View Poll Results: Now That Battleground Teela Is Said To Be The Original Teela, What Is Your Opinion?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • That's How It Should Be!!!

31 28.70%
  • I'm Disappointed But I'll Still Buy Her!!!

24 22.22%
  • I'm Disappointed And Will Not Buy Her!!!

1 0.93%
  • I Wasn't Planning On Buying Her Anyway!!!

7 6.48%
  • I Don't Care Since I Ignore The Bios Anyway!!!

34 31.48%
  • I Haven't Decided Yet!!!

7 6.48%
  • I'm Done With MOTUC!!!

0 0%
  • Hey, Ray's Here!!! HA HA HA!!!

4 3.70%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now That Battleground Teela Is Said To Be The Original Teela, What Is Your Opinion?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Meesa no care! It's all bombad anyways...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Why doesn't it? Teela is wearing a female version of the usual He-Man buck that most of the characters are using, right down to the same belt, loincloth and boots.
    I really don't want to get into another debate about whether or not Bikini Teela is good since that just brings out the trolls, but I do want to clarify one thing that I think you might be missing. I feel you're mistaking the opinion that her costume doesn't fit Teela for her costume doesn't fit in MOTU. I think most people who have an issue with this toy have a problem that it's Teela wearing it and not the idea of anyone wearing it. Most people have said that they would have no problems if it was another person. It's similar to someone watching a TV show and feeling the writers wrote one of the regular characters doing or saying something that doesn't fit with what they know of the character already.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 25, 2011 at 03:55pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar

I cannot think of any explanation that will be satisfactory. If it was just the outfit than okay but there is no reason for the hair color change. Besides if early He-Man is not Adam than this is not Teela. Consistency people!
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I'm damn well pleased with Teela being Teela.

Some of us read the comic when we were kids, and that was the first Teela we ever saw.
    Last edited by Predabot; February 27, 2011 at 04:15pm.

Hey, waitaminute...what color was Teela's hair when she appeared in New Adventures? Wasn't she blonde then, or am I just remembering incorrectly? Either way, I like the idea of this being Teela during an Eternian rebellion against the Horde. She's a babe on the run-she doesn't have access to her usua wardrobe (or presumably her Red#5 hair dye).

(Actually, I likt to think of her as semi-undercover in this guise.)

I'm way keen on reding her Bio. At first, I hoped that this would be a new character, but I can see it working out just fine.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Am I the only one that hates Battleground Teela?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm very conflicted on this issue as of recently, but voted as disappointed, but still buying her.

I'm only disappointed because Mattel's going the whole Vikor, Demo-Man, Oo-Larr, Fighting Foe Men, etc. route and now Teela (who looks like she belongs with Vikor) is Teela. It's kind of weird because Vikor is He-Man as is Oo-Larr and Demo-Man is Skeletor...and she fits into this same category. *shrugs*

However, if Mattel redeems themselves by making her bio really cool like Angel-T's idea, then I will be on board with her being Teela.

Teela is now in good company: all of the major MOTUC women have multiple looks...Evil-Lyn (4), The Sorceress (3), Queen Marlena (5), She-Ra (4) and Catra (4).
    I think I understand most of your numbers there:

*She-Ra/Catra: 3 toys and Filmation
    *Sorceress: Filmation, NA mini-comic, MYP (She looks different in the NA cartoon and the purple skinned concept by Filmation, but both are off limits. ).

...but I'm confused on the count for Queen Marlena and Evil-Lyn:

*Evil-Lyn: Filmation (including all white, pink, etc.), toy, MYP. Not sure what the 4th one would be. The bronze detailing from the MVC comic and staction? When she ate Ambrosia? The winter cape?
    *Queen Marlena: Filmation (many different colours of the same dress in the minis), DC old lady version, MYP, MYP Battle Armour. No clue on the 5th. Umm...young Marlena when Adora is kidnapped or Astronaut Marlena Glenn? (both are off-limits. ).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    I damn well pleased with Teela being Teela.

Some of us read the comic when we were kids, and that was the first Teela we ever saw.
    Me too. For some of us who were there from the beginning, Teela was blonde. This is just MOTUC being Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Hey, waitaminute...what color was Teela's hair when she appeared in New Adventures? Wasn't she blonde then, or am I just remembering incorrectly?
    Yep. Teela was blonde in New Adventures too. She was fully armored too.

Quote Originally Posted by damo-man View Post
    Am I the only one that hates Battleground Teela?
    Not at all. "She's not my Teela!" seems to be her largest criticism. Shokoti shouldn't have deleted his thread. It was a place for fans to vent.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I think I understand most of your numbers there:

*She-Ra/Catra: 3 toys and Filmation
    *Sorceress: Filmation, NA mini-comic, MYP (She looks different in the NA cartoon and the purple skinned concept by Filmation, but both are off limits. ).

...but I'm confused on the count for Queen Marlena and Evil-Lyn:

*Evil-Lyn: Filmation (including all white, pink, etc.), toy, MYP. Not sure what the 4th one would be. The bronze detailing from the MVC comic and staction? When she ate Ambrosia? The winter cape?
    *Queen Marlena: Filmation (many different colours of the same dress in the minis), DC old lady version, MYP, MYP Battle Armour. No clue on the 5th. Umm...young Marlena when Adora is kidnapped or Astronaut Marlena Glenn? (both are off-limits. ).
    Kewl! You got most of them!

The 4th Evil-Lyn is the young Evil-Lyn from Price of Deceit. Where she first met Keldor. If Mattel does a 200X Teela, they can re-use parts to make this Evil-Lyn (and maybe a young Adora).

The 5th Marlena is indeed Astronaut Marlena. She appears in the same comic as Battleground Teela in a flashback.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 26, 2011 at 04:17am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Kewl! You got most of them!

The 4th Evil-Lyn is the young Evil-Lyn from Price of Deceit. Where she first met Keldor. If Mattel does a 200X Teela, they can re-use parts to make this Evil-Lyn (and maybe a young Adora).
    Oh, crap! I can't believe I missed that one. I've been championing for that version too! There is one other version I forgot to mention...baby Evil-Lyn!

The 5th Marlena is indeed Astronaut Marlena. She appears in the same comic as Battleground Teela in a flashback.
    Oh, cool! I have to say I have never read that comic.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

It makes no sense because

A. No one else on Eternia has shown any inclination to change their hair color, nor any technology that would do so, (Which makes sense. I mean, who would spend their time worrying about inventing hair color products when they are constantly dealing with attacks from Evil sorcerers and monsters.) and Teela has no skill in magic. Yes she will one day probably be the Sorceress, but she has no magical skill at present or in the past.

B. Teela herself has never shown anything even close to vanity. All incarnations of her have been extremely pragmatic, and I can't see her doing anything as frivolous as changing her hair color. It just wouldn't be important to her to take the time to do it. Same with her clothes. Whether or not that is the same buck is unimportant to the character. Her normal outfit is far more practical than the 80's Madonna bikini top on BG Teela, and let's face it, pragmatism is Teela's middle name.

Why doesn't it? Teela is wearing a female version of the usual He-Man buck that most of the characters are using, right down to the same belt, loincloth and boots.
    Last edited by SSj3 Derek; February 26, 2011 at 06:45am.
    Good Trades with: MOTU_Maniac, bmoore, Riddle of Steel, sandrockgundam04, Brian Ozone, and blue monkey.

Not another one of these threads... Avatar of YOUR imagination, move on guys.

Quote Originally Posted by SSj3 Derek View Post
    It makes no sense because

A. No one else on Eternia has shown any inclination to change their hair color, nor any technology that would do so, (Which makes sense. I mean, who would spend their time worrying about inventing hair color products when they are constantly dealing with attacks from Evil sorcerers and monsters.) and Teela has no skill in magic. Yes she will one day probably be the Sorceress, but she has no magical skill at present or in the past.
    You don't need magic to change up your looks. Queen Marlena has no skill in magic either, but has two looks as well. We have orange hair and a green dress and we have brown hair and a white dress. Royals do change up once in awhile.

As far as the magic users go, Toyguru explained that The Sorceress could change her appearance to anything she wants. Which probably explains away Marzo, Evil-Lyn, Skeletor, King Hsss, Hordak, Catra and others.

