Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 133 Discussion - Toy Fair teaser with the 4H

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 133 Discussion - Toy Fair teaser with the 4H

Episode 133 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Nate Baertsch, Rob Base and Daniel Benedict are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode they joined by Eric Treadaway as they discuss
    MOTU at Toy Fair,
    Four Horsemen booth at Toy Fair,
    Tuskador,
    Horde Wraith,
    Crita,
    General Sunder,
    Evil-Lyn 2.0,
    ThunderCats,
    Clawful 2.0,
    Point Dread Teela,
    Snake Mountain,
    Lord Masque's colors,
    ThunderCats sub and lineup,
    Mumm-Ra,
    light-up eyes,
    release planning,
    and much more!

Intro/Outro info:
    none

Another fan contribution are episode wallpapers and backgrounds, created by Matt Tyree also know as Tyree on the forums. Matt is commercial illustrator who you can find out more about at www.tyreeonline.com

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

And if you have a comment or a question, please call us at (310) 933-5993 or at our Skype account "roastgooble" and leave a voicemail (in Skype, please go to Call Phones and enter roastgooble as the phone number and dial in. Please do not add roastgooble to your contact list as we won't accept the request. Sorry!) We'll try to work your voicemail into the show, so please call! Otherwise, you can e-mail us at gooble (at) he-man (dot) org. One or more of the hosts will read your e-mail on the show. Please keep e-mails short and sweet!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Recorded on January 17, 2016
    Runtime: 1 hour, 05 minutes, 14 seconds

Direct link for Episode 133

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Glad to see another episode so soon! I was starting to feel a rumbling in my tummy!
    Hey Matty, Snake Mountain rocks! Please make it!!!

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Yes, I am indeed hungry.

So glad to be getting these again!
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Great! I was hoping for some info on Tay Fair.

Oh man, I am SO pumped to see Tuskador now given that teaser! Sounds like he is going to be amazing!
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I like how Eric addressed the ThunderCats and Filmation animated figures critical feedback. Things look good until fans bring up animation cels and find differences because there is a transition from 2D cel art to 3D sculpt. Colors are also all over the place, such as Evil-Lyn's skin colors or Lion-O's tan/beige/orange skin colors. Panthro isn't squat or his neck too long, etc. Different animators working on certain episodes and such can distort looks.

Emiliano usually goes through explaining this stuff because fans think the Filmation Pop Culture Shock statues are somehow off model.

And he mentioned the complaint levels; if one passionate guy keeps mentioning it, nothing happens. But if everyone agrees with that passionate guy, then it could change things--IF caught early enough.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    I think with thundercats its a little different because unlike most 80's properties they weren't remade every few years. we are used to seeing different versions of he-man transformers and the turtles but the only change that has ever been made to thundercats was the 2012 series.

plus the toys were very fairly accurate to the series as well so people have the nostalgia of playing while watching and not really feeling they were different characters.

I am looking forward to getting these in person mainly for my collection but I also want to see the classics compatibility, he-man with chief carnivus headswap! (if the heads can be swapped)
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

This was a great listen...but hearing Lyn 2.0 doesn't have a re-thought body irritates. They know that the female bodies have been needing retooling for years now and the Filmation line was the opportunity. This "oh there wasn't time/we'll know better for next time!" response is over used. The figure may be fine in the end but it doesn't sound like she'll be great, or factor in the comments folks have spent years making about how to improve these gals.

It's like the on-going excuses over the female crotches. "Oh well we didn't understand the problem before, so next year you'll see a big improvement!" And then next year comes, and it's still an issue.

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    This was a great listen...but hearing Lyn 2.0 doesn't have a re-thought body irritates. They know that the female bodies have been needing retooling for years now and the Filmation line was the opportunity. This "oh there wasn't time/we'll know better for next time!" response is over used. The figure may be fine in the end but it doesn't sound like she'll be great, or factor in the comments folks have spent years making about how to improve these gals.

It's like the on-going excuses over the female crotches. "Oh well we didn't understand the problem before, so next year you'll see a big improvement!" And then next year comes, and it's still an issue.
    its the same thing with evil-lyn everytime, she never gets any love. its always repaints!
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

It's high time evil lyn got some love. I'm done with repaints- she's skeletor's Second in command for poops sake. I hope the filmation one makes this effort & they do decide to change her more. She's An A LIST figure. I'd like to see her come with her wand & a magic blast

I'm glad to hear another possible explanation for Teela's face. While she is far from perfect, I still enjoy the hell out of my Talon Fighter!

