Thread: Would you be upset if Mattel re-released Shadow Beast in Filmation Colors?

Would you be upset if Mattel re-released Shadow Beast in Filmation Colors?

This question is geared more towards folks that bought multiple Shadow Beasts. It would bug me to hell to know that there is a filmation color accurate SB and i'm stuck with some brown ones.

I believe there was a thread where the majority of the screen shots showed them looking purple.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    They can re-release everything in any colors they want, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not a big fan of repaints, but that doesn't mean I'm against 'em.

I accidentally bought two extras because I forgot they were included in the subscription (still not sure if I'm gonna keep them for army building, or sell them), but it wouldn't bug me if they did another color as a variant.

Speaking of which, is there a pic of a Shadow Beast from the Filmation show somewhere? I've actually never seen what they looked like in the cartoon.

EDIT: Wow, scratch the last part. The above post wasn't posted when I began typing. :-P

I'd buy another one.

I definitely would not be surprised to have Mattel put out a purplish looking one with multiple horns like they picture on the bio of the Shadow Beast. I dont know where they get off saying this was a 200X Shadow Beast put into the Classicizer machine. BS! So the Classicizer machine removes horns and changes the colors of the characters? Why the heck did Marzo look exactly the same as he did in the 200X toon and not more like the "classic" Marzo then? We'll see a different Shadow Beast as some point and I am cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I definitely would not be surprised to have Mattel put out a purplish looking one with multiple horns like they picture on the bio of the Shadow Beast. I dont know where they get off saying this was a 200X Shadow Beast put into the Classicizer machine. BS! So the Classicizer machine removes horns and changes the colors of the characters? Why the heck did Marzo look exactly the same as he did in the 200X toon and not more like the "classic" Marzo then? We'll see a different Shadow Beast as some point and I am cool with that.
    If we had a Like Button I'd like this post a million times!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    i'm a sucker for mattel products so i would buy it if they came out w/ it later down the road.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dagodfather View Post
    I believe there was a thread where the majority of the screen shots showed them looking purple.
    I'm of the belief that they had a purple hue because they were trying to represent that they are in shadow.

Court Magician
    Bought two of the brown one, would buy another for a varient
    no problem

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Lots of species have variations in fur color, our own most notably, so I'd have no problem with another Beast in a different hue.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I wouldn't be so much upset as not bothered. My Shadow Beast will be for completist sake, but I'm not too fussed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Lots of species have variations in fur color, our own most notably, so I'd have no problem with another Beast in a different hue.
    Yep. And don't forget Tribbles!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...