If these characters were so paranoid, they wouldn't have Orko around as a court jester and Prince Adam wouldn't have been able to get away with half of the stunts that he's known for.

B. Teela herself has never shown anything even close to vanity. All incarnations of her have been extremely pragmatic, and I can't see her doing anything as frivolous as changing her hair color. It just wouldn't be important to her to take the time to do it. Same with her clothes. Whether or not that is the same buck is unimportant to the character. Her normal outfit is far more practical than the 80's Madonna bikini top on BG Teela, and let's face it, pragmatism is Teela's middle name.
    You have to be vain, self-centered or have low self-esteem in order to dye your hair or try a new look? That's like saying if your girlfriend shows up with a new look, she's got problems.

MOTU isn't about pragmatism. It's a sword and sorcery fantasy. After all, her dad armors up only half of his body and He-Man himself goes around with no armor unless he powers up.

As far as the same buck goes, it's the basic Eternian outfit that a lot of characters are wearing--Tri-Klops, He-Man, Fisto, Clamp Champ--only thing it's on a woman. Unfortunately, alot of fans miss this because they've only seen red haired Teela wear one outfit, whereas the Pre-Filmation fans have known the blonde version to wear TWO outfits (she wore this outfit during the first issue and the leotard during the remaining two issues), even TWO hairstyles (hair up or hair down).

I guess you really can't rationalize not liking Battleground Teela beyond "It's not my Teela!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    LOL! That's meaningless if fans have a Teela where they don't know where to place. The almighty bio will tell all where to place her when it's revealed!

I hate to say it Sandman, but the bios DO take precedence over imagination. Battleground Teela is living proof of this.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 26, 2011 at 10:11am.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Why don't you move on and stop trolling every time someone has a different opinion than you do. On this forum, your opinion happens to be in the minority and yet you feel the need to come on and insult everyone who feels differently than you do on this topic every chance you get.

Well, I guess the jabs come out no matter what so...

Me too. For some of us who were there from the beginning, Teela was blonde. This is just MOTUC being Classic.
    The vintage toys were the beginning of MOTU. Teela's hair was red. The first MOTUC Teela toy's hair was red. That's, how you say, "classic".

Not at all. "She's not my Teela!" seems to be her largest criticism. Shokoti shouldn't have deleted his thread. It was a place for fans to vent.
    No, it became a place for people like Sandman to insult people. There were also unfounded complaints that there were too many Teela threads(at last count, there were 3 threads and 3 polls while there are polls on 2002, extra heads, Filmation, etc in the double digits). The thread became no different than the other Teela thread. I don't understand it. Everytime I see a 2002 thread these days, I stay out of it since I hate the era and don't feel like raining on everyone's parade. For some reason there are those who can't do the same on subjects they disagree with. If you have a different opinion, great(I even said that in the first post of my deleted thread), but you don't have to insult, talk down to, or keep using & to mock those you disagree with while explaining your position. It seems my only choices are to hope for better behavior from some or to just keep deleting threads of mine that start featuring gradeschool taunts on a regular basis.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 26, 2011 at 11:54am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    The vintage toys were the beginning of MOTU. Teela's hair was red. The first MOTUC Teela toy's hair was red. That's, how you say, "classic".
    Iconic versus Original...

Before her toy came out, the Teela character had blonde hair. Just like how the cardback MAA had green fur, Mer-Man had a different head, MEF had pale skin, Ram Man wore orange and red, Zoar was an orange bird with Green Armor and Tri-Klops had a totally different sword. The characters were portrayed one way, their actual toys went in another direction.

No, it became a place for people like Sandman to insult people. There were also unfounded complaints that there were too many Teela threads(at last count, there were 3 threads and 3 polls while there are polls on 2002, extra heads, Filmation, etc in the double digits). The thread became no different than the other Teela thread. I don't understand it. Everytime I see a 2002 thread these days, I stay out of it since I hate the era and don't feel like raining on everyone's parade. For some reason there are those who can't do the same on subjects they disagree with. If you have a different opinion, great(I even said that in the first post of my deleted thread), but you don't have to insult, talk down to, or keep using & to mock those you disagree with while explaining your position. It seems my only choices are to hope for better behavior from some or to just keep deleting threads of mine that start featuring gradeschool taunts on a regular basis.
    I don't think you should have deleted it. Where can like-minded fans go if they dislike Battleground Teela? Start it up again. Screw the pro-Battleground Teela fans! Just have the mods delete any posts that go against your original wishes.

After all, didn't everyone tell me last year when I suggested censoring any Era War talk that it was better to have differences of opinion than no opinions at all?

Never say die, man! Never surrender!

You don't need magic to change up your looks. Queen Marlena has no skill in magic either, but has two looks as well. We have orange hair and a green dress and we have brown hair and a white dress. Royals do change up once in awhile.
    That example makes no sense. You are talking about Marlenas from 2 different continuities. Up until now, MOTUC was about taking the different eras and making them fit together. I'm hoping the bio does that with Bikini Teela.

As far as the magic users go, Toyguru explained that The Sorceress could change her appearance to anything she wants. Which probably explains away Marzo, Evil-Lyn, Skeletor, King Hsss, Hordak, Catra and others.
    As SSj3 Derek already said, Teela doesn't have any magic powers. Since the bios have already explained simple things like He-Man & Skeletor wearing armor, I hope they explain why Teela is dressing like a sci-fi prostitute with blonde hair.

If these characters were so paranoid, they wouldn't have Orko around as a court jester and Prince Adam wouldn't have been able to get away with half of the stunts that he's known for.
    I don't even know what that means in the context of this thread.

You have to be vain, self-centered or have low self-esteem in order to dye your hair or try a new look? That's like saying if your girlfriend shows up with a new look, she's got problems.
    For someone who hates Earth having anything to do with MOTU, you sure use a lot of examples of our culture to justify Teela changing her hair color. Teela has always been portrayed as a tomboy(other than the DC comic that this toy is based on) who could hold her own in a fight that just happened to be attractive at the same time. Changing one's hair color is usually done either to appear more attractive or to draw attention to yourself. Neither fits with the way Teela has been portrayed for the last 30 years.

As far as the same buck goes, it's the basic Eternian outfit that a lot of characters are wearing--Tri-Klops, He-Man, Fisto, Clamp Champ--only thing it's on a woman. Unfortunately, alot of fans miss this because they've only seen red haired Teela wear one outfit, whereas the Pre-Filmation fans have known the blonde version to wear TWO outfits (she wore this outfit during the first issue and the leotard during the remaining two issues), even TWO hairstyles (hair up or hair down).
    First of all, Fisto & Clamp Champ aren't bare chested and He-Man & Tri-Klops(at least in his original mini-comic) are superpowered. Teela wearing less clothes when she's no more powered than an Eternian villager makes no sense at all.

Second of all, I don't think anyone has said they dislike the fact that Teela is wearing a different outfit. It's the outfit itself that is being called into question. If Teela received a new toy wearing battle armor and not a metal bikini, I don't think there would be all of these complaints. I don't know if you're not understanding the opinions of those unhappy with Bikini Teela or just refuse to acknowledge their opinions since it doesn't back up yours. You keep bringing up supposed anti-Bikini arguments that I haven't seen on these forums.

I hate to say it Sandman, but the bios DO take precedence over imagination. Battleground Teela is living proof of this.
    How is someone saying they like Bikini Teela because "it's just a toy" or that "it's classic Teela" showing imagination? Most of those having a problem with her are showing their imagination by giving examples of how this could fit into continuity(like Angel-T). Those of you who are taking issue with that are showing a lack of imagination if anyone is.

Before her toy came out, the Teela character had blonde hair.
    I don't know what came out first, the toy or DC's mini-series. Either way, we're talking about a couple months and not a year or 2.

I don't think you should have deleted it. Where can like-minded fans go if they dislike Battleground Teela? Start it up again. Screw the pro-Battleground Teela fans! Just have the mods delete any posts that go against your original wishes.
    Technically, the "Battleground Teela" thread is for everyone to discuss the toy, pros & cons alike. Since some fans of the toy have shown no respect for those they disagree with, why is there a need for 2 threads? I've also never called on a mod to "help" me either in deleting posts or getting someone to stop derailing a thread. I'm not going to start now.

Never say die, man! Never surrender!
    As hard as it may be to believe about someone who has no problem voicing his anger at those I feel are treating me or others unfairly, I don't like confrontations. I also don't have a problem with people having a different opinion than me. I do have a problem with insults & jabs thrown my way just because someone happens to disagree or attempts to tell me why I'm thinking what I am(how would anyone know better than me?). I try to be extremely P.C. in order not to hurt someone's feelings most of the time(I'm definitely not perfect). It's when I see that others don't have the same respect for me that my crazy Irish temper goes ballistic. I like debating but I don't like verbal fights no matter if I feel I'm right or not.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 26, 2011 at 06:40pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

That example makes no sense. You are talking about Marlenas from 2 different continuities. Up until now, MOTUC was about taking the different eras and making them fit together. I'm hoping the bio does that with Bikini Teela.
    If we get Queen Marlena in both of her very different Filmation and MYP looks in MOTUC and they are the same woman, the "She isn't my ________" argument against Battleground Teela comes up all over again.

As SSj3 Derek already said, Teela doesn't have any magic powers. Since the bios have already explained simple things like He-Man & Skeletor wearing armor, I hope they explain why Teela is dressing like a sci-fi prostitute with blonde hair.
    If Teela is a prostitute, then is He-Man a male Ho? Teela's wearing the same costume as He-Man. Just exchange Chest harness for Metal bra.

I don't even know what that means in the context of this thread.
    Derek said that the characters can't relax. I'm explaining that they do relax.

For someone who hates Earth having anything to do with MOTU, you sure use a lot of examples of our culture to justify Teela changing her hair color. Teela has always been portrayed as a tomboy (other than the DC comic that this toy is based on) who could hold her own in a fight that just happened to be attractive at the same time. Changing one's hair color is usually done either to appear more attractive or to draw attention to yourself. Neither fits with the way Teela has been portrayed for the last 30 years.
    And she can't decide to change her look? That's like saying a guy can't get a haircut (Rio Blast, Clamp Champ) or shave (MAA or Bow). Or wear a ponytail (He-Man). Has nothing to do with Earth in particular.

First of all, Fisto & Clamp Champ aren't bare chested and He-Man & Tri-Klops(at least in his original mini-comic) are superpowered. Teela wearing less clothes when she's no more powered than an Eternian villager makes no sense at all.
    You keep missing what I'm talking about. Battleground Teela is wearing the exact same outfit as the guys are wearing. Same MOTU boots (although feminized), same MOTU underwear, same MOTU bracers (although feminized). The only difference is that instead of a chest harness or whatever the other guys are wearing over their chests, Teela is wearing a bra. Not a Victoria's Secret bra, but a metal bra.

As for protection, it's not an issue...

...she does fine here.

Second of all, I don't think anyone has said they dislike the fact that Teela is wearing a different outfit. It's the outfit itself that is being called into question. If Teela received a new toy wearing battle armor and not a metal bikini, I don't think there would be all of these complaints. I don't know if you're not understanding the opinions of those unhappy with Bikini Teela or just refuse to ackowledge their opinions since it doesn't back up yours. You keep bringing up supposed anti-Bikini arguments that I haven't seen on these forums.
    If Teela were wearing a suit of armor like she did in NA, we'd still have the same argument against any "new" look. "It's not my Teela" or "That's not something that Teela would wear". I'll go much further...I think if Teela were wearing any other costume than her vintage leotard or Snake Armor, fans would see it as being out of character.

How is someone saying they like Bikini Teela because "it's just a toy" or that "it's claasic Teela" showing imagination? Most of those having a problem with her are showing their imagination by giving examples of how this could fit into continuity(like Angel-T). Those of you taking issue with that are showing a lack of imagination if anyone is.
    People are making up their own reasoning for BT and going with that, not complaining about getting another Teela figure or waiting for the bio to help them justify the costume change. Just like Angel-T, they are making the figure work IN THEIR CANONS (I bolded it because that's a Count Marzo reference, Shokoti).

I don't know what came out first, the toy or DC's mini-series. Either way, we're talking about a couple months and not a year or 2.
    The 1982 media beat some of the action figures to retail. Teela, Zodak, Stratos and Mer-Man were the second wave that came out in 2nd Quarter 1983. By then, all of the visual media (books, comics, puzzles) showed Teela as a blonde until her actual toy came out. Same thing with Mer-Man's cardback face. When Filmation came out, a whole new generation of fans only knew her as a redhead, while Mattel stopped printing The Tale of Teela mini-comic (which is why it's so rare today) in favor of it's new canon.

Technically, the "Battleground Teela" thread is for everyone to discuss the toy, pros & cons alike. Since some fans of the toy have shown no respect for those they disagree with, why is there a need for 2 threads?
    You created the other thread. Were you afraid of arguments?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 26, 2011 at 12:36pm.

If we get Queen Marlena in both of her very different Filmation and MYP looks in MOTUC and they are the same woman, the "She isn't my ________" argument against Battleground Teela comes up all over again.
    Not imo. It will be more of the usual Filmation VS 2002 design debates. Most people against Bikini Teela haven't said they don't like her because the DC Comics mini-series sucks(which is what we'll hear from some of the Filmation & 2002 fans about the opposition's design). Their issue was with Teela wearing a bikini.

If Teela is a prostitute, then is He-Man a male Ho? Teela's wearing the same costume as He-Man. Just exchange Chest harness for Metal bra.
    It may not be fair, but, like in America, it's considered common for some guys to go shirtless on Eternia. For the past 30 years, other than DC's Teela & Huntara, most women haven't been shown to wear such revealing outfits. I wouldn't have a problem if they did, but it definitely hasn't been shown to be the norm in MOTU media.

And she can't decide to change her look? That's like saying a guy can't get a haircut (Rio Blast, Clamp Champ) or shave (MAA or Bow). Or wear a ponytail (He-Man). Has nothing to do with Earth in particular.
    Everyone's hair grows. Delaying when one shaves or gets a haircut is a lot different than going through the process of dying one's hair. Again, it's not that Teela is changing her look, it's that she's changing her look to something that doesn't fit with how she's always been portrayed except for this one source. Should Ram Man start wearing bikini briefs?

You keep missing what I'm talking about. Battleground Teela is wearing the exact same outfit as the guys are wearing. Same MOTU boots (although feminized), same MOTU underwear, same MOTU bracers (although feminized). The only difference is that instead of a chest harness or whatever the other guys are wearing over their chests, Teela is wearing a bra. Not a Victoria's Secret bra, but a metal bra.
    I understand what you're saying but, imo, it has nothing to do with the issues people are taking with this Teela. I haven't heard anyone angrily ask "why is she wearing boots or bracers". The issue is with her being basically topless except for a metal bikini.

As for protection, it's not an issue...

...she does fine here.
    Considering Prince Adam was shown to be able to bend steel like Superman...

...DC's MOTU hardly fits into the MOTU canon as it stands today.

If Teela were wearing a suit of armor like she did in NA, we'd still have the same argument against any "new" look. "It's not my Teela" or "That's not something that Teela would wear". I'll go much further...I think if Teela were wearing any other costume than her vintage leotard or Snake Armor, fans would see it as being out of character.
    That's all conjecture that neither of us can prove until we receive another character variant that isn't based on the vintage line.

People are making up their own reasoning for BT and going with that, not complaining about getting another Teela figure or waiting for the bio to help them justify the costume change. Just like Angel-T, they are making the figure work IN THEIR CANONS (I bolded it because that's a Count Marzo reference, Shokoti).
    What is the problem with not everyone embracing this design the same way you do? I'm not into fan fiction since, unless I'm is getting paid for it, I'd feel a little odd spending time making up stories for characters I never created. Having said that, I have no problem with those people who do this. Likewise, why is it such a problem for some of you to understand that a lot of us like to go by the "official" canon?

You created the other thread. Were you afraid of arguments?
    No, I wasn't afraid of arguments. If I was, I'd have made it a protected thread or used your idea of getting mods to delete posts of those who I disagreed with. I felt it would be nice to have a thread where people could dicuss their opinions without annoying the Bikini Teela fans as well as saving those unhappy with her being from being ganged up on by the few forum members who really seemed to take issue with them. I even said in my very first post of that thread that all opinions were welcome as long as people treated their fellow forum members with respect. That didn't last long. Since it was turned into exactly what the other thread was, there was no reason for both of them. After I deleted it, I even stopped giving my opinion on the matter so as to avoid more snark. I obviously rejected that stance today since this thread looks like it's already going to feature the usual jabs that all the other ones have.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 26, 2011 at 01:27pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

Not imo. It will be more of the usual Filmation VS 2002 design debates. Most people against Bikini Teela haven't said they don't like her because the DC Comics mini-series sucks(which is what we'll hear from some of the Filmation & 2002 fans about the opposition's design). Their issue was with Teela wearing a bikini.

It may not be fair, but, like in America, it's considered common for some guys to go shirtless on Eternia. For the past 30 years, other than DC's Teela & Huntara, most women haven't been shown to wear such revealing outfits. I wouldn't have a problem if they did, but it definitely hasn't been shown to be the norm in MOTU media.

Everyone's hair grows. Delaying when one shaves or gets a haircut is a lot different than going through the process of dying one's hair. Again, it's not that Teela is changing her look, it's that she's changing her look to something that doesn't fit with how she's always been portrayed except for this one source. Should Ram Man start wearing bikini briefs?

I understand what you're saying but, imo, it has nothing to do with the issues people are taking with this Teela. I haven't heard anyone angrily ask "why is she wearing boots or bracers". The issue is with her being basically topless except for a metal bikini.
    Is it that you're seeing her outfit as an impractical bikini while I'm seeing a Red Sonja-like warrior woman?

Considering Prince Adam was shown to be able to bend steel like Superman...

http://www.encyclopedia-obscura.com/...uperman/02.jpg

...DC's MOTU hardly fits into the MOTU canon as it stands today.
    And Teela threw the weights at him. Paul Kupperberg probably thought that the Eternians were like the Asgardians from Thor, where the average Asgardian can lift 30 tons. That's probably his inspiration when he had He-Man fight Superman.

What is the problem with not everyone embracing this design the same way you do? I'm not into fan fiction since, unless I'm is getting paid for it, I'd feel a little odd spending time making up stories for characters I never created. Having said that, I have no problem with those people who do this. Likewise, why is it such a problem for some of you to understand that a lot of us like to go by the "official" canon?
    I'm sorry. I'm used to thinking that the usual stance of the fandom is to ignore the official canon, only acknowledging the new story in order to mock it. Not everyone is the same...

I'm sorry. I'm used to thinking that the usual stance of the fandom is to ignore the official canon, only acknowledging the new story in order to mock it. Not everyone is the same...
    You don't have to be sorry.

I feel a lot of us MOTUC fans feel the same way about the bios that comic fans feel about comics. We take issue with some of the writers' decisions not so we can complain but due to our passion for the franchise. Also, like with comics, new stories usually mean a lot more to fans if they "matter". Rarely have "What If" or "Elseworld" stories been considered as important as what happened in the latest issue of Superman or Spider-Man. That's why I've never really had much interest in most customs or fan fiction. Even if they're well done, they don't "count". I don't want to latch on to something I may end up liking more knowing that it will never be a true representation of the franchise.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 26, 2011 at 09:27pm.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Derek said that the characters can't relax. I'm explaining that they do relax.
    No, I never said that, or anything even *close* to that. What I said was Teela would have interest in changing her hair color. From everything we've seen her idea of relaxation tended to be to engage in some sort of competive activity, physical or mental. Mr. Shokoti summed it up pretty well, she is a tomboy.

MOTU isn't about pragmatism. It's a sword and sorcery fantasy. After all, her dad armors up only half of his body and He-Man himself goes around with no armor unless he powers up.

Never said that either. I said she had nothing even close to vanity. IN other words, beyond the middle ground most of us occupy about our appearance and crossing into being indifferent to it. She would consider dyeing her hair boring and a waste of time. Obviously, I never even implied in any way shape or form that there is that there is anything wrong with changing one's hair color, but Teela would never do that becuase she has no interest in it. Seriously, read posts, and don't put words in people's mouths.

And while not everyone in MOTU may be pragmatic, Teela is. She has always been portrayed as pragmatic. You should answer the points I made, not the ones you seemed to have pulled out of thin air.

If you like BG Teela, great, more power to you, but becuase you like it doesn't mean it makes sense in terms of story or characterization. Who knows, it's not totally impossible that the creative minds behind the bios will come up with somethign that makes me "ahhhhhh, that makes sense", but it seems unlikely. Again, given Teela's character, changing her hair color and throwing on an 80's Madonna bikini top just isn't something she would want to do.
    Good Trades with: MOTU_Maniac, bmoore, Riddle of Steel, sandrockgundam04, Brian Ozone, and blue monkey.

No, I never said that, or anything even *close* to that. What I said was Teela would have interest in changing her hair color. From everything we've seen her idea of relaxation tended to be to engage in some sort of competive activity, physical or mental. Mr. Shokoti summed it up pretty well, she is a tomboy.
    (Which makes sense. I mean, who would spend their time worrying about inventing hair color products when they are constantly dealing with attacks from Evil sorcerers and monsters.)
    THAT statement is what I was answering. Maybe it's my interpretation, but I read as if the good guys are too busy worrying about the Evil Warriors to do anything else non-war related.

Never said that either. I said she had nothing even close to vanity. IN other words, beyond the middle ground most of us occupy about our appearance and crossing into being indifferent to it. She would consider dyeing her hair boring and a waste of time. Obviously, I never even implied in any way shape or form that there is that there is anything wrong with changing one's hair color, but Teela would never do that becuase she has no interest in it. Seriously, read posts, and don't put words in people's mouths.
    You used vanity, which in itself is a negative definition. Empty and conceited. Your own words. Was it a poor choice of words? I'm saying that she didn't have to be vain in order to change up her look.

And while not everyone in MOTU may be pragmatic, Teela is. She has always been portrayed as pragmatic. You should answer the points I made, not the ones you seemed to have pulled out of thin air.
    Like when she snuck off to the Darklands against MAA's wishes and got in over her head? Teela is known for getting in trouble due to her recklessness. And that's the old series. Although she's alot more practical in MYP, she tried to stop Zodak despite MAA's warning.

If you like BG Teela, great, more power to you, but becuase you like it doesn't mean it makes sense in terms of story or characterization. Who knows, it's not totally impossible that the creative minds behind the bios will come up with somethign that makes me "ahhhhhh, that makes sense", but it seems unlikely. Again, given Teela's character, changing her hair color and throwing on an 80's Madonna bikini top just isn't something she would want to do.
    We don't see Teela wearing any other clothing, so it's hard to say what else she would wear. Well, besides in the DC mini-series where she is seen wearing both outfits and acting as she normally would.

One more thing...are you guys sure this is YOUR Teela in MOTUC? Is she the reckless Filmation gal who has a history of disobeying MAA or the inflexible MYP gal who followed orders?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 26, 2011 at 06:56pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Meesa no care! It's all bombad anyways...
    Now I know you truly are evil...

As for Teela, I'm fine with her being the same character.
    The Portal to the Terrible Dimension of Despondos
    "Either a certified genius or an authentic whacko"

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Expendable Vintage Cherry Picker

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondos View Post
    Now I know you truly are evil...
    Well, duh. I've always said I am. I got the Collector's Edition of Gigli to prove it....
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I hate to point it out to you MGM, but even in those comics her hair still ooks redish and not blonde. As I stated I am disappointed but still will get her, but the fact remains that all the different interpretations of He-Man have been explained in this line as past protectors of the sword halves. Then they pull out a Teela that is a farcry from what the original toy looked like from '82 (yes the comics also came out in '82, but when Mattel designed her she was intended to be a redhead), they just say she is Teela. If that was the case then why go through the trouble of creating stories for other He-Men and then ignore the fact that the Sorceress was also named Teela before she became the Sorceress. I also agree with Shokoti about the bios, while all are not great, they kinda assemble a focused canon for the line and the fact they are coming from Mattel helps solidify them as the real story. Fan-fic is cool, but you can't really back that up in a real argument about the true story.

Heroic Warrior
    dont really care what the line's canon says this version of teela is, for me, its teela in an outfit better suited to hotter and harsher climates found in jungles and rainforests. i just wish this figure would include a red haired version of the head that we could either put on her or the normal teela figure