Thread: Trying to remember a cartoon

Trying to remember a cartoon

I saw this cartoon once as a little kid. ONCE so the memories are hazy and will sound strange but there was this cartoon where a man has an egg sitting in one of those single egg holding thing like this;

The man taps the egg with a spoon and it cracks but he hears a voice shout "STOP THAT!" He cracks it again and the voice shouts at him again. He keeps doing this and the voice keeps shouting at him until the egg finally collapses and the voice screams. He leaves the room and enters what I think was the living room. From there, the room starts to slowly close in like it's being broken from the outside and he makes the exact same "stop that" cries as the man from the egg until the whole room collapses in on him. He makes the same screaming sound and then the scene is all black.

Like I said, I saw this cartoon once in my childhood and it stuck with me. I think it even kind of freaked me out at the time. Does anyone recognize what I'm describing or am I just insane? ._.

Possibly Mork and Mindy cartoon.
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    It'd help to know when your childhood was. It sounds surreal enough to be a 90s Nick cartoon but without knowing when I can't say for certain.
    I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a heated spoon than watch Jem. I consider it to be a terrible cartoon. There. I said it.

I remember as a wee lad back in 1984 or whereabouts when Nickelodeon played "Pinwheel", a puppet/learning show with a bunch of crazy eastern European cartoons in between. There was one called "King Rollo" I believe. Not sure about anyone yelling at him, but I remember he ate soft boiled eggs out of those holders. I always thought it was ice cream but then again, I was 4.

AHHH NO this is familiar to me as well! EEERR IT HURTS MY BRAIN. You have gained another investigator sir, I will hunt this down...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

"The Killing of an Egg"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z-XTeyV8Dk

It's a Dutch film by Paul Driessen. The guy looks like a yolk lol.

- I saw this on Nick in the 80's along with a guy who used an old timey ear horn, a cat & a hippo that didn't get along, all seemingly around the same time. Were these like shorts inbetween shows?
    Last edited by Clawful Ofit; November 2, 2013 at 02:37am.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!

HA HAA THANK YOU! I knew I had seen that! Nickelodeon makes sense; I knew it was something in between things. Thanks! I gotta look up the others you're talkin' about; they sound familiar as well.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.