Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Rotar and Twistoid in MOTUC Discussion

Heroic Warrior

Official Rotar and Twistoid in MOTUC Discussion

Hello All,

This may have been asked before, but...

I know that the Meterorbs are, at this point, not planned for MOTUC. What about Rotar and Twistoid. Has Toyguru ever said that they are not in the queue for future design and release? Just curious, as they would be pretty low on my list of wants.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

I haven't read anything confirming or denying whether or not Twistoid and Rotar will be featured in MOTU Classics, but I think personally, if they did get a release then it would be as a two pack - or that's how they should be handled anyway. I think, especially as chances are they won't get their action feature, putting them in Classics is scraping the bottom of the barrell, so y'know, maybe towards the end of the line. As an SDCC exclusive or something

I'd be happy to add these 2 to my collection, so hopefully they do get made in MOTUC. TG did say that the plan is to get to ALL figures from the original lines. I hope that holds true.

Heroic Warrior
    Well, that question made me think... How cool would it be if the 1st MOTUC vehicle we'd get would be the Gyrattacker (a prototype was made back in the 80's), with Rotar included ?

That would rock !

Personally, I'm all for Rotar and Twistoid being included in MOTUC.

I always thought Twistoid was the vintage lines alternative to Skeletor's hover robots.

Right now he is literally the only character I do not have from the 80s line, sans the UK giants and He-man and Skeletor variant.

I'm looking forward to one day picking up a MOTUC and vintage Twistoid.

And a Rotar wouldn't hurt anyone either.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Well, that question made me think... How cool would it be if the 1st MOTUC vehicle we'd get would be the Gyrattacker (a prototype was made back in the 80's), with Rotar included ?

That would rock !

Personally, I'm all for Rotar and Twistoid being included in MOTUC.
    Having the Gyrattacker made would be awesome! And hopefully by the time they get around to making Rotar and Twistoid, maybe they will have extra tooling dollars to give them their action features. It's funny how almost everyone here hates the Energy Zoids. I loved them growing up. They had one of the coolest action features. I used to line up all the good guys on one side of the floor and the bad guys on the other. Then I would rev up Rotar and send him towards the villains, then Twistoid and send him towards the heroes, and see who knocked down more for the win. Good memories.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Heroic Warrior
    Come to think of it, Toyguru said vehicles could be made with their pilot... So I guess a Gyrattacker with Rotar could be possible.

I don't expect it to be the first vehicle released, though. But it would definitely be a cool item to get !

I also have good memories of Twistoid and Rotar (Twistoid's colours were so cool !)...

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I want both ASAP!!! Even a 2 pack may be very cool!
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    I would love to see them in MOTUC, simply because I've never seen the originals. I never even knew they existed until I saw them listed in a toy mag in the early '90's. Had no idea what they were until he-man.org came into being.

I've also never seen the Cliff Climber, Tower Tools, or Scubattack Gear, and only knew about them from their appearance in MOTU magazine, and I believe an issue of the Star comic.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

I will change my avatar as soon as Imp is made in MOTUC

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    TG has said all the vintage MOTU characters who had figures in the 80's are slotted for release. When someone referred to Rotar as an "obscure" character, he said something to the effect of "he isn't really all that obscure since he had a vintage figure."

I'd definitely like to see both Rotar and Twistoid in the MOTUC line, possbly as a two-pack. They never made it into 200X so it'll be interesting to see how the 4H do them in Classics.

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    sans the UK giants
    (Prideful) OT: Actually, those were the Italy giants, they were not released for sale in U.K.

Quote Originally Posted by karg182 View Post
    I haven't read anything confirming or denying whether or not Twistoid and Rotar will be featured in MOTU Classics, but I think personally, if they did get a release then it would be as a two pack - or that's how they should be handled anyway. I think, especially as chances are they won't get their action feature, putting them in Classics is scraping the bottom of the barrell, so y'know, maybe towards the end of the line. As an SDCC exclusive or something
    Agree with U.
    I 'd see them as 2 pack or some exclusive as well ..anyway I will buy both definitelly

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

want these with with the KIng Hisss torso swap option, but to add legs.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    want these with with the King Hisss torso swap option, but to add legs.
    Now that might be cool!
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Now that might be cool!
    totally agree!

Rotar

Twistoid

(art by the raw)

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I'd be okay with the legs if they could be switched out for the original look, but wouldn't want them a permanent addition. Kind of ruins the whole idea of the zoids.

I'm hoping they do get made, and see no real reason they couldn't. They could easily use the same basic body for both figures, keeping with Mattel's "re-use or DIE!!" dogma, and it actually would make a lot of sense in this case. They'd need a special stand, though, given the likely shape of their bottoms (again, something they could share). If they needed more re-use, how about a Horde Zoid?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    If they needed more re-use, how about a Horde Zoid?
    Or a Snakeman Zoid ?

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Or a Snakeman Zoid ?
    ...well, if mattel's gonna use the same connection shown on king hsss, then it's almost done!

I'd like to get them! I'm also jonesin' for Meteorbs, though!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Since Toyguru has a penchant for adding new additions to old figures, he might give Rotar and Twistoid lower torsos with legs that the upper torsos can detach from.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I'd definitely like to see Rotar and Twistoid. Either with added legs, or with hands that are able to make the figures stand on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Khan View Post
    (Prideful) OT: Actually, those were the Italy giants, they were not released for sale in U.K.
    lol duly noted, Sir
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I really like these pics, nice if they come with legs, better then what they had for there vintage figures. Either way i want Rotar and Twistoid.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I own both of the vintage figures & I think having them with legs like this would be awesome. Making the legs removable like King Hiss would be even better!
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog