View Poll Results: Now That Battleground Teela Is Said To Be The Original Teela, What Is Your Opinion?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • That's How It Should Be!!!

31 28.70%
  • I'm Disappointed But I'll Still Buy Her!!!

24 22.22%
  • I'm Disappointed And Will Not Buy Her!!!

1 0.93%
  • I Wasn't Planning On Buying Her Anyway!!!

7 6.48%
  • I Don't Care Since I Ignore The Bios Anyway!!!

34 31.48%
  • I Haven't Decided Yet!!!

7 6.48%
  • I'm Done With MOTUC!!!

0 0%
  • Hey, Ray's Here!!! HA HA HA!!!

4 3.70%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now That Battleground Teela Is Said To Be The Original Teela, What Is Your Opinion?

Now That Battleground Teela Is Said To Be The Original Teela, What Is Your Opinion?

Now That Battleground Teela Is Said To Be The Original Teela, What Is Your Opinion?

*** NO MATTER WHAT YOUR OPINION IS, PLEASE DO NOT MOCK, INSULT, OR BELITTLE THOSE YOU DISAGREE WITH IN THIS THREAD!!! THANK YOU! ***

Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 19, 2011 at 01:05pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I'm fine with it. I mean, we were told at NYTF that the figure was called "Battleground Teela". To me, that meant Teela in a particular battleground armor of some sort. What were people expecting?

I don't want more than one toy of each character on my display and consider the filmation looking Teela to be my definitive Teela but this is a cool looking toy so she will be Vikors biatch.

I don't mind that she is Teela, especially if the bio is well written.

Although that's a huge "IF".
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Still gonna get her. Don't really care about the bio. She's just the comic version of Teela to me. Maybe even somewhat of a Preternia Teela when I set her next to Vikor.

She's not THEE Teela though. THEE Teela is the most popular looking Teela obviously.
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

I am disappointed but I will still buy her.

Such a missed opportunity to have a new character. The bio could cetainly save it though so I will wait and see

I don't care, and I will still buy her. I like the bios too though, they're clever and interesting.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

More interesting, is why she has no cleavage?

Where is the 'It does not matter' choice; these are just fictionalized characters.
    Last edited by Alexxandar; February 19, 2011 at 08:42pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxandar View Post
    More interesting, is why she has no cleavage?

Where is the 'It does not matter' choice; these are just fictionalized characters.
    I think you just answered your own question in the same post.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Doesn't matter a single bit to me. It's toys. They can be what ever I want them to be.

Vikor is Conan, and "Battleground Teela" is his love interest. Admittedly, she does look like a mix between Belit, Valeria and Red Sonja, so maybe I'll just give her a new bio. Teela, Conan's love interest. Yeah that can work.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    That's How It Should Be!!!

I was anticipating that Battleground Teela was going to be someone else--probably a precursor who ran around during the Oo-Larr days, namely Teela's mum who is also named Teela. Now she turns out to be our Teela.

Kewl!

Now Teela being blonde and having two outfits is not only now legitimate, but it is now apart of the MOTU mythos going forward as one of her looks. It's akin to the black Spider-man or the Gray Hulk, once questioned looks but now apart of those characters' mythos. I look forward to this happening with Queen Marlena if we get all three DC Comic (white hair), Filmation (Orange hair) and MYP (brown hair) royal looks.

IN MY CANON...I'll have Teela interchange between these two looks freely (how I love choice!), but she'll be blonde most of the time. Sorta like how I do with 200X He-Man (Re-deco KG with TRU He-Man's head) and Classic He-Man. Somedays I have 200X He-Man up, other days I have Classic He-Man up.

Teela is now in good company: all of the major MOTUC women have multiple looks...Evil-Lyn (4), The Sorceress (3), Queen Marlena (5), She-Ra (4) and Catra (4). I'm on Cloud 10 right now. I haven't been THIS excited for a figure since She-Ra! It's feels great to feel like everyone else for a change.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

There was no "I don't mind because she looks cool" option but that is how I feel and I will get her. However I will place her in the era of Vikor, King Grayskull, He-Ro etc.
    SUPPORTING THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HE-MAN 110%

Disappointed but will still get her.

I think what people need to realize, is that there is a major separation between a figure and a character.

That said, I love this figure, but I don't care for her being an actual Teela. I'd have been happy if they'd said it was a "Teela" from a previous time, the same as how Oo-Lar and Wundar are the "He-Men" from previous times.

However, the good thing about there not being any official MOTU canon being presented by any sort of media (comic, toon, movie, etc), is that I can ignore aspects of the "established" bios as I see fit.

This, this "Teela" is merely a companion for either Vikor, Wundar, or Oo-Lar (when he eventually arrives). I just haven't decided which one yet. Perhaps when Oo-Lar finally arrives, I'll have made a choice at that time. I also haven't decided if I'll keep her name as "Teela", or something else entirely.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Fine with me.
    Fits in with my personal "early ancestors of main characters" concept I have in my personal "Universe".
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    I think this figure is awesome. She's an accurate interpretation of her appearance in the DC comic (and she had blonde hair in the mini comics too, sometimes). I recognize that there is a certain amount of "artistic licence" when it comes to fictional characters, so I can't get upset that new versions of established characters aren't always "faithful" to the original interpretations.

I love this version of Teela. I love having multiple versions like Battle Armor He-Man and blonde Teela. It makes it feel like it's a bigger universe. Every toy line has multiple versions of the main characters. Just look at Star Wars and G.I.Joe.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

I'm dissapoint, but I dont care, she will be Teela that hung out with young man-at-arms and 00-larr n such, per minicomics, ect. I believe she is/should be Teela-Na, the sorceress before.

Or perhaps Vikor ladyfriend as has been suggested

I Don't Care Since I Ignore The Bios Anyway!!!

I'm really glad that this was an option.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

I said I'm disappointed but would buy her since I have a subscription, and thus no choice, but I wouldn't buy her otherwise. The Teela transition, as I like to call it, makes no sense. Why would she bother going from blonde to a redhead? She's never been that worried about her looks. Or even COULD she go from a blonde to a redhead? I don't think Loreal markets to Eternia. It would just make a lot more sense for her to be another character.
    Good Trades with: MOTU_Maniac, bmoore, Riddle of Steel, sandrockgundam04, Brian Ozone, and blue monkey.

I see the SSJ in your name so I hope you get the reference but remember when Vegeta had like brown hair and as the series went along it became black? They never really explained that transition. Leave it up to your imagination.
    Until now.

That was due to cel painting artists getting the shade wrong at first. Those kinds of things used to happen all the time in cel painted animation. This hair (and clothing for that matter) change is a very different situation, and just doesn't make much sense given what we know of both Teela and Eternia.

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    I see the SSJ in your name so I hope you get the reference but remember when Vegeta had like brown hair and as the series went along it became black? They never really explained that transition. Leave it up to your imagination.
    Good Trades with: MOTU_Maniac, bmoore, Riddle of Steel, sandrockgundam04, Brian Ozone, and blue monkey.

Heroic Warrior
    I wish that battle ground Teela was apart the two pack of MOTU vs DC. Because Im not a fan of her.

There is all ready Teela and the Goddess (which is just a repaint of Teela) I hope this MOTUC toy line don't have too many variations of the same characters.

Quote Originally Posted by SSj3 Derek View Post
    That was due to cel painting artists getting the shade wrong at first. Those kinds of things used to happen all the time in cel painted animation. This hair (and clothing for that matter) change is a very different situation, and just doesn't make much sense given what we know of both Teela and Eternia.
    Well his whole costume plus hair was painted differently for multiple episodes until he and Nappa reached Earth and by that time the current Vegeta we all know and love stepped out of the pod. I can see cel mistakes like getting the Bat symbol black and yellow reversed every now and then but Vegeta's whole look was different with no variation for at least 3 episodes. I always took that they meant for Vegeta to look that way until they hashed out his character.
    Until now.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SSj3 Derek View Post
    This hair (and clothing for that matter) change is a very different situation, and just doesn't make much sense given what we know of both Teela and Eternia.
    Why doesn't it? Teela is wearing a female version of the usual He-Man buck that most of the characters are using, right down to the same belt, loincloth and boots.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)