Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guesses On What The "Big Plans" Are For Battleground Teela

Heroic Warrior
    The only REAL "big plan" there is for Battleground Teela is to sell her out.

Now, about the bio, I don't really care what some guys at Mattel came up with. My imagination is not limited to the bios.

A Teela from the future, or who goes in the past to take part to the 1st Ultimate Battleground fight would make sense to me, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    To me, it seems like these big plans are something separate from the bios. That's what I'm getting out of his statement.
    This is what I'm thinking. My guess is they may make an alternate world (think DCs 52 Earths) where there are other characters that are the same people biologically, but look different...possibly paving the way for completely new figures all together or a bunch of 200X repaints (but with bios that will make them separate characters than ones we've had in this line...i.e. Evil-Lyn from MOTUC and Evil-Lyn from 200X will not be the same person.) This would go against the whole "tying all eras of MOTU into one toy line", but Mattel has changed there minds on plenty of things before, so something like that is far from being out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainboy View Post
    My guess is they may make an alternate world (think DCs 52 Earths) where there are other characters that are the same people biologically, but look different.
    That, my friend, is an incredible idea!!! I really like that! The possibilites are endless. That could lead to a PIRATE HE-MAN, a ROBIN HOOD type HE-MAN, and everything in between. Plus alternate versions of all the other characters... totally sweet.

Your theory would explain a lot. Pretty much any of us who read comics or sci-fi are familar with the concept of alternate universes. I've always loved it.

In closing, all I have to say is... think SPOCK with a goatee.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; February 21, 2011 at 04:43pm.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    She's the first redesign figure from the new MOTUC animated series.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Big Plans: "We're using a lot of her sculpt in the future female figures..."
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Maybe she's an accessory...to Castle Grayskull!

THAT would be the biggest plan/reveal EVER.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Quote Originally Posted by LostIt2Bostik View Post
    I bet that once Mattel reveals that they now have Filmation rights, they'll use BG Teela's body for a Huntara figure.
    That would make my year!

Angel-T- I'm not a fan of Battleground Teela, but your explanation for her is great! If her origin is half as good, I may be won over.

I keep my mind open.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Count Marzo is immortal!!!1!
    We'll just find out there's another Count Marzo(the true Count Marzo, if you will) who resurrects the corpse of his imposter and names him Chimera...

LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Fabulous underwear was revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic bra and said.... By the Power of Grayskull
    Oh, now, THAT made me laugh heartily. VERY funny!!

Just the image that conjures is hilarious.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Evil Janitor of Skeletor dr phiz's Avatar
    This is what I'm thinking. My guess is they may make an alternate world (think DCs 52 Earths) where there are other characters that are the same people biologically, but look different....
    It would be cool if they did the Anti-Eternia story... Anti-He-Man always sounded awesome, black figure with red hair, The Master of the Universe of Darkness...
    Feedback thread

Great sellers/traders: Soulfly, Grayskulls Fakor, bigassbuzz, greyskull1, boggs32, Karak Nul, J-Sun, Son of Keldor, aiwaloki, Starshine, Vlcan, joeybones, beastor, stprime

This is what I'm thinking. My guess is they may make an alternate world (think DCs 52 Earths) where there are other characters that are the same people biologically, but look different...
    Very cool, and this is essentially how I view the different MOTU iterations too, much like Simon Furman did with the different lines of Transformers in his Energon comics. I see that the minis, DC comics, filmation, the movie, NA, 200x are all different universes existing within the larger multiverse. The single MOTU fiction I'd like to see most is a Michael Moorcock style team up of all the different multiversal He-Man coming together against a larger cosmic threat. Time Travel's been established so then it's just one step away from Skeletor or Evil Lyn wreaking havoc on the structure of the universe itself like Galvatron did, or Hordak makes some infinity gauntlet level machine combing the power sword and Marzo's ruby to make himself omnipotent. Or some entirely new threat, an Earth 3 style universe where He-man and his posse are evil and the power sword is a malignant force. And so on, and so forth.

The MOTUC continuity reminds me in a lot of ways of the early post-Crisis DC as well, trying to merge the different iterations into a singular cohesive structure. So that gathering of the multiversal He-men could even be the cosmic crisis that results in the creation of MOTUC.

