Thread: ¿Real He-Man Taiwan 1982 8 back MOC?

Widget

¿Real He-Man Taiwan 1982 8 back MOC?

Hello, I am new in the forum, I hope make the question well.
    I have this figure. Searching in Internet I can't know if this is a real He-Man 1982 Taiwan 8 back MOC toy/figure.

Someone can tell my if it's real or fake? Or the card was put later and was re-closed?

If not a real toy/figure, what price can I sell it? I love MOC but I like see the figures out of the plastic

thanks!!
    EduardoIMG_2013.jpgIMG_2010.jpgIMG_2015.jpgIMG_2016.jpgIMG_2017.jpgIMG_2018.jpg

Hi, yes I confirm, it is a fake/repro resealed card, not an original one from 1982.
    The toy is real, only the packaging is not.
    You can probably sell it around $50/70
    Last edited by TOKYONEVER; July 30, 2015 at 06:53pm.

Widget
    Hi TOKYNEVER, what differences you found to confirm the fake card? have you a picture of the real?
    thanks!
    Eduardo

Hi sure, here is a picture to compare your card (at the right) with an original one (at the left):

don't give scammers points for improvement Johnny, ugh hate that counterfeit stuff

Do not worry Bruno, I learnt something with my own custom works (because sometimes I have to work with Chinese factories), today you simply can't have the same result than a vintage item.
    By example for the cards: you can't have an identical printed result than a vintage card, the papers/cardboards used are not the same ones than 30 years ago, the printing machines also etc
    About the colors it is the same thing, by the past printers were working with RGB colors without computers, now to print in offset you have to use the CMYK colors with computers which is complicating a lot of things.
    Also to do a custom/repro card you have to clean an original one and to rewrite all the texts on it, the "motu" typography from a computer is not exactly the same one than the one used by Mattel 30 years ago and is more sharpen when she is printed. (just take a look at the cards of the "Giants" figures from Mattel or again the "commemorative" ones).
    About the bubble she must be sealed in a factory and factories are not working with you if you need only 10 pcs realized, etc etc
    Of course Professional photoshopers can do great things but, trust me, you will always have remarkable differences.
    Last edited by TOKYONEVER; July 31, 2015 at 08:33pm.

goo to know these can't be easily reproduced nowadays i could never tell exactly why this things look immediately fake to me but it worries me that these kind of stuff is made to look exactly like the original without any REPRO marks or signs....

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    goo to know these can't be easily reproduced nowadays i could never tell exactly why this things look immediately fake to me but it worries me that these kind of stuff is made to look exactly like the original without any REPRO marks or signs....
    Yeah, the problem is, the scammers keep themselves informed, and keep getting craftier and craftier. My friend had someone come in to his store a while back, trying to sell him a set of the first 12 original Star Wars figures, mint on card. All of them were fake.
    "I am The Mad Bubbler... breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Bubbler View Post
    Yeah, the problem is, the scammers keep themselves informed, and keep getting craftier and craftier. My friend had someone come in to his store a while back, trying to sell him a set of the first 12 original Star Wars figures, mint on card. All of them were fake.
    And this crafty scams are even more worrying when it comes to the actual action figures.

While cards and figures are more or less "spotable" when counterfeited, that is not always the case with weapons and accesories.

I'm looking at you counterfeit laser figures! honestly can't tell that difference in that chest piece, or he-man figure for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    And this crafty scams are even more worrying when it comes to the actual action figures.

While cards and figures are more or less "spotable" when counterfeited, that is not always the case with weapons and accesories.

I'm looking at you counterfeit laser figures! honestly can't tell that difference in that chest piece, or he-man figure for that matter

http://imageshack.us/a/img17/4122/hhd6.jpg
    Are those 100% counterfeit?
    "I am The Mad Bubbler... breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

Yup, 100% fake

On my side I can seen many differences between these fake Laser figures and the original ones without looking at pictures of the original figures to compare.
    I think the real problem is to have a warned eye, if you are not familiar with the original figures you can be easily swindled.
    I can understand that for the Laser figures it is complicated for many collectors because they were not sold everywhere back to '80, most of collectors get them today in their collections for the first time and they do not know them in details.
    Legally you have the right to reproduce weapons (and apparently the packagings if limited run) but not the figures themselves, it is the Mattel's job to stop this fake business.
    Last edited by TOKYONEVER; July 31, 2015 at 10:01pm.

Widget
    Thanks really a great work!!!
    TOKYONEVER

regards
    Eduardo