I haven't listened to all of it yet, but it's hard to beat the episodes with Mr. Treadaway on them. I could listen to him talk shop all day, every day!

Thanks everyone!
    Hey Matty, Snake Mountain rocks! Please make it!!!

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I haven't listened to all of it yet, but it's hard to beat the episodes with Mr. Treadaway on them. I could listen to him talk shop all day, every day!

Thanks everyone!
    Same here. Always appreciate RGDs, especially with one of the Four Horsemen.

Pretty awesome hearing the description of how impressive Tuskador is!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Sounds like Tuskador and Horde Wrath will be really impressive!!!

Also excited about seeing Crita and General Sunder's additional accessories! Here's hoping they make it all the way to the final figure!

This was an exciting episode, always great to have Eric on. So much Gooble, I feel spoiled! Now I just wish I could see the figures! Crazy theory about Teela, how could the factory in China possibly think it's OK to resculpt the face? That's unacceptable, Mattel really needs to have an employee in China to look over QC of all their lines.

To me it sounds like Eric was talking about Scott's original plan (& suggested by fans ever since the HT 2-pk. sold out) to have General Sunder come with Horde Trooper parts. I just hope they can somehow make it look exactly the same as the clean undamaged MOTUC Horde Trooper. I can't Imagine it would come with Sunder's laser pistol, & Horde Trooper head, Horde Crossbow, Filmation Baton, Shield & vintage red Staff. So I'm hoping that the Matty team decided to also do a Horde Trooper single release with all the weapons & Shield. I just hope whichever way Matty plans to get us more Horde Troopers, it's with all the original MOTUC accessories & they are made in LARGE enough numbers this time!
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

Quote Originally Posted by invisibleboy View Post
    To me it sounds like Eric was talking about Scott's original plan (& suggested by fans ever since the HT 2-pk. sold out) to have General Sunder come with Horde Trooper parts. I just hope they can somehow make it look exactly the same as the clean undamaged MOTUC Horde Trooper. I can't Imagine it would come with Sunder's laser pistol, & Horde Trooper head, Horde Crossbow, Filmation Baton, Shield & vintage red Staff. So I'm hoping that the Matty team decided to also do a Horde Trooper single release with all the weapons & Shield. I just hope whichever way Matty plans to get us more Horde Troopers, it's with all the original MOTUC accessories & they are made in LARGE enough numbers this time!
    I wonder if General Sunder will come with the Filmation Hordak head...

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    He possibly could but,
    maybe using the marine & retro looking trooper heads would suit better.
    Hordak should preserve all the thrill possible for later on...
    imagine some big deluxe figure with interchangeable parts (drill rig, rocket etc)
    it'd be AwesOooome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    That would be a great surprise if someone in 2017 came with the "real" Filmation Hordak head.

Quote Originally Posted by invisibleboy View Post
    It would be great if they could make that a reality. Couple things worry me about that plan, though. One, (as you said), that all the weapons won't be included. But I think the baton and shield should be enough. Or staff and shield. The other thing that worries me is that Sunder is built on the regular human buck, while the HTs are built on the robot buck. So the Sunder-Trooper wouldn't be identical to the old troopers (unless they decide to make Sunder with the robo chest). Although I'm not sure if this would make any real difference.

Great Podcast. I loved the teaser hints from Eric Treadaway

I just Hope Everything The Horsemen Sculpted gets included accessory wise and that Mattel doesn't cut any of them because those teaser hints sound like great stuff was to be included by the Horsemen even though Eric didn't give away what they were.

I'm really looking forward to NYTF now to see what accessories The Horsemen made.
    Last edited by mjw41; January 29, 2016 at 11:31am.
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Great episode! Always love hearing from Eric, and all the hosts always have great questions, insights, etc as well. I've listened to it a couple times. The Horsemen always create such amazing stuff. I know that fans can be nitpicky, but Eric has a great attitude about it. When something is almost universally noted as a miss, he tries his best to improve upon things. Couldn't ask for more! Keep these great episodes coming, guys!

Great episode. Can't wait to see what Evil-Lyn 2.0 looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    Great episode. Can't wait to see what Evil-Lyn 2.0 looks like.
    Horsemen sculpt wise I'm sure she will look Flawless. How she will look after Brandon In design at Mattel translates her into a working toy is the question.
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

I cannot wait to see EVIL LYN!

A FILMATION accurate EVIL LYN is the version I have wanted since this line started back in '08, but I assumed was never possible.
    Evil Robot Manager of Weenie Hut Juniors