Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Newgistics / Cornerstone Logistics - shipping from Matty

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    ... "because the USPS is going bankrupt and can't handle it on their own."
    Some creative accounting might say this. But with the price of stamps going up, and already streamlining things, the post office makes a hefty profit besides the fact they were forced to pay for retirement 10 years into the future, unlike any other agency. That will put you in the red every time.

"Operationally speaking, the USPS nets profits every year. The financial problem it faces now comes from a 2006 Congressional mandate that requires the agency to “pre-pay” into a fund that covers health care costs for future retired employees. Under the mandate, the USPS is required to make an annual $5.5 billion payment over ten years, through 2016." from This article.

If you don't jive with this, you can still believe it isn't profitable, but I would have to personally disagree. I only bothered replying to your statement since this is a thread about Newgistics, which of course uses USPS in the end.

Also, there was a vote on senate bill 1789 today, to get rid of Saturday delivery and end door to door delivery. If you care about this, you may want to check into it.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; April 24, 2012 at 08:38pm.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Some creative accounting might say this. But with the price of stamps going up, and already streamlining things, the post office makes a hefty profit besides the fact they were forced to pay for retirement 10 years into the future, unlike any other agency. That will put you in the red every time.

"Operationally speaking, the USPS nets profits every year. The financial problem it faces now comes from a 2006 Congressional mandate that requires the agency to “pre-pay” into a fund that covers health care costs for future retired employees. Under the mandate, the USPS is required to make an annual $5.5 billion payment over ten years, through 2016." from This article.

If you don't jive with this, you can still believe it isn't profitable, but I would have to personally disagree. I only bothered replying to your statement since this is a thread about Newgistics, which of course uses USPS in the end.

Also, there was a vote on senate bill 1789 today, to get rid of Saturday delivery and end door to door delivery. If you care about this, you may want to check into it.
    And adding to this you may want to know that due to this pre-paying the fund has been overpaid approx. over 75 BILLION within 5 years already! Proponents (THOSE who actually want to help maintain costs and services) have petitioned that the USPS can withdraw funds (with no argument on BOTH sides of the service) from this and 'balance the book' which Congress is preventing from happening. The best example of this scenario can be seen with the way congress has handled our Social Security program...

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    And adding to this you may want to know that due to this pre-paying the fund has been overpaid approx. over 75 BILLION within 5 years already! Proponents (THOSE who actually want to help maintain costs and services) have petitioned that the USPS can withdraw funds (with no argument on BOTH sides of the service) from this and 'balance the book' which Congress is preventing from happening. The best example of this scenario can be seen with the way congress has handled our Social Security program...

But the lobbyists representing UPS(brown) are so convincing...

What do you suppose the investment/retirement company folks are going to do with all of that money that's just sitting there 75 billion forced onto them by congress, they wouldn't be using it to make more money would they? No... They don't have any lobbyists either. Now ending dangerously political rant in toy forum.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; April 24, 2012 at 09:34pm.

But the lobbyists representing UPS(brown) are so convincing...

What do you suppose the investment/retirement company folks are going to do with all of that money that's just sitting there 75 billion forced onto them by congress, they wouldn't be using it to make more money would they? No... They don't have any lobbyists either. Now ending dangerously political rant in toy forum.
    A mystery that remains to be seen and it would be nice if it ever got released to do what it possibly could do to help. But in all honesty, I think many USPS employees will see their jobs disappear faster than that money....

Now ending dangerously political rant in toy forum.
    Good idea.

I'd recommend someone start a thread about this in the Tar Swamp. It would be a good discussion, just not proper for the MOTUC forum.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Oh yeah I know all about that, I was just pointing out why USPS has these partnerships. That is the excuse/reasoning they give for it.

Whether you agree or disagree is really irrelevant as far as Matty is concerned. Whether they need them is a totally different discussion and as John pointed out much better suited for the Tar Swamp.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Its because you guys do not understand freight shipping, it is not like UPS or USPS. It basically means your stuff is thrown on a truck and hauled around until that truck is scheduled to make a stop at its destination for your package, the it is handed off to the USPS to deliver to you. Its kind of like UPS Ground if UPS Ground decided you would not get your package till 2 weeks from now and in that time the truck it was one passed you two or three times.

Its not designed to be expedient or make sense to the regular consumer, its designed to save the USPS money and take some of the burden off them (which is why they partner with these companies), because the USPS is going bankrupt and can't handle it on their own.

So people need to stop comparing it to other online retailers or eBay sellers, its not the same thing. Please note I am not saying its a great thing or even acceptable for what you pay. Just trying to clear up why it takes a tour of America and when you track it literally bypasses some of you.

About the only thing Mattel can do is request that they don't ship it freight, Newgistics can ship in a more expedient manner. Not having seen the contract or the paperwork I can only assume that they are defaulting it to the freight option.

Also its not really shipping from Ontario, that is where the billing is processed and where the warehouse is. Matty basically sends it to NV and there it begins its shipping journey. Think of Matty as your home and NV as the Post Office.
    Thanks for the explanation....makes sense, well not really but it explains why the cross country tour Still think it's stupid but don't really have much choice in the matter. One would think with as much as they charge for shipping though they would try to make routes a little more reasonable. Or if the USPS is really that hard up for cash, give them the money direct. I know from selling figures that it costs about 3 dollars less per figure for me to ship than what I paid. If you multiply that 3 dollars extra by however many figures are sold, that should help the post office. Than multiply that by other matty shipments or shipments from other distributers and the post office should make out pretty well.

btw...whats the tar swamp and how do you get there?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    btw...whats the tar swamp and how do you get there?
    All the information you seek is in the new Forum Rules.

