View Poll Results: Now That Battleground Teela Is Said To Be The Original Teela, What Is Your Opinion?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • That's How It Should Be!!!

    31 28.70%
  • I'm Disappointed But I'll Still Buy Her!!!

    24 22.22%
  • I'm Disappointed And Will Not Buy Her!!!

    1 0.93%
  • I Wasn't Planning On Buying Her Anyway!!!

    7 6.48%
  • I Don't Care Since I Ignore The Bios Anyway!!!

    34 31.48%
  • I Haven't Decided Yet!!!

    7 6.48%
  • I'm Done With MOTUC!!!

    0 0%
  • Hey, Ray's Here!!! HA HA HA!!!

    4 3.70%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 71 of 71

Thread: Now That Battleground Teela Is Said To Be The Original Teela, What Is Your Opinion?

  1. #51
    Heroic Warrior SSj3 Derek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    THAT statement is what I was answering. Maybe it's my interpretation, but I read as if the good guys are too busy worrying about the Evil Warriors to do anything else non-war related.
    You used vanity, which in itself is a negative definition. Empty and conceited. Your own words. Was it a poor choice of words? I'm saying that she didn't have to be vain in order to change up her look.
    Like when she snuck off to the Darklands against MAA's wishes and got in over her head? Teela is known for getting in trouble due to her recklessness. And that's the old series. Although she's alot more practical in MYP, she tried to stop Zodak despite MAA's warning.
    We don't see Teela wearing any other clothing, so it's hard to say what else she would wear. Well, besides in the DC mini-series where she is seen wearing both outfits and acting as she normally would.
    One more thing...are you guys sure this is YOUR Teela in MOTUC? Is she the reckless Filmation gal who has a history of disobeying MAA or the inflexible MYP gal who followed orders?
    I still stand by what I said. Nothing even CLOSE to vanity. That means she does not worry about her appearance. Nor, again, did I say that MOTU characters don't know how to relax. You obviously misread it, which is ok, it happens, but dancing and around and trying to split hairs now isn't helping you. As far as her disobeying her father, that does not make her anything other than pragmatic. She had an assesment of the situation, and took what she thought was the best course of action. Getting in over her head does mean she still is not pragmatic. You still have not answered my main point. Teela would not have any interest in dying her hair, or throwing on the 80's Madonna bikini when her normal clothing is much more servicable. Neither one of them would have any practical value, and therefore it would be wildly out of character for her. You obviously really want this figure to be Teela, but that doesn't change Teela's character enough to make her do the things I mentioned above. BG Teela being Teela just doesn't make sense given her character. There is no getting around that. It would make a lot more sense for this figure to be Teela-Na, or some other character entirely.
    Good Trades with: MOTU_Maniac, bmoore, Riddle of Steel, sandrockgundam04, Brian Ozone, and blue monkey.

  2. #52
    Heroic Warrior Man-E-Toys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,688
    don't care. i don't read the bios. i'll never understand why some people treat the bios as gospel. you can make up whatever you want.

  3. #53
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    don't care. i don't read the bios. i'll never understand why some people treat the bios as gospel. you can make up whatever you want.
    I really don't like this argument. It is like saying He-Man is Lion-O because I can make them be what ever I want them to be.

    I am not a child any more, I don't have playtime. What I do have, is a small blurb of information that is being created to tell an overall story and to tie the mythos together.

    I like the bios and I think that most of the people that don't want this to be Teela also like the bios. We could see a better fit in the mythos if BG Teela was a new character and not 'clone' Teela with a hair colour change.

    We may like the bios but that doesn't mean we have confidence in them. We are concerned that the hair colour change will not be explained when it really should be.

    I would like to see what the pro-BG Teela being 'clone' Teela crowd would be like if this was the other way around and it was a new character

  4. #54
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,522
    Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    I hate to point it out to you MGM, but even in those comics her hair still ooks redish and not blonde.
    Strawberry blonde.

    As I stated I am disappointed but still will get her, but the fact remains that all the different interpretations of He-Man have been explained in this line as past protectors of the sword halves. Then they pull out a Teela that is a farcry from what the original toy looked like from '82 (yes the comics also came out in '82, but when Mattel designed her she was intended to be a redhead), they just say she is Teela.
    Most of the media has her as a blonde before the actual toy came out. It's the same deal as Mer-Man's cardback head for the actual toy came out.

