Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has it been confirmed that the vehicle that we're getting is NOT the Battle Ram?

Heroic Warrior

Has it been confirmed that the vehicle that we're getting is NOT the Battle Ram?

I was wondering if Toy Guru was pulling a red herring on us and that maybe the 4 Horsemen showed off the Battle Ram before it was announced. Now, assuming we are getting an all new vehicle, I would expect we would see a Battle Ram as a next vehicle since the prototype has been crafted. However, since it was crafted so long ago, and it just so happens that the 4H make a Battle Ram at the time that Toy Guru announced we're getting vehicles, it seems too much of a coincidence. Granted, you could say the same with Toy Guru & co wanting to bring back MOTU again & the 4H crafting a MOTUC He-Man proto, but I find that one more believable than the coincidence with the vehicle. So, with that said, are we truly getting a new vehicle, or did we find Battle Ram as are Christmas present too early & Mattel is trying to play it off. Mind you, I'm not complaining, because I love the Battle Ram, and sadly, it's one of the vintage vehicles I never owned. And with the Wind Raider being as iconic a vehicle as BR & a good candidate for 1st vehicle, I know in my heart I'd rather a mobile missle launcher with sky sled over a plane with a grappling hook.
    Last edited by grenadaspice; February 7, 2011 at 09:12am.

Heroic Warrior
    Totally agree with you there. For me the WR is the first thing that comes to my mind when I think about a Motu vehicle. BUT: it is Battle Ram that I'd like to see first.

To the best of my knowledge, he has neither confirmed or denied exactly what vehicle it is going to be. I think(without using my weak search-fu) he has stated it is going to be a midsize vehicle though.

I'll be happy with either the Battle Ram(never had it) or the Wind Raider(was my 1st motu vehicle).

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    I never knew about the prototype Battle Ram until this thread, so my thought was that the first vehicle was sure to be the Wind Raider. Now I'm leaning a little more toward the Battle Ram. But I am looking forward to either.

I hope it is Battle Ram now we've already seen it.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

If we were to only get one vehicle in this line, I'd like it to be that Battle Ram. As iconic as the Wind Raider is, I actually want the Talon Fighter more, especially if they give us a really cool Point Dread.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    From what TG and the Great Papier Mache Head have said thus far, it looks like we might get the front end of the Battle Ram, namely the Sky Sled, if they decide to do that particular vehicle. I got the distinct impression that the full Battle Ram is a bigger fish than they want to tackle now.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

According to my memory, TG said the first vehicle isn't the Battle Ram.
    And since the 4H showed their prototype at SDCC I'm nearly sure it can't be the BAttle Ram.
    Mattel always keeps secret such announcement.

I have to agree with the grumpy old dragon... but I've learned to never trust the out of the blue announcements from those 2... (Matty and TG) about 50% of the time they reek of misdirection.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I loved that Battle Ram, so I hope we'll see it eventually. I wanted to see a figure on that prototype just to get a sense of what it would look like, but nobody did.

I'm hoping it is the Battle Ram, but I'm just glad to get any vehicle.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Now that we know the Horsemen will sculpt it, i hope itīs the
    Wind Raider[IMG][/IMG]

Heroic Warrior
    Does anyone have a link to the pic of the proto type?

Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post
    According to my memory, TG said the first vehicle isn't the Battle Ram.
    You're correct. TG said the first vehicle ISN'T the Battle Ram.
    The 4H created that Battle Ram prototype "for fun".
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KryptonianMike View Post
    Does anyone have a link to the pic of the proto type?
    http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=1440

there's the video from that was posted in the news section last year

*edit* not saying that is the vehicle we're getting or the prototype of it, just that's something the 4H did that happened to be the Battle Ram *end edit*
    Last edited by slackrguy; February 7, 2011 at 01:56pm.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post
    According to my memory, TG said the first vehicle isn't the Battle Ram. And since the 4H showed their prototype at SDCC I'm nearly sure it can't be the BAttle Ram. Mattel always keeps secret such announcement.
    I think a lot of folks were thinking history might repeat itself; it was the Horsemen's "just for fun" He-Man figure at SDCC that eventually became the line in question.

It is possible that they might do a Sky Sled, which TECHNICALLY wouldn't be a Battle Ram. It would be about the smallest of the proper MOTU vehicles I can think of, and that would make it the most likely for them to try first.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I think a lot of folks were thinking history might repeat itself; it was the Horsemen's "just for fun" He-Man figure at SDCC that eventually became the line in question.

It is possible that they might do a Sky Sled, which TECHNICALLY wouldn't be a Battle Ram. It would be about the smallest of the proper MOTU vehicles I can think of, and that would make it the most likely for them to try first.
    TG has stated that the vehicle will be mid-sized. It won't just be a sky sled.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

If it is FOR SURE not The Battle Ram I think it would be VERY smart for them to tell us that now, instead of waiting until they actually reveal what the vehicle is. I'm sure whatever they do will be cool, but because that prototype was SO awesome there are a lot of us who want that AS FAST AS POSSIBLE, thus will be slightly disappointed by any other reveal. But if we know it's not going to be the first one ahead of time we can better manage our expectations.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

It's going to be the Battle Ram.

As cheap as Mattel is, I find it very hard to believe they'd commission the 4H to sculpt a new vehicle when they've already done one just for the hell of it.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I personally think that it was all a ploy to gauge opinion about a Vehicle in the line.

I think the BR reveal at SDCC was 'Blood in the water' to see the feeding frenzy! so I feel pretty confident we will see BR this year!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior
    I would like to know, how most figures should sit in the vehicles, when the loincloths are so sturdy...

I want that Battle Ram, but I will be happy with anything. I'm particularly hoping for the Wind Raider. I want 'em all!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFWTK 2.49 View Post
    4. Zargon:
    Since Castle Grayskull's price has been estimated to be $200-$300 (when and if it happens) and figures/beasts run from $20-$40, what would be the estimated prices of the upcoming vehicle(s) by size? (small = Sky Sled-sized, medium = Land Shark-sized, large = Spydor-sized)

It is a bit too early to tell, but a mid-sized vehicle like the one planned for fall 2011 will likely run between $30 to $50 dollars depending on how complex it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty's Pryde Nov 15th Q&A View Post
    We realize you can’t reveal too much about the vehicle to be released next fall. It was stated that the Battle Ram was not necessarily going to be the first vehicle, so has the first vehicle been decided on yet? If so, is there a hint you can give us?

It is actually still in the air. We are reviewing costs and features. We hope to have this to announce at SDCC 2011.
    Depends whether you consider the Battle Ram small enough to be "mid-sized" on that sort of scale. It ain't the Sky Sled alone, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    As cheap as Mattel is, I find it very hard to believe they'd commission the 4H to sculpt a new vehicle when they've already done one just for the hell of it.
    Oh, it wasn't for the hell of it. It was a spec script in three-dimensional form, an unprompted audition for the vehicle-sculpting gig.

And Mattel would have to pay the same to use the Battle Ram the 4H already sculpted as to have a whole new BR done as a result.

I have a feeling it is onna be the battle ram. They might have shown it to us to early. So what will happen is that we all I tensions of releasing whatever bedtime wi,l be next but being the horseman had this prototype is was ( the cheaper to make excuse ). You'll see
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    That Battle Ram looks fantastic! I can't imagine Mattel sitting on that design for too long, as that would be just mean.

hasnt battle bnes been trademarked for a while? maybe they are considering battle bones a vehicle and not a beast?! just my guess