Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official Rotar and Twistoid in MOTUC Discussion

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I had em both as a kid and can kinda remember getting them. Think it was from Toys R Us. Those big flourescent orange price stickers stick in your mind for 25 years. Especially on a vintage red and blue MOTU card. Double especially when they are on a card that wasnt the normal shape/size for these MOTU spinning tops.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I want them both and hope they have the vintage toy shape and not a standard buck torso. The spinning bottom and stand are a priority over legs but I love the Raw's designs if there ever was a way to put out a variant "before the accident" version of these two.

Heroic Warrior
    I was thinking Rotar and Ram Man can share arms. With this said, I'd say Rotar will be a while if Ram Man isn't in the forseable future.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I also wonder if they couldn't share the conical bottom part with Skeletor's robot knigts? I know it's not exactly the same but they might be able to work it.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm very taken by the Raw's designs. I'd like the removable legs option.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I just mentioned this in the MOTUC poll, but I think it is worth mentioning again here. Another possibility would be to use legs that come with a future Multi-Bot for these two figures. That would be a very good re-use of existing parts, and help offset some of the cost with producing Multi-Bot. With three sets of unique legs to choose from, I'm sure that Rotar and Twistoid could share some parts with Multi-Bot. The blue legs with treads would definitely work well for Twistoid, as the design is similar to the one used on the classic figure's arms. The purple legs would work well for Rotar, and give him a more unique look than simply recycling Man-E-Faces legs.

It'd be cool if somehow the waist connector joints for all the figures that had them were the same (maybe like King Hsss's waist) so that you mix and match.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I just mentioned this in the MOTUC poll, but I think it is worth mentioning again here. Another possibility would be to use legs that come with a future Multi-Bot for these two figures. That would be a very good re-use of existing parts, and help offset some of the cost with producing Multi-Bot. With three sets of unique legs to choose from, I'm sure that Rotar and Twistoid could share some parts with Multi-Bot. The blue legs with treads would definitely work well for Twistoid, as the design is similar to the one used on the classic figure's arms. The purple legs would work well for Rotar, and give him a more unique look than simply recycling Man-E-Faces legs.

http://valou.ludo.free.fr/Fartaz/motu/49-MultiBot.jpg
    this is brilliant! i would love this to happen!
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

multi bot legs would look nice.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I agree...these guys are going to need some proper legs if they are going to stand on the shelf.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

I think the way to go with Rotar and Twistoid is like Emiliano's ideas:

They look awesome and Mattel Can re-use Ram Man's torso with them.
    RotarVision1.jpg

RotarVision2.jpg

TwistoidVision1.jpg

TwistoidVision2.jpg

If Mattel make them in that way I want three of each.

So, let's start a petition.
    Last edited by Lord of Caos; May 27, 2012 at 01:13am.

Holly! this is outstanding! love the modern vision of them in MOTUC! art is perfect. If I had a chance (I hope it will happen) to pick them in MOTUC I would do that without a second thought. Two pack for them is also another great idea, they was supreme favourite of mine as a kid (I did not even know, that they belongs to MOTU, same with Blade figure from MOTU movie). I enjoyed them for a long time, colours, names, weapons, and an unique action feature makes them really desirable MOTUC part.

Biggest reason I PERSONALLY don't want legs, I don't like that everyone's gimmick is the result of an accident or experiment. The idea of a legless race of humanoids on Eternia (to me) feels like a much better option for story telling.

Not to mention it totally takes away from what makes them unique. I mean if you're going to display them with legs, then they aren't REALLY rotar and twistoid anymore. anyway getting legs doesn't take away from how I want to display them, but ANOTHER story of an accident or experiment turning someone into something, YAWN. legless races of humanoids...SCORE!!!!
    Last edited by krosfyah; June 14, 2012 at 09:33am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I feels the same, they should be done without legs, it's quintessence of them. BUT, legs as bonus addition is acceptable for me.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Biggest reason I PERSONALLY don't want legs, I don't like that everyone's gimmick is the result of an accident or experiment. The idea of a legless race of humanoids on Eternia (to me) feels like a much better option for story telling.

Not to mention it totally takes away from what makes them unique. I mean if you're going to display them with legs, then they aren't REALLY rotar and twistoid anymore. anyway getting legs doesn't take away from how I want to display them, but ANOTHER story of an accident or experiment turning someone into something, YAWN. legless races of humanoids...SCORE!!!!
    While I agree overall, the only history we have on Rotar actually *does* place him as an accident victim, whose lived was saved by MAA converting him into a cyborg.

Personally, while the "with legs" looks shown here are really cool, I have to say I prefer both to come without.

How will the Twistoids be treated?

Does anyone envision them coming with a base to stick them in? Would or could the Ram Man buck (if and when he is made) be involved with their design? These two figures are going to be interesting in design, to say the least. And aside from their odd-ball weapon what else could they have as a secondary weapon?

Heroic Warrior
    I think they should be a 2 pack. Although I like the idea of them being slightly reinvented to have legs, They could be made without them and have a clear base to sit on... perhaps a whirling tornado effect at the base (like the thunder punch effect).

rotar may look better with a blue loin cloth instead of the white or painted legs.
    white loin cloth with bare legs looks like a diaper.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Nice!!!

i would really like to see both of these guys after Emiliano's wonderful visions of them
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Heroic Warrior
    No thanks.

That's an amusing picture, but these are two vintage characters I wouldn't miss if they never make it into MOTUC.

I'm so ready for these guys.

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't even know these characters existed until Classics came around. Which is hard to say coming from someone who had the majority of the vintage toys(I missed Gwildor, Saurod, and the Eternia Playset, had absolutely everything else). But what they hey, bring them on! I'd much rather have them with the King Hiss style torso to be able to switch out for different display options. If that's not doable, then not including the legs is fine by me, but I think it's a missed opportunity.