Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Official NY Toy Fair 2011 MotUC Photos/Reveals/Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Fans want MOTU to continue. This is the ultimate line. We wouldn't want it to end as soon as all the vintage MOTU fans pull out and take those subscription sales with them.

Here's a question: Could the "I buy everything" fans, concept figure fans, mini-comic fans, 200X, NA and POP fans keep MOTUC afloat after the vintage fans have left?
    Well, I can only speak for myself, but I'm actually more interested in the prototype / concept figures than I am the vintage range, because it's something we've never had before and it's kinda exciting, you know!

Also, interested in cherry picking NA figs, comic figs and 200x figs (big 200x figure fan so...), although admittedly I have no real interest in POP line unless it's Adora or She-Ra and even then one of each is enough (unless they do bikini or slave girl variants or something )...

That's where I currently stand with the line, so for me at least (with the exception of the original He-man figure) the vintage line takes a back seat to the rest...

If Filmation comes in to play and 4H give it the more-detailed treatment, then I can see myself getting pretty darn excited and collecting all these guys too...

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    ?!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ictureid=12148

I can see a few differences. More than, say, between Hordak & Buzzsaw Hordak, and yet there are still 198X toy fans demanding both...
    Teela's basic design is the same. The only differences are 'hyper anime detail'. When you put 200x Teela into the 'classics machine', you get the Teela that's already been made. The 200x style is retired. 200x heads are also retired.
    And yet, they've said more than once that they plan to make MYP Adam, with a smaller buck. Who is LESS different from MotUC Adam than MYP Teela is from MotUC Teela:

The main source of difference is, basically, height. And a MYP Teela should *also* be shorter than the main MotUC Teela.

(That's exactly what would be uttered in a q&a if the question was asked.)
    Actually, the answer they gave was:

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak.de 15/01/2011 Q&A View Post
    4. We've heard a lot about a "younger buck" for Adam, that MAY be possible... but what about a younger buck for Teela?

Certainly possible but nothing planned right now.
    My take on that is two-fold:
    1) It's a pretty standard variant of the "can't discuss anything past King Hsss/etc" answer, as opposed to when they really want to shoot something down.
    2) They'll probably wait until they see how Young Adam does before seriously planning a Young (MYP) Teela.

[PS: Dear lord, did someone go around the internet attempting to purge all trace of the MYP designs? A full-body MYP Adam was even *harder* to find than a MYP Teela, and both are still fanart and merely close to the models rather than bang-on...]

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar

man-e-faces arms

beg your pardon in advance if this has already been told, but i was wondering whether man-e-faces arms will be removable (ā la trap jaw), or at least just his hands (ā la roboto): 'cos in any of this cases his secret accessory could be an attachment (hopefully a monster-like one).

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I say save NA and POP for the end of the line. That way I get all of my favorites first and I can pick and choose from the leftovers
    Hell no! 'Cause I know exactly what will happen then. All the MOTU-only collectors, like yourself, are going to stop collecting and not renew your subs which causes a HUGE drop in sales in like say 2015 and then Mattel quits the line and the last two years that would have had all those NA and POP figures will never get released. And then I'll be very $%&^$&* if you know what I mean.

I'm actually already scared for this if I look at the amount of NA and POP figures that still have to be released. I just think I'll never get all the POP figures in MOTUC form. So bad idea!
    Last edited by -= SupernovA =-; February 18, 2011 at 02:33pm.

And yet, they've said more than once that they plan to make MYP Adam, with a smaller buck. Who is LESS different from MotUC Adam than MYP Teela is from MotUC Teela:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ictureid=12188

The main source of difference is, basically, height. And a MYP Teela should *also* be shorter than the main MotUC Teela.

Actually, the answer they gave was:

My take on that is two-fold:
    1) It's a pretty standard variant of the "can't discuss anything past King Hsss/etc" answer, as opposed to when they really want to shoot something down.
    2) They'll probably wait until they see how Young Adam does before seriously planning a Young (MYP) Teela.

