Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official Rotar and Twistoid in MOTUC Discussion

I must admit, out of all of the vintage MOTU figures there were, these two are my least wanted. But, I will definitely buy them when Mattel decides to redo them in the new line. I agree that giving them legs seems pointless and almost detracts from the original character's meaning (to me it would be like making Stinkor smell like flowers or perfume). But if it makes more people want to buy them then Mattel should probably add that option.

MOTUC Twistoid and Rotar

Now I know that he is not one of the most popular characters but I must admit he had an awesome accessory with him, the sickle at the end of the chain. Im not sure if they could do the action feature, but they could do something like orko which makes him look like he is floating, maybe they could put spinner in it. It would be great too if they could include Rotar as a two pack, his accessories too are were awesome, that huge saw sword and his axe/ball and chain. I know they are not the most popular but they were in the vintage line.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    He qualifies for a figure, but I think they will both be a long time in coming. We are talking about two unique figures and the 4H are going to have some work updating them.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    And they are super ugly colour wise... Maybe, but late in the line if ever.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    There were customs done on rotar and twistoid, just done a quick search but nothing came up, i remeber they had legs and looked really good, to the point where i wanted these guys sooner then later if the 4HM did Rotar and Twistoid in a similar fashion.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

I like the colour scheme. The raw did a great redesign:

Perhaps give them a seperate lower body that can be separated like king Hisss?

The buck may be able to be used for Skeletor's robots.

If you give them a head that could give you somewhere to grab so you could spin them like a top, you wouldn't necessarily need the "gyroscope" feature. (Although, not being perfectly symmetrical, he probably wouldn't spin very well).

I would love to get these 2 figures in MOTUC. I never had them in the vintage line.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I always thought Rotar had very interesting potential as a character. Here's this soldier who has his legs amputated during a battle. In a desperate effort to save his life, Man-At-Arms is forced to put him into a machine meant to create these spinning battle robots. This results in a cyborg who finds that he no longer has legs but is, instead, forever fused to this spinning iron cone. That's got to cause some conflicting feelings for the guy.

Anyway, the 4H would do an amazing job on these two figures. If people want legs on them (which IMO sort of defeats the purpose of the characters) they could just have interchangeable lower torsos.

Bring on the energy zoids Matty!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    could it be at all possible to find a way to add on legs like in the raw art of rotar & twistoid???
    this would make them 10x better!
    attachable/detachable legs

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I always thought Twistoid was the vintage lines alternative to Skeletor's hover robots.
    And now they can do the hover robots themselves, he's redundant!

twistoid could lead the hover bots. as a hover big boss.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    He qualifies for a figure, but I think they will both be a long time in coming. We are talking about two unique figures and the 4H are going to have some work updating them.
    Given the Fab Four's uncanny ability to re-use without making it too obvious, I imagine both figures would use the same base body with different armor added on over it. Rotar can use the existing Molarr arms, and Twistoid could likely get away with Trap Jaw's arms. The new legless body can be used on both with the aforementioned distinct armor and a new head for each. So there would be a few new pieces needed, but the body gets used twice and the arms are already done.

However, I don't see these as an individual release, as they wouldn't be worth the full price of a figure without the Whizzer action feature (and I know we won't get that). Would make for a good SDCC two-pack, though.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

that would make an awesome two pack. with all those accessories & optional legs & newer heads it will be well worth the $40 bucks

I think a two-pack would be pretty sweet. I'll take them either way.

Give these guys legs!

In a world with Mekaneks, Extendars, and Trap-Jaws, there should be no reason that these two shouldn't come with robotic/bionic lower extremities which could house power to their upper torsos. These guys could march into battle than pop off their lower bodies and spin into action.

These guys fit better with NA characters in my opinion.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

They should give some sort of stand for them so you can have their "vintage" lower bodies. A secondary lower body with legs would be nice also.

Heroic Warrior
    Easy pass for me, no interest in these guys...

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    A 2-pack of both in fighting poses would we incredible. Ill get them without any doubt.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

i'm loving everyone comments & ideas. nice
    i'm a lot more interested in having them as a two pack with attachable legs, pose stands & there cool weapon accessories.
    standing alone as they were in the 80s it just dosnt appeal to me i think most motu fan feel the same. i think we need to bring this up to toy guru about our ideas for these guy.

I know Rotar & Twistoid are the least popular of the vintage MOTU figures, which might be why I'm pulling for them lately. I want to see ALL the characters from the vintage line remade and these guys are the least likely to see the light of day. Anywho, I found this 200X Rotar custom on a German fansite and thought it was kinda cool.

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I know Rotar & Twistoid are the least popular of the vintage MOTU figures, which might be why I'm pulling for them lately. I want to see ALL the characters from the vintage line remade and these guys are the least likely to see the light of day. Anywho, I found this 200X Rotar custom on a German fansite and thought it was kinda cool. [/url]
    That is really cool, Penny!

I saw Rotar in person for the first time this past weekend. I was at a local comic and toy shop that had him, but they wanted 25.00 dollars for him loose (no accessories). Looking at him, I could really see Mattel being able to reuse a Ram-Man torso with new armor, a new head, and possibly some new lower arms. He'd look fine being a little more hefty.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I love these guys, had a blast with them as a kid. I really want them bad, almost as bad as the rock warriors.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Podcaster
    I originally hoped we'd get both in one regular bubble (I'm a MOC collector) but seeing those mock-ups with legs aboe make me happy to get each one in their own regular sized bubble card.
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma
    Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

I'm looking forward to these as well! Especially Twistoid... the more obscure vintage figures, the better for me ...