Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Newgistics / Cornerstone Logistics - shipping from Matty

If Matty just used Priority Shipping by USPS, non of this would happen! It's cheaper than USP and it's at times faster! But again Mattel looks for the cheapest on everything! They don't care about their customers!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

The weird thing is it costs so much so horrible a service. I can go to my post office now and send a MOTUC figure anywhere in the country by Priority and it'd cost less than what they charge for the horrible Newgistics service. I wonder how DR gets money? Do you think the get a cut of the shipping as a handling fee or something, which accounts for the expense?

And there goes February 29th and STILL no figures. What a joke!

Has ToyGuru commented on this disaster?

Heroic Warrior
    Tracking on the USPS site gives me even less information than the Cornerstone Logistics site. According to USPS, they have no record of this package beyond Atlanta on 2/24. So apparently my package has been sitting in one city for six days and counting. I always knew Cornerstone Logistics was bad, but this is by far the worst it's ever been.

Date Time Description Location
    2/27/2012 09:49 AM Transferring to USPS TAMPA,FL 336119998
    2/24/2012 03:01 PM Electronic Shipping Sent to USPS
    2/24/2012 03:01 PM In transit ATLANTA,GA 30349-3623
    2/24/2012 09:45 AM In transit ATLANTA,GA 30349-3623
    2/23/2012 05:46 PM In transit Fishers,IN 46037
    2/23/2012 08:39 AM In transit Fishers,IN 46037
    2/20/2012 07:35 PM In transit Sparks,NV 89441
    2/20/2012 11:46 AM Arrived at Shipping Facility Sparks,NV 89441
    2/17/2012 01:26 AM Electronic Shipping Info Received Ontario,CA 91761

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    If Matty just used Priority Shipping by USPS, non of this would happen! It's cheaper than USP and it's at times faster! But again Mattel looks for the cheapest on everything! They don't care about their customers!
    I totally agree with you I don't understand why they don't straight to the source and use usps directly I mean i doubt its because they cant handle such a big order?

I finally got my Sorceress and Fisto last night. It shipped on the morning of the 18th.

Here are the final steps in Fisto and the Sorceress' whirlwind dance tour of the US (I swear I'd have a baby Teela in my box by the time it got here):

Date Time Description Location
    2/29/2012 12:15 PM Delivered LUTZ,FL 33558
    2/29/2012 09:12 AM Out for Delivery LUTZ,FL 33549
    2/29/2012 08:15 AM Arrival at USPS LUTZ,FL 33549
    2/29/2012 08:15 AM Accepted by USPS LUTZ,FL 33549
    2/27/2012 09:49 AM Transferring to USPS LUTZ,FL 335494403
    2/24/2012 03:01 PM Electronic Shipping Sent to USPS
    2/24/2012 03:01 PM In transit ATLANTA,GA 30349-3623
    2/24/2012 09:45 AM In transit ATLANTA,GA 30349-3623
    2/23/2012 05:46 PM In transit Fishers,IN 46037
    2/23/2012 08:39 AM In transit Fishers,IN 46037
    2/20/2012 12:25 PM Arrived at Shipping Facility Sparks,NV 89441
    2/18/2012 01:26 AM Electronic Shipping Info Received Ontario,CA 91761
    Last edited by jibernish; March 1, 2012 at 01:10pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I finally received the Feb. Sub figures; Fisto, Sorceress, Shadow Weaver + Pre-Ternia Map yesterday!!!
    This is the longest it took so far, but I'm glad I finally got them and they are all OK.

It took 12 days for my sub figures to arrive.
    It's a new record, 10 days used to be the max. amount of days.
    Here's the route my sub went:
    2/29/2012 01:11 PM Delivered Hometown
    2/29/2012 09:24 AM Out for Delivery Hometown
    2/29/2012 09:10 AM Arrival at USPS Hometown
    2/29/2012 04:50 AM Arrival at USPS Hometown
    2/29/2012 04:50 AM Accepted by USPS Hometown
    2/27/2012 03:07 PM In transit Coppell,TX 75019
    2/27/2012 03:03 PM Electronic Shipping Sent to USPS
    2/27/2012 03:03 PM In transit Coppell,TX 75019
    2/27/2012 08:23 AM In transit Coppell,TX 75019
    2/25/2012 07:07 PM In transit Fishers,IN 46037
    2/20/2012 12:31 PM Arrived at Shipping Facility Sparks,NV 89441
    2/17/2012 01:26 AM Electronic Shipping Info Received Ontario,CA 91761

I was worried about the Pre-Ternia Map because some people had a missing map or had the map hanging half out of the box. Mine was safely on top in the box fully sealed. Last year when they had a sticker with Pre-Ternia He-Man (I think?) That's when I missed it but didn't really care. I got a sheet with Snout Spout. Having a missing map would however have been a disaster because I consider it as equal valuable as the sub itself. The maps are loads of fun!

On another note, my Day of Sales order (Red Lion & Blazing Sword Voltron) on February 15th was running very late!
    I emailed the CS on Feb. 28th and didn't receive a reply back...
    I have to assume sending the email did help,
    because I just received the shipping confirmation!
    It's 15 days later, but Ok, at least they are on their way now.

Too bad Blazing Sword Voltron is on Sale now at 30% off!
    At least I got Red Lion at cost,
    it's crazy how he sells at 50% more on ebay and bbts
    $50 was already a lot for it imho.
    I had a very hard time to pull that trigger and waited a couple of minutes before I submitted the order.
    I have a feeling the Lions will be back for sale on Matty and
    on sale later in the year just like all of the Ghostbusters Classics...
    It's the unknowing that we buy it up front so we won't be scared to miss out and can only buy them later at high prices which may be unaffordable. I plan to open Red Lion at Christmas when I (hopefully) completed collecting all 5.

I'm not too worried about supporting the Voltron Classics line, because I can't see how Mattel will make more after these 5 Lions. They will make them all guaranteed because of the subs people bought which pretty much gave them a binding contract. I wouldn't be interested in another combiner/gestalt from Voltron and the bad guys would probably require too much tooling for Mattel.

I support MOTUC fully because I want it to last. Too many figures are left to be made for the line to stop any time soon!

Ghostbusters Classics is different, I have to keep supporting it because I WANT to see; Janine Melnitz and the Tony Scolari Ghost. These 2 figures HAVE to be made, if not the Ghostbusters Classics is considered a huge failure to me because without these 2 extremely essential figures the line would be left incomplete. After these 2 figures, maybe Courtroom Egon Spengler & Courtroom Ray Stantz to complete the GB2 scene, Gozer the Gozerian, the Terror Dogs Zuul the Gatekeeper and Vinz Clortho the Keymaster, Washington Square Ghost, Possessed Janosz Poha and Baby Oscar. That sums it up. 10 more in total! There isn't really anything else I can think of which I would want from the GBC Movie line figures and RGB figures just ain't happening according to Mattel.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Mara, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Blast-Attak, Hunga the Harpy, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Dragstor, Imp, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn

14 days later... my stuff finally arrives! Annoyed at the length, but at least the figures are amazing.

Got my items shipped already from the March sales event. Ordered a Mer Man & Hordak to open. Didn't think they'd ship until next week.

Ordered an extra Demo-man last night, and it shipped out today.
    Via Newgistics, of course. UPS ground would only take a day or two to get here, but for my Feb. sub, it literally sat for 6 days waiting to be delivered. Worst thing EVER.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I want to officially and publicly declare my hatred for Newgistics. I think it would have been better if Matty actually signed up with Pony Express. (I'm talking about somebody actually loading up a pony and riding through the US delivering figures.) Newgistics mascot should be a Snail with salt being poured on it. Their logo should be: "It's not getting there any time soon."

I am completely kicking myself because I wanted to upgrade my shipping on the subscription, but I completely forgot. I just signed up for the sub and I didn't think about changing the shipping. I was going to sign up with UPS or Fedex but I just blanked and I have a whole year of this *$#$%.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    Newgistics: Not all delivery services are the same...

36ifmz.jpg

I <3 quickmeme...

At least a lot of you can track your orders. I don't even know if My Battle Cat, Panthor or Skeletor are even in my country yet
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I want to officially and publicly declare my hatred for Newgistics. I think it would have been better if Matty actually signed up with Pony Express. (I'm talking about somebody actually loading up a pony and riding through the US delivering figures.) Newgistics mascot should be a Snail with salt being poured on it. Their logo should be: "It's not getting there any time soon."

I am completely kicking myself because I wanted to upgrade my shipping on the subscription, but I completely forgot. I just signed up for the sub and I didn't think about changing the shipping. I was going to sign up with UPS or Fedex but I just blanked and I have a whole year of this *$#$%.
    Even if you have UPS selected, there's no guarantee that your sub would actually ship via UPS. I have UPS for my sub, last month they shipped UPS, this month was Newgistics.

The path my figures take to get to me from DR

I just wanted to show the path my figures take to get to me. I live in Loma Linda,CA and they are being shipped from Ontario, CA., which is about 20 miles away from me. I used to get my figures next day after I got the shipping notice, now it takes a week. Here's why:

This is the shipping email I get:

This is the path my figures take based on that:

Zoomed out

Zoomed in:

Here are the miles it would roughly take along that path:

And here is what it would really take if it was done correctly:

Now WHY does this happen? I just dont understand the reason for this. Since this have been going on, 3 figures have been delivered smashed in shipping. The latest was Kobra Khan. This is totally unnessasary.

Thanks for looking.

I was wondering the same thing honestly. They must not ship from the post office directly. My figures went from CA to NV to IN....I live in WI....so basicly they passed me by two states and now have to make their way back to me. However, an Orger or Ebay Seller that sends me stuff from CA goes from CA directly to a distribution center in WI.

BTW....as of today my figures are still in IN....have been since last Friday according to Newgistics tracking

I'm starting to wonder if it's not so that they can "run out of QC stock" before people start needing replacments. Otherwise, it makes absolutely no sence what soever. And I thought my wait was bad. Sheesh. All Scott says is "Ask DR" but DR can say nothing. When exactly are we supposed to be able to see changes again?

