Thread: Talon Fighter/Point Dread in MOTUC

Hybrid View

Talon Fighter/Point Dread in MOTUC

Now that we're getting at least one vehicle this year I'm already starting to speculate on how awesome a 4Horsemen sculpted Talon Fighter would be.

The way the decals were actually sculpted on the prototype BattleRam, has got me thinking.
    There aren't too many on the outside of the ship, but the cockpit!!

There's more levers and button's than on the USS Enterprise.
    Notepads, scrolls and even a magazine or manual are lying on the various consoles.

I guess during rush hour traffic He-man likes to read?

And then in the back of the cabin is the funniest label ever.
    I want these to be removable accessories please.

If people don't have one handy or know I'll describe them.
    There's a fire extinguisher. (makes sense)
    A first-aid kit. (Good idea)
    A set of spanners. (Very practical)
    Binoculars. (Never know when you gonna need these)
    An axe and laser rifle( No warrior of eternia should leave his hut without 'em)
    And the best of all...
    Fly swatter. (Nothing worse than having a damn andrenid buzzing against the windscreens while your cruising in your ride)

I guess they could release the Talon Fighter first as a large vehicle and then if that does well, later release the Point dread.

Both would be quite pricey I imagine, but would sell that spare kidney to have these on my shelf.

I'd love a Talon Fighter, Point Dread I don't think they can do right without having it cost a fortune or look cheap.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

The Point Dread station is a very simple design with few parts. I think it is the PERFECT item to test the marketability of vehicles for this line, because you get both a vehicle and mini-playset out of it!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    The Point Dread station is a very simple design with few parts. I think it is the PERFECT item to test the marketability of vehicles for this line, because you get both a vehicle and mini-playset out of it!
    I love Point Dread and Talon Fighter. But in MOTUC neither one should be a "simple design". Especially Point Dread should get a massive update. While looking at the classic toy, there are so many design flaws in there, with basically everything on the outside being too small to fit any MOTU figure. Just look at those steps leading up, they are completely out of scale. A MOTUC Point Dread really needs to be updated to fit the scale of MOTUC figures. And when doing so, the playset suddenly becomes quite large.
    No doubt it would still sell for $50, even if the Talon Fighter would come separately at another $50. But somehow I doubt seeing it happen in the near future.

There's nothing I'd like more in MOTUC than Point Dread and the Talon Fighter.
    I'd take them over Castle Grayskull any day.

It would be nice to expand Point Dread to the equivalent size of (e.g.) the Nordor playset. Not sure how it would clip onto a future Castle Grayskull, though. Maybe it could be designed that only a portion of Point Dread attaches, or perhaps Grayskull itself could have a perch for the Talon Fighter, and Point Dread could be left as a separate entity.

I think I'm getting ahead of myself. Maybe (maybe!) if the 2011 vehicle does well, we might see the Talon Fighter in 2012 and Point Dread in 2013.

Point Dread has possibly the coolest name in all of MOTU. The Taon Fighter is a classic among classics. They should both be in Classics, of course! I drool at teh idea of seeing the Horsemen's take on them.

By the way, I would love to see any pics of the Vintage interior...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Should the Talon Fighter ensure enough room for 2 figures?

Yes

I would much rather load up and spend my money on Vintage MOTU vehicles/play sets than on Bow, Shadow Stuff, Preternia Straighty, Catra, etc. I went from 3 subscriptions to 1 this year, and the way things are going I will go to zero in 2012. I am happy for all the people on this site that enjoy POP, NA, etc., but for me, its all vintage. I would rather spend $40 a figure and get all the vintage than have to spend $20 and get a bunch of figures I just eBay. I am sure I will get castrated for my post, but I am just saying!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    I would much rather load up and spend my money on Vintage MOTU vehicles/play sets than on Bow, Shadow Stuff, Preternia Straighty, Catra, etc. I went from 3 subscriptions to 1 this year, and the way things are going I will go to zero in 2012. I am happy for all the people on this site that enjoy POP, NA, etc., but for me, its all vintage. I would rather spend $40 a figure and get all the vintage than have to spend $20 and get a bunch of figures I just eBay. I am sure I will get castrated for my post, but I am just saying!
    I'm right there with ya!(Except for the $40 a figure part) I'd gladly sacrifice tooling for new PoP figures to get some vintage vehicles and playsets made. One of my favorite things about Masters as a kid was all the different vehicles I had, and to me, MOTUC won't be complete until we get those too.

I think Point Dread and the Talon Fighter should be separate releases, I'd gladly pay $50-$60 for a good, correctly scaled version of each with all the bells and whistles. I wouldn't even mind it if Point Dread didn't connect to a future Castle Grayskull, seeing as how if it were scaled to MOTUC size, a Castle Grayskull would be plenty big already.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    I'm right there with ya!(Except for the $40 a figure part) I'd gladly sacrifice tooling for new PoP figures to get some vintage vehicles and playsets made. One of my favorite things about Masters as a kid was all the different vehicles I had, and to me, MOTUC won't be complete until we get those too.

I think Point Dread and the Talon Fighter should be separate releases, I'd gladly pay $50-$60 for a good, correctly scaled version of each with all the bells and whistles. I wouldn't even mind it if Point Dread didn't connect to a future Castle Grayskull, seeing as how if it were scaled to MOTUC size, a Castle Grayskull would be plenty big already.
    Bells and whistles

I love the break glass in case of fire!
    Those details would look amazing sculpted.

Would the Talon fighter still need the pistol grip handle in MOTUC?
    I personaly think they could do away with it or at least scale it down.
    I'm sure it wasn't drawn in the mini-comics.

Point Dread & Talon Fighter are definitely my most-wanted in the playset/vehicle/diorama category. I have the original on my MOTUC display case and it looks great, but would look even better beefed up a bit 4H/MOTUC-style. The only problem is, I can't see how any of the figures would really sit inside the Talon Fighter they way they've been designed.

Point Dread

Will there be a spot atop the new Castle Greyskull for a future Point Dread to fit?

I'd like to see this kind of planning, just in case the line moved forward enough to include it. Point Dread was an awesome, smaller, playset and has a great back-story - especially in "The Power of Point Dread"!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I think it would be smart of them to do that. Most fans would like to add on to their CG to make it the ultimate playset, I would think. Especially with a Point Dread. I know I would!
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    PD was a favorite of mine. My old PD is perched atop my original CG right now, in fact.

I'd buy one. And I don't buy everything.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

I hope they make one. PD was the playset I always wanted when I was little.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Snappy Threader
    Oh Yeah I hope they make a spot and I hope they make Point Dread......

Heroic Warrior

Point dread on blueprint....a possibility?

I saw on blueprint Point Dread.....I hope that is a tell-tell sign of future release.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    We got the Battle ram, so who knows? Anything is possible, but is Point Dread and the Talon Fighter Likely? It's a large vehicle (two seater) and a play set in size comparable to the Slime Pit. They are still sitting on a pile of Grayskulls. I just don't see it happening. I think it's inclusion in the art was for the sake of including various bits about the Castle from various sources.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Heroic Warrior
    I hope so. I think a lot will depend on how the Battle Ram sells.

Point Dread was originally planned with Castle Grayskull (they showed some sketch). Am I wrong?
    Anyway, I really want this and the Talon Fighter, and even the Attack Track to complete also the second wave.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

I would love for that to come true.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

honestly if I could afford it the fan made Point Dread is perfect. However an offical point dread would be tops. A Talon Fighter? Of course that'd be great.

Oh sure, I'd rather a Roton so the vilians had some love, but of course I'd want an official Point Dread/Talon fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    honestly if I could afford it the fan made Point Dread is perfect. However an offical point dread would be tops. A Talon Fighter? Of course that'd be great.

Oh sure, I'd rather a Roton so the vilians had some love, but of course I'd want an official Point Dread/Talon fighter.
    For me to be completely satisfied with Classics (vehicle wise) I'd want:

*Talon Fighter & Point Dread
    *Attak Trak
    *Roton

Don't think we're gonna get them unfortunately.
    ***Previously abaddon_31 on the Matty Collector Message Boards***
    MASS REJECTION ~ FRESH MEAT is coming www.facebook.com/massrejection

I would be all over point dread, however dread sums it up when it comes to the cost.