Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terra Nova Talkback *SPOILERS*

Terra Nova Talkback *SPOILERS*

Expect *Spoilers* in this thread after an episode has aired.

Steven Spielberg's show is set to debut in May and start officially in the Fall on Fox. It seems like some sort of Avatar meets Jurassic Park meets Land of the Lost type show. I'll probably check it out.

Last edited by Firefly; September 28, 2011 at 08:12pm.

Or like Primeval meets Earth 2.

I might have to check it out...

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Two Words:

Dino Riders

3 more words:

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs

they are using one of the oldest plots in TV/Movie history humans surrounded by Dinosaurs and having to survive. I may also throw in, to a lesser extent, The Flintstones and DinoSaucers. I am going to check this out but I would rather have most of these shows on DVD that already came before. If they have a good story I will continue to watch but they better have more that T-Rexs or evil humans as villlians.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Evil Master of Warcraft
    There was a show like....18 years ago called "Earth 2" I think. Basically people had to leave earth and recolonize on another planet. Is this show sort of like that? That is the vibe I got from it.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Unfortunately, sci-fi/fantasy shows don't last on TV long unless they're a hit right out of the gate. Luckily FOX will probably give a show with Spielberg's name on it more of a chance than they have with those that had Whedon's name on it. I like the premise, I like the lead(he's a great actor who keeps getting cast in shows that can't make it past 2 entire seasons), and I like the guy who was the villain in Avatar. I'm in.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    Or like Primeval meets Earth 2.

I might have to check it out...
    Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    There was a show like....18 years ago called "Earth 2" I think. Basically people had to leave earth and recolonize on another planet. Is this show sort of like that? That is the vibe I got from it.
    I have Earth 2 on DVD... I'm still sad it was canceled!

Could be fun!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

It looks neat, but I'm not a fan of Brannon Braga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Unfortunately, sci-fi/fantasy shows don't last on TV long unless they're a hit right out of the gate.
    Sometimes not even then. It has to sustain the right numbers, not just premiere big, and that's proving to be a challenge. I wish it was the other way around and they nurtured all shows they put out. At this point I'm looking at most of these shows an interesting single season, with no hope for anything to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    It looks neat, but I'm not a fan of Brannon Braga.
    Since I'm not a Star Trek fan, I don't really have an opinion of him. I will say that I will always have affection for his show "Threshold" since the lead had a French Bulldog in the pilot episode. A few months later, after the unfortunate death of my Akita "Koko", I ended up getting my very own Frenchie named "Odie" based in a large part on how cute I thought her dog was.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I guess the pilot will no longer air in May like originally planned, but will debut in the Fall with the rest of the series. Word is that Fox is leaning towards showing it on Mondays or Thursdays with Mondays being the most likely.

deadline.com:

I hear the most anticipated new Fox series, prehistoric drama Terra Nova, which had been rumored to launch either on Monday or Thursday, looks Monday-bound. Conventional wisdom has it that Fox should use a reliable performer like House to launch its highest-profile new series, and that has been the scenario most speculated about. But, Terra Nova has tested great as a four-quadrant show with a very broad appeal, so I won't be surprised if Fox decides to make a switch and put Terra Nova at 8 PM to capture the family audience. Terra Nova doesn't really need a lead-in - after all it's a Steven Spielberg-produced show with dinosaurs - so it could be a self-starter like Glee proved to be this season. And House is probably better suited for 9 PM.

i'll be surprised if this series premieres on time with all the production problems it has been having.....

Now here is the problem I have with the show's premise. So in the future the world is becoming uninhabitable. So they go into the past to live there. Won't this screw everything up and create a paradox?

