Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Vikor fight alongside King Grayskull & co?

Did Vikor fight alongside King Grayskull & co?

As Vikor seems to have been alive at the same time as KingGrayskull, He-ro etc, did he fight alongside them against the Snakemen? I like to think he did as I like how he looks alongside King Grayskull and it's nice to bulk up the POG team. Just wondered what others thought?

Last edited by Rodster6; February 5, 2011 at 02:17pm.

I'd like to think they probably did fight alongside each other.

Heroic Warrior
    My personal theory is that he was out of commission for a lot of the Great Wars as a prisoner of the Fighting Foe Men and didn't escape until after Grayskull's death.
    "Mind bottling, isn't it?"
    -Chazz Michael Michaels

http://www.patrickgarone.com

http://www.twitter.com/patrickgarone

Join the Facebook Group for my book, City of the Gods.

I don't think they fought together since Vikor lived way up in the North. Also, Vikor had is own troubles, fighting the Fighting Foe Men. They may have known of each others existence, which is why Vikor may have been chosen as the first He-Man.

If I got a Vikor, I would pose him with King Grayskull. I like to think that they at least knew each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    I don't think they fought together since Vikor lived way up in the North. Also, Vikor had is own troubles, fighting the Fighting Foe Men. They may have known of each others existence, which is why Vikor may have been chosen as the first He-Man.
    This is how I envisioned it from what it says on the bios which is a shame as I want to have a POG 'heroic warriors' group. Especially more barbarian type characters all together like KG and Vikor.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I prefer to think that the He-Men are not related to any Preternian Masters or Masters of the Universe...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    If I got a Vikor, I would pose him with King Grayskull. I like to think that they at least knew each other.
    I have 2 seperate POG shelves, 1 is King Grayskull and his group of warriors and the other is the goddess and the "He Men", on the same shelf is also Pop and NA I like to keep the vintage line together on 1 shelf seperate from the others.

Vikor's bio says after King Grayskull's death he was chosen by the Goddess. So, no doubt he was known of for his talents. He was from the north, which kind of implies that KG and Vikor didn't interact with one another, but because of each other's reputation, they probably knew of one another.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I've been wondering this too. Since for me, Vikor is a cousin of King Grayskull's, I'm imagining he was kidnapped (possibly in his teens) during the battles with the Snakemen, then traded, which is how he landed up in the North. From there, he began battling the Fighting Foemen. Only when the Goddess informed him of D'Vann's death did he return (for good), to guard the sword and look after Veena and her child.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    I have 2 seperate POG shelves, 1 is King Grayskull and his group of warriors and the other is the goddess and the "He Men".
    I do the same. I hope that the "He-Men" get their own logo, because POG is one era, then comes the "HE-MEN" era (that last 5000 years!), later born Adam and comes the "He-Man" era...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

In my story he was battling the Snake Men along with most of Eternia, but was not a ally of King Grayskull, though he had heard of him.
    Last edited by kagamigod; February 5, 2011 at 10:03pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    I've been wondering this too. Since for me, Vikor is a cousin of King Grayskull's, I'm imagining he was kidnapped (possibly in his teens) during the battles with the Snakemen, then traded, which is how he landed up in the North. From there, he began battling the Fighting Foemen. Only when the Goddess informed him of D'Vann's death did he return (for good), to guard the sword and look after Veena and her child.
    I like this theory, not sure on the cousin part, but that would explain the resemblance. How the Goddess just now decided to find him after all that time of him living a life alone and in slavery then asking for his help after he freed himself without anyones help is pretty messed up and selfish.

I'm surprised Vikor said yes.

I don't see why not. Until Toyguru informs us otherwise (be it i a Bio or some other method), sure, Vikor and Grayskull were chums.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    I like this theory, not sure on the cousin part, but that would explain the resemblance. How the Goddess just now decided to find him after all that time of him living a life alone and in slavery then asking for his help after he freed himself without anyones help is pretty messed up and selfish.

I'm surprised Vikor said yes.
    Thanks. And it could still work, even if they weren't cousins. I'm sure the Snake Men were running rampant as they pilaged. As for why it took so long for the Goddess to find him, I say it took a while for word to spread and legend to build about his exploits. On the plus side, it built character.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

I like to think they knew of each other. I am sure the menace of the Snake-Men was Eternia wide so through battles and adventures they may have crossed paths a few times.

He-Man himself was never confined to just Eternos and I feel both King Grayskull and Vikor did not have any restrictions to their locations either.

A bit off topic, but I would like to see the Map of Preternia to see how much of the landscape has changed over the centuries. It could give more credence to both King Grayskull and Vikor crossing paths

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    No, I don't think they fought together or let alone knew each other. They were from different parts of the planet and each had their own problems to deal with.

Their problems were the same in part (the Snake Men) and theirs no reason they would not have travelled outside of their territories. King Grayskull may have travelled on diplomatic missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    Their problems were the same in part (the Snake Men) and theirs no reason they would not have travelled outside of their territories. King Grayskull may have travelled on diplomatic missions.
    According to Vikor's bio, he only had to deal with the REMAINING renegade snake men. I'm sure his focus was the Fighting Foe Men.
    Vikor and KG, marginally, had the same issue.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    I think it is very likely that they did fight together, because they were pretty close to each other. If you look on the map of Eternia, there is no longer a Valley of Gnarl, but there is an Ocean of Gnarl, and that is just North West of Castle Grayskull.

What I like to think is that Vikor fought with Grayskull for a time, and then he was captured. When Vikor escapes, he see's that all of his friends are dead (Titus, He-Ro, and Grayskull), so he returns home to find that some of the remaining Snakemen banded together with some remaining Horde troopers to form the Fighting Foemen. Thus Vikor defends his homeland from this nasty group, and in the process his legend grows. At some point in there, the Goddess tracks him down and makes him protector of the two halves of the Sword of He.

um you can make them be whatever you want. I also like Grayskull and Vikor alongside Wun-Dar. I put the alternate Beast Man armor on Wun-Dar and he looks total viking, gave him the shield that came with TRU He-Man, looks perfect. so to me, those 3 are bro's and hang out and cause trouble!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    um you can make them be whatever you want. I also like Grayskull and Vikor alongside Wun-Dar. I put the alternate Beast Man armor on Wun-Dar and he looks total viking, gave him the shield that came with TRU He-Man, looks perfect. so to me, those 3 are bro's and hang out and cause trouble!

YES, FINALLY! WHY DOES EVERYONE FORGET WUN-DAR....?

Wun-Dar existed closer to Miro's time (100 years before Adam). Oo-Lar and Wun-Dar might have met.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I would say that Vikor was an ally to King Grayskull. I think they knew each other and maybe helped each other, but Vikor was not with King Grayskull all the time.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Greed Horder Analog Jote's Avatar
    Why not? Isn't the planet of Eternia really small? What is it, like a 20 minute walk from Eternos to the Ice Mountains? And he had BattleLion, so, like, 5 minutes, tops.