Thread: What to do with the artwork boxes?

What to do with the artwork boxes?

I kept the boxes for Modulok, Multibot, wind Raider and Talon Fighter but they are taking up space and in the way. Has anyone done anything fun or creative with them? They look too nice to toss.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I was using them as display stands. Since I moved I have them all packed inside the Castle Grayskull box but I plan on putting them back out on display when I have my "man cave" cleaned out.

I recently started a thread on the same topic.

I usually put boxes like that inside other boxes or you can flatten it to store/keep it or cut the front off to at least keep the artwork.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

I was keeping all of them, but I finally had to cave and toss em out. Once you start stockpiling empty cardboard boxes... old newspapers, rotten food and cat poop are right around the corner.
    Last edited by Battle Ham; July 18, 2017 at 12:40pm.
    HEY, SUPER 7! I'M PUTTING MY MONEY WHERE MY MOUTH IS! LET'S KICKSTART SNAKE MOUNTAIN!

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    I keep all mine, I want to frame them all.
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I kept the boxes for Modulok, Multibot, wind Raider and Talon Fighter but they are taking up space and in the way. Has anyone done anything fun or creative with them? They look too nice to toss.
    Why not flatten the boxes and if you are like me using bookshelves to display the figures on you can use the boxes art out to line the back of the bookshelf.

The best way I have found to do this is to use stacked books to ensure the box remains flat by pressing it for a few days then I attach with thumbtacks or small roofers nails through the outside edges, but you may want to attach with funtack or another less damaging method.

Just off the top of my head some ideas.
    You can also fairly easily cut the art from the box and frame it at your local craft store, or even make shadowboxes with the art in the rear of the shadow box, and space for a figure or two to stand in front of the art, making it a background.

The sideart on some of the larger boxes can even be used in this kind of project to make "Castle" wall backgrounds.

You can usually store several mailer and bubble boxes inside a single foot locker. These fit easily into closet bottoms and the like. This prevents the boxes from being a clutter and potential fire hazard if you want to keep them intact to re-card your figures for display.