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Oh Deary My ...
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Binx4life View Post
    Now WHY does this happen? I just dont understand the reason for this. Since this have been going on, 3 figures have been delivered smashed in shipping. The latest was Kobra Khan. This is totally unnessasary.

Thanks for looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I was wondering the same thing honestly. They must not ship from the post office directly. My figures went from CA to NV to IN....I live in WI....so basicly they passed me by two states and now have to make their way back to me. However, an Orger or Ebay Seller that sends me stuff from CA goes from CA directly to a distribution center in WI.
    Its because you guys do not understand freight shipping, it is not like UPS or USPS. It basically means your stuff is thrown on a truck and hauled around until that truck is scheduled to make a stop at its destination for your package, the it is handed off to the USPS to deliver to you. Its kind of like UPS Ground if UPS Ground decided you would not get your package till 2 weeks from now and in that time the truck it was one passed you two or three times.

Its not designed to be expedient or make sense to the regular consumer, its designed to save the USPS money and take some of the burden off them (which is why they partner with these companies), because the USPS is going bankrupt and can't handle it on their own.

So people need to stop comparing it to other online retailers or eBay sellers, its not the same thing. Please note I am not saying its a great thing or even acceptable for what you pay. Just trying to clear up why it takes a tour of America and when you track it literally bypasses some of you.

About the only thing Mattel can do is request that they don't ship it freight, Newgistics can ship in a more expedient manner. Not having seen the contract or the paperwork I can only assume that they are defaulting it to the freight option.

Also its not really shipping from Ontario, that is where the billing is processed and where the warehouse is. Matty basically sends it to NV and there it begins its shipping journey. Think of Matty as your home and NV as the Post Office.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I have to say, as frustrating as it was for me that my stuff started to get shipped via Newgistics instead of UPS and as annoying as it was that Matty CS seemed to be able to do nothing about it...

Newgistics hasn't been so bad for me the last couple months. Things seem to be showing up in a fairly timely manner.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I have to say, as frustrating as it was for me that my stuff started to get shipped via Newgistics instead of UPS and as annoying as it was that Matty CS seemed to be able to do nothing about it...

Newgistics hasn't been so bad for me the last couple months. Things seem to be showing up in a fairly timely manner.
    I know some people who had their subs this month come via Newgistics and they got them before me and UPS. So maybe they moved off freight or are testing moving off freight. Or they could have just got lucky

I have never understood why they can't change shipping, unless Matty has already paid for a certain amount of packages via the one method and can't do the change without extra charge. But for this kind of volume they are doing I would think they could move freely between the two.

Without the contract details its hard to tell, corporate shipping is an entirely different ballgame from consumer shipping.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Also its not really shipping from Ontario, that is where the billing is processed and where the warehouse is. Matty basically sends it to NV and there it begins its shipping journey. Think of Matty as your home and NV as the Post Office.
    That makes sense, thanks. And the time it took to get to me wasnt the problem, it was that single figures packed in the small boxes were handled so much along the way that by the time I got them, they were beat up and smashed. It isnt cheaper when they have to replace the figure every other month for me. Sinse they started shipping this way, I have had to get 7 replacements because of smashed or damaged figures arriving.

Not sure if this is a sign of improvement, but my thunder punch he-man and draego man arrived today which is a new record for newgistics. Said they got sent out on the 17th, so 7 days with a weekend in the middle isn't too bad for them.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post
    Not sure if this is a sign of improvement, but my thunder punch he-man and draego man arrived today which is a new record for newgistics. Said they got sent out on the 17th, so 7 days with a weekend in the middle isn't too bad for them.
    I have mine shipped to NY state and then just drive over to pick them up. According to Newgistics they were handed off to the post office and delivered today. They were sent on the 17th so that is only 7 days. Even if I used UPS (which I used to and don't know how I got switched) it would still be 7-8 days.

Snappy Threader
    It usually takes an average of ten days to get to me (unless it get's held in the warehouse, where then it takes up to 17 days). I see the same stuff, from CA to Nevada back to CA back to Nevada to Colorado, to Kansas...... I work with shipping to a small extent at work, so I know how that stuff goes, but I also know that if I pay around 9 bucks to fedex something the same weight as a MOTUC figure, it can get there in two days. That is where my frustration lies, I mean, I see speculation threads and Matty site pages for the next month's sale (and countless hey look what I got threads) before my package even gets to Kansas. I guess I get them in the end, so no harm no foul, just seems odd that shipping them back and forth between Nevada and California sometimes three times, actually is saving anyone any money. If I send a parcel to Florida, it doesnt go from Illinois to Indiana back to Illinois back to Indiana to Kentucky, to Tennessee, back to Kentucky, back to Tennessee, to Alabama, to South Carolina, to Georgia, to Florida, back to Georgia, then finally to a podunk Florida post office that sends it to three other podunk Florida post offices then to the destination. That is bad business no matter how you look at it. May save them money (though I'm not sure how) but it is a pain in the rump to the sender and receiver.