Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guesses On What The "Big Plans" Are For Battleground Teela

Guesses On What The "Big Plans" Are For Battleground Teela

In another thread, Toyguru mentioned there are big plans for Battleground Teela.

But the toy will indeed be called "Battle Ground Teela" with an all new bio about Teela. Plus we have some other plans for this character and design that we have yet to reveal...big plans!
    What do you suppose this is all about? Maybe she will appear in this outfit in the live-action movie?

She becomes a brunette.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Maybe it's what others have suggested, that this is Teela imbued with the Power of Grayskull?
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    In another thread, Toyguru mentioned there are big plans for Battleground Teela.
    Wardrobe malfunction-action?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    She becomes a brunette.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Wardrobe malfunction-action?

2-Pack with Red Sonja.

Identity of Sorceress before she became Sorceress.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Maybe it's what others have suggested, that this is Teela imbued with the Power of Grayskull?
    This is my guess. Maybe it happens while He-Man is away or maybe He-Man himself uses the sword to power her up like Cringer to Battle Cat.

Lead the new rebellion with She-Ra and the rebel masters when Hordak took over Eternia while He-Man and Randor were missing.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

What do you suppose this is all about? Maybe she will appear in this outfit in the live-action movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Lead the new rebellion with She-Ra and the rebel masters when Hordak took over Eternia while He-Man and Randor were missing.
    That could be. She power!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

A hired live-action Battleground Teela model for SDCC.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    A hired live-action Battleground Teela model for SDCC.
    I wasn't gonna go this year.. but uh..

if she's gonna be there!

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Like SCB and others (including myself) have suggested, maybe this is the look Teela adopts during her days as a rebel, after Hordak conquers Eternia and forces the heroes into hiding. Or (and maybe in addition to), maybe the Sorceress is wounded during the 'Second Ultimate Battleground' incursion, necessitating that she and Teela merge for a time--resulting in this look, and Teela's learning of her true paternity while receiving a crash-course in the custodianship of Castle Grayskull.
    Last edited by Telkan2; February 19, 2011 at 03:55pm.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    I wasn't gonna go this year.. but uh..

if she's gonna be there!
    I have a friend who interns at Mattel. He tipped me off earlier this morning. I'm not supposed to break the news, but they are going to have a live model as Battleground Teela at SDCC. They are so excited about it, they are even using a professional who has done this type of work before to much acclaim. Here is one of their past jobs...

Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 19, 2011 at 04:31pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

To me, it seems like these big plans are something separate from the bios. That's what I'm getting out of his statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    Like SCB and others (including myself) have suggested, maybe this is the look Teela adopts during her days as a rebel, after Hordak conquers Eternia and forces the heroes into hiding. Or (and maybe in addition to), maybe the Sorceress is wounded during the 'Second Ultimate Battleground' incursion, necessitating that she and Teela merge for a time--resulting in this look, and Teela's learning of her true paternity while receiving a crash-course in the custodianship of Castle Grayskull.
    Yeah, that's actually pretty cool. As we were discussing her the other day after the reveal, I mentioned that it would be nuts if she were given the power of Grayskull while He-Man is away on Primus... (http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ll#post2644781)

I don't love that because it makes She-Ra seem weak. He-Man was fine battling Skeletor, King Hssss, Marzo, etc. Why couldn't She-Ra be fine on Eternia battling Evil-Lyn, Marzo, Faker, and the remaining Snake Men, especially if she has the help of her friends from Etheria.

Though, I guess that IS a lot of evil to fight... I wonder if BG Teela is new-Sorceress Teela... OR, as you've said, the re-combining of The Sorceress and Teela... but we don't know if she was cloned and not BORN, or if she was cloned and then The Sorceress gave birth to her... ARRRRRRRGGG!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I have a friend who interns at Mattel. He tipped me off earleir this morning. I'm not supposed to break the news, but they are going to have a live model as Battleground Teela at SDCC. They are so excited about it, they are even using a professional who has done this type of work before to much acclaim. Here is one of their past jobs..
    BEST. POST. EVER. That made me laugh so hard (in fact I just cracked up again as I write this). Thank you, sir, for making me laugh!!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I don't think she gets the power of Grayskull. That would diminish the bloodline. I think she just changes her look as a disguise or something when Eternia has become the Horde empire and there's a bounty on all the former hero's like Teela on the run and regrouping. She ends up keeping that look and adopts it.