[PS: Dear lord, did someone go around the internet attempting to purge all trace of the MYP designs? A full-body MYP Adam was even *harder* to find than a MYP Teela, and both are still fanart and merely close to the models rather than bang-on...]
    Sure, a 'young teela' with a smaller body is different. If they made it different enough I can see it maybe happening. But I was responding to the idea of a general 200x Teela, who doesn't look younger and falls under the rules for the line they've established and repeated for 2 years.

As for the Matty response, it sounds taken from the rolodex of set responses they dish out in every q&a like "great idea for a refresh down the line", which is their polite way of saying 'no'.

(I would buy and support young Teela btw, but like the 200x clawful people are wanting, I wouldn't hold my breath).
    Last edited by Whiplash7; February 18, 2011 at 10:11pm.

I love the "great idea for a refresh down the line" answer, because they have said multiple times that the has already been planned out until the end. So, just where do they expect to add these 'great ideas?'
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Heroic Warrior
    They have also said the plan is flexible. That's how the line has been stretched out from 2016 to 2017.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Sure, a 'young teela' with a smaller body is different. If they made it different enough I can see it maybe happening.
    It didn't look like the guy asking for a MYP Teela (the 200X toy didn't have as many differentiating details) was asking for a direct-repaint...

But I was responding to the idea of a general 200x Teela, who doesn't look younger and falls under the rules for the line they've established and repeated for 2 years.
    Well, they've said almost from the start that they'll do a Young Adam with a smaller buck. I don't believe they've ever said they WON'T do a similar Young Teela, although they've never promoted the idea the same way (my impression has always been that they wouldn't decide either way until they see how Young Adam does)/

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    They have also said the plan is flexible. That's how the line has been stretched out from 2016 to 2017.
    Has it been "stretched"? Yes, TG's said he has plans sketched in for 2017-18, but he's never said that involved changing ]url=http://thefwoosh.com/2010/02/toy-fair-2010-interview-with-mattel%E2%80%99s-toy-guru-part-ii-tg-announces-jitsu-sometime-by-2016]his explicit statement from a year ago[/url] that all the pre-existing toy characters beyond a few "NA humans" would be done by the end of 2016:
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    http://thefwoosh.com/2010/02/toy-fai...metime-by-2016
    I told you, we’ve got the line worked out to 2016...Pretty much everyone, we will hit by then. The only ones left over by 2017 would be maybe some of like, the human New Adventures characters. Like maybe one or two that didn’t make it before 2017
    All he seems to have said on the matter is that the line won't end as long as sales merit them continuing onward.

[Either way, they won't run out of characters - between MYP, DC & the minicomics, they can definitely get to the end of 2018 with the current release pattern. Add Filmation, and it's more like 2028 than 2018. Even if they never get the Filmation rights, existing concepts would probably add another year, maybe two.]

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Strange, the vid on Popculturenetwork stopped before TG even got to Clawful.
    If you watch the vid from the .org it cuts out about 6min. Go to the Popculture website and look for PDan's videos. The full version is on there.

Heroic Warrior
    Has it been "stretched"? Yes, TG's said he has plans sketched in for 2017-18, but he's never said that involved changing ]url=http://thefwoosh.com/2010/02/toy-fair-2010-interview-with-mattel%E2%80%99s-toy-guru-part-ii-tg-announces-jitsu-sometime-by-2016]his explicit statement from a year ago[/url] that all the pre-existing toy characters beyond a few "NA humans" would be done by the end of 2016:

All he seems to have said on the matter is that the line won't end as long as sales merit them continuing onward.

[Either way, they won't run out of characters - between MYP, DC & the minicomics, they can definitely get to the end of 2018 with the current release pattern. Add Filmation, and it's more like 2028 than 2018. Even if they never get the Filmation rights, existing concepts would probably add another year, maybe two.]
    He may not have expressly said that figures were moved to extend the line a year, but I think it's obvious. Yes, you can always stretch things out by finding more comic and 200X characters to use. You're not going to do them all at the end of the line though. Toyguru talks all the time about how they need to make sure they don't run out of the "good" characters. They're not going to leave themselves with a year or 2 of nothing but comic and 200x characters, which is what would happen if they didn't move things around when stretching out the line.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK