Thread: What happened BEFORE King Grayskull's time?

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

What happened BEFORE King Grayskull's time?

We've got Eternia's history detailed out (albeit in patches) for quite a few centuries now.
    But has anyone thought what happened before the time of King Grayskull?

We know that the Snakeman might have pre-dated him slightly, but what about beyond that? And at what point did earliest civilisation begin to emerge on Eternia?

(As an aside, personally, I wish they had gone in a different direction with Vikor's bio to go with this (and also to keep in line with him being the first (as in prototype) He-Man).

I would have liked if they had said that Vikor was part of Eternia's earliest known tribe, when savage pre-historic beasts still roamed the land.
    The evil Red Beast was terrorising his tribe, and Vikor was the only one who dared stand up to him. He was visited by a being from the skies, who called himself Zodak, who pointed him to a powerful material found near Vikor's tribe's worship monument, Skull Castle. Out of this material, Vikor constructed a powerful sword, strong in strength, but which also seemed to hold mystical properties.
    As such, he fought off the evil Red Beast - though this was complicated when a being from an unknown land known as Demo-Man appeared on the scene.
    Vikor survived to a great age, and while old, was still around and able when King Grayskull formed the Council. He died a warrior’s death defending the secrets of the Castle of Grayskull against the Horde.)

...That's my take. What else do we know / think about "Pre-King Grayskull times" on Eternia?
    Thoughts?

~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

If one were to accept the mini-comics, then there was a great age. Magic and technology mixed in ways still unimaginable to create a society that had no equal.

Then something happened. War. No one knows what started it or what the sides were, or even why they fought, but they did. It was terrible and it destroyed them. It was so terrible it broke time and space.

Those who lived on did so in the ashes of the aftermath. Only small pockets remained, bastions of technology that had escaped the fires of war. Magic suffered a similar fate. The world descended into barbarism and chaos. Knowledge and peace was replaced by savagry and survival of the fittest.

The Goddess/Sorceress had been charged with watching over two resources, one of which was in a cave of artifacts (He-man would get the Harnesses and the Battle Ram from it), the other was Castle Grayskull. Skeletor arrived to Eternia via a tear in time and space, forcibly dumped on Eternia with no way home.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    i blame the damn snakes for all the chaos that took place on eternia.

it would be very interesting if they created a back story for that time.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Vikor should totally be from Prototernia.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

in my canon, it was just really boring.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Captain Caveman was Eternia's hero before King Grayskull's time ...

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    It is simple what happened before Grayskull, nothing, as it was so boring. We don't need to know the boring stuff.

However, if you must, I say Osiris and Ishtar gave birth to Loki, who decided to screw everything that walked in order to populate Eternia with a varient of races and creatures. The End.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

His parents stayed up late and watched whatever they wanted, school night or not.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    If one were to accept the mini-comics, then there was a great age. Magic and technology mixed in ways still unimaginable to create a society that had no equal.

Then something happened. War. No one knows what started it or what the sides were, or even why they fought, but they did. It was terrible and it destroyed them. It was so terrible it broke time and space.

Those who lived on did so in the ashes of the aftermath. Only small pockets remained, bastions of technology that had escaped the fires of war. Magic suffered a similar fate. The world descended into barbarism and chaos. Knowledge and peace was replaced by savagry and survival of the fittest.

The Goddess/Sorceress had been charged with watching over two resources, one of which was in a cave of artifacts (He-man would get the Harnesses and the Battle Ram from it), the other was Castle Grayskull. Skeletor arrived to Eternia via a tear in time and space, forcibly dumped on Eternia with no way home.
    That's pretty much what I've been going with! I LOVE a good technological past that was mysteriously destroyed. In fact, my love of that whole story angle may have started with MotU. No matter what they make up in the offical cannon, my past for that planet will always involve that amazing society that was somehow lost and destroyed.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    LOL!

The Great Wars unleash cosmic destruction! Man's civilization is cast in ruins! 200X years later, Eternia was reborn! A strange new world rises from the old! A place of Savagery! Super-science! And Sorcery!

But one man bursts his bonds to fight for justice! With his friends, He-Ro the Wizard and warlord Tytus, he pits his strength, his courage and his fabulous Sword of He against the forces of evil!

He is Grayskull the Barbarian!

I swear this is pretty much how I see MOTU. Much like Thundarr. Especially those early mini-comics.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 16, 2011 at 05:32pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

it shows preternia disguise he-man on bionatops in his bio, and saying that he helped his ancestor king grayskull, isn't it obvious king grayskull was in those times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Captain Caveman was Eternia's hero before King Grayskull's time ...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2079/...37e794a0f2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    LOL!

The Great Wars unleash cosmic destruction! Man's civilization is cast in ruins! 200X years later, Eternia was reborn! A strange new world rises from the old! A place of Savagery! Super-science! And Sorcery!

But one man bursts his bonds to fight for justice! With his friends, He-Ro the Wizard and warlord Tytus, he pits his strength, his courage and his fabulous Sword of He against the forces of evil!

He is Grayskull the Barbarian!

I swear this is pretty much how I see MOTU. Much like Thundarr. Especially those early mini-comics.
    It really kind of is, I see that influence in some of designs. I missed the similarities as a kid.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.