Thread: Transformers: Prime Talkback

Hybrid View

Transformers: Prime Talkback

With the season officially starting today, I thought I'd start a talkback thread for the series. It looks like it has already been renewed for a second season. I'm not quite sure what to think of the humans. The girl kind of annoys me. I am not a big fan of the character designs or the cgi, but I've been entertained enough by the storylines to at least watch it for awhile longer.

I liked the first 5 episode story arc. I haven't seen today's episode yet, but from a series standpoint I think I like it.

I do NOT like the way they designed Star Scream.

I'm curious to see how they'll bring Megatron back.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Can't stand the kids, and do not like the designs of any of the Transformers, too much like the Bayformers.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

I'm loving the series so far!
    I waited to get the episodes in HD and I just started watching the miniseries, but I love the storyline and I learnt to appreciate the designs.

I worked in the early stage of the series, were we were bouncing ideas about the look of the characters. What they did at the end is very different from all the designs we did, but I think they are more inspired by TF Animated than the movie.
    The designs have lot of personality and they are not as intricated and crazy like the movie versions.
    And the toys... oh boy! Those toys are incredible!!!

Pretty good episode and at first I was like I am not watching this series. But as time has went on I still don't like the way they look but the story is driven IMHO so that keeps me watching.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Prime is a cross of animated and movie. I'm not too keen on marrying the two styles. While I like the show, so far I don't think it's as good as Renegades, Young Justice or Avengers.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I caught a reshow of last night's episode. Kind of predictable. I didn't care much for the resolution between Prime & Skyquake. I'm beginning to think I don't much care for the Agent Fowler character (c'mon flying a jet fighter in slacks and a shirt and tie?).

I just started reading the IDW Transformers collections and I'm loving that story.Wish TF Prime was more like that.

I just saw the most recent, having missed the mini series, and it was pretty good. I don't much like the human characters, they look very goofy and contribute nothing but some cute humor (there's a place for that though). Starscream, as always, is my favorite character. I like the way they do Soundwave though. I wish I was into the toys, but they just are not for me. I was more of a GI Joe kid, although I think this is a more attractive show for me than The A-Te--I mean Renegade.

I only saw part of the first episode of the mini-series. I'm not sure I'll ever get around to watching the rest of it since I'm just not a big Transformers fan, but the show didn't seem as bad as so many TF fans(at least the ones I've heard from) seem to feel it is. I guess I'll never agree with the general public when it comes to Hasbro media. I think G.I. is their greatest franchise, hate both Bayformers movies, and really liked Rise Of Cobra. Most of the other "children of the 80's" seem to have the exact opposite opinion.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Interesting season finale...

I thought Rachet's flashback was good. I'm not sure if I care for Unicron being the core of planet Earth. Soundwave showed his badass side. It will be interesting to see for how long Optimus sides with Megatron in the second season.

I was hoping we would see some of Unicron's power go to Megatron, maybe making him... Galvatron. Oh well, if they do keep Prime with Megatron for any length of time, I hope they introduce a new Autobot or 2 to even things out. I'm guessing the key to Vector Sigma is the key to getting Prime his memories back.

It was an interesting take on Unicron and the ending was interesting. I wonder for how long Orion Pax will stay with Megatron. Vector Sigma is the key (see what I did there?).
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Heroic Warrior
    The Hub just appearedon my cable service about three weeks ago. I have watched the first ten or so episodes in reruns and have been enjoying it. It's not that I'm okay with Bumblebee being a Camero. But I'm willing to overlook it after all these years.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Hasbro, can you just cancel this mess and give me Season 4 of Animated? PLEASE?!!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.