Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Terra Nova Talkback *SPOILERS*

Episodes 2 and 3, which were just filler eps, were really weak but I did enjoy last weeks episode.

The "Sixers" were the antagonists which really helped the episode. If TN would concentrate more on them the show would be much better.

I still think the real problem with the show is that the "heroes" just aren't that interesting. The real saving grace in the show is Stephen Lang.

I enjoyed the pilot, the 2nd episode I didn't hate but it wasn't great 3rd ep I didn't watch because it was starting to feel like 'problem of the week' programming and I hate that. I want a long arc with these problems woven through, rather than 'big issue, solved what's next?" haven't sen the latest ep.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    My wife and I like the show.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Has this show been canceled yet?
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Has this show been canceled yet?
    The ratings have been decent. If they can at least maintain them, I think it will get a renewal. They can always cut some costs if they want to save on the budget, plus they have all the sets built, so a second season wouldn't cost as much anyways. I've been enjoying the series so far.

Watched episode 5 on Mon. All the way through I was just waiting for that little girl to say "Dinosaurs mostly come out at night, mostly"
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I enjoyed the season finale. They left enough things open for another season. The ship thing in the badlands was interesting. In about the middle of the season, I was thinking the whole thing with Taylor's son and the sixers vs. Taylor would have some shades of gray on who was right and who was wrong, but Taylor came out smelling like roses.

I hope it gets renewed, but we may not know for awhile. The ratings were ok enough, but it is a pricey show. It probably depends on how other new Fox shows do.

I love this show! I'm now on episode 2 and its so much fun. Decent special effects, a cast of unknowns, mixed with some seasoned actors. It sure beats reality tv, faility tv and American Idol Got Talent Season 2'346. Its a show made with caring and pride in the work, and it shows.

I can't wait to see more!

Bummer. Fox cancels Terra Nova.

deadline.com:
    ‘Terra Nova’ Cancelled By Fox: Chernin Series Will Be Shopped To Other Networks

UPDATED: There will be no second season of pre-historic drama Terra Nova on Fox. The network’s brass just made the decision after weeks of exploring potential Season 2 tweaks to the series set 85 million years in the past. Fox had to make the decision early so the show could make a fall return if renewed. Despite its pedigree — produced by Steven Spielberg and Peter Chernin – Terra Nova did not become a runaway hit, but its decent ratings, coupled with strong international sales for sibling 20th Century Fox TV, which produces the series, were keeping renewal hopes alive. 20th TV now plans to shop Terra Nova, starring Jason O’Mara and Stephen Lang, to other networks. At TCA in January, Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly was non-committal when asked about the future of the series. “If this is all we make (of Terra Nova), we made money on it, the studio made money on it, and it seems to have resonated with the family audience,” he said. “There is a show, which if we are to bring back, there’s an audience there. But creatively, the show was hunting (for its identity). If we had more holes in our network, we’d be thrilled to lock that right in.”

It is interesting that from what I hear, it was Reilly who made the call to cancel Terra Nova, while it was his boss, Peter Rice, who championed and bought the project exactly two years ago. With House ending its run and Terra Nova gone, Fox has three more dramas on the bubble: two with slim chances of renewal — midseason entries Alcatraz and The Finder — and Fringe, which could clinch a 13-episode pickup if the budget can be pared down significantly. The new Kiefer Sutherland series Touch premieres later this month.

With its elaborate sets (some 259 of them built in Australia) and post-production, it took 16 months for Terra Nova to get on the air after first announced at Fox’s 2010 upfront. It was the first series order for Chernin’s then-recently launched production company, which had several series commitments at Fox built into its deal. (Because of the long lead time for Terra Nova, it got on the air this past fall along with 2 other Chernin Entertainment series, breakout comedy hit New Girl and animated comedy Allen Gregory, which has been canceled). Terra Nova had its share of issues during production of its first 13-episode season. For starters, Craig Silverstein, who co-wrote the pilot script with British scribe Kelly Marcel, was not available because his CW pilot Nikita was picked up to series. Terra Nova recruited Brennan Braga as showrunner. Rene Echevarria was then brought in to run the show with him, the series went through 2 writing staffs and took longer to cast than originally planned, incurring a $660,000 charge for delaying the start of production. In the end, Terra Nova, whose budget was $14 million for the two-hour pilot and about $4 million for the subsequent episodes, not including Australian tax breaks, premiered last fall with one of Fox’s most hyped launches. It was a steady but modestly-rated performer and a big DVR gainer. The series two-hour season finale drew a 2.2/6 in adults 18-49 and 7.2 million viewers, in line with the show’s season average, which wasn’t big enough to seal a renewal but not too small to warrant an automatic cancellation.

Then the waiting game began.

20th TV and the Terra Nova producers proactively began approaching potential showrunner and senior producer level writers about joining the series for next season in order to elevate the writing on the show. The network was pitched several potential new executive producers as well as Season 2 ideas. Reilly, who I hear was never a big fan of Terra Nova, didn’t spark to any of the plans. The studio’s last-ditch effort was on Friday, when another prospective showrunner was taken to the network to meet wit Reilly. Despite the meeting reportedly going well, Reilly today decided to pull the plug. While not unexpected, the cancellation of a series that hails from such big auspices and is a moneymaker for Fox’s sister studio, was a surprise.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Bummer. Fox cancels Terra Nova.

:
    Now would be a great time to bring back Firefly

Bad part is I didn't watch this show. I read about it, sounded interesting, but fell off my radar.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I guess this is good news for Fringe, right? Both Terra Nova and House ending this season should free up dollars for Fringe. Then again, this could be a bloodbath.

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Now would be a great time to bring back Firefly

Bad part is I didn't watch this show. I read about it, sounded interesting, but fell off my radar.
    Same here only I did watch it for a couple of episodes, but soon lost track of it. I thought it seemed better than Falling Skies at least. God I wish they'd bring back Firefly, but it seems like everyone who made it has moved on.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    No Loss, we watched it, but It bored me. It was a soap with time travel. Great cast VERY underused and now sadly a lot of Freinds will be out of their jobs. they were all prepping for a solid 6 months work!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

It might not be dead quite yet. Season 2 on Netflix?

deadline:
    EXCLUSIVE: Netflix is already bringing back one cancelled 20th Century Fox TV series, the Emmy-winning Arrested Development. Now the video streaming giant is taking a look at another, drama Terra Nova. I hear that 20th TV and Netflix have been in talks about keeping the pre-historic drama alive. My sources stress that the conversations are preliminary and it is unclear if they will materialize into a negotiation, but for fans of the series left heartbroken by Fox’s decision on Monday not to pick it up for a second season, this is still encouraging news. Immediately after Fox made its cancellation decision, 20th TV made it clear that it would try hard to find a new home for the series and shop it to other networks.

It would make a sense for Terra Nova, a Top 10 DVR gainer, to get a second live on a streaming service like Netflix. During its freshman run, the series‘ 18-49 rating grew on average 44% in Live+7 vs. Live+Same say. In Live+7, the drama starring Jason O’Mara logged a respectable 3.6/9 among adults 18-49. 20th TV, which declined comment, too has an incentive to keep Terra Nova alive as the series, featuring CGI dinosaurs and branded with executive producer Steven Spielberg’s name, is a big international seller. But making a second season work financially without a lucrative broadcast network license fee would be very challenging. Yet, 20th and Netflix already reached an agreement once on a high-end show, a new season of Arrested Development, so while not very likely, a deal for Terra Nova won’t be impossible. Keep the faith, fans….

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I guess this is good news for Fringe, right? Both Terra Nova and House ending this season should free up dollars for Fringe. Then again, this could be a bloodbath.
    doesn't work that way.

HD figures on youtube
    Yeah, knew it would happen after I saw the first episode.

Not that surprised and not that bothered TBH.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    This sucks. Shows that are good always get cancelled. This was a good show and it was finally something that the whole family could enjoy! There aren't very many family friendly shows anymore. I think this is why TV ratings across the board are down. Why invest the time watching a new show when it's bound to be cancelled after the first season?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The negotations with Netflix didn't come through, so it will need a miracle to return now.

Terra Nova Season 1 was just added to Netflix, now I get to enjoy this great show all over again. I highly recommend it to any sci-fi fan, dinosaur fan, or anyone that is sick of 'reality tv'.

I'm now rewatching the show, and honestly, I don't know why it failed. It had a great, fresh cast (and Stephen Lang who people enjoy), tons of quality special effects for a television show, and lots of little surprises. The cinematography is beautiful, and you can see quality in every single episode. This show was made with heart. Did I mention Dinosaurs?!

The truth of it is, it seems the majority of tv watchers just want to soak in trashy, tasteless reality tv and obnoxious teen/tween filth.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; October 9, 2012 at 01:30pm.

Movie mayhem!
    I don't know... I can see why. I enjoyed the show but it just felt very dated in the way it was written.

I really enjoyed this show when it was on, even attended a panel for it at Wondercon in April 2011. Such a shame it did not last longer.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

I also enjoyed the first season but I'm so used to shows getting canned now.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app