    If that was the case then why go through the trouble of creating stories for other He-Men and then ignore the fact that the Sorceress was also named Teela before she became the Sorceress.
    We won't know what the Sorceress is named until she comes out. We don't know if Mattel ignored it.

    I also agree with Shokoti about the bios, while all are not great, they kinda assemble a focused canon for the line and the fact they are coming from Mattel helps solidify them as the real story. Fan-fic is cool, but you can't really back that up in a real argument about the true story.
    Wow...I thought the general consensus was to ignore the bios and go from Filmation.

    Quote Originally Posted by SSj3 Derek View Post
    I still stand by what I said. Nothing even CLOSE to vanity. That means she does not worry about her appearance. Nor, again, did I say that MOTU characters don't know how to relax. You obviously misread it, which is ok, it happens, but dancing and around and trying to split hairs now isn't helping you. As far as her disobeying her father, that does not make her anything other than pragmatic. She had an assesment of the situation, and took what she thought was the best course of action. Getting in over her head does mean she still is not pragmatic.
    She disobeyed her father, teacher and superior officer who had a much better assessment of her skills and the capability of the enemies that she would encounter than she did. Not too practical to go against someone with superior experience.

    You still have not answered my main point. Teela would not have any interest in dying her hair, or throwing on the 80's Madonna bikini when her normal clothing is much more servicable. Neither one of them would have any practical value, and therefore it would be wildly out of character for her. You obviously really want this figure to be Teela, but that doesn't change Teela's character enough to make her do the things I mentioned above. BG Teela being Teela just doesn't make sense given her character. There is no getting around that. It would make a lot more sense for this figure to be Teela-Na, or some other character entirely.
    I thought I did answer you. Armor isn't an issue in MOTU, unless it's to sell variants. I've even shown you Teela in that costume in action and nothing bad happens to her, as if she were wearing her leotard--like so many MOTU characters who aren't wearing armor. So the whole protection angle is done.

    You say Teela is a tomboy who wouldn't wear a Madonna bikini, but the bikini is the female version of the standard male buck Eternian costume that we see all of the other Heroic Warriors wearing. Teela is wearing the same things as the guys. Isn't that what a tomboy does? Except for the chest harness, Battleground Teela is wearing the He-Man costume.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I would like to see what the pro-BG Teela being 'clone' Teela crowd would be like if this was the other way around and it was a new character
    No matter what Mattel writes, the redheaded Teela is getting replaced in my display.

    I wouldn't mind if she was a new character, though. All I wanted was a BG Teela figure. Now, thanks to MOTUC, she's canon, instead of an obscure mistake (George Tuska thought that Teela can't be wearing the same costume as The Goddess and made up a unique costume for Teela).

    Originally going from what Mattel usually does with variants, I thought that this was The Sorceress when she was younger and she was the Pre-Filmation Teela who fought alongside Oo-Larr, young MAA and Stratos.

    Now that she is revealed to be Teela herself, that's even better. She's even more legitimate now.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I really don't like this argument. It is like saying He-Man is Lion-O because I can make them be what ever I want them to be.

    I am not a child any more, I don't have playtime. What I do have, is a small blurb of information that is being created to tell an overall story and to tie the mythos together.

    I like the bios and I think that most of the people that don't want this to be Teela also like the bios. We could see a better fit in the mythos if BG Teela was a new character and not 'clone' Teela with a hair colour change.

    We may like the bios but that doesn't mean we have confidence in them. We are concerned that the hair colour change will not be explained when it really should be.
    I like the bios too, but there are a few things that I don't agree with or would do differently. I don't play with toys either, but my display is toward my particular tastes. IN MY CANON (LMAO) Man-At-Arms is clean shaven, Whiplash has his vintage head, Mer-Man has his cardback head, Moss Man has his 200X head and Skeletor is wearing a cape. I freely swap Classic He-Man for 200X He-Man from time to time.

    If there is one thing that characterizes me on these boards is that I LOVE options.