With Battleground Teela though, my guess is they're going to tie this into the cloning storyline somehow, maybe there will be the clone Teela and then a Teela with the filmation/MYP origin intact?

Maybe there will be a new "big" statue of her and He-Man at SDCC?
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

This is the form of her after she is King Adam's bride.....hey, it could happen I guess?
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

I could see this being her once she finds out about her past and realizes that she's been lied to by her mother, father, and maybe even He-Man, for years. She strikes out on her own to kick but and take names, outside of everyone else's sphere of influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I'm loving the idea that this is teela's new look after He-Man goes to Primus and She-Ra leads the rebellion to Eternia, but in no way should she be given the power of grayskull....no need to steal She-Ra's thunder. I think it would be cool if Evil-Lyn learned of Teea's destany from the snakemen, who has recently turned Man at Arms into a snake man and he revealed Teela's relationship to the Sorceress. Evil-Lyn attempts to capture Teela and holds the Sorceress to ransom. Boom..... She-Ra saves the day, free's her new BFF. On returning to Castle Grayskull the Sorceress comes clean to Teela, tells her she is her mother but now that their secret is reveaed She will need to change her daughter's appearance to avoid another ransome attempt by more of Skeletor's minions. Hence Teela becomes blonde and the remaining evil worrors, snakemen (including her recently transformed father} and horde forces on Eternia assume she is a member of the great rebellion of Etheria that has recently arrived on Eternia to aid the renegade Masters. She is the new Woman at Arms and She-Ra's right hand girl. She-Ra would need Teela.....she knows Eternia so much better than she does.
    Wow....one can only hope to see something this cool in the bios. I will say this, my fav bio so far has been Optikk and if BGTeela's bio does touch on this, I'll be thrilled.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

I think she may be another Teela from the past.
    In Tytus bio I believe "The Ultimate Battleground" is mentioned, so this is another Teela from Preternia.

Heroic Warrior
    That would be cool

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I don't think she gets the power of Grayskull. That would diminish the bloodline. I think she just changes her look as a disguise or something when Eternia has become the Horde empire and there's a bounty on all the former hero's like Teela on the run and regrouping. She ends up keeping that look and adopts it.
    This doesnt necesarelly dismishes the blood line because we dont know who her father is, maybe is someone from the right bloodline!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Well, there were multiple Battlegrounds, right? Including the one where Moss Man died that took place long ago? I was just wondering if this Battleground Teela might be Sorceress before she became the Sorceress. I know Sorceress's name is Teela-Na but maybe the "Na" could be more like a last name, like "Teela of Na."
    Yes! Teela of New Adventures! Teela of NA!
    Last edited by LANTERN-RO; February 22, 2011 at 10:56am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    This is the form of her after she is King Adam's bride.....hey, it could happen I guess?
    Bride? or Honeymoon??

Seriously... every time I see that figure, I think Skeletor must have attacked in the dead of night, and she quickly ran out wearing He-man's pants....

Quote Originally Posted by LANTERN-RO View Post
    This doesnt necesarelly dismishes the blood line because we dont know who her father is, maybe is someone from the right bloodline!
    Adam and Teela related? Let's not, but say we did.

I'm hoping the Big Plans are to either include a maroon robe with hood and a red belt with her or at least include an in-scale green castle as an accessory. . .

cause when I hear Big Plans, only Filmation rights and Castle Grayskull comes to mind.

well is she from the Ultimate Battleground I or Ultimate Battleground II?

haha furry underwear revealed to me...LOL
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Should be interesting to find out what the "big plans" are!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I'm hoping Battleground Teela's a villain. Not likely, but I still think it'd be neat. ;b
    Last edited by Jon; February 24, 2011 at 12:51am.

I'm loving the stuff you guys are coming up with. This is one of the reasons MOTU is so awesome. In the words of Tom Waits, "Everything You Can Think Of Is True."

I'm wondering if this Teela is The Sorceress...in the minicomics Teela is named after The Goddess Teela...I dunno. Maybe. Someone remind me of the timeline again, which occured when, ultimate battleground and great wars, which came first? Is the Ultimate Battleground Preternian or between then and Adam's time? Then there's a second ultimate battleground, right? I can't keep track with the rampant (almost irresponsible) use of the word "battle" in MOTU...
    Last edited by AmericanLegend; February 24, 2011 at 03:19pm.