Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Newgistics / Cornerstone Logistics - shipping from Matty

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Is this for everyone or a select few? Subscription users still using UPS?
    No idea, they could be "testing" it out this month on select users

My subs (both of them) shipped UPS, my order from the store on Tues shipped USPS Ground (no other Ground option) and was more expensive $10.55 vs $8.70

I know originally in 2008-2009 they used USPS First Class for awhile before making the full switch to UPS
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    This is the first time this has happened to me. Anyone else? And the tracking link sends me to "Cornerstone Logistics" or "Newgistics." Anyone else getting this?
    I got mine this morning, and it had already shipped. Oh, mine did come from Mattycollector and the link tok my to UPS tracking
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Well my subscription shipped UPS Ground, which has been my default shipping method. I ordered a Tytus for a friend on Tuesday, and just placed my order as usual. I got the shipping confirmation, and it also shipped using Cornerstone Logistics.

Just as a test, I just now went to place an order on the MattyCollector site to pay attention to shipping. I was only offered UPS next day, UPS 2nd day, or USPS Ground....no more UPS Ground option available. Weird.
    I have many MOC MOTUC figures available for sale/trade here and SDCC exclusives for sale/trade here.

I don't like not knowing what day my items will arrive
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Well after 3 tries of copying and pasting the URL, it finally took me to a site for Newgistics. The first two times it was at UPS and with no info to share. So now, as of 1:00am this morning, they only had my electronic info. There is no scheduled date of arrival...
    I love an all inclusive canon!

I just spoke with an individual customer service representative at Newgistics, aka Cornerstone Logistics, in a attempt to figure out how this works.

As per this representative. Our figures shipped from Canada to Nevada at which point they are suppose to be sorted and then delivered by the USPS. He said generally we should allow 5-10 days for delivery and they cannot tell us when, date wise, they'll be delivered.

I have to say for the same shipping price I want UPS back. It was a 3-5 day delivery with delivery tracking and insurance.

I think we need some information from Mattel or Digital River how it is that they've forced some of us into a slower and uninsured shipping method for the same price that they charged for UPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmelton78 View Post
    I just spoke with an individual customer service representative at Newgistics, aka Cornerstone Logistics, in a attempt to figure out how this works.

As per this representative. Our figures shipped from Canada to Nevada at which point they are suppose to be sorted and then delivered by the USPS. He said generally we should allow 5-10 days for delivery and they cannot tell us when, date wise, they'll be delivered.

I have to say for the same shipping price I want UPS back. It was a 3-5 day delivery with delivery tracking and insurance.

I think we need some information from Mattel or Digital River how it is that they've forced some of us into a slower and uninsured shipping method for the same price that they charged for UPS.
    I agree. Not happy with this.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

I have to say for the same shipping price I want UPS back. It was a 3-5 day delivery with delivery tracking and insurance
    Seriously, in my case I am paying more for less service
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Seriously, in my case I am paying more for less service
    Me too! I am paying much more for the few extra figures I bought on the 15th. I want UPS Ground back! I want the lower cost, but more importantly, I want to know the scheduled arrival date, the insurance, the awesome tracking, etc. So far, not at all excited about this
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Just checked mine. You can track the progress of the shipment but there's no delivery date. No more UPS ground as an option? Nice head's up Matty!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

This is total BS. Why are my figures shipping from Ontario taking 5-10 days to receive. I could drive up there in a few hours?!? I used to receive my shipment next day, because I live in California, now I don't know when I'll receive them.

This is seriously having me questioning whether I'll order from Matty ever again. 5-10 days for delivery, with no estimated arrival, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    This is total BS. Why are my figures shipping from Ontario taking 5-10 days to receive. I could drive up there in a few hours?!? I used to receive my shipment next day, because I live in California, now I don't know when I'll receive them.

This is seriously having me questioning whether I'll order from Matty ever again. 5-10 days for delivery, with no estimated arrival, no thanks.
    Mine certainly aren't coming from Canada, when I checked it said Ontario, CA. Maybe this other person in the thread heard Ontario and assumed Canada?
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Mattel's favorite new word has been "logistics" for some time; seems a perfect fit.
    That's was my first thought!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Mine certainly aren't coming from Canada, when I checked it said Ontario, CA. Maybe this other person in the thread heard Ontario and assumed Canada?
    Yeah, I just checked again, and it did say Ontario, CA. But I'd still like to know an estimated arrival date, not just that it's 'in transit'.

something isnt right... Mine says two packages (I ordered both Keldor and Tytus) and Package Two left Sparks, NV yesterday but Package One is in Ontario, CA...
    Doc's Feedback (10 Positive!)