Also, if they have to go into the past why would they go back to the time of the dinosaurs? Best case scenario is everything goes well and society thrives once again only to be obliterated by the same asteroid that killed the dinosaurs in the first place.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

8 pm Eastern/7 pm central on Monday will be its time this Fall.
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...nounced/92714/

The premise of saving the human race by traveling back to dinosaur times really doesn't sit well with me. Is it a causality loop, these humans end up fathering the human race later? That's the kind of thing Braga would do. I guess the characters assume they can rebuild their society in this prehistoric setting, then build space ships to colonize other planets, and erase evidence of their being on Earth so as not to disturb the timeline? Otherwise, I would think you've just traded one extinction level event for another.

I remember seeing a short trailer for this but forget what was actually shown. Did they plan on going back to the age of dinosaurs or did their time machine malfunction?

All I know is that now would be a good time for Mattel to dust off Dino-Riders(I think they have the rights).

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Won't this screw everything up and create a paradox?
    This is exactly what I was thinking! It's a huge paradox! It's what Back To The Future was all about! Those people colonizing the past would end up being their own ancestors.

Best case scenario is everything goes well and society thrives once again only to be obliterated by the same asteroid that killed the dinosaurs in the first place.
    LOL, right!

It will be interesting to see how they handle the paradox thing.

here is a trailer:

Well it looks pretty expensive, and the money shot is basically what a lot of us Lost fans wanted to see at end of the first season (cloud monster my phooey!). I guess Stephen Lang was ready to play Quarritch again sooner than Cameron was to resurrect him. But somehow I sense the melodrama with the family may take way more screen time than it deserves. If this tanks, that's it for sci-fi on TV. Fox will probably cancel Fringe too just to say "heck with you, sci-fi geeks!"

We're just one day a way from its debut.

I'm really looking forward to this show. I hope it is well written!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

HD figures on youtube
    I'll be watching for sure, hope we can all come to this thread tomarrow night and give our thoughts after seeing it. Just remember to give a spoiler warning for those who have yet to see it(even though they should keep thier asses out of the thread in til they do anyway),

I dunno if I'm gona watch it, but it does sound hilarious! I love how any group of humans could POSSIBLY think that this was a good idea. I mean...the amount of things that could go wrong and will go wrong are off the charts! Perhaps they just don't care about what they change in the past since the future is so cruddy. Or heck, maybe they just figure that they were supposed to go back in time, 'cause if they do that means that they did, so it already happened and whatever results from it is what was supposed to happen AGH TIME TRAVEL!

Something so ridiculous has got to be at least worth a look.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I agree that the idea of going back to the era of dinosaurs sounds like suicide, but maybe they do so since 1)that's the only opening in the fabric of time that's open to them or 2)if they go to a time without humans, there's less chance they'll damage the future's timeline.

JOIN THE GROUP...

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Harness the power!!
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    The premise of saving the human race by traveling back to dinosaur times really doesn't sit well with me. Is it a causality loop, these humans end up fathering the human race later? That's the kind of thing Braga would do. I guess the characters assume they can rebuild their society in this prehistoric setting, then build space ships to colonize other planets, and erase evidence of their being on Earth so as not to disturb the timeline? Otherwise, I would think you've just traded one extinction level event for another.
    i'll be surprised if this series premieres on time with all the production problems it has been having.....

Now here is the problem I have with the show's premise. So in the future the world is becoming uninhabitable. So they go into the past to live there. Won't this screw everything up and create a paradox?

Also, if they have to go into the past why would they go back to the time of the dinosaurs? Best case scenario is everything goes well and society thrives once again only to be obliterated by the same asteroid that killed the dinosaurs in the first place.
    From what i've read, they are going back to a point where there is a split in the time stream. So the road they are on leads to a different "future" leaving theirs intact.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Besides, at 85 million years, I wonder if our time would really matter all that much. I read somewhere, the further back you go in time, the less likely you are to have a 'Butterfly Effect.' Not to mention the fact that I doubt humanity would last the 20 million years or so when the meteor hits and wipes out most of the planet anyway. It just wouldn't matter, all that technology and anything else sent back then would be useless and unrecognizable by the time humanity started digging for dinosaurs LOL
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; September 27, 2011 at 05:06pm.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor