Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Ra -vs- Super Girl 2 pack.

She-Ra -vs- Super Girl 2 pack.

What's different about She-Ra, besides she has the weapons pack sword?

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    I'm wondering the same thing, too.

Maybe this one has a skirt that restricts her movement, and a bobble-head...oh wait...

~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think we have to wait for an official word to see what's different, but besides the Weapons Pak sword, I think her outfit *might* be a true white, instead of the off-white they used.

I wanted the following changes in colour for a two-pack:

- True white
    - Brighter red
    - Adora skin colour
    - Brighter gold like He-Ro or Bow (the original figure is almost bronze)
    - ToysRUs He-Man hair colour

So...maybe we will see some of these?

Here's the answer to my request to TG in August 2010:

We'll pass this along to our design team. A good suggestion and I"m sure we will reissue She-Ra (whether or not changes are made) down the road one day.
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...246#3991091246

Either way, I think this entire pack should be postponed until the corrected She-Ra is out. I mean...it's hard to entice people with the least desired version of a DC female (that particular Supergirl) and the She-Ra which is flawed. I mean, if she was perfect, Mattel wouldn't be releasing a new, better one to be able to ride Swiftwind (unless she's Starburst She-Ra or something...).

Releasing this pack as it is right now is only going to cause bad things to happen. People may not buy it because of the reasons mentioned (plus no comic, we'll probably get more ugly artwork) which will cause peg-warmers and might cause the DCUC vs MOTUC packs to end prematurely, or may make Mattel think ladies aren't popular...when they've heavily stacked the deck against this set from selling well already.

...and throwing all the arguments out the window as to whether Supergirl or Wonder Woman should have been included because of history/origin/familial relations...if they put Wonder Woman in this set, I really think it would sell even if She-Ra was broken in package like the Goddess. She-Ra vs. Wonder Woman is epic, like He-Man vs. Superman. I'm not a MOC collector, and even I wanted a second of that set. That, plus Mattel's own argument/explanation of mom and pop shopping and how Mattel has to keep re-issuing the core characters so the parents will pick the figures up (JLU argument explaining why Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are everywhere in JLU all the time). ONE DCUC Wonder Woman has ever been released thus far. That's it. 4-5 Supergirls have been released that I know of: blue skirt with white shirt, black skirt with white skirt, all blue outfit, 2-pack with Lex Luthor.

I seriously might pass on this two pack. It just screams "fail" from every angle so far (in my opinion).
    Last edited by Darkspecter; February 14, 2011 at 01:10am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Are they changing the shield to two-tone silver as well? Fingers crossed.

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    I really thought that the female DCUC vs MOTUC reveal was going to be Wonder Woman vs Blond Bikini Teela. Now that I've seen all the reveals, I am very happy that BBT is getting a solo release, and I have no interest in this new two-pack. The version of Supergirl included is no longer in continuity, and a She-Ra with no change apart from her sword does not make this release "individual" enough for me to be interested.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Its never been a secret that i Hate MOTUC She Ra with a fiery passion.

So Im open to being impressed by the 2 pack version....

But Im exceedingly thrilled about the up coming new version,Im not gonna set myself up for disappointment, but Im hopeful!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Again, this 2-pack She-Ra might be a placeholder, but I found a better picture:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Releasing this pack as it is right now is only going to cause bad things to happen. People may not buy it because of the reasons mentioned (plus no comic, we'll probably get more ugly artwork) which will cause peg-warmers and might cause the DCUC vs MOTUC packs to end prematurely, or may make Mattel think ladies aren't popular...when they've heavily stacked the deck against this set from selling well already.

...and throwing all the arguments out the window as to whether Supergirl or Wonder Woman should have been included because of history/origin/familial relations...if they put Wonder Woman in this set, I really think it would sell even if She-Ra was broken in package like the Goddess.

This is a BRAND MANAGER MISTAKE.

He's made a HUGE mistake here.

Not surprised, because it's She-Ra, and Heaven forbid she actually performed well at retail.

The fact that she is not packaged with Wonder Woman is foolish, because Wonder Woman is far more iconic than Supergirl... Supergirl is currently in a two-pack, albeit in another outfit, sitting on TRU shelves right now.

I like the Supergirl figure, but I do NOT understand why they didn't make this She-Ra into a comic-book colors She-Ra... or the reverse gold/white of the original promo-painting that had She-Ra riding a pink swiftwind... OR, give her much brighter yellow hair, pale skin, brighter gold (not bronze).

And no silver shield??? We've asked for it numerous times... this was the place to do it... just as the He-Man pack was the place to give us the DC comics He-Man shield, and the Skeletor pack was the place to give us the yellow "Energy Blade," and Mer-Man's pack was the place to give us the recolored Mer-Man sword.

This 2-pack and the Zodac one are going to shelf-warm

Why in the world weren't these Red Beast Man and She-Ra in some kind of significant/relevant color re-deco like He-Man?

I'm not buying it, and Darkspecter doesn't sound like he's excited to buy it... and that should tell Mattel something.

I also just can't help but see serious bias here... if this were a favorite character of TG, this figure would be tricked out.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    And no silver shield??? We've asked for it numerous times... this was the place to do it...
    Unless there are significant changes, I don't agree. I certainly dont want to pay crazy international charges for a shield. If anything it should be in a weapons pack (or with She-ra no.2)

Here's hoping that her sword doesn't have CHINA on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'm not buying it, and Darkspecter doesn't sound like he's excited to buy it... and that should tell Mattel something.
    I know. It KILLS me to say it, but I don't think I can bring myself to buy this one. I own that Supergirl and HATE that version of her with a passion! I only bought her when she was first released because she was the only option there. I think she's just awful looking and she doesn't move very well, etc.

I already own this exact version of She-Ra, am not a fan of the two-toned silver sword that much (and we already have it).

So...where's the incentive to buy? Ugly new art? I see how big that went over with Mer-Man and Stratos.

Seriously though. Mattel needs to remember that a lot of people had subcriptions in 2010, so they have this She-Ra. No changes, means no sales. Especially after announcing a new, improved, "can ride Swiftwind" She-Ra is coming out the same day as She-Ra.

Make the requested colour changes, give her a silver shield and switch out that Supergirl for another version of her, or Wonder Woman (pretty please) and then we'll be talking!

I feel sick that I don't want to buy this set. I love She-Ra and buy every figure, book, comic, colouring book and DVD set I can find! bcrduke and I are two of PoP's biggest fans and supporters and if Mattel can't wow us or at least get us to buy the sets...

Well...that's a big scary sign right there.

Again, I PRAY that She-Ra is a place holder for a new deco version, or this 2pack will be doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Here's hoping that her sword doesn't have CHINA on it.
    I've been thinking this all day, but didn't want to give them ideas.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    eeep!

I hadnt seem any pics of them together.....thats awful! the Supergirl is weird lookin!

The only upside-if there is an upside- is that seeing She ra is gonna be packaged with that head on, maybe it will actually stay on, Cos I still cant get mine to stay on!

(as I said, Worst......MOTUC......Figure.....EVER!)

an easy Pass. Nice Goin Matty!

When even POP fans are dissing it you know you've dropped the ball!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

The whole pack is awful and I'm not buying it. What a stupid decision to not only not bother to change She-Ra in anyway but to stick her with Supergirl instead of Wonder Woman is just terrible decision making. That Supergirl figure is VILE they did'nt even use her more iconic costume.

What do POP fans wanna bet that we get screwed out of getting a new Rebellion girl later this year also, watch it happen guys.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

What a complete let down.........Wonder Woman and She-Ra would have been all kinds of iconic and epic. The Supergirl figure is ugly as hell in my oppinion. She-Ra and WW are THE iconic females from both of these brands. They naturally go together just like He-Man and Superman! Epic Epic Epic Fail!!!!!!!

Fans have been calling for this match up on facebook, mattycollector and the org, creating art of this meeting and getting excited about it for ages, how can you ignore such longing when it is in your power to bring such a match up to market. I feel so strongly about this....you just slapped a load of fans in the face. I feel insulted by scott chosing this match up when fans have been screaming for She-Ra vs WW ever since the 2 packs were first announced!!!!!!!!!!!!

But hey I am not the man sitting in the decision chair. I guess he and the fans who wanted the WW vs Teela 2 pack (who were not in the majority) will be getting what they want, even though it makes no sense! Teela would not stand a chance against Diana, but Artemis, Black Canary or Bat Girl would all be great partners for her.

It should have been She-Ra vs Wonder Woman.....and Toyguru knows this!!!!!!!!!!........You have really let the fans down on the pairing here scott. The only way you could have made this match up cool would be with a new version of Supergirl based on her live action movie look. This version of the Princess of Power does however look nicer than her first release, with her corrected skin tone, lighter gold and whiter dress (such a shame she could not have been done right the first time around).