    I like the idea that Adam actually turned into 200X He-Man for awhile before he got the real Power Sword and keeps the Techno Sword as a backup, something that isn't in the bios. Another idea I have is that Teela changes her look as easily as she did in the mini-series.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 27, 2011 at 06:08am.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  5. #55
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You say Teela is a tomboy who wouldn't wear a Madonna bikini, but the bikini is the female version of the standard male buck Eternian costume that we see all of the other Heroic Warriors wearing. Teela is wearing the same things as the guys. Isn't that what a tomboy does? Except for the chest harness, Battleground Teela is wearing the He-Man costume.
    You do realize most of the MOTU characters have their chests covered up don't you? Other than He-Man, Skeletor, Faker(He-Man's evil twin), Trap Jaw, and arguably Tri-Klops, every other character is covered in armor, fur, moss, or scales. If anything, Teela now looks more out of place than before.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  6. #56
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    You do realize most of the MOTU characters have their chests covered up don't you? Other than He-Man, Skeletor, Faker(He-Man's evil twin), Trap Jaw, and arguably Tri-Klops, every other character is covered in armor, fur, moss, or scales. If anything, Teela now looks more out of place than before.
    Add King Grayskull, Tytus, Megator, Bow, Marzo, Webstor, Gygor, Stratos and Carnivus to the list.

    Almost every MOTU character is wearing something over their bare chest, which is a pretty common thing. Teela is doing the same thing as the dudes. Since she can't have her neepples exposed like many of those guys, she's wearing a bra.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  7. #57
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Add King Grayskull, Tytus, Megator, Bow, Marzo, Webstor, Gygor, Stratos and Carnivus to the list.
    * Grayskull is a He-Man "clone".
    * Marzo has clothes...



    * Bow isn't MOTU(at least not until this month)
    * Stratos & Carnivus are covered in fur.
    * Webstor & Megator's armor practically cover their entire chests; much more than Teela's new costume does.
    * You have me on Tytus and Gygor.


    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Almost every MOTU character is wearing something over their bare chest, which is a pretty common thing. Teela is doing the same thing as the dudes. Since she can't have her neepples exposed like many of those guys, she's wearing a bra.
    Your argument was that Teela is dressed like every other MOTU character. She isn't. Technically, most of the characters are wearing far more than she is. That still doesn't cover the fact that it has never been something that her character would wear other than in that one comic. Every character you've mentioned are men(it may be an unfair double standard but women need to wear more than guys in this country) who have been wearing those costumes/armor since they first hit toy shelves.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  8. #58
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    * Grayskull is a He-Man "clone".
    Chest covered, torso exposed. Just like Battleground Teela.

    * Marzo has clothes...
    That's the Filmation version. In Classics, his chest covered, torso exposed.

    * Bow isn't MOTU(at least not until this month)
    Okay, you've got me. He's POP.

    * Stratos & Carnivus are covered in fur.
    Fur isn't armor. Chest covered, torso exposed..

    * Webstor & Megator's armor practically cover their entire chests; much more than Teela's new costume does.
    Chest covered, torso exposed.

    * You have me on Tytus and Gygor.


    Your argument was that Teela is dressed like every other MOTU character. She isn't. Technically, most of the characters are wearing far more than she is. That still doesn't cover the fact that it has never been something that her character would wear other than in that one comic. Every character you've mentioned are men(it may be an unfair double standard but women need to wear more than guys in this country) who have been wearing those costumes/armor since they first hit toy shelves.
    It definitely is an interesting double standard. The bra is her version of the chest covering that the other male characters are wearing, but otherwise she has the same basic dress habit as alot of the male characters--chest covering, boots, loincloth, bracers. The thing that prevents fans from seeing this is that she is a woman doing this (not the first time in MOTU mythos since female palace guards and Hawke will be femme versions of MAA and Stratos, but it is the first time in toy form) and this means she is somehow more vulnerable if she matches the clothing habits of the men. If Battleground Teela were a man with something else covering his chest instead of a bra, it wouldn't be an issue.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  9. #59
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    If Battleground Teela were a man with something else covering his chest instead of a bra, it wouldn't be an issue.
    If Battleground Teela was a woman other than Teela it wouldn't be an issue with most of us on this forum.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  10. #60
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,617
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    No matter what Mattel writes, the redheaded Teela is getting replaced in my display.

    I wouldn't mind if she was a new character, though. All I wanted was a BG Teela figure. Now, thanks to MOTUC, she's canon, instead of an obscure mistake (George Tuska thought that Teela can't be wearing the same costume as The Goddess and made up a unique costume for Teela).

    Originally going from what Mattel usually does with variants, I thought that this was The Sorceress when she was younger and she was the Pre-Filmation Teela who fought alongside Oo-Larr, young MAA and Stratos.
    That is what I wanted this Teela to be, the same Teela (albeit with a different look) from the original mini comics. It just seemed to fit more with what has already been established.