Awesome .Orgers!: bigassbuzz, brock_snyder, WDWFreak, madrage
    --------------------------------------------------
    Un-Awesome .ORgers!: Vorgon (impatient and unreasonable)

Enter the HYVE

Quote Originally Posted by DocTroy View Post
    something isnt right... Mine says two packages (I ordered both Keldor and Tytus) and Package Two left Sparks, NV yesterday but Package One is in Ontario, CA...
    Same here, but mine was 1 Tytus & 1 Bow.
    I got charged separate shipping for each item. Then got taxed on the shipping (which is the norm btw).
    Shipped by "NEWgistics" Tytus shipping and tax $12. Bow shipping and tax $11 to Tousand Oaks, CA

I have 2 subs that were shipped by UPS. 2 Bows, 2 Shadow Beasts, 2 Preternia He-Man w/ maps. Shipping and tax $22 and some change to Thousand Oaks, CA

So I was charged $22 for 2 beasts and 4 figures by UPS.
    But charged $23 for 1 giant and 1 figure by Newgistics.
    How does that math make any sense? I should have been charged no more than about $15 total shipping & sales tax for the Tytus and Bow order.

If I order multiple items from TRU, Amazon or any other e-tailer for that matter and the items have to come from warehouses in different parts of the country, I still only have to pay one reasonable blanket shipping rate even if they use different shipping carriers.

I'm not ready to get the pitchfork & torch out after Matty over this as I feel it is more of a DR thing.
    But it is just another log on the fire of why Mattel needs to dump DR in favor of a more competent distributor of it's product.

With these shipping prices I'm almost better off getting any extras I want on sale day from the secondary market.
    Up, Up, & Away!
    The Amazing Brian-Man of SpyMonkey Creations Inc.
    President & Founder of the Plundor Appreciation League

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-Man View Post
    With these shipping prices I'm almost better off getting any extras I want on sale day from the secondary market.
    I've been preaching that for over a year now. DR/Matty charge way too much for shipping, and then throw tax on top of that. Its getting to be too much.

I haven't got my shipping confirmation yet =\

Quote Originally Posted by DocTroy View Post
    Mine says two packages too but I only ordered one Keldor and nothing else. Not sure what's going on but I already miss UPS.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar

Fanstatic. Nice that my sub was defaulted to this nonsense. My sub this month has been nothing but a nightmare to try and get straightened out. I'm almost afraid to call DR on this issue, b/c god only knows what they will screw up in trying to change my shipping option. Seriously, this may be the last year I do the sub. The inability to properly ensure the right cards are being charged after being updated, the numerous problems in talking with customer service, and now the sudden shift in using a USPS carrier without warning. This is how they are treating their SUB holders!!! At this point I don't want to hear that this is a DR issue. Mattel owns this problem outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    At this point I don't want to hear that this is a DR issue. Mattel owns this problem outright.
    This is sooo true. I get so tired of hearing how it's DR's problem, not Mattel's. It IS Mattel's problem.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I was repeating what the shipping company representative stated. Perhaps he assumed it was Canada which doesn't bode well for the reliability of the information obtained from the company. It seems, like Mattel themselves, they hire companies that care less about customer service and more about the bottom line. I'm not saying a company shouldn't be concerned with profit but without decent customer support your customers will go elsewhere eliminating your profit.

Either way this isn't right. On top of everything else I said I would like to know why our packages need to ship from California to Nevada so that they can be distributed?

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    This is sooo true. I get so tired of hearing how it's DR's problem, not Mattel's. It IS Mattel's problem.
    I saw that you posted the question over on the "Ask Matty" thread over on the Matty Forum. I really want to hear the explanation on this. More importantly, I want to hear what's going to be done about this issue. It's not OK that they just moved customers shipping to this service without warning them first. Now, I have no idea when it's going to be delivered, and have no way of making sure that I'm home so I don't have a box of merchandise sitting out in my foyer of my complex until I arrive. Seriously, this month has been one collossal screw up after another. This issues have taken up more time and hassle then any dealings with the WSOD.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I can understand why, I think they were charging us $8.70 and then when the invoice came they were eating the "Real" cost. For 2 years shipping has been a lot cheaper through MattyCollector then it is via Amazon or most other online stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    I've been preaching that for over a year now. DR/Matty charge way too much for shipping, and then throw tax on top of that. Its getting to be too much.
    At one point I actually talked to the head of my employer's shipping department, and we calculated shipping from Wisconsin for a single figure using both USPS and FedEx. I believe USPS was a little higher and FedEx was a bit lower but not by more than a dollar in either direction compared to UPS Economy/Ground. Considering they're crossing the continent in some cases, it seemed like we weren't getting swindled with shipping (which was my concern at the time).

That being said, switching shipping carriers on customers with no notice is shady.

(For the record, my subscription was sent UPS.)
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Me too! I am paying much more for the few extra figures I bought on the 15th. I want UPS Ground back! I want the lower cost, but more importantly, I want to know the scheduled arrival date, the insurance, the awesome tracking, etc. So far, not at all excited about this
    I agree, I choose UPS ground when I placed my order, I got this cheap “service” CL. This is just disrespectful. Same price but is not the same service. Mattel just bring UPS back, period.