Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DCUC vs MOTUC Hawkman vs Stratos Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

DCUC vs MOTUC Hawkman vs Stratos Video Review by Pixel Dan

Another set that has been in stores for a while now, but a very cool set nonetheless! Enjoy the video!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Great review (as always!) KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DAN!
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Nice review!

I really don't understand the artwork on these new sets. No love went into it.
    I mean, it is 200X Stratos in the art!
    Doesn't that "confuse buyers"?

This is the only series 2 set that I was able to find. Not having Stratos originally, I have to say that this is a great set IMO. It's main downfall to me was the lack of sword & shield that Hawkman had in his DCUC release. Otherwise, I am thrilled to own this set. Hopefully I will get lucky & score the blue Mer-Man set.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    thumbs up.
    Does Galactus fart?

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I was lucky enough to buy the Stratos from a fellow .Orger, and I Hes awesome. Finally the Stratos I had as a 11 year old is in my MOTUC collection. there are some subtle differences in the paint,plastic etc. But the biggest difference on mine was poseable wings!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Great review as always.

TRU really needs to send these to the UK. I want a red wing Stratos, but not enough to pay evilbay prices!

The advert that came up for me before the video said "we love Logistics"
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    Awsome reviews on both sets. so glad i got these guys. seems that mattel is theming these sets each time they release them, wonder what the next themes will be.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Great review. I'm glad they fixed the bird.

Great review, Dan. I still need to find both of these sets! My TRU just got in more of wave one today.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I wish they had these sets in Australia

Heroic Warrior
    nice review. i dont have the regular stratos, so would the jetpack being removable from the rest of the harness considered a difference between versions?

Great review. At first I was thinking of selling the ones I have, but I love the blue merman. I was unsure of the stratos hawkman set, and after seeing the review Im glad I bought it.

I disagree with you on the blue/red thing. His wings are red damn you! lol Also, I like all your little "Pixel Dan" action figure images and stuff. They dont look like you though .... they are buff, and handsome. The only way you can tell who they are supposed to be is because they say your name on their shirt. You need a ram-man-esque figure, something with a little more girth but still totally you and totally awesome.

Anyways, keep it up. You're the reason I visit the main page every day!
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    2 things...

"Basic" artwork? Call it what it is...dog vomit.

"Should still be available..."? I haven't seen them yet...anyone in Northern VA seen these guys?

Great review, Dan. I understand you have to be PC since Matty does send you the figures for review...but more should have been said about the abysmal art and "poster".

=======================

Oh!

One other thing...

Dan, are those the outlines of the Towers of Eternia that we can see (in shadow) in the background as the camera pans to the left, passing Castle Grayskull???
    Last edited by Larry Waters; February 9, 2011 at 12:25am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    2 things...

"Basic" artwork? Call it what it is...dog vomit.

"Should still be available..."? I haven't seen them yet...anyone in Northern VA seen these guys?

Great review, Dan. I understand you have to be PC since Matty does send you the figures for review...but more should have been said about the abysmal art and "poster".

=======================

Oh!

One other thing...

Dan, are those the outlines of the Towers of Eternia that we can see (in shadow) in the background as the camera pans to the left, passing Castle Grayskull???
    If all the posters linked to make 1 massive picture of all the face-offs, even though not amazing artwork, it would be a hell of a lot cooler. As it is, I agree ... pretty terrible. The first series I want to open for the comic, fortunately I have them on my computer. I DID want to open these new ones, but those posters are laughable.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Great review! Just wish I could find the damn set.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    All I can say is wish I could find these damn things. Especially since the price is a little bit more reasonable now.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Another great review.

Still waiting for this and the Aquaman/Mer-Man to show up in any of the TRU around here!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    As always, nice review! I've never been a big fan of Stratos, and never cared to even look for the variant but I think I agree that he looks bettetr this way. I just might pick him up.

Great review bro.

This is a set I really want. I like the Stratos colors & I'm a huge Hawkman fan.

I hope when Mattel gets around to releasing a DC vs. MOTUC Teela vs, I want Hawkgirl to be her counterpart. Hawkgirl is right up there as a warrior woman who uses hardcore weapons & would be perfect for the set.

Back to THIS set, those Stratos colors are awesome. I still like the original colors better but this is a good way to switch things up just like they did way back when.
    I want my other half.

I wouldn't mind this Stratos but I'm not willing pay ebay prices just for him, maybe if TRU UK got them.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I like the red winged Stratos better, because that's how I know him best. Stratos would have been a lot more interesting if he came with Beastman's feet and an accessory like the Staff of Avion. From this 2-pack, I was interested in Hawkman. He's an awesome figure! However, after doing some research I found out that this Hawkman is incomplete. It doesn't come with his Sword and Shield. He even has a belt loop to store his Sword in. So this 2-pack is not for me. I decided to get DCUC Wave 6 Hawkman instead to get the extra accessories.

Last edited by synthalus; February 10, 2011 at 11:03am.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    Great review! Just wish I could find the damn set.
    I found out recently that there is a Scalp-or in CT, and he is a .org member, so that bleepity-bleep is the reason I don't have a set yet. Rest assured, when I learn his s/n here and on evil-bay, he will be outed for all to see.

I'd love to pick this two pack up if either TRU here in Tulsa would carry it.

Great review as always.

I have yet to see DCUC VS MOTUC Wave 2 at the ToysRus near me. I'm hoping to see them soon since this is how Stratos should have always looked and I also love both characters in the pack. My problem with the art is less about talent(I don't think it's that bad) and more about the fact that Stratos doesn't look like MOTUC Stratos. I also wanted another MOTU comic reprint and not a comic sized "poster".
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!