Pairing She-Ra with anyone other than Wonder Woman is just wrong IMO and insulting to She-Ra's character and her fans!!!! She-Ra is one of the MOTU brands big three names (the others being He-Man and Skeletor). She should be given a match up against one of DC's big three characters.........namely Wonder Woman!

Hopefully you will consider a Wonder Woman and She-Ra two pack at a later date. There is demand for this match up and you know it!!!!!!! You should have listened to the fans on this one, but that dosen't tend to be your greatest strength now does it! You just lost an opportunity to sell a shead load of She-Ra and Wonder Woman figures. I for one will not support this two pack!
    Last edited by Angel-T; February 14, 2011 at 05:33am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Nicely put Angel.

I'm absolutely gutted over this 2-pack. I literally almost got sick when I saw it revealed. I love female figures and DCUC has a lot of great ones...but that particular Supergirl is the WORST DCUC figure they make (or DC Superheroes figure, as that's the original line she was a part of).

If they included a better version of Supergirl, at least I could be happy for Mr. Shokoti, but even he (who really wanted this set) is unhappy with the choice in Supergirl figure.

I've never been so disgusted by a product choice. It's like Mattel is trying to make this 2-pack and She-Ra fail!

Seriously, (possibly) no changes with She-Ra (I want an official word on the differences), the worst Supergirl and annoucing a new, fixed She-Ra for the end of the year and not releasing this set, oh...I don't know...NEXT year with the better She-Ra?

Really, Mattel? REALLY?!

"Buy the She-Ra figure you already have in a two pack with a figure almost nobody wants, so you can buy the "can ride Swiftwind" She-Ra later this year!"

...yeah.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; February 14, 2011 at 05:00am.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Very weak pack. I dont care about it. I donīt know who chooses the packs characters, but She-Ra vs Wonder Woman is the natural choice, but they want to release a Teela VS Wonder Woman, so in this way they have splitted the big sellers in 2 packs. Stinks...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Warrior
    VERY poor two-pack.

It should have been She-Ra vs. Wonder Woman. If it had to be She-Ra vs. Supergirl, then they really should have used their other Supergirl sculpt which is far better looking and I *think* is closer to the look Supergirl is currently wearing in the comics.

She-Ra also needed more significant changes. A silver sword and shield are the absolute minimum. Maybe they could have gone all out with a "silver" theme and re-coloured She-Ra in white and silver? It would have also help to tie in with her 25th anniversary (which I *think* is silver).

And IF they're truly releasing a brand new She-Ra which can sit on Swiftwind in the near future, then I really don't see the point in including She-Ra in the two-pack. A blonde repaint of Teela (in her standard costume) seems like a far better choice. Or perhaps a Princess Adora re-painted in darker colours as Horde Force Captain Adora.

Heroic Warrior
    Wow Supergirl looks really bad

Widget
    As Supergirl's BIGGEST fan, I was so excited to find out she was selected for the two pack. She IS the natural choice because she is the female equivalent to Superman as She-Ra is to He-Man, and she was known as the Princess of Power in comics early on. Lou Scheimer even discussed Supergirl when approached with the idea of a female counterpart to He-Man. I get the whole Wonder Woman comparison and it is valid, but, again, the true counterpart of He-Man to Superman is She-Ra to Supergirl.

In Pre-COIE DC, Supergirl was "the most powerful woman in the universe," and in fact was second only to Superman among the most powerful. That being said, seeing Linda Danvers-Supergirl as the choice is upsetting. I love her to pieces but aside from originally being a reincarnation of Kara Zor-El, she doesn't fit here. I thought it'd be the Kara variant of the toy at the very least. (Perhaps because she was in a recent two-pack they decided against including her.)

The scale of DC to MOTUC bugs me, but it can be overlooked, but this really can't. She-Ra comes off as giant compared to Linda (or Kara if they decide to go with it being the Bruce Timm animated incarnation). They could at least have given her a repaint (blue shirt, red skirt) to make a difference, if not a better cape sculpt ... If not a whole new Classics figure. To truly make it collectible, they could have made a Pre-Crisis Kara figure and include the first issue of her '80's title, which carried a preview of the MOTU comic and had Superman team-up with He-Man again. Or, if they wanted to go with artwork, make a mock cover featuring a historic meeting of Pre-COIE Kara and a DC comic book take on She-Ra.

To really get POP and MOTU fans grabbing it, have a vintage POP toy design for the costume, or at least, as others have stated, a brightened repaint of the first issue, or do the unthinkable and match up the timeline and have Linda vs 200X She-Ra. Even give many SGirl fans a dream come true, and have a Cir-El figure for them to have She-Ra beat up. Power Girl would actually work very well too. Kara Zor-L is Supergirl of Earth-2 but more WW build, and has white and gold and exposed cleavage for those who want that. . Or, put out Pre-She-Ra in DC and shut up both Sg and WW fans and put in Amy/ Amethyst Princess of the Gemworld, and have her "magical flying unicorn" alongside Swifty. Or, put out a Silver Age Supergirl with Super-Horse VS Swift Wind.

In any case, please don't beat up on Supergirl because she was chosen over WW. She too often gets the short end of the stick, and as a fan who's had to deal with his favorite character dying, be replaced, dying or retconned or whatever, please give us a break also. Please just give Mattel your concern in putting out a pack that is less than worthy of both golden haired heroes, and one that seems because they're so busy putting put so many waves of other characters they don't want to put more money here.

I'm going to buy this because I want to support Supergirl, and I want to show I DO appreciate them putting her with She-Ra. It also means the first She-Ra figure to be in toy stores in decades, and more accessible than overpriced ones on eBay when sold out on mattycollector.com, even if a better version of the toy will come with Swift Wind. I'm happy and excited but also disappointed that they cared but just not enough to truly knock us all out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I've never been so disgusted by a product choice. It's like Mattel is trying to make this 2-pack and She-Ra fail!
    Honestly, it does feel like Mattel will eventually announce a Wonder Woman vs Teela 2-Pack, in an effort to elevate her status in the public eye. Now by no means am I saying that Teela is an unimportant character, however, she can never truly have the star power of the headliners; He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra etc. She was never a character with her own world. Teela seems more on par with someone like Artemis than Wonder Woman. Plus, I truly believe the casual fan expects She-Ra to be paired with Wonder Woman. Look at the artwork around the web. Most of the time this is who She-Ra is paired up with.
    Last edited by Tallstar; February 14, 2011 at 09:49am.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I'll be passing on this set because appearantly, they are going to be rereleasing She-Ra at the end of the year as a bonus figure, and I sure as heck do not need three She-Ras. Not to mention this pack has a terrible looking Supergirl with it.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'll wait for the She-ra that can be placed on Swiftwind.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I'm somewhat happy that a lot of you are disappointed and therefore not planning on buying this two pack. That means it'll be easier for me to find one.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I really hope Toy Guru reads this thread and re-thinks this match-up.

She-Ra Vrs. Wonder Woman makes much more sense from a character point of view. Supergirl is a supporting character to Superman, whereas she-ra and Wonderwoman are both leading ladies.

She-Ra may be a spin-off from he-man, but she was always the leading lady of her own show, never a supporting character in a he-man show.

On the other hand, Supergirl may have had her own series, but she is still and always will be a supporting player in the Superman Universe.

As for Teela, what makes the most sense to me is Teela Vrs. Batgirl, and Man-At-Arms Vrs. Batman. Those seem like logical match-ups to me. Characters known to rely on their ingenuity since they don't have super powers.

I honestly can't think of a MOTU character that actually makes sense as a match-up for supergirl. Evil-Lyn would be better suited to a character like Morgan Le Fay or Zatanna.

Maybe the Sorceress could go against Supergirl... I just think that the match-ups should also keep the characters on somewhat common ground.

Both Wonder Woman and Supergirl could dispose of Teela without breaking a nail. At least the Sorceress could hold her own with Magic, so long as the battle takes place at grayskull.

Another big She-Ra (and Supergirl) fan here who will be passing on this set. Is this the first set that has no changes to the MOTUC figure?

I tend to think we are not the audience for these packs but then I wonder how many would really sell without us. Had this been a cartoony white and yellow repainted She-Ra I would have gotten one for myself and one for my niece. As it is, I'll just give her the 2010 She-Ra or more likely the 2011 She-Ra 2.0.

And what is with using that Supergirl? I actually LOVED both Superman Animated Series AND Peter David's wonderful Supergirl comic series that used that look but HATE that figure. DC has written this Supergirl out of continuity so why even put such a poor, pegwarming, figure back on the market? Surely DC wouldn't be pushing this style. Bad move Mattel! Worst 2-pack yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I'll wait for the She-ra that can be placed on Swiftwind.
    I will too! Though I am not thrilled to buy the same figure twice since the first She-Ra wasn't designed well enough to fit on Swifty!