Thread: Guesses On What The "Big Plans" Are For Battleground Teela

Hybrid View

Guesses On What The "Big Plans" Are For Battleground Teela

In another thread, Toyguru mentioned there are big plans for Battleground Teela.

But the toy will indeed be called "Battle Ground Teela" with an all new bio about Teela. Plus we have some other plans for this character and design that we have yet to reveal...big plans!
    What do you suppose this is all about? Maybe she will appear in this outfit in the live-action movie?

She becomes a brunette.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Maybe it's what others have suggested, that this is Teela imbued with the Power of Grayskull?
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Maybe it's what others have suggested, that this is Teela imbued with the Power of Grayskull?
    This is my guess. Maybe it happens while He-Man is away or maybe He-Man himself uses the sword to power her up like Cringer to Battle Cat.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    In another thread, Toyguru mentioned there are big plans for Battleground Teela.
    Wardrobe malfunction-action?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    She becomes a brunette.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Wardrobe malfunction-action?

2-Pack with Red Sonja.

Identity of Sorceress before she became Sorceress.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Lead the new rebellion with She-Ra and the rebel masters when Hordak took over Eternia while He-Man and Randor were missing.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

What do you suppose this is all about? Maybe she will appear in this outfit in the live-action movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Lead the new rebellion with She-Ra and the rebel masters when Hordak took over Eternia while He-Man and Randor were missing.
    That could be. She power!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Like SCB and others (including myself) have suggested, maybe this is the look Teela adopts during her days as a rebel, after Hordak conquers Eternia and forces the heroes into hiding. Or (and maybe in addition to), maybe the Sorceress is wounded during the 'Second Ultimate Battleground' incursion, necessitating that she and Teela merge for a time--resulting in this look, and Teela's learning of her true paternity while receiving a crash-course in the custodianship of Castle Grayskull.
    Last edited by Telkan2; February 19, 2011 at 03:55pm.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Maybe the "Battle Ground" prefix is going to be a big MotUC canon narrative device to explain a whole slew of character variations like mini-comics Trap-Jaw, etc... ?

Sorry to chip in so late in this thread but I have two hopes for what TG may have meant ...

1st - maybe he was thinking BG Teela head (slightly more red tint) on normal Teela body in DC vs MOTU 2 pak

2nd - Emiliano's Homecoming story really hit a chord with me some years ago. I found the idea that Teela would enter a political marriage to King Hiss to protect Eternia as a fascinating concept. Given MOTUC drinks so deeply of vintage lore, I could see the bio-canon seeking to make more of the old conflict between would Skeletor capture Teela to take as his bride or would He-Man win her affections. What if Skeletor does force Teela into marriage and BG Teela is the post-marriage Teela as she regains her freedom and then leads the fight against Skeletor and his Evil Horde in the future second Ultimate Battleground?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    1st - maybe he was thinking BG Teela head (slightly more red tint) on normal Teela body in DC vs MOTU 2 pak
    Or simply including her in some slightly altered form in one of the packs. Usually when TG talks about "Big Plans", he's talking about the merchandise itself rather than the bios, so I imagine it's something to do with the figure.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Some very interesting points, if I recall correctly, Ian Richter said that in the 3rd season of MYP's 200X, the Sorceress was supposed to die from King Hiss's venom, Randor from Faker's sword (although it seems this has been changed to Randor being lost in a dimension or something in MOTUC), & that Adam & Teela would both lose 1 parent in this case, thus forcing them into new roles, Adam/He-Man as the leader of the Renegades & Teela as the new Sorceress, maybe this is Teela's transition phase.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Well, there were multiple Battlegrounds, right? Including the one where Moss Man died that took place long ago?
    I don't remember Moss-Man ever dieing my friend.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Some very interesting points, if I recall correctly, Ian Richter said that in the 3rd season of MYP's 200X, the Sorceress was supposed to die from King Hiss's venom, Randor from Faker's sword (although it seems this has been changed to Randor being lost in a dimension or something in MOTUC), & that Adam & Teela would both lose 1 parent in this case, thus forcing them into new roles, Adam/He-Man as the leader of the Renegades & Teela as the new Sorceress, maybe this is Teela's transition phase.
    I do not like the sounds of that. I know some would love this franchise to turn dark & edgy but I feel, according to the bios, there's already enough death in it. I'll be really ticked if Randor & The Sorceress die. If they need to kill more people off, kill Count Marzo. Leave the "classic" characters alone.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!