Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers: Prime Talkback

It was an interesting Season 3 premiere. It sounds like this season, subtitled Beast Hunters, will be only 13 episodes and the final season to make room for a new series in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It was an interesting Season 3 premiere. It sounds like this season, subtitled Beast Hunters, will be only 13 episodes and the final season to make room for a new series in 2014.
    That was confirmed back at Toy Fair. 13 episodes and the final season.

As much as I enjoy the cartoon, they really need to do away with Meck. Every episode where they appear is totally lame.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    That was confirmed back at Toy Fair. 13 episodes and the final season.
    I really tire of these constant new series and short seasons. The shows simply aren't fun anymore, and we only get the same characters rehashed over and over again. That's why G1 was so awesome. The regular influx of new characters was great and you'd actually see them on screen. Granted, many of the characters could have been fleshed out and there were many missed opportunities there.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

I've only started getting into 'Transformers Prime' late in the game, and for what it's worth, it's not that bad of A series. Definitely better than the various 'Transformer' shows we've seen since the original ended it's run. Every time I watch an episode, I think 'this is what the movies could've been like if Michael Bay was A more competent director.' Yeah, it's cliche to say that, but it's true. Having Peter Cullen, and Frank Welker in their respective roles is A huge plus. Even more interesting is Ernie 'Ghostbusters' Hudson as Agent Fowler, and I actually met him at my local comic convention years before he came on board.

Quote Originally Posted by mbaker View Post
    I've only started getting into 'Transformers Prime' late in the game, and for what it's worth, it's not that bad of A series. Definitely better than the various 'Transformer' shows we've seen since the original ended it's run. Every time I watch an episode, I think 'this is what the movies could've been like if Michael Bay was A more competent director.' Yeah, it's cliche to say that, but it's true. Having Peter Cullen, and Frank Welker in their respective roles is A huge plus. Even more interesting is Ernie 'Ghostbusters' Hudson as Agent Fowler, and I actually met him at my local comic convention years before he came on board.

Yeah, I also came in late. I have season two, now it's time to pick up season one. I got sucked in by the cyberverse figures, heh.

I am enjoying the new season of Prime. I would love it if the next series actually took place on Cybertron during the war. I did not care for the "Cybertron is dead and we are hiding on earth" thing that Prime was doing.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

This show keeps getting better. Caught it around mid of season 2, now got caught up thanks to Netflix
    Do NOT Sell to DenmanDemons unless your figures are Dead Mint Condition

References:
    THEGODBEAST tylerm23 jjforbus fattysteve
    scare-flow WOO Legend Okro Rachael ckhtiger
    Luigispice granbeetle Machanikal Convoy
    Capt_Piett Stshammgod
    Robb Corvus Commmander

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Miro View Post
    This show keeps getting better. Caught it around mid of season 2, now got caught up thanks to Netflix
    Yes it does. I can hardly wait for the next episode. Unfortunate that this is the last season.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

I have ordered season one from walmart. Store to store shipping, should be here in a few days and looking forward to watching. I just wish the vehicons were a little tougher. They remind me too much of stormtroopers.

The Ultra Magnus vs. Smokescreen dynamic might have been interesting, but I guess that is off the table for at least now. Predaking will be interesting when he finally talks.

Do the old characters get "Beast Hunters" upgrades in the show? Or do those Beast Hunters versions of old characters (like Bumblebee, Optimus, Bulkhead, etc.) just exist as toys?
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Bumblebee started off the new season with a reverse color scheme (black with yellow stripes) but no new abilities and Optimus just received an in-story upgrade (via the Forge of Solus Prime) because of injuries sustained at the end of the last season.

So far none of the other Autobots nor Decepticons have changed.

