Thread: Battle Ground Man-E-Faces (Classic deco and orginal helmeted appearance)

Widget

Battle Ground Man-E-Faces (Classic deco and orginal helmeted appearance)

I don't know about you but I was disappointed that MOTUC Man-E-Faces was flesh toned like his original cardback depiction.

Would anyone be interested in seeing a "Battle Ground Man-E-Faces", orange skin, possibly new armour to closet match the 1984 figure and his classic toy head and deco.

We were promised his classic toy deco was going to be produced and issued with a DC figure in the DC Universe Classics Vs. Masters Of The Universe Classics Toys R. Us line, but now that the line discontinued several years ago it seems a shame not to see Manny in his glorious classic colours.

Heroic Podcaster
    I definitely need an orange Man-E eventually, not the half-naked one we got. Makes no sense to not wear a body suit under that armor and leave so much naked flesh showing - the upper thigh pinching alone would be horrendous!
    Angella - BLADE! - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - EXTENDAR! - FLUTTERINA!
    Flying Fists He-Man - Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma
    RIO BLAST! - Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

It's funny because I always assumed that WAS his skin. I never thought it was a body suit. I just thought it was his head apparatus with wires and tubes coming from it, with the rest of him just as naked as any of the other guys, lol. As a kid, I honestly just always thought the orange tone was a manufacturing accident. Didn't bug me though. Just like the Caucasian flesh tone doesn't bother me now. I wouldn't be opposed to a variant, but I suspect any Man-E-Faces variants we get from here on out might be either NA Man-E or SOH Man-E, which I'd bet would be based on the SOH concept art Man-E-Faces. I wouldn't be opposed to a variant as you've mentioned, but I'd be shocked if they actually made one.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by DobbyTron View Post
    We were promised his classic toy deco was going to be produced and issued with a DC figure in the DC Universe Classics Vs. Masters Of The Universe Classics Toys R. Us line, but now that the line discontinued several years ago it seems a shame not to see Manny in his glorious classic colours.
    When exactly were we promised this would happen? Never heard of this.
    formerly wayneepoo, now with better name!

Most Wanted (Remaining)
    Vintage MOTU: Blast Attack, Dragstor
    POP:Angella, Mermista, Peekablue
    NA:Tuskador, Quakke, Sagitar
    Filmation:Lizard Man, Dylamug, Vultak
    But in reality I want them ALL!!

Widget
    It was mentioned when ToyGuru put up a poll on the deco just after Man-E-Faces reveal. There were three options. The cardback colours, the classic toy colours or half-way in between. Many voted for the half-way look, but his deco ended up far more like his card back design. The reason Man-E-Faces' original toy was because of a manufacturing error.

Personally, I like the orange/purple look.

While Man-E-Faces is my favorite figure…a "vintage toy colors" version is at the bottom of my want list. I don't really recall a promise that we'd get a toy colors version…I think it was more like a "MAYBE eventually", and that was before the roadmap was discarded. With so many other unique figures and He-Man/Skelly/Hordak/She-Ra variants left, I don't see a reissue for Man-E in the cards.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    It was mentioned when ToyGuru put up a poll on the deco just after Man-E-Faces reveal. There were three options. The cardback colours, the classic toy colours or half-way in between. Many voted for the half-way look, but his deco ended up far more like his card back design. The reason Man-E-Faces' original toy was because of a manufacturing error.

As did TG, but fortunately we ended up with a sensible version which looked like the minicomic illustrations.

The orange version was subsequently only mentioned as a possible variant. In my opinion this would be pointless. There are some much more important variants we could have before then.

The one we have is fine, apart from the badly sculpted head which doesn't fit the helmet neatly.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Yeah, I was aware of the poll. Personally, I voted for the half-way look as I thought it was the best representation. However, never did I hear something about either the toy or the cardback version coming in a DC vs MOTU pack.
    formerly wayneepoo, now with better name!

Most Wanted (Remaining)
    Vintage MOTU: Blast Attack, Dragstor
    POP:Angella, Mermista, Peekablue
    NA:Tuskador, Quakke, Sagitar
    Filmation:Lizard Man, Dylamug, Vultak
    But in reality I want them ALL!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Things like this, card back Ram-Man, or mini-comics Trap Jaw would be, I think, attractive to Mattel, as they would require little to no new tooling and thus allow some more use out of existing molds. Maybe as stand alone figures up for day of sale on Matty, or even something they could make a deal with a major e-tailer for as an exclusive. At the very least, Mattel has to be chomping at the bit to use those Ram-Man molds again to get their money's worth out of them.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to a variant, but I suspect any Man-E-Faces variants we get from here on out might be either NA Man-E or SOH Man-E, which I'd bet would be based on the SOH concept art Man-E-Faces.
    I'll admit, I am conversant with vintage, POP, and 200X, but not NA or SOH all-too-much. I had no idea that such alternate artwork even existed! Would someone be so kind as to point me in the direction of any images. I'd LOVE to see this!

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Things like this, card back Ram-Man, or mini-comics Trap Jaw would be, I think, attractive to Mattel, as they would require little to no new tooling and thus allow some more use out of existing molds. Maybe as stand alone figures up for day of sale on Matty, or even something they could make a deal with a major e-tailer for as an exclusive. At the very least, Mattel has to be chomping at the bit to use those Ram-Man molds again to get their money's worth out of them.
    Based on everything I've heard TG state recently, Mattel is looking hard at refreshes and 2.0 versions to help the line out in 2016 and beyond. So, it is likely you are right that we will eventually see orange colored Ram Man 2.0, Trap Jaw 2.0 (two ways to go either mini-comics colors or Filmation colors). We could use 2.0 of He-Man, Skeletor, Stratos, Evil-Lyn, Teela, Fisto, Sorceress, Roboto, King Hssss, Clawful, Marzo, etc. Or maybe they will hit retail somehow with refreshes . . . who knows . . . especially with a movie being developed. But I think they need to do this to allow late comers to get older figures and to help refresh the line in general. I think if done right, could be real successful, even for us fans that already have those characters. I know I personally wouldn't mind some more Filmation colored designs on some of the characters. This is in addition to developing new figures of characters we haven't gotten yet. Lord knows there is still a ton to go, but the new characters are obscure and won't sustain the line on their own, so 2.0 refreshes would be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Yeah, I was aware of the poll. Personally, I voted for the half-way look as I thought it was the best representation. However, never did I hear something about either the toy or the cardback version coming in a DC vs MOTU pack.
    Yeah, but the DC vs MOTU retail line was killed off.