Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Newgistics / Cornerstone Logistics - shipping from Matty

Heroic Warrior
    The hits just keep on coming Mattel...

After Hsss, I'm done for a while. I'd be better off waiting for a deal on eBay. With the letdown of reveals this past week and how hot (and accessible) the new Thundercats line is looking, MOTU is rapidly sinking in priority for my monthly purchases.

And on a side note, I love how Mattel is completely insistent on ignoring consumer demand (i.e. alternate heads). It's like they want us to believe they are doing us a favor.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    I've been preaching that for over a year now. DR/Matty charge way too much for shipping, and then throw tax on top of that. Its getting to be too much.
    Mattel doesn't randomly tax people, they're required by law to charge tax by certain states and countries for items sold online.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Mattel doesn't randomly tax people, they're required by law to charge tax by certain states and countries for items sold online.
    During the run of this line I've never been charged sales tax until now.

Generally if you order online from a store that has a brick and mortar location in your state you pay sales tax. Mattel does not have a brick and mortar location.

Ironically. They make the switch to Newgistics though, that which has locations in Texas and Nevada, for shipping and I get charged tax.

Random.

I ordered three Shadowbeasts on Tuesday. I just tracked my package, and now it says I have two packages. The first package states "Electronic info received" in Ontario, CA. The second package states: "In Transit" in Sparks, NV. Package two also has a much longer tracking number in addition to the original reference/order number. So strange.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I ordered three Shadowbeasts on Tuesday. I just tracked my package, and now it says I have two packages. The first package states "Electronic info received" in Ontario, CA. The second package states: "In Transit" in Sparks, NV. Package two also has a much longer tracking number in addition to the original reference/order number. So strange.
    I have the exact same thing. I have a Shadow Beast, Bow and PD He-Man. And I have two packages that look to be in different locations. I have no idea where anything is, or when to expect anything to be delivered.

Package two also has a much longer tracking number in addition to the original reference/order number. So strange.
    I just looked and I also have a much longer tracking # than before. It looks to be a USPS tracking # even though it doesn't currently track over on the USPS website yet. I will keep checking though.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Ditto here Maniac
    Doc's Feedback (10 Positive!)

Awesome .Orgers!: bigassbuzz, brock_snyder, WDWFreak, madrage
    --------------------------------------------------
    Un-Awesome .ORgers!: Vorgon (impatient and unreasonable)

Enter the HYVE

Same here as well MOTU Maniac
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Tmelton78 View Post

Generally if you order online from a store that has a brick and mortar location in your state you pay sales tax. Mattel does not have a brick and mortar location.

Ironically. They make the switch to Newgistics though, that which has locations in Texas and Nevada, for shipping and I get charged tax.

Random.
    talk to your state representatives.

Masters of t CS USE ONLY - 1 1 1 $22.16
    T5808-9993 Bundle PID - 1 1 1 $36.66
    T5813-9993 MOTU: Pretern 1 1 1 $3.33

So looking at that, anyone want to venture a guess why Preternia He-Man is more expensive to ship than Bow?

As I read it, I am paying $2.16 for Bow and $3.33 for Preternia He-man.

Shenanigans.
    Want List: Mosquitor Staction, He-Ro, Orko + Adam, Keldor, Battle Armor He-Man
    Trader Feedback

Yes in GENERAL that's true but laws vary from state to state. I live in Florida, and the state of Florida REQUIRES it's residents to pay sales tax for anything purchased online. I've always had to pay for sales tax on the Classics line with the exception of the first few figures. Outside of this line, anything I've ever purchased online I've paid sales tax on.

And…even if an online retailer doesn't collect sales tax and your state requires that you do pay sales tax…you're still required by law to pay that sales tax yourself. So, I have no issue with being charged the tax. However trivial the amount is, I don't have to be concerned with it later.
    Last edited by chuc98; February 18, 2011 at 11:30am.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

All I know is that their tracking system is next to useless. It's taking longer for the package to arrive, their CustServ Dept is a complete joke, and we paid more money for less service.

Middle finger to you, Mattel

Enter the HYVE

I live in AZ so it used to be quick getting them from UPS. I just tracked it. Here's the path:

Ontario, CA
    Sparks, NV
    Elko, NV
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Wamsutter, WY

Wyoming? Really? They know AZ is south from Utah, right? At this rate, my package will be in Canada before it starts it's descent down to AZ.

Not happy.

Dan
    "I'm like King Midas in reverse...everything i touch turns to crap!"

This is a literal nightmare. How is this cheaper? It's going to more destinations before it's arrival/ultimate destination, and in some cases, leaving the state that the arrival/ultimate destination is in... fuel, man power, time... all of those things are LOGISTICS, Mattel! It works the same in the military; every time something moves, it costs money.

Enter the HYVE

I'm assuming the second package is the "real" tracking number for the package. The first package is the tracking number Matty uses for filling/packing the order and orderring the shipping. Then the second package is actually the tracking for when it goes out.

Seems weird but I guess it makes sense. I really miss my UPS delivery though.

I got my Vikor three days after I ordered him last time. I got my shipping confirmation from Mattel Wednesday morning, so tomorrow will be the third business day (mail runs on Saturdays, so I count that as THEIR business day, albeit not a traditional business day). That was UPS, mind you, not "Cornerstone Logistics" or "Newgistics" (why two names for their company?) and they've already failed in my opinion with their lack of customer service, their bogus idea of a tracking system, and their less-than ideal economics.

Matty Addresses Shipping Changes on Facebook

We’ve heard from some of you that shipping charges this month are different from what you expected. There are two things going on…

First, 2011 subscriptions now contain multiple figures that don’t necessarily all weigh the same. Last year’s figures were all calculated at 1 lb each. This year, that's not the case. For instance, you may have a 1 lb. figure and a 2 lb. figure in one shipment, which equals 3 lbs worth of shipping for 2 figures. Add in multiples for multiple subscriptions and your shipping charges could drastically vary from what you might expect. We have received some calls from customers asking if their shipping rates were too high, but we have confirmed with all orders that shipping rates are correct based on the factors listed above. However, if you’re still concerned, please do contact Customer Service at 1-877-GO-MATTY or MattyCollector.CS@digitalriver.com.

Second, we changed from UPS Ground to USPS Ground for non-Club Eternia and non-Club Ecto-1 shipments (all 2011 subscription orders will be shipped via the method you originally chose). As you know, we’ve held the same shipping rate since 2008. As fees from shippers have increased (which they do every year), we’ve been able to hold down costs by modifying our packing materials. This year, we faced a BIG increase in shipping costs. Knowing how important it is to try to keep the rates where they were, we did a full investigation of other options. For domestic customers, USPS Ground was the only option that allowed us to hold steady on rates. This option is fully trackable and should only add 1-2 business days to shipping times, all without increasing the rate. We're also investigating other types of shipping materials, so you may see different packing for future shipments. We will continue to do our best to keep the costs as low as possible and ensure you get your packages in a timely, trackable manner.
    **Please do not link directly to Matty's Facebook due to language used there. Thanks! **
    Last edited by DocTroy; February 18, 2011 at 01:07pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Enter the HYVE

Generally if you order online from a store that has a brick and mortar location in your state you pay sales tax. Mattel does not have a brick and mortar

Random.
    Yes they do have a B&B location (or did a couple of years ago) in the Richardson/Plano/Garland/N.Dallas area. I've never been though.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Thanks for the info Doctroy.

No problem Jean-Paul

Enter the HYVE

My curiosity got the best of me and I contacted Mattel's customer service line, which is handled by Digital River I believe.

Anyhow, taking into consideration what many of you have said concerning this potentially being a sales tax, regardless of never being charged a sales tax in the past, I did the math and the amount I was charged was nearly double our state sales tax.

While I'm not interested in paying more without question I'm also not crying over a couple dollars. The real issue for me is disclosure and aside from the sudden change in shipping method without prior notice this tax isn't defined as to what were being taxed for. It just states "Tax."

The representative I spoke with also couldn't tell what I was being taxed for either. He didn't believe it was a state sales tax being as it's so much higher and looking through my past invoices I hadn't been charged in the past. As mentioned here though there is always a first time for everything so he could be wrong but that doesn't explain the amount being so much more then the sales tax should be.

What did catch my attention is that he stated, pretty clearly, that he couldn't clarify what the tax charge was for because it wasn't a charge from the order itself. It was a charge by the new shipping carrier.

This makes me wonder if the new carrier is charging tax for the delivery service, which would still be too high regardless, or if this is a additional handling fee that was imposed by the carrier and without a proper location DR just charged it out as tax.

Either way. For this new total order price paid to purchase Bow I could pre-order my figures in the future and not deal with the WSOD or the fear of a figure selling out before I can get to it. For an extra 5.00 or so I can also have the figures shipped to me by UPS, which I prefer.

The seller I have in mind has exceptional customer service also...that's a bonus. I'll still support the line but I'm choosing to simplify my experience and eliminate this unnecessary stress that Mattel, Digital River and now this new company seems to create.

My curiosity got the best of me and I contacted Mattel's customer service line, which is handled by Digital River I believe.

Anyhow, taking into consideration what many of you have said concerning this potentially being a sales tax, regardless of never being charged a sales tax in the past, I did the math and the amount I was charged was nearly double our state sales tax.

While I'm not interested in paying more without question I'm also not crying over a couple dollars. The real issue for me is disclosure and aside from the sudden change in shipping method without prior notice this tax isn't defined as to what were being taxed for. It just states "Tax."

The representative I spoke with also couldn't tell what I was being taxed for either. He didn't believe it was a state sales tax being as it's so much higher and looking through my past invoices I hadn't been charged in the past. As mentioned here though there is always a first time for everything so he could be wrong but that doesn't explain the amount being so much more then the sales tax should be.

What did catch my attention is that he stated, pretty clearly, that he couldn't clarify what the tax charge was for because it wasn't a charge from the order itself. It was a charge by the new shipping carrier.

This makes me wonder if the new carrier is charging tax for the delivery service, which would still be too high regardless, or if this is a additional handling fee that was imposed by the carrier and without a proper location DR just charged it out as tax.

Either way. For this new total order price paid to purchase Bow I could pre-order my figures in the future and not deal with the WSOD or the fear of a figure selling out before I can get to it. For an extra 5.00 or so I can also have the figures shipped to me by UPS, which I prefer.

The seller I have in mind has exceptional customer service also...that's a bonus. I'll still support the line but I'm choosing to simplify my experience and eliminate this unnecessary stress that Mattel, Digital River and now this new company seems to create.
    Sorry you are going through this.

On a side note, who is the girl in your profile pic? She's beautiful.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Sorry you are going through this.

On a side note, who is the girl in your profile pic? She's beautiful.
    Thank you, she's my wife.

Thank you, she's my wife.
    Good job, my friend.

Good job, my friend.

I tried. If she'd only knew then what she knows now.

I tried. If she'd only knew then what she knows now.
    If she only knew then that you and other men would sit around on message boards obsessing over the shipping woes and quality issues of little plastic toy men.