I hope bulkhead gets that lightpipe smiley face

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I hope bulkhead gets that lightpipe smiley face
    Bulkhead was the main reason I was asking. When Prime debuted I made a list of 10 characters I wanted and have stuck to it. I also wanted to try and stick with deluxe scale figures. So far I have 9 of the 10 characters I wanted and all are deluxes. The only figure left that I want is Bulkhead. If the new deluxe scale Beast Hunters version of Bulkhead appears in the show at all, even if for just one episode, then I'll get that figure to complete my collection. Otherwise, I'll probably get the RID voyager Bulkhead.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Bulkhead was the main reason I was asking. When Prime debuted I made a list of 10 characters I wanted and have stuck to it. I also wanted to try and stick with deluxe scale figures. So far I have 9 of the 10 characters I wanted and all are deluxes. The only figure left that I want is Bulkhead. If the new deluxe scale Beast Hunters version of Bulkhead appears in the show at all, even if for just one episode, then I'll get that figure to complete my collection. Otherwise, I'll probably get the RID voyager Bulkhead.

I have ordered the voyager from a tfw2005 board member. Should be here in a few days. I should have picked it up when I saw it at Walmart for $10. Oh, well. Right now I have the cyberverse figure and he's really nice.

As far as the BH version, he's kind of a fun figure, but not very posable.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I'm confused. Episode 4 of Season 3 just seemed to end. Surely there's more than 4 episodes? And Predaking is now gone, that was easy. I was hoping some of the other Predacons were going to join him. And apparently, Season 3 isn't the last season. It will continue through to 2015
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    And Predaking is now gone, that was easy. I was hoping some of the other Predacons were going to join him.
    I'm sorry, but that is not Predaking. Predaking is a gestalt, the combined form of the deadliest hunters in the galaxy, the Predacons. They could have done a decent update of the Predacons for the show.

I also have no idea how Hasbro keeps trying to say that it's all one canon now and that the two games War for and Fall of Cybertron fall into that canon. The games are clearly G1 inspired and should have been left in its own canon. Prime, sad to say is all Bayformers inspired, but unlike Bay's films the cartoon is good and has gotten better. I just don't like how they refuse to add new chracters to freshen up the mix more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I'm sorry, but that is not Predaking. Predaking is a gestalt, the combined form of the deadliest hunters in the galaxy, the Predacons. They could have done a decent update of the Predacons for the show.
    A toy company, reuse names? Surely you jest!

But seriously, none of the other characters are the same as their G1 counterparts either, no reason Predaking/the Predacons would be. It's just easy trademark use.

Meh, at least the video games pay real homage to the G1 series. I'll stick with them.

Meh, at least the video games pay real homage to the G1 series. I'll stick with them.
    The comics are better at it. And well, better in general.

I'm reading them too, don't worry LOL

I'm confused. Episode 4 of Season 3 just seemed to end. Surely there's more than 4 episodes? And Predaking is now gone, that was easy. I was hoping some of the other Predacons were going to join him. And apparently, Season 3 isn't the last season. It will continue through to 2015
    There still are 9 episodes left for this season since it has 13. I've heard this is the last season of this particular show but that may have changed.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

There are only 13 episodes to season 3 and the show will end after this season. There will be a new Transformers series at some point that will use the Transformers Prime showrunners. My guess is that this 4 part story arc will get a DVD single release along with being on a season set.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I just don't like how they refuse to add new chracters to freshen up the mix more often.
    It's the CGI budget. We can't have armies like the G1 days because of the cost of animating all of those computer models. All of the TF shows had small casts. They even kill off characters, so that they can sell new ones...something TF has been doing since 1986.

I'm not sure how the aligned continuity is supposed to work either. So there are two sets of Predacons? The prehistoric monsters from Prime and the wild animal combiner team from G1? Arcee the bike isn't Arcee the pink car. The young Smokescreen from Prime isn't the same G1 Smokescreen.

I think Hasbro should rethink that strategy of combining Prime, the Cybertron Games and the novels. Just make a new revised continuity from the games. Take elements of stuff that works out of the TF canons and include it.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)