Heroic Warrior
    I missed that bit of info. Thanks Tallstar.

Personally, for whaever reason, I'm more interested in the bio than any thing else.

My guess, and this goes back to battle armor Skeletor's bio, that Heavy Metal Teela a clone of the sorceress.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I don't think she gets the power of Grayskull. That would diminish the bloodline. I think she just changes her look as a disguise or something when Eternia has become the Horde empire and there's a bounty on all the former hero's like Teela on the run and regrouping. She ends up keeping that look and adopts it.
    That's cool I'd buy that. (I don't know if that makes plans for her "big," but then I don't know what TG considers "big" or not... )

I still really want to know more about the blonde lady in the first few mini-comics...
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Maybe she's a toy version of Teela as she appeared in DC comics and a chance for those people who want mini-comics Teela to just pop that head off and put it on the original Teela?

Although I'm liking the idea of disguise rebel Teela now...darn you all!
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Well I see her as co-leader with She-Ra. Man At Arms might also be a snake man around this time. So Teela really has to step out on her own.

I'm loving the idea that this is teela's new look after He-Man goes to Primus and She-Ra leads the rebellion to Eternia, but in no way should she be given the power of grayskull....no need to steal She-Ra's thunder. I think it would be cool if Evil-Lyn learned of Teea's destany from the snakemen, who has recently turned Man at Arms into a snake man and he revealed Teela's relationship to the Sorceress. Evil-Lyn attempts to capture Teela and holds the Sorceress to ransom. Boom..... She-Ra saves the day, free's her new BFF. On returning to Castle Grayskull the Sorceress comes clean to Teela, tells her she is her mother but now that their secret is reveaed She will need to change her daughter's appearance to avoid another ransome attempt by more of Skeletor's minions. Hence Teela becomes blonde and the remaining evil worrors, snakemen (including her recently transformed father} and horde forces on Eternia assume she is a member of the great rebellion of Etheria that has recently arrived on Eternia to aid the renegade Masters. She is the new Woman at Arms and She-Ra's right hand girl. She-Ra would need Teela.....she knows Eternia so much better than she does.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Very interested in this.....

I'm glad they have big plans for Teela - she IS a main character afterall.

Maybe they go further with that line and she will be the first single figure who will go on sale in stores?!

Or she is their new face when it comes to ads and stuff like that.

She simply looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I'm loving the idea that this is teela's new look after He-Man goes to Primus and She-Ra leads the rebellion to Eternia, but in no way should she be given the power of grayskull....no need to steal She-Ra's thunder. I think it would be cool if Evil-Lyn learned of Teea's destany from the snakemen, who has recently turned Man at Arms into a snake man and he revealed Teela's relationship to the Sorceress. Evil-Lyn attempts to capture Teela and holds the Sorceress to ransom. Boom..... She-Ra saves the day, free's her new BFF. On returning to Castle Grayskull the Sorceress comes clean to Teela, tells her she is her mother but now that their secret is reveaed She will need to change her daughter's appearance to avoid another ransome attempt by more of Skeletor's minions. Hence Teela becomes blonde and the remaining evil worrors, snakemen (including her recently transformed father} and horde forces on Eternia assume she is a member of the great rebellion of Etheria that has recently arrived on Eternia to aid the renegade Masters. She is the new Woman at Arms and She-Ra's right hand girl. She-Ra would need Teela.....she knows Eternia so much better than she does.

Ok, THAT is awesome!!!

It goes along with Jack Olesker's plans for season three of New Adventures too... He had Eternia ruled by a female triumvirate, with MAA on the side of evil.

Very cool!

Heroic Warrior
    Remember that TG said, that the whole picture should be mostly clear at 2012...

So this Battleground thing can be really the reason, why some characters will have a different look...

The NA stuff isn't going to happen in the future, as it was stated in Optikk's bio.

It's very near at the final moments, after Hordak is beaten by Skeletor. So this Battleground thing surely happens on Eternia after the Renegade time and shortly before Hordak got his rear end kicked...