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I like the bios too, but there are a few things that I don't agree with or would do differently. I don't play with toys either, but my display is toward my particular tastes. IN MY CANON (LMAO) Man-At-Arms is clean shaven, Whiplash has his vintage head, Mer-Man has his cardback head, Moss Man has his 200X head and Skeletor is wearing a cape. I freely swap Classic He-Man for 200X He-Man from time to time.

    If there is one thing that characterizes me on these boards is that I LOVE options.

    I like the idea that Adam actually turned into 200X He-Man for awhile before he got the real Power Sword and keeps the Techno Sword as a backup, something that isn't in the bios. Another idea I have is that Teela changes her look as easily as she did in the mini-series.
    You won this discussion with IN MY CANON

  11. #61
    Heroic Warrior Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In the mitten.
    Posts
    3,328
    None of the option really cover my feelings. I'm not upset with the idea, but just because her bio says one thing, doesn't mean I have to follow it. I don't hate the bios, nor do I ignore all of them.

    In this case, I don't really care if she is the same Teela. If He-man and Skeletor can sport different outfits, why not Teela. On a silly level, it does bug me that in order to pull it off, Teela has to dye her hair every time. "Hold the battle, I have 30 more minutes before I can rinse!"

    Regardless what the card says, I see her as part of Vikor time fighting King Hiss. Very Conan yes, but very fitting. Otherwise, yeah i could see why some people may not like the idea. It may further muddy the daughter-clone-destined Greyskull protector-wife of He-man-NA Teela story.

  12. #62
    Heroic Warrior kagamigod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,388
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Strawberry blonde.
    Touche (too shay)

  13. #63
    Heroic Warrior Man-E-Toys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,688
    agree to disagree.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I really don't like this argument. It is like saying He-Man is Lion-O because I can make them be what ever I want them to be.

    I am not a child any more, I don't have playtime. What I do have, is a small blurb of information that is being created to tell an overall story and to tie the mythos together.

    I like the bios and I think that most of the people that don't want this to be Teela also like the bios. We could see a better fit in the mythos if BG Teela was a new character and not 'clone' Teela with a hair colour change.

    We may like the bios but that doesn't mean we have confidence in them. We are concerned that the hair colour change will not be explained when it really should be.

    I would like to see what the pro-BG Teela being 'clone' Teela crowd would be like if this was the other way around and it was a new character

  14. #64
    Heroic Warrior H.A.L.9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fabtabulous Massland
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by dc_warlord View Post
    i don't care since i ignore the bios anyway!!!

    i'm really glad that this was an option.
    this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

  15. #65
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,930
    i'm still going to display her with vikor. its that whole conan/red-sonja thing i get with those two.

  16. #66
    Heroic Warrior Akai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fallon, NV
    Posts
    556
    Teela is supposed to be the next Sorceress anyway. Hard to say if there's going to be an actual Sorceress Teela down the road so I just attached the cobra headdress on my BG Teela and call her Sorceress Teela for the time being. However, I had to buy two because the cobra head was such a pain to put on because the peg hole was too small. As for the extra head, I just gave it a sharpie dye job.

  17. #67
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    1,365
    Teela's is a bio I most definitely ignore. BGT (Valkyra) is a totally different character in my collection.

  18. #68
    Always Hungry.... Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Snake Mountain
    Posts
    3,485
    Originally Posted by TheFallen

    I really don't like this argument. It is like saying He-Man is Lion-O because I can make them be what ever I want them to be.

    I am not a child any more, I don't have playtime. What I do have, is a small blurb of information that is being created to tell an overall story and to tie the mythos together.

    I like the bios and I think that most of the people that don't want this to be Teela also like the bios. We could see a better fit in the mythos if BG Teela was a new character and not 'clone' Teela with a hair colour change.

    We may like the bios but that doesn't mean we have confidence in them. We are concerned that the hair colour change will not be explained when it really should be.

    I would like to see what the pro-BG Teela being 'clone' Teela crowd would be like if this was the other way around and it was a new character
    This I HATE all the clone talk this Is MOTU NOT Star Wars.....

  19. #69
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,529
    I actually like Battle Ground Teela more than the others.......kind of goes back to the DC comic days....

  20. #70
    Always Hungry.... Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Snake Mountain
    Posts
    3,485
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I actually like Battle Ground Teela more than the others.......kind of goes back to the DC comic days....
    She should be a different character (Sharella)

  21. #71
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    901
    I like her- the more female figures, the better! I'm planning on getting every female PoP character they release, so they keep making them!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •