Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Club Grayskull Packaging pics, featuring He-Man

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar

MOTU Club Grayskull Packaging pics, featuring He-Man

If these have been posted, I haven't seen them. If so, Mods, please delete.

Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Looking pretty good! Is there some kind of extra piece being packaged to build something?
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Looking pretty good! Is there some kind of extra piece being packaged to build something?
    My guess is what's in the top photo...although the textures look to be somewhat different.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Wow. I might actually start keeping the packages now.

THIS is the He-Man figure I wanted back in 1983. Better late than never I guess.
    "Red Warrior needs food badly!"

The He-Man art on the back is awful and he kinda looks weird in package (could be the angle?) as if his nose is off somehow? Definitely not as good as the prototype at SDCC, but not Point Dreadful Teela awful.

I think the stone thing is what Shadow Weaver places the swords in, in the She-Ra Unchained episode.

Watch from the 13:44 mark:

Last edited by blackiecats; February 1, 2016 at 03:15pm.
    At this point I just HOPE for Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy!

He translated well to a toy. A little shiny/glossy, but his initial sculpt is intact! Oh no...Derpy eyes on the packaged one?!

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    The He-Man art on the back is awful
    Agreed. That art is hideous! Those leg muscles ... the face ... oh dear!

Regarding the figure itself, the face sculpt is really nice. It's the best-looking Filmation He-Man face sculpt I've seen.

Pity about the long, skinny boots though. Also the harness is quite thick.

Heroic Warrior
    The figure came out great, but the face on the artwork on the back is terrible. The body is okay, but that face is way off. They should have just used a screen grab from Filmation. That's still not the Filmation sword either, but it does seem to look better than the one that came with Flogg. All in all, I'm excited for the figure.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, stratosfear, Mulletor, racer x, and IceyCat.

For someone who's prominently NOT a fan of the simplistic Filmation design, he turned out pretty good.
    The smooth boots will forever look weird to me, and I wish the 4HM would take another pass at the Filmation power sword.. It's still way off.
    Packaging is stunning though!

Wow the opened figure looks great! The packaged one looks like the eyes may be a bit up angled but the sculpt is there. I don't mind the shine on him as he was rather tanned in the Filmation cartoon, and to me being tanned and shiny go hand in hand. (Personal tone: I'm not a fan of tanning nor being shiny). I was worried since we hadn't seen any production pics yet that this line may have been delayed.

Damn. I was hoping he would have a non-gloss finish but I would imagine there is a way to remove the gloss without messing up the paint. Other than that my only complaint is the boots. They have an odd shape and the color doesn't seem right

These will be the first toys i won't be opening. I have no interest in putting them alongside the motuc figures just because of the aesthetic differences. I prefer the packaging far more than the motuc cards! He-Man looks great just not my preferred style. The card art looks fine to me as well, just very 80s and Filmation...

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    Damn. I was hoping he would have a non-gloss finish but I would imagine there is a way to remove the gloss without messing up the paint. Other than that my only complaint is the boots. They have an odd shape and the color doesn't seem right
    The face is kind of slick. You can buys a matte lacquer called Testor's Dullcote to reduce the glossiness. I did it with my vintage He-Man head and it worked without stripping the paint. It dulled it down a bit.

Also, the face in the package doesn't look like the face in the picture above...getting a bit worried that China botched it again.

photo sidebysideheman_zps8vk2kabc.png

We will know once we have it in hand I guess. Still kind of worried considering the Teela fiasco.
    Last edited by sirsniffy; February 1, 2016 at 07:44pm.

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    The boots looked bad since the ebay test shots. They are anatomically and physically wrong. If you follow the line from the flesh top part of the calf through the cuff, the boot part is not aligned. If anything it should be thicker, since there is some material there, but instead it is thinner. Other than that, the figure looks OK. As was mentioned before, the Armor is unnecessarily thick. But apparently, China.

I wasn't interested in these and also wasn't impressed with the prototypes at toy fair last year. However in these pics he looks great and I'll deff be getting him. At this rate I'll do the same thing I did with classics. Plan on getting one or two then end up with 100s of figures in a few years time.

The art on the back looks pretty horrible but can't say I care too much. It's the figure I want.

Awesome! Boxes, finally!

Stackable and perfectly displayable poses right in the box. I hope they do a similar thing for Thundercats.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Skeletor
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Seeing these pics I wish I hadnt subbed. The art is horrible, so are the boots, the forearms, the armor, the sword and also the face, at least of the packaged one.
    So far I'm underwhelmed but I'll wait till I have the figure in hand.

God, those boots. What were they thinking? Has Brandon left as well? This is far worse than anything Rueben has ever screwed up.
    Awesome sticker included!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Not overly impressed with the Tie holding him in at the waist....Might be a cost cutting thing, but those can screw up apps!

looks like no more Rubber bands!.

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm not too crazy about the rocker ankle boots.

I hope the figure looks less glossy in person.

And what is it about the Filmation sword that's so difficult to sculpt? Isn't this attempt #3?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    God, those boots. What were they thinking? Has Brandon left as well? This is far worse than anything Rueben has ever screwed up.
    Brandon is still there. Eric Treadaway mentioned it on RGD.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    I can't wait to get him. Soooooo excited. Finally a toyline based on the cartoon that is faithful to the cartoon in terms of accuracy. Hopefully they increase it to twelve figures next year

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

I feel so so about this, but in fairness this and evil lyn I'm not that fussed about.

Unimpressed.. but it is a $20 figure, not $27. So for that price, it will be OK. Really just wanted Skeletor, Beastman and Trapjaw!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

the boots are so ugly! I like the idea of lest detail one, but there is something wrong about this one.
    guspena.com

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I don't think the studio pics look too bad (though the ankles are weird). And while the box/package looks nice, the in package He-Man figure looks crummy. The one in the box looks different, and I don't think it's just because of the angle.

So glad I didn't sub for this line.