Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matty to offer free shipping on stands 1/19! (Offer now expired)

Matty to offer free shipping on stands 1/19! (Offer now expired)

Quote Originally Posted by MattyCollector Facebook
    For a short time this morning, Grayskull stands weren’t available for purchase. If you placed an order during that time for other products and couldn’t add them but you’d still like the stands, order them by TOMORROW 1/19 at Noon PT/3pm ET and Digital River will refund the additional shipping costs for placing separate orders.

The orders will ship separately so nothing will be held up, but you’ll pay only the shipping costs you would have if they’d been ordered together. And if you already placed separate orders for the stands earlier today, you’ll automatically be refunded the difference. http://bit.ly/fe8uu7 (Please note, if you did NOT place an order for additional products and you order the stands, you’ll be charged the standard shipping fees.)
    I will believe the refund claim when I see it
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

So what do I have to do to get my refund? I don't trust them enough to "automatically" do it.

If they do indeed eventually restock on Vikor, can I get him grouped into my existing order too?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    So what do I have to do to get my refund? If they do indeed eventually restock on Vikor, can I get him grouped into my existing order too?
    Apparently nothing, according to their post if you made 2 orders today (1 for just stands and 1 for everything else) you will get the difference refunded. I suppose you can post on MattyCollector forums or call Digital River and make sure.

I do not trust Digital River to be competent enough to make this deal function so I am still budgeting the extra $9
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

So I have to order the stands again? I may be reading it wrong but it doesn't seem to make sense

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    What if I placed my order for the guards and then placed a second order for the stands, but never finished the transaction? They're still in my cart. Would I get a refund if I finish it now?
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

If this goes off without a hitch, then good for Matty. It's good to see them stepping up to the plate on a problem.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I called today and complained and got free shipping.

I'm in no way putting in anyones face but they did help me today. So its a good thing they are doing this tomorrow.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    i had a little trouble this morning ordering the stands due cause it said it wouldnt ship to my country (USA, go figure) but after i retyped my info it accepted it just fine

Good. I'll post here if I get the refund.

I don't trust DR to automatically refund my shipping, either. I'll believe it when I see it.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

same, let's keep a record on who is getting the refund and who isn't to measure how successful this is and to keep it fair for all.

Court Magician
    I just bought some stands since I couldn't get them earlier when I ordered the guards and Venkman. I'll be looking for this refund too.

how exactly will we see this refund?
    Does a credit appear on your bank account? i'll check my bank/card account tomorrow and if i don't see the $9 credit, i'm calling DR.

Or is that refund some sort of coupon for applying to future purchases?

Either way i want those $9 back.

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

Quote Originally Posted by JOXE View Post
    how exactly will we see this refund?
    Does a credit appear on your bank account? i'll check my bank/card account tomorrow and if i don't see the $9 credit, i'm calling DR.

Or is that refund some sort of coupon for applying to future purchases?

Either way i want those $9 back.
    I would assume they would just "charge" the discounted amount, remember we have only been AUTHORIZED the total but its up to Digital River to submit the actual charge amount

hmmmmm......

I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    That was one of my first reactions

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    That was one of my first reactions
    same here

Perfecto. Good on Mattel to handle this so quickly for anyone who was upset.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I would assume they would just "charge" the discounted amount, remember we have only been AUTHORIZED the total but its up to Digital River to submit the actual charge amount
    both purchases (1. guards; 2. stands) appear "on hold", so let's see what happens.

hope it's not a trap.

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

Well, we'll see if I get the refund. They owe me $10.55 exactly for the second order I placed. I had initially called up Matty customer service to see if they could combine orders to save on shipping, and the woman on the other end must've had trouble understanding what I was trying to do, but regardless, they couldn't do anything about it.

Kudos to them if they do get me a refund though.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    same, let's keep a record on who is getting the refund and who isn't to measure how successful this is and to keep it fair for all.
    I'm in. Ordered two sets of stands just now since I got hit with the glitch this morning and didn't initially make a second order. I'm a bit apprehensive, since they didn't give out a promotion code and DR seems to be confident they can sort the logistics of this out between now and the shipping date.

Quote Originally Posted by Metron View Post
    I'm in. Ordered two sets of stands just now since I got hit with the glitch this morning and didn't initially make a second order. I'm a bit apprehensive, since they didn't give out a promotion code and DR seems to be confident they can sort the logistics of this out between now and the shipping date.
    Especially if they can't do something like combining two orders placed on the same day when you call their customer service, are we really going to believe they'll refund us correctly?

Heroic Master of Rubbish Eats-the-Trash's Avatar
    Still not good enough. As an international customer, without combining the two orders, I'm still gonna get hit with 2 customs handling charges.
    Awesome adj. inspiring or displaying awe.
    Sticker n. an adhesive label, poster or paper.
    Included vr. 1. to have as contents or part of the contents; be made up of or contain. 2. to add as part of something else; put in as part of a set, group or category. 3. to contain as a secondary or minor ingredient or elememt.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    Especially if they can't do something like combining two orders placed on the same day when you call their customer service, are we really going to believe they'll refund us correctly?
    Yeah I look for a handful of people to get refunded and anyone who orders tomorrow to get free shipping, but most of us I expect to be ignored.

It's a great gesture by Mattel but I have absolutely no faith in Digital River to make it so. Not without us filing out some kind of claim form to make them aware we need refunds.

But if I am wrong I will gladly eat crow, that is how a business should rectify things.

Heroic Warrior
    WOW! Just Wow!! Really people?? Mattel makes an offer to correct the duplicate shipping charge caused by their mistake, and you can't even wait to see what happens before nay-saying?

For those who are wondering how it's going to happen, don't be surprised if they have to wait for the orders to charge and then issue the refund on shipping for one of the orders. Depending on how the system works, they may not be able to prevent the shipping charge on the order itself... a lot of systems are set up where they (the company) can't make a change like this after an order has been in the system for so long (more than a few minutes up to an hour), whether it's shipped already or not.

Anyway, I for one am happy Mattel decided to be "proactive" about this and say they will do blanket refunds without requiring us to do anything. Considering the various ways they could have tried to rectify the situation by making us jump through hoops with customer service, this shows a lot of care on their part.