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Warrior

Question re: Newgistics and shipping

First, please forgive me if there is a more dedicated thread this should belong in.

While I've been collecting the MOTUC figures for a while, I've been picking them up off the second hand market instead of directly from Matty. That changed with the recent sale and I decided to start going to the source. My shipment has been going through the usual Newgistics things (Cali to Nevada to Indiana) I read about on here but I hit a bump tonight when I checked in on it. For the last few days, I was able to click on the link provided and it told me where the package was, etc., but tonight, it's saying my reference number doesn't exist. Is this common/normal?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    First, please forgive me if there is a more dedicated thread this should belong in.

While I've been collecting the MOTUC figures for a while, I've been picking them up off the second hand market instead of directly from Matty. That changed with the recent sale and I decided to start going to the source. My shipment has been going through the usual Newgistics things (Cali to Nevada to Indiana) I read about on here but I hit a bump tonight when I checked in on it. For the last few days, I was able to click on the link provided and it told me where the package was, etc., but tonight, it's saying my reference number doesn't exist. Is this common/normal?

It's happening to mine right now too.

Probably an issue with their website. How much farther does yours have to go? Last time I checked mine this evening it was in michigan. I expect it tomorrow... saturday at the latest.

I'll wait to freak out on monday

Heroic Warrior
    sounds like it's a site thing. Sadly, hadn't bothered to c&p the actual USPS tracking number from it or I could just plug that into the usps site instead.

Heroic Warrior
    It comes and goes, much like the order history. I wouldn't worry too much - I'd assume it will come back sometime today.

Heroic Warrior
    mines back up now

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    There is. Please use the search feature before starting a new thread in the future.

I haven't seen any movement on my shipping since the 19th. Any one elses order stuck in Fishers Indiana?

9/19/2012 05:41 PM In transit Fishers,IN 46037
    9/19/2012 04:27 PM Electronic Shipping Sent to USPS
    9/19/2012 04:27 PM In transit Fishers,IN 46037
    9/19/2012 07:40 AM In transit Fishers,IN 46037
    9/17/2012 07:23 PM In transit Sparks,NV 89441
    9/17/2012 12:09 PM Arrived at Shipping Facility Sparks,NV 89441
    9/15/2012 01:26 AM Electronic Shipping Info Received Ontario,CA 91761

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I haven't seen any movement on my shipping since the 19th. Any one elses order stuck in Fishers Indiana?
    Fishers must be a lovely place for toys to lounge around and relax; all my Matty orders after they went with the new shipping spent a long, memorable stop there...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Mine seem to like Springfield, MA a lot as well, and always stop off there for a couple days too.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Fishers must be a lovely place for toys to lounge around and relax; all my Matty orders after they went with the new shipping spent a long, memorable stop there...
    OK. Good to know. Its just that it's been 10 business days there now, and the expected delivery date was 9/26 or 9/27. I guess I'll give it A couple more days and contact, Matty, I guess. You would think you could contact Newgistics... But that would probably raise there prices to have any kind of customer service. :hmlol

Update: After spending 9 days in lovely Fishers Indiana, They came all the way to my house in one day!

9/28/2012 10:00 AM Out for Delivery COLUMBIA,MO 65203
    9/28/2012 02:17 AM Arrival at USPS COLUMBIA,MO 65203
    9/28/2012 02:16 AM Accepted by USPS COLUMBIA,MO 65203
    9/19/2012 05:41 PM In transit Fishers,IN 46037
    9/19/2012 04:27 PM Electronic Shipping Sent to USPS
    9/19/2012 04:27 PM In transit Fishers,IN 46037
    9/19/2012 07:40 AM In transit Fishers,IN 46037
    9/17/2012 07:23 PM In transit Sparks,NV 89441
    9/17/2012 12:09 PM Arrived at Shipping Facility Sparks,NV 89441
    9/15/2012 01:26 AM Electronic Shipping Info Received Ontario,CA 91761
    Last edited by darkmoon766; September 28, 2012 at 09:47pm.

Newgistics (What do you think)

So with all the talk about shipping prices and handling (let's not forget that one) I thought well let's see what we can find out...

Since TG is unable to answer these questions...

First up...with the charts below I think we now know why it takes so long!!

photo Process_chart_web_zpsde87aedb.gif

photo Facilities_Map_zpsdaf61cc5.gif

Now this video really raises some questions (if you all don't get a laugh out of this...I just...I don't know what will):

What do you all think?

- - - Updated - - -

Bottom line if you check out newgistic's website you'll see that matty IS receving a significant shipping discount (40%). HOWEVER, we are paying an increase for matty to use newgistics.

But what about those returns? Intelligent Return Management System? Where's that at?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    So with all the talk about shipping prices and handling (let's not forget that one) I thought well let's see what we can find out...

Since TG is unable to answer these questions...

First up...with the charts below I think we now know why it takes so long!!

Now this video really raises some questions (if you all don't get a laugh out of this...I just...I don't know what will):

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...%2Fj_2fTB8WWN4

What do you all think?

- - - Updated - - -

Bottom line if you check out newgistic's website you'll see that matty IS receving a significant shipping discount (40%). HOWEVER, we are paying an increase for matty to use newgistics.

But what about those returns? Intelligent Return Management System? Where's that at?

they forgot to add the delivery route that takes Canadian packages to Sweden first...