Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell Mattel about your preferred changes to the NYTF reveals (even if it's too late!)

Tell Mattel about your preferred changes to the NYTF reveals (even if it's too late!)

I thought it might be a good idea for us to collate our requests for changes to the NYTF reveals before it's too late - like it seems to be for that ridiculous comb-whip.

Here's mine:
    Clawful - Give us two heads. The revealed head is too vintage. It needs an update. The shield (as cool as it is) is unnecassary. I suppose it's done now though. I would also like Clawful's chest plate to be improved - he seems too flat in the pectoral area.

Faceless one - Scrap that head and sculpt a new one. The eyes are too deepset and the scull is too square. I see him as a benevolent character and he looks creepy. I also think that his cape is too zig-zaggy at the bottom. Definitely keep the "light up" feature of his havoc staff, but maybe paint the scull white? (isn't a light up feature an action feature?) Oh, and paint the inside of his hood black.

Man-E-Faces - re-sculpt the faces thingy. If anything, just so that it is lower down so that the top of his face isn't obscured in shadow. Everything else (IMO) is perfect!

Teela - don't call her Teela. IMO she will never be Teela so she has to be someone else. I still don't understand the desperation for people to have this variant. My preference is that she didn't exist but it's not all about me...

Megator - no feedback. I am most likely going to sell him. I was keen to see him but I'm underwhelmed.
    Last edited by He-Boy; February 14, 2011 at 04:39am.

I am actually really happy about all the figures as they are...

but if there are changes possible what I don't think then it would be:

The Faceless One - mouthless head, thinner nose, black hood from inside (like the photoshop improvements from yesterday.) A second head would have been nice here. The human form from the comic!!!

Man-E-Faces - as he is, just don't make him with orange skin for the mattycollector.com release!!! For the 2Pack it would be alright for those who want him to be orange.

I like all the rest very much! Especially the shield for Clawful
    Last edited by Xetheus; February 14, 2011 at 07:10am.

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    Ok, here's my preferred changes....seriously these things need to be looked at!

Clawful - Please give us an optional 200x-inspired / generally grittier head (so two heads all up). The vintage head on the NYTF version looks waaay too dated and muppet-like. To be honest, either that or give us a brand new, improved head please minus black eyebrows and a better facial sculpt melding the two styles...

Also, if possible supply another attachable claw or arm with claw, similar to the huge, grittier, nastier claw featured on the 200x Clawful staction...

Teela - Give her some proper cleavage Make the figure a little more Vallejo-esque. It's for "adult collectors", so show off a little bit more of her feminine assets...after all, it is Bikini-Teela!!!???

Faceless one - Repaint the face to make it appear more menacing...or maybe make it clear / translucent with some dark shading? Or give the fans an alternate minimalistic head...I dunno, but the face needs some work. Otherwise everthing else is magic!

That is all
    Last edited by kinggreyskull2011; February 14, 2011 at 04:56am.

Faceless one
    New head... or one that is closer to one of the other 5 original prototype heads that Scott mentioned

Man-E-Faces - re-sculpt the faces thingy. If anything, just so that it is lower down so that the top of his face isn't obscured in shadow.

Teela - don't call her Teela... make her a new character

She-Ra vs. Supergirl - scrap this... do not insult your customers by selling ANOTHER faulty item. This She-Ra isn't even a new deco. Release this 2-pack once you have the new version of She-Ra done, and re-color her in some kind of mini-comic/media-specific way (like He-Man)
    Last edited by bcrduke; March 9, 2011 at 03:25am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Great Idea- Everyone Scan EVERY reveal in detail...Remember Robotos Shoulders!!! (I actually feel shared responsibility for that one, We should have noticed! IMO)

Clawful- The Head is Awful! Look at the Stactions brow please!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I know they said "no more 200X inspired heads!" But Clawful looks awful! That head looks even goofier than the original-- and that's saying something!

Just bad, bad, bad.

Whiplash looks AWESOME with his 200X head! I could not imagine this amazing figure without it! Clawful needs the same option, because the original sculpt is so weird looking, and if you're going to update these characters for a modern era, then you need allow SOME room for change/improvement from the originals.

This is the first time in the whole line that I've had a single gripe about the look or production of any figure, but this one is a majorly needed change (or addition)!
    Last edited by GrenadierStinny; February 14, 2011 at 05:20am.
    Come be a part of my Toy News Network-- updated daily! - http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

Read all about the best legendary toy lines at Stinny's Toy History! - http://toy-history.blogspot.com/

Clawful: His chest should stick out more via his armor. Two heads would be preferred, since not everyone is happy about this one.

Man-E-Faces: Not sure about his color scheme. Maybe a darker blue? He is also too pale.

Teela - Be sure to make plenty of them. I am not going to be happy about paying $50+ for her. Very happy about her not having an articulated tummy.
    Bigger breasts via her armor please. Someone mentioned not calling her Teela. If she was Teela in the mini comic, keep her as Teela.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Teela - don't call her Teela... make her a new character

She-Ra vs. Supergirl - scrap this... do not insult your customers by selling ANOTHER faulty item. This She-Ra isn't even a new deco. Release this 2-pack once you have the new version of She-Ra done, and re-color her in some kind of mini-comic/media-specific way (like He-Man)
    I'm fully on board with these two!

I also have to mention:

PLEASE make sure everything is alright with the neck on Bikini Teela. It's obviously different, but in some pictures it looks like she goes from chest to head, without a neck. It might just be the angles, I might be paranoid, but we don't need another "the fans didn't notice our mistake, so it doesn't matter" blame game.

Catra: If there's no way to fix it, just give Catra a silver Beastman whip. That whip-comb is beyond saving. OR, just give her a silver axe-comb. The axe-comb was awesome, and I was interested in interesting "homages" like this, but I think we all agree that the whip-comb has officially killed it. In my opinion, it wins the award for UGLIEST accessory in the MOTUC line.

EDIT:

Faceless One's colouring is wrong. Please make the black shoulder pads and crotch flap dark purple instead of black. Behind his head (the inside of the cowl thing) should be black instead of purple, more black in the empty eye sockets...and then it's pretty darn close.

Weapons Rack: Please make ALL the weapons the silver colour. Not only are the red weapons the wrong colour...they don't make any sense to be included with the Weapons Rack for Castle Grayskull. We were originally shown all silver and everyone loved them. Go back to that please! Put the Man-E-Weapons/Wun-Dar weapons in future weapon paks!

Now:

What they're trying to be (but aren't even close):

What we were shown:
    Last edited by Darkspecter; February 14, 2011 at 06:18am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Dear Mattel,

Here are a few of my thoughts regarding the new figures revealed at Toy Fair 2011:

Battleground Teela is a nice figure, but I wouldn't object to her being named a new character other than Teela. Also, her "breast"-plates could be toned down in size just a little.

Man-E-Faces looks perfect to me. All I hope for is that his colors are like the vintage figure. Please save the cardback color for a DC two pack.

I agree with the above poster about the She-Ra/Supergirl two pack. Please hold off on that pack until it can be released with the revised/fixed She-Ra. While you're at it, please include a more iconic, traditional blue and red Supergirl instead of the one shown at Toy Fair. The obscure, white shirt, grunge teen Supergirl just should not be paired with the iconic She-Ra.

Clawful is awesome, but this is definitely a figure that would greatly benefit from a second, updated head. Please reconsider the "alternate head" policy based on and specifically FOR this example.

Again, agreeing with others, Faceless one should not have a face. That's all I can really say about him.

That's basically all I can think of right now. Thank you for hearing our requests.

Signed,

Club Eternia subscriber and loyal MOTU fan,
    REX-203

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Ooooh I need to add-

Please make the inside of FO's hood/Collar Black, to match the inside of the cape!

In regards to the Clawfuls awful Head, maybe this was one of those times that the 4H made a Better head but it was vetoed?

There may be hope....'Help Me Toy Guru...your My Only hope!'

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

PLEASE, BATTLEGROUND TEELA as a NEW CHARACTER

Im dissapointed about getting another Teela rather than a new character. Both figures arenīt the same character...

I always thought that Blonde Bikini Teela will be an ally of Wundar or Oo-lar. Please, make a new character for her.

Also, MAF and Megator will come with secret accesories, but this variant need also something else. Teela included Zoar, alternative head and snake armor, so something else must be included here...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Faceless one - It needs a new head with no face (he is the Faceless One!!!) and paint the inside of his hood black.

