps and Gobots Volume 2 with 30 eps to complete the series.

They make more money that way, remember these are on demand releases so they do not need to make it a deal to be able to sell it.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

well do u think they will put the gobotron series with the rest of the series?
    i think they will get more money getting done together cause id rather buy less sets for a series then more
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Cannot wait!
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    well do u think they will put the gobotron series with the rest of the series?
    i think they will get more money getting done together cause id rather buy less sets for a series then more
    You mean the part they already released ("THE BATTLE FOR GOBOTRON)? No I don't think they will add that in to the other volumes. Probably after everything is released they will offer the 1st mini-series at a reduced price or give you 20% off everything (like they tend to do every few weeks)

I dont think they will release THE GOBOTRON SAGA (the 2nd mini-series) by itself because then it makes setting up 2 volumes harder (since it would leave 55 episodes so one box set would need 27 and the other 28)

Their goal is not to save you money, its on Demand which means if you want it bad enough you will pay the high prices. They literally lose nothing if you opt out because they only make it when you order.

Though they could surprise us and just crap out 1 60 episode set for like $50-60
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I've had them confirm for me multiple times that GoBots will not be released in more than 2 more sets, which likely means 2 4-disc sets of 30 episodes each (probably at the $39.95 price tag of the Silverhawks release for each of them).

The bad thing about these DVDs is that they will be the last thing that is ever released of the Gobots(unless Hasbro hits hard financial times & must sell off the rights to some of their properties to a company that will use them). Why did the owners of the Transformers franchise have to buy up Tonka?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Its 2 months shy of a year from their first announcement so I decided to twitter them this morning about the follow up

@WarnerArchive last April you released the first Gobots DVD, are we any closer to getting the next release in that series??
    This was their reply

Quote Originally Posted by WarnerArchive Twitter
    @ISUMark As time marches forward, we are always getting closer! But otherwise, nothing to announce.
    Not sure what the wink was supposed to indicate, I know last year they promo'd their upcoming Spring releases during Free Comic Book Day so maybe that is what they will do here as well

Thanks for checking and for the update. I am looking forward to getting the entire run of Gobots on DVD.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

I just hope they keep their word on GoBots not being more than 2 more sets. I definitely don't want to have to buy 3 more sets, particularly since they made us pay for the mini-series seperately, not to mention the length of time between sets. The last time I talked to them a few months back, they made it sound like GoBots would be released in its entirety by the end of this year (one set in the early part of the year and one set late in the year).

FYI Warner Archive is having a sale right now - $5 off "select" DVDs and free shipping using the code WINNER

For what its worth Count Marzo from the org and I annoyed WB Archive today about the Gobots

ISUMark:@WarnerArchive more animation releases please, Gobots, Centurions, Tigersharks, etc. thank you in advance
    Count Marzo: @ISUMark @WarnerArchive Is it time to hassle WarnerArchive for more Gobots again?! You know me... ;-) *gets out old Gobots toys*
    WBArchive: @Count_Marzo @isumark we hear you!
    ISUMark: @Count_Marzo @WarnerArchive Good to hear, now show us too!!
    WBArchive: @ISUMark @count_marzo All Will Be Revealed Soon!
    They are at Wondercon promoting the MOD service so maybe we will see something shortly, this is about the same time last year we learned of the 1st Gobots release

It looks like it will still be a little longer, today from Warner Archive's Facebook page in response to a question about Night Court and GoBots:

"Additional releases of both are forthcoming. The next NIGHT COURT season will be appearing in a few months...GOBOTS thereafter."

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It looks like it will still be a little longer, today from Warner Archive's Facebook page in response to a question about Night Court and GoBots:
    That won't be too far off the 1yr anniversary since the Mini-Series (May 2011)

Warner Archive is releasing only 13 episodes of the 52 episode Jonny Quest 1990s series tomorrow. This makes me fear that they won't keep to their original word that the GoBots won't be more than 2 more releases to complete it.

What are the odds that Hasbro has financial problems in the near future and has to sell off their rights to Gobots? I hate that they have the rights but won't do anything with them due to Transformers. Although, considering the way they treat their franchises, maybe that's a good thing. I really want some Gobots toys, but Ebay is too expensive(at least if I wanted more than a few).
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Well not really an update but I did decide to harass Warner Archive tonight on Twitter, they instantly replied to me and Count Marzo

This tweeter's mentioned you guys in planning sessions. I quoted "Moar GoBots" to the group.

It looks like we will be finally getting the rest of the series on DVD soon:

April 20th, at Wondercon Anaheim:

Sunday, April 20 • 3:00pm - 4:00pm

GoBots, Warner Archive Collection and Beyond!

There are morphing robots and then there are the GoBots! Warner Archive Collection puts a spotlight on the ultimate transforming robots with a release of the entire series on DVD, and a panel that features the voice of Leader1 himself, Lou Richards, story editor/writer Alan Burnett, and all-knowing WAC podcast hosts Matthew Patterson and D. W. Ferranti. Come for the GoBots, stay for all kinds of fun WAC information, including a hearty shout-out to Jonny Quest on his 50th Anniversary.

Well god its about time! I never understood the resistance since it was Made to Order. If nobody wanted it then you don't have to make it

About freakin' time!!!!!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Well not really an update but I did decide to harass Warner Archive tonight on Twitter, they instantly replied to me and Count Marzo
    lmao, I've been saying #MOARGoBots at @WarnerArchive on and off for the past 3 years now it feels like.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Hopefully a Go-Bots series DVD release means we'll also get the Rock Lords movie!

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Hopefully a Go-Bots series DVD release means we'll also get the Rock Lords movie!
    Here here. At least the movie should be retail.

Gobots ?

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Warner Brothers doesn't own the movie rights. I think Paramount does.

- - - Updated - - -

Volume 1 consisting of 30 episodes is now up for pre-order on Warner Archive's site.