Man-E-Faces - The rotating head is too deep and the top of his face is obscured in shadow.

Teela - A new character for her with a new bio. She isnīt Teela. She must come with a ton of accesories like Teela was.

Catra The cat mask is very weird sculpted. It seems to be melted...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    New name, new character, past time line, not teela

MOTU is an avatar of the imagination.

Even if we get some explanation that this is the same Teela (though it's still possible she's a relative or ancestor or somesuch), just ignore it and call her whatever.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    I really think that the Facelessone needs his head to be either translucent or glow in the dark, id rather glow in the dark, wondering if the hood could be filled in with a black rubber making his face flatter and not so there.

Be nice to have white lines along the gloves that also glow in the dark as per the MVC comic.

Really am happy with the over all line up.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I agree with Snake Hunter. Since they made "concept He-Man" a new character and Wun-Dar his own character, make this Teela her own character.

She looks like she's from the past. I mean, Teela didn't grab some peroxide and decide to go out in her undies.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The Faceless One need change so badly! Paint the inner hood black, get rid of the mouth and eye balls. Please, please do this if nothing else! A long robe would be great if you can but I can live with out it if this is to big a change.

The Weapons Rack weapons need to be all the rustic silver colour as shown at SDCC. I personally will not be buying if they are red.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Man-E-Faces- Please light pipe his robot face eye visor thing. That would look cool!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Well, the main point of concern seems to be Man-E-Faces.

As I've said a number of times now since I first saw the reveal pics, the purple used on him is way too severe. It needs to be much more pink/red-ish. I'm happy either way with the orange / flesh coloured body, but the purple looks too strong. As this is only down to paint job and not a sculpt issue (which would require a lot more work), I'd really hope to see this corrected.

There is an issue with his face - as others have commented, too deep, so hard to see from many angles. It's better than the 200x version - that version had such a small "window" that you could barely see which face he was displaying; but as for the MOTUC version, maybe tweak how the head sits a little, to show the faces off better.

Blonde-Bikini-Battle-Ground Teela - the only thing that struck me was that the hair doesn't look quite right. It may well have been due to lighting, but the hair looked too sandy-coloured to me. I would have liked to have seen a pony-tailed head... too late for an extra head to be thrown in?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Clawful - Give us two heads. The revealed head is too vintage. It needs an update.
    I'm not gonna get into that whole "Classics is primarily updates of vintage designs" thing here!! Personally, I liked the head and.... maybe just me, but didn't find a severe different between this head and the 200x design. That said, the figure is light on an extras (presumably why they threw the shield in), so there may be room for a second, "200x" head. Unlikely though, especially after what we've heard about Matty's demands on severely cutting back 200x-inspired heads.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    the first weapon rack we were shown was perfect. dont like the red weapons

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    MOTU is an avatar of the imagination.

Even if we get some explanation that this is the same Teela (though it's still possible she's a relative or ancestor or somesuch), just ignore it and call her whatever.
    Exactly.
    I'm personally hoping she'll be a past "incarnation" of Teela (see this thread), but either way, as Sandman says, make her whatever you want her to be.

As I've said before, the bios are great, but I do feel that people feel obliged to religiously follow them by the letter sometimes, where one of the great appeals of MOTU through it's various incarnations has always been that you can very much make it to be whatever you want, in your own peersonal "Universe". (I created a whole thread dedicated to this).
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Heroic Warrior
    I don't understand "complaints" like this. It's an awesome toy no matter what Mattel says the characters origins are. Does the company have to do all the thinking for you? After you buy her, she's anyone/thing you want her to be.

She's good like that.

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    In my canon it's the Teela we all know and she joins He-Man to Preternia. He-Man has to be disguised as PD He-Man so he doesn't get recognized, but Teela doesn't so she wears this "prehistoric" outfit to blend in that time/era. I think it fits perfectly in the PoG line and she will look awesome next to PD He-Man and Vikor.

I had no interest in her, but after seeing the NYTF pics I am very excited for her release. I'm also glad she is June's Bonusfigure so she doens't take up a monthly slot for a POP girl or other new character.

Battleground Teela aint Teela in my book but having her as a variant and not a new character means that a monthly figure slot is not been wasted on her.

Isn't this an exercise in futility? We've been told numerous times that by the time we see a figure it's done.

What we see is what we get, whether we like it or not.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!